PDA

View Full Version : heat starting center?

ashyboy21
08-19-2008, 08:52 AM
what do you think the heat should do about there center situation?
do you think they should do
pg chalmers
sg wade
sf marion
pf beasley
c haslem
and have a quick run and gun team?
where you have marion beasley and haslem who could get like 10(+) points and something like 8 rebounds each?
or do you have blount at center and haslem at pf?
or ydo you have a trade made? show trade possibilities
or are there good centers that could be signed? like jamall magloire?

NYKnickFanatic
08-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Haslem will NOT be the center for the Heat.

Its not happening.

Mark Blount will start at center.

B-Easy will come off the bench.

Cavs_Fan24
08-19-2008, 09:01 AM
i think they should trade marion and try and get a big man.

LakerzDQ
08-19-2008, 09:03 AM
haslem is a bit undersized at PF, he's 6'8" right? there's no way he can survive playing C. what happens if they play the Rockets? Yao is 10 inches taller than him.

RapsFan4Life
08-19-2008, 09:08 AM
your line up would work in NBA live or 2k8, but not in real life, there are two directions for the game offense and DEFENSE and guys like chris bosh and jermain oneal will dunk on haslem if he is center .. absolutily not gunna happen !

ashyboy21
08-19-2008, 09:23 AM
your line up would work in NBA live or 2k8, but not in real life, there are two directions for the game offense and DEFENSE and guys like chris bosh and jermain oneal will dunk on haslem if he is center .. absolutily not gunna happen !

thats why i said other then that itdea what could happen

Knicks845
08-19-2008, 09:33 AM

Easy bro, you acting a bit "homer-ish" but you forgot the other Tandem that will dunk on B-Ez and Haslem,... * Zachy Boy & Ed Curry!!!!!!! Be afraid, Be very Afraid!

Mile High Champ
08-19-2008, 09:35 AM
The Heat need to make a trade. There is a huge log jam of players at the 2-4 spots. Wright, Wade, Beasley, Haslem, Marion etc. Something needs to happen here if the heat even want to a chance at the playoffs.

coltsfan11
08-19-2008, 09:37 AM
I think it's going to be Haslem no question about it. I don't think Blount will start to say the least. While Haslem maybe be undersized, he can make up for that by being quick with his feet and also smart on taking charges. Should be interesting to see what the lineup will be.

King Koopa
08-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Easy bro, you acting a bit "homer-ish" but you forgot the other Tandem that will dunk on B-Ez and Haslem,... * Zachy Boy & Ed Curry!!!!!!! Be afraid, Be very Afraid!

Why should we be scared of a guy that avgs 4 rebs per game and hes a starting CENTER??????

Haslem will NOT be the center for the Heat.

Its not happening.

Mark Blount will start at center.

B-Easy will come off the bench.

B-easy isnt coming off the bench because hes way better then Haslem. And yeah if we dont get a true Center, were going to start Haslem at Center, undersized yeah but at least he can keep Centers out of the Lane since he has a mild range game to give space for wade to do his thing, and overall hes one of are best defenders, hes is going to get kicked around every once in a while but what can you do hes playing out of postion.

haslem is a bit undersized at PF, he's 6'8" right? there's no way he can survive playing C. what happens if they play the Rockets? Yao is 10 inches taller than him.

Since when do you play basketball with your Head????(props to Baller) Size doesnt matter, i want to see yaos slow *** guard Haslem. But yeah he will have trouble with Centers like him and SHaq which are few.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-19-2008, 10:27 AM
blount lol not even a question he is the only c on the team!!!! haslem starting c dont make me laugh!!!!!! :laugh:

LakerzDQ
08-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Heat really need to make changes to their 2 crucial spots, PG and C. I don't know how they're gonna do it, but they've gotta make some moves, some trades and signings.

King Koopa
08-19-2008, 10:50 AM
blount lol not even a question he is the only c on the team!!!! haslem starting c dont make me laugh!!!!!! :laugh:

Trying to find a new center 6 million dollars,
Trying to find a new PG 6 million dollars,
Paul Pierce trying to act like if hes the best in the world Priceless.

"paul says hes the best NBA Player on National TV." Want to get alway?? For as low as 98 $

CELTICS4LYFE, bleeds green. I :puke: Green.

dick butane
08-19-2008, 11:37 AM

Oh yeah... the knicks couldn't get rid of either of their fat loads. It's great you look forward to your team dunking on a rookie and the starting PF of last years worst team.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-19-2008, 12:57 PM

"paul says hes the best NBA Player on National TV." Want to get alway?? For as low as 98 $

ur cool.....miami fan sayin he is king koopa which is from houston lol dont b mad cuz all ur teams suck

J$mo0th_3o5
08-19-2008, 01:20 PM

:laugh::laugh:

bogdanrom
08-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Haslem cannot play center. It has nothing to do with size, he cannot defend the other center's in the league. Ben Wallace was like 6'9 but he had extraordinary defense, something Haslem is far from having. The Heat should definitely consider trading someone, anyones for a center. Or they could get a cardboard cut out of Shaq and play with that.

