PDA

View Full Version : Are we as Bears fans being a little hard on ourselves?

Soop
08-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Time after time I think were being a little hard on ourselves. I expect to have a good team and don't fault any of you for this. I think some of us are feeding into the media and watching what ESPN has to say about us. I know we don't have a killer offense, I wish we did but we can still hope for a good season. It's preseason fellas, don't think our team is going to look this bad. I was wishing for Rex to win that job but that didn't happen, as I said before I'm a Bears fan first and I'll root for the winner, congrats Kyle. Also, it bothers me that some of you are wishing Kyle to get hurt or stink just so Rex could get another chance. I'm rooting for Kyle to do good and hopefully we can turn this season around. I'm glad to see some new faces around here, seems like there's more activity as we approach the season...BEAR DOWN.

Bulldog76
08-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Bear Down...but come on...we can hope for a good season? whatever happened to entering a season with confidence? seriously..."hope" and "moral victories" don't add up to wins...

Soop
08-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Bear Down...but come on...we can hope for a good season? whatever happened to entering a season with confidence? seriously..."hope" and "moral victories" don't add up to wins...

It's pretty hard to enter the season w/ the same kind of confidence like we did last year because of last years record.

Bulldog76
08-19-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't know...its not all about how this team finished in the win loss column last year that has me down...I know things can change dramatically from year to year...I expect that of some teams and I can be surprised by some teams ('01 Bears)...but I really don't know if we are upgraded at any one position along our offensive (minus tait over f. miller)...but that is seemingly at the expense of the left tackle position...

We were all on this board 3 and 4 months ago looking for changes in this lineup thru free agency and we didn't get any of them...

It was just a really de-flating season last year and a bad offseason (by injury, attrition and acquisition)...so the optimism and hope meter is running a little low right now...It can be inflated this Thursday/Sept. 7, but if we take a few more on the chin, I will lose all emotion when watching bear games... rather than cheering and anticipating the success of my team, I will be resigned to a bitter "I told you so" which I can tell myself...

Tankjeep
08-20-2008, 06:56 PM
^i understand both of you guys (sooper and bulldog). it's been a roller coaster ride the last few seasons & at times, very trying. last year stunk and with the qb situation not improving the o-line looking pretty horrid....the season isn't looking bright.

but there's always that li'l bit of shining hope.....i just don't want it to come crashing down with more injuries to the defense, ron turner's inability to be creative, both qb's struggling....and then if that all does happen, i don't want to have an offseason where ja doesn't address our glaring issues.

Tkais9009
08-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I have plenty of hope in this season. The Defense is coming back better than ever, cause there is no Archuleta, and Mike brown is healthy.

IDK. dont judge me to harshly but i think this season is looking better than last year

Tankjeep
08-20-2008, 07:40 PM
with a weaker schedule compared to last year....i'd say it's looking a li'l better. i'm always hopeful, just don't want to get crushed & i'm trying to keep balance and not be overly optimistic.

SMIT3R
08-21-2008, 05:14 AM
:mad:Hey i dont think im hard on myself dude im optimistic about this season. Our defense is healthy for the rematch with the colts in week 1. The last time we played the colts we were banged up, this time we will be full strength. if we win that first game it will be a huge confidence boost for our team.

On offense i think we will be better running and passing because we have two starting RBs on the roster. that will help open up the pass for K-Ort. I know he isnt the best qb, but he avoids the pass rush better, doesnt turn the ball over much, and hes not a midget.

Im stuck in Iraq right now w/ a huge brigade of indiana guardsman. All i hear about is the colts this, the colts that. If we win i will be talking s#@t for the rest of my deployment. if we lose then i will never hear the end of it, but we lost to them in the S-bowl so i have to listen to their crap anyway.

BEAR DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!:mad:

Soop
08-21-2008, 11:40 AM
:mad:Hey i dont think im hard on myself dude im optimistic about this season. Our defense is healthy for the rematch with the colts in week 1. The last time we played the colts we were banged up, this time we will be full strength. if we win that first game it will be a huge confidence boost for our team.

On offense i think we will be better running and passing because we have two starting RBs on the roster. that will help open up the pass for K-Ort. I know he isnt the best qb, but he avoids the pass rush better, doesnt turn the ball over much, and hes not a midget.

Im stuck in Iraq right now w/ a huge brigade of indiana guardsman. All i hear about is the colts this, the colts that. If we win i will be talking s#@t for the rest of my deployment. if we lose then i will never hear the end of it, but we lost to them in the S-bowl so i have to listen to their crap anyway.

BEAR DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!:mad:

We might just steal that game from the Colts. I said the same thing before w/ our defense being healthy I don't mind playing them in the first week, it's an advantage for us IMO. Also, Peyton MIGHT miss that game. Even if he does play he hasn't taken a snap in preseason, not that needs to but he's still going to be rusty if he plays in the first week.

Good luck w/ everything in Iraq bro, I know you're holding it down over there. I have some family and friends currently over there, BEAR DOWN!!!

Jerry34
08-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Do any of you guys remember preseason in '06? Rex didn't look to good and I just remember the media bashing the team. Then we went out and crushed the Packers and Lions (only giving up one TD in 2 games) and the mood changed. I know it's a different team but hopefully we can get something going on offense because our D will keep us in games.

Soop
08-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Do any of you guys remember preseason in '06? Rex didn't look to good and I just remember the media bashing the team. Then we went out and crushed the Packers and Lions (only giving up one TD in 2 games) and the mood changed. I know it's a different team but hopefully we can get something going on offense because our D will keep us in games.

:nod:

That's what I'm hoping for, F the media!