PDA

View Full Version : Shaq Wants Another Championship

Z-ray21
08-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Do Yall Think Shaqs 5th Championship Ring Will Come With The Suns?

I Really Dont Think So

What Do Yall Think

dick butane
08-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Are you implying there are players who don't want championships with this thread title?

No. He won't get one with Phoenix.

QUICKTRADE
08-19-2008, 12:05 PM
his dreaming

LAKESHOW..
08-19-2008, 12:07 PM
hahahaha hes not getting one

yojoe792
08-19-2008, 12:08 PM
:confused:

Who doesn't???

Ph1lly Diehard
08-19-2008, 12:10 PM
He's not getting one in Phoenix. There chances were behind them.

Steve Nash has another 2 years at playing at the allstar level, and then he won't be the same after that in my opinion.

Amare seems to have more problems then anyone. He seems to get injured on the smallest of things, and it's ashame.

Shaq isn't himself, he's not dominate, they can only play him a certain amount of minutes, etc.

And finally, they have a new coach. It's going to take some time to adjust.

I don't think it would be with the Suns in my opinion.

JordansBulls
08-19-2008, 12:18 PM
:confused:

Who doesn't???

QFT

cahawk
08-19-2008, 12:27 PM
The Suns have a shot, Shaq gives them another dimension and his presence may get Amare an MVP. Just because he is not in his prime does not mean Shaq cannot conribute. The Suns will know better how to utilize Shaq now.

King Koopa
08-19-2008, 12:34 PM
I really think that, the suns have no more shots after this season, nash is getting old, shaq is getting old, Amare will soon be a free agent and i really dont think he wants to resign with a team with a bunch of nobodys, and he might sign with Miami anyways just because were going to have Wade and Beasley, on the team.

Pg Mario/Banks
Sg Wade/Cook
SF Wright/Jones
Pf Beasley/Haslem
C Amare/????

THANK GOD were not going to have blount anymore.

nygiants242
08-19-2008, 12:52 PM
yea um every player wants a ring lol

marques724
08-19-2008, 01:02 PM
The suns might not make the playoffs let alone get a ring

JJ81
08-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Shaq said he's retiring in 2 more seasons. They wont win the next 2

MiamiHeat
08-19-2008, 01:37 PM
He needs to find another Superstar SG and then they will win and Shaq will be traded and then retired and make a rap song about his superstar SG or diss teammates

stevefrancis
08-19-2008, 01:38 PM
he's done. he should be a backup so he can get his numbers against bench centers.

theimortalone
08-19-2008, 02:27 PM

Steve Nash has another 2 years at playing at the allstar level, and then he won't be the same after that in my opinion.

Amare seems to have more problems then anyone. He seems to get injured on the smallest of things, and it's ashame.

Shaq isn't himself, he's not dominate, they can only play him a certain amount of minutes, etc.

And what the hell are the smallest injuries that Amare has had exactly? Do you not know basketball?? The last injury that he had he was out 2 games. Then before that he had microfracture surgery. That is not anything minor. get your stories straight. As for shaq winning another ring, I say yes it sure is damn well possible. Our roster is now complete.

Z-ray21
08-19-2008, 02:40 PM
He needs to find another Superstar SG and then they will win and Shaq will be traded and then retired and make a rap song about his superstar SG or diss teammates

yupp

DeeJay
08-19-2008, 02:49 PM
I really think that, the suns have no more shots after this season, nash is getting old, shaq is getting old, Amare will soon be a free agent and i really dont think he wants to resign with a team with a bunch of nobodys, and he might sign with Miami anyways just because were going to have Wade and Beasley, on the team.

Pg Mario/Banks
Sg Wade/Cook
SF Wright/Jones
Pf Beasley/Haslem
C Amare/????

THANK GOD were not going to have blount anymore.

:laugh:

What a dumb post.
You say Phoenix is a bunch of nobodies, well what exactly is Miami then I wonder(Wade/Marion aside of course).
No offense to Miami fans, no baiting, but how dumb is that post, does he realize that?

Lone Maverick
08-19-2008, 02:54 PM
No

The Suns' window was 05-mid 08 (before trading Marion, once that deal was made for Shaq it slammed shut imo) Trading arguably your best defender, and most versatile player for an aging big man that is a shell of himself and is only mildly effective in limited minutes was one of the dumbest things I had ever seen. I respect Shaq for his past but at this point if he honestly wants ring number 5 he needs to get out of Phoenix.