JordansBulls
08-19-2008, 02:24 PM
No way is Haslem playing Center unless he has Tim Duncan playing PF.

Z-ray21
08-19-2008, 02:39 PM
No way is Haslem playing Center unless he has Tim Duncan playing PF.

tim duncan will drop 50 on him if haslem is guarding him . im not even joking . did yall see what timmy did to shaq and amare in the playoffs

Quasimoto
08-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Did I Really Just See "Beasley Will Come Off The Bench." ?...

Nah, I Didn't See That...

IS27NY
08-19-2008, 03:27 PM
Zoooooooooooooo

#1Mavericksfan
08-19-2008, 03:39 PM
Maybe they should go after Jamal Magloire...I know he isn't what he used to be but atleast that gives them a true center.

ShaunRiching9
08-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Trade marion is probably the best option

Storch
08-19-2008, 04:05 PM
blount is an all star! he's getting paid SO much money cuz he's so good. He would definitely start... [ sarcasitcally ]

does the heat still have the mle? they can pick up mutombo as the starting defensive center. it would work in my eyes.

chalmers
wade
marion
beasley
mutombo

Storch
08-19-2008, 04:09 PM

:laugh: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh2:

i luv how u bagged on him just cuz his name is celtics. if this wasnt so long id make it a quote in my signature. nice one man

:clap:

SeoulBeatz
08-19-2008, 04:25 PM

lmao

_Sn1P3r_
08-19-2008, 08:35 PM
A run and gun team will be a bad idea. As someone said before, offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.

MiamiHeat
08-19-2008, 08:39 PM
What kind of question is that? our 2008-2009 MVP Mark Blount will start as C
but in all seriousness Haslem for C wouldn't be the best idea but
the Heat will do what they gotta do

King Koopa
08-19-2008, 08:40 PM
ur cool.....miami fan sayin he is king koopa which is from houston lol dont b mad cuz all ur teams suck
wow this i coming from the guy that just jumped on to the Boston Wagon ever since they started winning....... ANd since when do you need to be from a certain place to like certain things?????:crazy:

Storch
08-19-2008, 08:48 PM
wow this i coming from the guy that just jumped on to the Boston Wagon ever since they started winning....... ANd since when do you need to be from a certain place to like certain things?????:crazy:

nice comeback koopa, stick it where it hurts! im lovin this thread btw :laugh:

HiphopRelated
08-19-2008, 08:58 PM
A run and gun team will be a bad idea. As someone said before, offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.
It's how they make they playoffs this year

can't play halfcourt with Blount/Haslem in the middle

infamous
08-19-2008, 09:12 PM
They should trade marion for shaq:D

dre1990
08-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Haslem is too short fo center

shift005
08-20-2008, 01:01 AM
here are the list of centers or player that spell that position with their height:

heat - mark blount 7 - 0
bucks - andrew bogut 7-0
pistons - kwami brown - 6-11
knicks - eddy curry - 6-11
76ers - samuel dalembert 6-11
atlanta - al horford - 6-10
washinton - brendan haywood - 7-0
orlando - dwight howard - 6-11
cavs - ilgauskas - 7-3
heat - alonzo mourning - 6-10
Bulls - joakim noah - 6-11
toronto - jermain o'neal - 6-11
cavs - anderson varejao - 6-10
cavs - ben wallace - 6-9
nets - sean williams -6-10
lakers - andrew bynum - 7-0
warriors - andris biedrins - 6-11
clippers - marcus camby - 6-11
hornets - tyson chandler - 7-1
mavs - erick dampier - 6-11
minnesota - al jefferson - 6-10
clips - chris kaman - 7-0
rockets - yao ming - 7-6
jazz - mehmet okur - 6-11
suns - amare stoudemire - 6-10

Udonis Haslem - 6-8

NOW, love the idea of haslem playin in a run and gun system but it's obviously
a temporary solution. he is to small to play some of the centers in the league. the heat could get away with it on many teams but those 7'0s they're either gonna have to play blount or find a C! :injury:

AllTheWay
08-20-2008, 01:04 AM
They could always bring back Earl Barron

CELTICS4LYFE
08-20-2008, 10:32 AM

cuz that hurt right??? lol

ummm actually i been a fan since they were winning as many games as ur heat!!! lol but its all good....u can have ur lil kid fun wit ur posts....what r u 16 17???