PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets v Sixers

TheAnswer037108
08-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Ok so this is kind of an admittedly silly thread but I just wanted to compare AI's former and current teams. The Sixers made a lot of changes this year and recently just signed Ratliff while the Nuggets may or may not have made a step backwards with the giving away of Camby. Which team has a better chance of winning their respective conferences, will have a better record, and would win head to head?

76ers:
Andre Miller, Andre Iguodala, T. Young, Elton Brand, S. Dalembert with Williams, Green and Ratliff off the bench.

Nuggets:
Allen Iverson, J.R.Smith, Carmelo Anthony, Kenyon Martin, Nene with Atkins, Kleiza, and Balkman off the bench.

I think the Sixers have a better chance of winning their conference by virtue that they play in the weaker one. The Celtics, while still are the reigning champs, might be one and done and the Pistons had a tough time dispatching the Brand-less Sixers in 6. Those are the only two teams that would be definitively placed higher than the Sixers in the East. The Cavs and Magic are right up there with Philly too. The Nuggets might not even make the playoffs but could end up as high as 4th or 5th.

I think the Nuggets still have the better team. I would take Melo over Brand. He's a better scorer and I think he has room to improve. Also, Iverson and JR could definitely outscore Philly's backcourt. Kenyon Martin could also hold his own against Brand. I think Denver could beat Philly in both games.

I think Denver will end up winning about 50-53 games. Philly is gonna end up with around 45-48 games.

Stormblast
08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
The Nuggets have a chance if they find a way to play to the potential in which they have. In my opinion they haven't even played close to that at all for a decent part of the season except for right after they acquired Iverson and made their playoff push. However, considering the the strength differences in the conferences, the Sixers definitely have the better shot of winning the Eastern Conference than the Nuggets do winning the West. If Nene can stay healthy, which will be huge to the overall success of the Nuggets this year, they SHOULD win at least 50-55 games.

Westbrook36
08-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Miller = Iverson
Iggy Kills Jr.Smith
Melo Beats Thad Young
Elton Kills Keyond Martin
Sammy Beats Nene..

Sixers have the better bench too.

DJiC
08-19-2008, 02:22 PM
we can have success if we play some defense/bench play is good/and we dont get lazy when we have leads...we need one more move and thats for either a good sized pg/or sg or a defensive center somewhere along the lines of dwight howard esque or shaq in his early career esque....if nene can emerge as the center we need that be awesome but we still need that decent size starting backcourt

pd7631
08-19-2008, 04:09 PM
I'll take the Sixers to win the East, I think the records will be about the same(somewhere around 50 wins for both teams), and I'll take the Sixers to win both games....the Nuggets have no commitment to defense...if they want to win with AI and Melo they need strictly defensive role players surrounding them

Stormblast
08-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Miller = Iverson? WTF?

TheAnswer037108
08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Miller = Iverson
Iggy Kills Jr.Smith
Melo Beats Thad Young
Elton Kills Keyond Martin
Sammy Beats Nene..

Sixers have the better bench too.

Westbrook I understand your a Sixers fan but you lost credibility with the whole Miller=AI thing...

Iverson was the third best scorer last season and put up over 7 apg. AI put more PPG, APG, and SPG then Miller. Its not even a comparison. Its honestly like saying Iggy is better than Kobe. Miller is good but Iverson is a hall of famer. No Comparison. Please refrain from posting in this message board ever again after such a ridiculous statement.

Iggy doesnt KILL JR. Hes the better overall player. But JR is an equally impressive athlete and a FAR better shooter. I'll go as far to say that JR is the better offensive talent. Hes got atleast as good handles, better shooting, and is a bit quicker. Iguodala is a far better passer and a better defender. But I think JR is more talented.

Melo destroys Young.

Brand is better than Kenyon but its the key matchup for us because Kenyon is strong, athletic, and a bit quicker than Brand. Hes a great on the ball defender and I think would limit Brand to 20.

Sammy is NOT better than Nene. Well, not IF Nene is healthy.