Jay22Redd
08-19-2008, 03:05 PM
every player wants a ring but he's not getting another

MiamiHeatWade33
08-19-2008, 05:29 PM
the suns they still have a chance to win an NBA championship but theres alot of other teams in there way they need to solve

_Sn1P3r_
08-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Yup. ^^

crew158
08-19-2008, 09:33 PM
stick a fork in him hes done

rico
08-19-2008, 09:47 PM
shaq should join the bulls. they have a lot of young talent and would move them from 10-13th seed to more like 4-6th seed with shaq alone. (may be a lil off im being optimistc though hehe)

Beno7500
08-19-2008, 11:58 PM
No way he gets one in PHX

DQL
08-20-2008, 12:14 AM
buy out w/ the Suns, sign the vet min contract for the Celtics and he'll get it :laugh:

avsman05
08-20-2008, 12:20 AM
nope suns are done amare is the only superstar in his prime on that team nash and shaq are getting up there in age and they have a new coach who will take some time to get use to. would not be surprised to see them miss the playoffs this year.

dre1990
08-20-2008, 12:21 AM
The suns might not make the playoffs let alone get a ring

agreed

phxman22
08-20-2008, 12:24 AM
wtf?? suns have just a good of shot as anybody

LAKERS 24/7
08-20-2008, 02:10 AM
notice how only the phx fans think they have a shot

cahawk
08-20-2008, 02:40 AM
notice how only the laker fans thought they had a shot after Shaq left....
the laker's didn't even make the playoffs.

The Suns & Shaq have a shot and at worst they will make the playoffs.

Storch
08-20-2008, 02:46 AM
He cant win without kobe and wade.

OH YEAH! I SAID IT! HOW U LIKE THAT :guns: SHAQ?

dick butane
08-20-2008, 02:49 AM
hahahaha hes not getting one

Hey guy... I'm not a Lakers fan... however someone should tell you it is really bad form to laugh at one of your former players. Especially one that brought your team their last three championships and has four rings total. Have you no decency... or did Laker fans sell their decency that fateful night in a Colorado hotel room? Was it goodness that died along with Chick Hearn? Is it a coincidence Jack Nicholson has played the Devil once and Devil metaphors 4 times in motion pictures. I'd ask you to stop talking on your cell-phone and watch the game... but it is late in the third quarter and you probably have to beat traffic on the 101.

dick butane
08-20-2008, 02:55 AM
He cant win without kobe and wade.

OH YEAH! I SAID IT! HOW U LIKE THAT :guns: SHAQ?

Are Laker fans the new scumbags of basketball?? It's so unsettling that you would sell out your own team history with the vulgarity of gunshot images. Couldn't you just state your opinion and leave the ghetto fantasy out of it?

TMAC94
08-20-2008, 03:10 AM
i believe when he was traded too the suns for marion they lost all hope.

LA_Raiders
08-20-2008, 03:13 AM
lol. unless he goes back to LA as a bench guy...

LA_Raiders
08-20-2008, 03:22 AM
Hey guy... I'm not a Lakers fan... however someone should tell you it is really bad form to laugh at one of your former players. Especially one that brought your team their last three championships and has four rings total. Have you no decency... or did Laker fans sell their decency that fateful night in a Colorado hotel room? Was it goodness that died along with Chick Hearn? Is it a coincidence Jack Nicholson has played the Devil once and Devil metaphors 4 times in motion pictures. I'd ask you to stop talking on your cell-phone and watch the game... but it is late in the third quarter and you probably have to beat traffic on the 101.

Get a life dude...

Willy T Justice
08-20-2008, 03:33 AM
Remember there are only 13 guys in the NBA that will when a championship ring this year. The rest wont. to many variables with each team and injuries. ShAQ has just as much chance this year on the Suns as anyone in the Western conference.

S.J.Basketball
08-20-2008, 03:48 AM
If Shaq had Kobe's work ethic and came back in shape and MOTIVATED after every season he couldve won 10 championships. Lazy a-s-s mofo won 4 though which is amazing, but goddamn....he was a beast and wasted some of his best years being a fat a-s-s and letting his ego get in the way of championships. Shame.

