PDA

View Full Version : Magic wouldn't trade Nick Collison for Tony.

*Superman*
08-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Saw this Hoopsworld article that said the Magic were in rumors with OKC that would bring Nick Collison to Orlando for Tony. I remember most of us talking about this, either Collison or Wilcox. He said the Magic sources said that they had no plans on moving Tony.....Otis:rolleyes: What do you guys think. Personally, I would pull the trigger, I love Tony, but Collison averages 10 and 10 in about 30 minutes. He would go good with Dwight.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9795

Also it said that it is hard for the Magic to get a 1st for JJ. Not really surpried, but this has me thinking if we should pull the trigger for JJ and a 1st for Critt.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3715 Collison Stats

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3176 Tony Stats

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=45~1978&teams=25~19&te=&cash= Trade(numbers make sense)

Chris36Chambers
08-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Man we really need to make that trade...i'm fine w/ folye being Dwight main back-up, but Nick is a natural PF & battie is really Center playing out of position & he gets chewed up by athletic 4's like wallace & bosh

Reezy
08-19-2008, 05:29 PM
I'd do it just because Collison has the best years ahead of him, while Tony Battie has already peaked.

The Melky Way
08-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I just want to bring up once again that this is why I hate Otis Smith, which can be viewed by others that are unaware of this hatred in the numerous threads in the Magic forum :D

Otis Smith is an idiot for not pulling the trigger last year to bring in Wilcox and now on Collison. Dwight needs help and if Battie goes down again, Dwight is screwed once again to carry the team on his back because Lewis doesn't seem to want it and Hedo will most likely drop off in production.

Otis is going to regret not making these moves when we are getting knocked out of the playoffs again because we are getting dominated down low.

atomik102
08-20-2008, 01:56 AM
Man we really need to make that trade...i'm fine w/ folye being Dwight main back-up, but Nick is a natural PF & battie is really Center playing out of position & he gets chewed up by athletic 4's like wallace & bosh

with battie he can play center for all i care and have dwight can play pf/c, theres your answer:clap:

atomik102
08-20-2008, 02:01 AM
I just want to bring up once again that this is why I hate Otis Smith, which can be viewed by others that are unaware of this hatred in the numerous threads in the Magic forum :D

Otis Smith is an idiot for not pulling the trigger last year to bring in Wilcox and now on Collison. Dwight needs help and if Battie goes down again, Dwight is screwed once again to carry the team on his back because Lewis doesn't seem to want it and Hedo will most likely drop off in production.

Otis is going to regret not making these moves when we are getting knocked out of the playoffs again because we are getting dominated down low.

Kinda had to carry a team playing out of ur natural post. and when the franchise player says i wanna carry the team and also being one the team for his first year i say he has helped us alot, granted hedo wont have hte same numbers unless somebody gets hurt, so i see a battle of 6th man awards between hedo and manu

atomik102
08-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Where we got hurt last year in the playoffs vs det was defense and rebounds, something that Battie brings plus leadership collins isnt gonna calm howard down when he pissed

Reezy
08-20-2008, 11:20 AM
It's good that Battie has experience, but so do Turkoglu and Lewis.

atomik102
08-20-2008, 04:10 PM
would u want collinson experience or batties in the playoffs in the last mins in a do or die game?

*Superman*
08-20-2008, 04:13 PM
I haven't seen Collison play, but you can't argue with double the rebounds, more points, better Free-throw%, better FG%, and an overall younger age.

I hate how Otis gets so attached to players and won't let them go to get better. One of his biggest flaws as a GM.

*Superman*
08-20-2008, 04:14 PM
would u want collinson experience or batties in the playoffs in the last mins in a do or die game?

He is 27, I am sure he knows what he is doing. Like Reezy said, we got Turk and Rashard to be the leaders.

*Superman*
08-20-2008, 04:38 PM

Join the club:hi5:

atomik102
08-21-2008, 11:50 PM
I haven't seen Collison play, but you can't argue with double the rebounds, more points, better Free-throw%, better FG%, and an overall younger age.

I hate how Otis gets so attached to players and won't let them go to get better. One of his biggest flaws as a GM.

so you think collison is gonna avg the same numbers playing with howard?

*Superman*
08-22-2008, 12:16 AM
He could, when teams double Howard, he can pass to Nick, who is a better offensive player. Plus Tony will be coming off and injury, is already 32 and it will be hard for him to get back. Why not get something good for him now?

rapjuicer06
08-22-2008, 01:43 AM
collison would put up better numbers with the magic because of howard. how many people does he have on him? 3? 4? who would that leave open under the hoop? yea, collison, he's a good free throw shooter, he's a good offensive presence, and hes a good rebounder...battie is 5 years older and is coming off an injury. i'd take the better player and the younger player over someone who can calm dwight down? yea...ok...

MagicMan92
08-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Just another stupid decision by otis smith. Collison>Battie. plain and simple.

_Sn1P3r_
08-25-2008, 09:57 PM
Otis should've pulled the trigger on that. I'd take Collison anyday over Battie.

Reezy
08-26-2008, 12:30 AM
It just doesn't make any sense. All of us know what to do, why doesn't Otis?

*Superman*
08-26-2008, 05:49 PM
^Seriously, but i don't think Otis would be THAT stupid not to make this trade. Remember it is just a rumor.

BTW i think atomik is Otis Smith.LOL

Reezy
08-27-2008, 12:09 AM
lol, off topic but...

Knicks fans were actually criticizing our team in the Grizzlies forum. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

KNICKS FANS

*Superman*
08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Haha, i had to check that out.

Knicks fans:pity: