PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for the Raptors Fans of PSD.

Mile High Champ
08-19-2008, 09:42 AM
So I was thinking. Before the summer is over we should get together for a game of pickup ball somewhere in the toronto-GTA area. Sorry to fans who don't fall into this area in advance. I think it would be a great way to get out and play some ball and get to know the people on the board. I know this mind seem intrusive but hey I am always open to some ball. We could even throw on our Sign in name on the back of our shirt when we play. Just an idea here, Could be fun to unite the raptors fans...that's all. Does anyone have interest in this? We would welcome anyone to play, no matter the skill level or age.

So we have had some interest, can People PM me if they are interested in playing, Also let me know where you live (so we can get an idea of best place to hold the pickup games) and what day of the week works best. Even your age would help so we get an idea of who is coming

Cheers

marvILLous
08-19-2008, 09:50 AM
yah we tried to do this like 2 summers ago but nothing really happened. but if enough ppl go, i might go.

Mile High Champ
08-19-2008, 10:16 AM
yah we tried to do this like 2 summers ago but nothing really happened. but if enough ppl go, i might go.

Well I am gonna try it once more..haha. Maybe it could work, Would make for some interesting smack talk on the board later...

cheers

Bob_at_york
08-19-2008, 10:37 AM
I have tried to organize this before. I love playing ball and ever since my injury I haven't been playing enough. I am in the process of joinning a b-ball league right now, I just need to fill out my team. But if enough people are interested tell me where and when and I will try my best.

Mile High Champ
08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
I have tried to organize this before. I love playing ball and ever since my injury I haven't been playing enough. I am in the process of joinning a b-ball league right now, I just need to fill out my team. But if enough people are interested tell me where and when and I will try my best.

I am gonna give it my best to gain some interest in this kind of an event. I think it would be amazing if we could get this done. What league is it bob?

Bob_at_york
08-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I am gonna give it my best to gain some interest in this kind of an event. I think it would be amazing if we could get this done. What league is it bob?

Well at first I was going to play in a tcssc league but by getting people from my baseball team, I only had half a team. So I posted something at their website and some guy told me about a league that plays at Yonge and Eglinton and is cheaper. I am leaning towards combining teams with him but I really don't want to lose control of the team. I don't want ball-hogs on our team.

RapsFan4Life
08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
well you better make it soon because im always in for a game of pick up ball but school starts really soon and i bet most people here are in my age catagorie im 20 and once school starts i barely play any sports

were the location to play .. hoop dome is nice ? alot of great courts off lakeshore too

Bob_at_york
08-19-2008, 11:28 AM
well you better make it soon because im always in for a game of pick up ball but school starts really soon and i bet most people here are in my age catagorie im 20 and once school starts i barely play any sports

were the location to play .. hoop dome is nice ? alot of great courts off lakeshore too

I have never played at hoop dome, I assume it isn't cheap. The last couple of years I have made sure I play sports twice a week at least during the fall/winter but I am not in school anymore.

jdot22
08-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Im down ... when and where? I need some RUNS!

jdot22
08-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Im from sauga ... where is everyone else from? I wouldnt want to go to far ...

is there any way to change the title of this thread ... so we can draw in more people for a run ....

bartlett2266
08-19-2008, 12:27 PM
mississauga brampton area i would be in a for a game of pick up

pebloemer
08-19-2008, 12:51 PM
I am in Hamilton but could make the trip that way very easily. I would love to play (although I suck at basketball I love to play). If it were to be done I would need enough notice to schedule it in, that is the only thing I can think of that would get in the way of me going.

RapsFan4Life
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
I have never played at hoop dome, I assume it isn't cheap. The last couple of years I have made sure I play sports twice a week at least during the fall/winter but I am not in school anymore.

ill be happy if i can shower twice a week << just kidding, hoop dome is 4 bucks or something

Mile High Champ
08-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Hoop doom may be an interesting choice here. Any other suggestions. I imagine it would have to take place in the toronto-north york area..

Bob_at_york
08-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Hoop doom may be an interesting choice here. Any other suggestions. I imagine it would have to take place in the toronto-north york area..

I am from York Region but that area works for me too.

jasondrobinson
08-19-2008, 01:50 PM
i dont see anyway that we could, or that BC would even want too, but i would be pretty psyched if we got gordon, he might be a bit selfish but i think he's more capable of taking over a game from the wing spot than any of our current wings... JK can get hot but other than a few magic games, he really cant create his own shot.

Bob_at_york
08-19-2008, 02:04 PM
i dont see anyway that we could, or that BC would even want too, but i would be pretty psyched if we got gordon, he might be a bit selfish but i think he's more capable of taking over a game from the wing spot than any of our current wings... JK can get hot but other than a few magic games, he really cant create his own shot.

wrong thread.

Mile High Champ
08-19-2008, 02:45 PM
I am from York Region but that area works for me too.

That's the same for me, when I'm not in university. I live in Aurora..

boms-4
08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
i would be interested but i live far away in a crumpy ghetto city:D

Mile High Champ
08-19-2008, 03:10 PM
I am going to post a message in the main thread for people to PM me if interested and what day of the week works best for them.

Cheers

jasondrobinson
08-19-2008, 03:31 PM
wrong thread.

my bad....too many threads at once, enjoy your pick up game

North Yorker
08-19-2008, 03:44 PM
I used to live in North York and would love to have a pick-up game... unfortunately I moved to the Maritimes and I'm kinda leaning towards not making the 24 hr drive.

Good luck with it though, hope you get a good turnout.

Mile High Champ
08-19-2008, 03:53 PM
I used to live in North York and would love to have a pick-up game... unfortunately I moved to the Maritimes and I'm kinda leaning towards not making the 24 hr drive.

Good luck with it though, hope you get a good turnout.

hahah too bad.. Would of been nice to get you here for a few hour game, would of been worth it.....

North Yorker
08-19-2008, 03:59 PM
hahah too bad.. Would of been nice to get you here for a few hour game, would of been worth it.....

Yea I know, I have a feeling its gonna be an epic game, with a controversial call at the end.

Send me a plane ticket and I'll be there!lol

_Sn1P3r_
08-19-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm up for it. I live downtown so can't really go far. I can go to hoopdome though. I think the game will even make posting in the Toronto forums funner with more trashtalking and everything.

Raptors27
08-19-2008, 10:11 PM
How about making it in Halifax, Nova-Scotia? haha.. I wish I could go play !

boms-4
08-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Winnipeg!!

jdot22
08-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Hoopdome on a Sunday for me would be good ...

Bramaca
08-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Winnipeg!!

I could probably make Winnipeg sometime. What area do you live in?

boms-4
08-19-2008, 11:30 PM
Transcona

Bramaca
08-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Transcona

There are worse places in Winnipeg to live. I used to live in West Broadway. Not that great of an area.

boms-4
08-19-2008, 11:38 PM
i am not saying Transcona is bad i am saying parts of the city are bad like Spence have fun walking down there at night:guns:

Mile High Champ
08-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Any more interest PSD raptor fans?

boms-4
08-20-2008, 05:31 PM
me and bramaca are having a one on one basketball game:D

_Sn1P3r_
08-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Haha have fun with that. Tell us who wins after. ^^

North Yorker
08-24-2008, 06:31 PM
How about making it in Halifax, Nova-Scotia? haha.. I wish I could go play !

what this guy said^

Raptors27
08-25-2008, 10:13 AM
what this guy said^

North Yorker, you live in Halifax?

Mile High Champ
08-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Still looking to get this done but people have to send me their info via PM I asked about.

PostYourEyes
08-27-2008, 06:41 PM
im up for it... Hoopdome is nice, I live in Downtown Toronto.

_Sn1P3r_
08-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Mile High, how many people sent you their info already btw?

Mile High Champ
08-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Mile High, how many people sent you their info already btw?

I am missing a lot. I really would like people to send that info soon or this thing is finished..:(

Bob_at_york
08-28-2008, 09:48 AM
you really need my info? I can't just show up some place?

_Sn1P3r_
08-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Cmon guys. This sounds like a good idea. Just send him your info if you can make it. Before school starts though.