S.J.Basketball
08-20-2008, 03:52 AM

Someone licks Jacks balls. Seriously wtf? Inferiority complex.....

dick butane
08-20-2008, 04:00 AM
Someone licks Jacks balls. Seriously wtf? Inferiority complex.....

These are all serious critiques of Laker basketball fans. Jack is of course a cool actor but the atmosphere of evil that surround such an incredibly ungracious group of fans needs to be pointed out. They have enjoyed a culture of winning only bested by the Celtics and throughout history they have whined as if they have gotten the short end of the stick. wtf?... indeed.

S.J.Basketball
08-20-2008, 04:05 AM
Apparently we have a Laker Fanbase historian on our hands. Hahaha!

dick butane
08-20-2008, 04:06 AM
Get a life dude...

There is a really fun game among LA county sheriffs... they like to watch morning release from the downtown jail complex and bet on the over under of Raider jackets coming out. It seems illiterate thugs are hooked on Raider imagery.

dick butane
08-20-2008, 04:08 AM
If Shaq had Kobe's work ethic and came back in shape and MOTIVATED after every season he couldve won 10 championships. Lazy a-s-s mofo won 4 though which is amazing, but goddamn....he was a beast and wasted some of his best years being a fat a-s-s and letting his ego get in the way of championships. Shame.

4 is 1 more than Kobe and he comes back in better shape every year.... Karl Malone was in great shape.

dick butane
08-20-2008, 04:10 AM
Apparently we have a Laker Fanbase historian on our hands. Hahaha!

I'm sorry is that your ringtone Lakerfan? Don't worry you won't miss much of the game if you take the call.

JJ81
08-20-2008, 04:11 AM
Shaq: I want another championship.
Lakers: Well you're not getting one.

S.J.Basketball
08-20-2008, 04:13 AM
I'm sorry is that your ringtone Lakerfan? Don't worry you won't miss much of the game if you take the call.

Yea it's your wife. She says your dick can't get hard and needs a real man to please her. Go back to reading Catcher in the Rye F-A-G!

stawka
08-20-2008, 04:17 AM
Shaq: I want another championship.
Lakers: Well you're not getting one.
Shaq: That's OK... I'll just have to settle for one more than Kobe. By the end of his career, he'll have about the same as he has now, while that young kid LeBron will wind up having a few.
Lakers: Damn... You got us there Shaq. DAMMIT you seem to do that to us quite often

:clap:

dick butane
08-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Yea it's your wife. She says your dick can't get hard and needs a real man to please her. Go back to reading Catcher in the Rye F-A-G!

**** don't have wives they have guys like you.... and you gave me that book.

LAKERS 24/7
08-20-2008, 04:23 AM
yo dick? why are you such a hater? doesn't every team wanna win more and more and more? thats not jus laker fans, its the humn race. you just here it from us more because we seem to always have a good chance

amare#1
08-20-2008, 04:26 AM
The Suns have a shot, Shaq gives them another dimension and his presence may get Amare an MVP. Just because he is not in his prime does not mean Shaq cannot conribute. The Suns will know better how to utilize Shaq now.

Completely agree. I'm a die-hard suns fan and I believe that we are in with a better chance than what most people think. In an attempt not to sound biased, I'm gonna put forward a few reasons for my opinion:
+ Last season when we got Shaq we barely had any time to adjust, whereas this year we have all summer.
+ Phoenix has always been criticized for not playing D, and since the end of last season we have fired D'Antoni, picked up a defensively minded coach in Porter, and picked up four defensively strong players in Robin Lopez (better than his brother at D), Matt Barnes, Louis Amundson and Goran Dragic.
+ Phoenix has also been criticized for never having a legit point guard to help out Nash and play defense against guards like Tony Parker, since we have drafter Dragic... who is renound for his defence and was rated by Kerr as the second best point guard in the draft.
+ Everyone is worrying a lot about Shaq and the fact that hes getting old. This won't be such a big issue as Robin Lopez has a huge frame and will get a decent amount of minutes. He isn't great on the offensive end but is a phenomenal defender, who some say could even be better than his brother overall. Between Amare, Diaw, Shaq, Amundson and Robin Lopez we should be able to limit Duncan and other big men in the future... or atleast better than we previously have.

dick butane
08-20-2008, 04:31 AM
yo dick? why are you such a hater? doesn't every team wanna win more and more and more? thats not jus laker fans, its the humn race. you just here it from us more because we seem to always have a good chance

Yes and no. That's not the point. I was responding to posts from Laker fans that had no content other than to hate on Shaq. A guy who did quite a bit for the Lakers and was traded away. I just thought maybe ya'll could show a bit of class... and none of you seem to be able to.