As for the bench, we dont have a great bench but either do u guys. Linas Kleiza is a better scorer than anyone u guys have on ur bench. He put up 41 against Utah last season. Also, Balkman and Hunter are good defensive bigs and Atkins can get hot from outside. I think we have the slightly overall better bench but u guys bring better guard play off the bench.

Theanswer76
08-19-2008, 10:57 PM
ROFL at Miller=Iverson.

Theanswer76
08-19-2008, 10:57 PM
And you should of said Melo Kills Thad not beat.

FNM BOY
08-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Everyone has their bias...We Sixers fans believe we are better and you Denver fans will believe you are better...thats the whole idea of being a fan. But one thing is certain. Philly is never criticized for their reluctance to play solid defense. Good Defense with Good offense wins games.

SUNDUNDIDIT
08-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Denver would win in a 7 game series!!! Definately!

3RDASYSTEM
08-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Its Not Bout Bein Biased Or Fans Its Bout Tellin Truth, If Miller Equalz Ai Then I Must Have Been Watchin European Basketball For The Past Decade Plus, Dude Should Lose All Rights To Post On This Site,

Stormblast
08-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Ok well I'm more of a nugget fan than I am a Lakers fan, but I'd put my money on the Lakers.

TheAnswer037108
08-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Its Not Bout Bein Biased Or Fans Its Bout Tellin Truth, If Miller Equalz Ai Then I Must Have Been Watchin European Basketball For The Past Decade Plus, Dude Should Lose All Rights To Post On This Site,

agreed

Iodine
08-21-2008, 12:23 AM
We dont have george karl and we have eltawn Brizand

Sixerlover
08-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Iverson was the third best scorer last season and put up over 7 apg. AI put more PPG, APG, and SPG then Miller. Its not even a comparison. Its honestly like saying Iggy is better than Kobe. Miller is good but Iverson is a hall of famer. No Comparison. Please refrain from posting in this message board ever again after such a ridiculous statement.

Iggy doesnt KILL JR. Hes the better overall player. But JR is an equally impressive athlete and a FAR better shooter. I'll go as far to say that JR is the better offensive talent. Hes got atleast as good handles, better shooting, and is a bit quicker. Iguodala is a far better passer and a better defender. But I think JR is more talented.

Melo destroys Young.

Brand is better than Kenyon but its the key matchup for us because Kenyon is strong, athletic, and a bit quicker than Brand. Hes a great on the ball defender and I think would limit Brand to 20.

Sammy is NOT better than Nene. Well, not IF Nene is healthy.

As for the bench, we dont have a great bench but either do u guys. Linas Kleiza is a better scorer than anyone u guys have on ur bench. He put up 41 against Utah last season. Also, Balkman and Hunter are good defensive bigs and Atkins can get hot from outside. I think we have the slightly overall better bench but u guys bring better guard play off the bench.

This is why I don't really get into the whole single player debating thing. Melo destroy's young, but Brand is only "better", and Iggy is "the better overall player", and Sammy is only better than Nene "when healthy". If your going to say that JR is better offensively than Iggy, then why didn't you talk about how much better Thad is than Melo defensively?

Biases are funny.

Iversonfan4life
08-21-2008, 12:38 AM
we beat u last yr without Brand in that crazy gm in philly

TheAnswer037108
08-21-2008, 12:59 AM
This is why I don't really get into the whole single player debating thing. Melo destroy's young, but Brand is only "better", and Iggy is "the better overall player", and Sammy is only better than Nene "when healthy". If your going to say that JR is better offensively than Iggy, then why didn't you talk about how much better Thad is than Melo defensively?

Biases are funny.

ur right....i should explain better

AI is overall better than Miller
Iggy is overall better than than JR
Melo is overall better than Thad
Elton is overall better than than KMart
and Nene is overall better than Sammy....when healthy

The matchups we beat u in are more substantial than the ones u get us in....

the benches are about equal although I would say Linas is a better 6th man than anyone u have