S.J.Basketball
08-20-2008, 04:40 AM
Yes and no. That's not the point. I was responding to posts from Laker fans that had no content other than to hate on Shaq. A guy who did quite a bit for the Lakers and was traded away. I just thought maybe ya'll could show a bit of class... and none of you seem to be able to.

Who the hell cares? Yea lets worship Shaq like some false idol even though he's a dick. Yea...he gave us some great memories, but it doesn't change the fact that he's an A-hole who talks too much to the media and throws players under the bus whenever he gets the chance.

But you go ahead...get on your knees and open wide big guy.

dick butane
08-20-2008, 04:51 AM
Who the hell cares? Yea lets worship Shaq like some false idol even though he's a dick. Yea...he gave us some great memories, but it doesn't change the fact that he's an A-hole who talks too much to the media and throws players under the bus whenever he gets the chance.

But you go ahead...get on your knees and open wide big guy.

Dude you want a guy to open wide for you? On his knees!!? I think maybe you have some issues.

Didn't the Laker coach write a book where he threw some players under the buss... and doesn't he play the media to call guys out? Oh, that's right you disdain reading.

LAKERS 24/7
08-20-2008, 04:55 AM
ey dick, why don't you stop actin like you know something about the lakers, when its obvious your only source of laker news is sportscenter

S.J.Basketball
08-20-2008, 04:56 AM
Dude you want a guy to open wide for you? On his knees!!? I think maybe you have some issues.

Didn't the Laker coach write a book where he threw some players under the buss... and doesn't he play the media to call guys out? Oh, that's right you disdain reading.

I don't disdain reading at all. I disdain LAME comebacks though. Someone needs to take your mama out back and slap her for having you. You must love the smell of S-H-I-T because your head is shoved so far up your own *** lol.....

dick butane
08-20-2008, 05:05 AM
ey dick, why don't you stop actin like you know something about the lakers, when its obvious your only source of laker news is sportscenter

I was the first person to put something on Chick Hearn's star on Hollywood Blvd. the day he died.
A laker t-shirt and a package of jello. I grew up watching both the Lakers and Clippers and think Laker fans on these threads have little decency. The comments reflect on anyone who touts an LA pride.

Giants-49ers-Ws
08-20-2008, 05:10 AM
shaq- give me a break..who doesn't want a ring?...phoenix is too old they'll make playoffs but again take a 1st round exit

dick butane
08-20-2008, 05:12 AM
I don't disdain reading at all. I disdain LAME comebacks though. Someone needs to take your mama out back and slap her for having you. You must love the smell of S-H-I-T because your head is shoved so far up your own *** lol.....

Which part of you wanting to be serviced by a man is LAME? Is that how you feel in the shameful parts inside of you?
Also nothing is as generally accepted as lamer then the use of "lol" but you slap it on whenever you feel the need to applaud yourself.
What's lamer then regurgitating tired phrases?

bigmac8675
08-20-2008, 05:24 AM
He will not be getting a ring in Phoenix.... poor guy, its not like he doesn't have enough already.:cool:

FreedomReigns
08-20-2008, 05:26 AM

1) Steve Nash has another 2 years at playing at the allstar level, and then he won't be the same after that in my opinion.

2) Amare seems to have more problems then anyone. He seems to get injured on the smallest of things, and it's ashame.

3) Shaq isn't himself, he's not dominate, they can only play him a certain amount of minutes, etc.

4) And finally, they have a new coach. It's going to take some time to adjust.

1) Your right, Nash has about 2 years left at his current level and then he won't be the same. Nash is still an All-Star caliber point guard. May I ask what the relevance of Steve Nash possibly retiring in two years has to do with the Suns chances this year?

2) Other than missing time recovering from a major knee surgery and only playing 55 games in 03-04 after suffering a third degree ankle injury, I don't understand your reference to Amare. He only missed 3 games last year and played all 82 the previous year.

3) Shaq is deffinatly past his prime but his arrival in Phoenix allowed Amare to be moved to his natural position at power forward and Amare exploded on opponets. Shaq still clogs the middle, alters shots and pulls down rebounds. That's what centers are supposed to do, right? The Suns can also say Shaq is a better option at center than what 25 of the 30 teams in the NBA can offer. How does this hurt their chances?

4) I do agree that bringing in a new coach can have it's drawbacks but I don't see it being an issue on a talented veteran team. It's not like the Suns are a team with young inexperienced players who have never seen a half-court set in their lifetime.

Anyways, being the biased Suns fan I am, I feel the Suns are the team to beat and i'll leave it at that.

amare#1
08-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Error more to follow.

What are you referring to?

Willy T Justice
08-20-2008, 05:37 AM
What are you referring to?

i believe he made an error while writing his blog.

amare#1
08-20-2008, 05:38 AM
i believe he made an error while writing his blog.

Yeah probs

Willy T Justice
08-20-2008, 05:46 AM
shaq- give me a break..who doesn't want a ring?...phoenix is too old they'll make playoffs but again take a 1st round exit

The SUNS are an aging veteran team agreed. But Nash is still a top 5 point guard in this league. SHAq still produces at center stats wise and can still be a defenseive force in blocking and altering shots. Amare will have a MVP type year again, so yea SHAQ still has a shot at his 5 championship with the SUNS this year.

marques724
08-20-2008, 09:50 AM
The suns right now are at best the sixth best team in the west. Lakers, hornets, spurs, rockets, jazz are all better with teams like the blazers, warriors, nuggets, and even the clippers all competing for a spot in the post-season. 50 games will be the cutoff again and if Shaq misses his required 20 to 25 games he misses every year there is a possibilty the suns miss the playoffs.

XJW18
08-20-2008, 11:41 AM
NO
waste of a thread!

zamudio_jorge
08-20-2008, 12:00 PM
shaq only get another title if he play again with LA Lakers because we will win this year

x)

JeffFrankGore
08-20-2008, 12:10 PM
OOOo Me too! I want a championship please. Do you think I'll get one?!

Is this a serious thread. Shaq is on the heavy decline, and he won't get another championship unless some amazing team carries him there, because he doesn't have anything left to take his team to the promised land.

allison_a1234
08-20-2008, 02:04 PM
nope. wont happen

lakersfan211
08-20-2008, 05:07 PM
he has no more chances playing with phoenix ,we are a hole lot better then the suns, now all the suns are is a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs and some say they wont even make the playoffs next year.

FreedomReigns
08-20-2008, 11:13 PM
he has no more chances playing with phoenix ,we are a hole lot better then the suns, now all the suns are is a 7 or 8 seed in the playoffs and some say they wont even make the playoffs next year.

People talk. You talk, I talk, some use sign language. Question is, how many of those who communicate form their own opinions based on actual unbiased research?

It seems that ever since all the big news outlets and sport's "gurus" placed the Suns as an eight seed, every fan out there has taken it as concrete information. I hear the same old excuses as to why the Suns won't be competitive next year and although their is some truth to the talk, most of it is foolishness.

Sure the Suns might end up an eight seed. Shoot, they might not even make the playoffs. Problem is, nobody but the Suns themselves, an "old" veteran team with playoff experience and loads of talent can determine how they finish.

LAKERS 24/7
08-22-2008, 03:01 PM
The suns right now are at best the sixth best team in the west. Lakers, hornets, spurs, rockets, jazz are all better with teams like the blazers, warriors, nuggets, and even the clippers all competing for a spot in the post-season. 50 games will be the cutoff again and if Shaq misses his required 20 to 25 games he misses every year there is a possibilty the suns miss the playoffs.

what about the mavs?

king4day
08-22-2008, 03:40 PM

WTH are u talking about? After the Microfracture, he had his other knee scoped and that was it. He played almost every game since then.

Tom81
08-22-2008, 04:24 PM
Shaq Wants Another Championship...and he will have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KeithLBC
08-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Shaq Wants Another Cheeseburger...and he will have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rimshot:

Seriously, if this thread would have been named "Amare wants a championship", or "Nash wants a championship", people would have responded differently.

Shaq is only a shadow of what he once was. IMO, the Suns will go as far as the medical staff allows them to. If they can keep Shaq & Nash on the floor for at least 75 games, they should at least be the team that they were last year.