PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the Kings will do this year?

Beno7500
08-18-2008, 09:12 PM
What do all of you PSDers out there think of the Kings this year? (POST ACTUAL NUMBERS OF WHAT YOU THINK)

Wins?
Losses?
Playoffs?
Place in West?
Any All Stars?
6th Man of year?
Home Record?
Road Record?

Tell me what you think of the 2008-2009 Kings.

(As of right now)

PG) Udrih/Jackson/Brown
SG) Martin/Douby
SF) Salmons/Garcia/Greene
PF) Moore/Thompson/Williams
C) Miller/Hawes

(Shareef and Kenny Thomas will not play next season)

bostncelts34
08-18-2008, 09:17 PM
decent team. but def. not making the playoffs. id say 11th seed or worse.

Kyben36
08-18-2008, 09:21 PM
With The First Pick of the 2009 NBA draft, The Sac Kings Select?????????

Beno7500
08-18-2008, 09:23 PM

We select Brandon Jennings or Ricky Rubio.

superkegger
08-18-2008, 09:25 PM

I heard Rubio is going to hold out till the 2010 draft...but that aside, I think the Kings will be a decent team. They've got some good young solid pieces. But they're just not going to be a contender in the West, they're on their way, but just not yet.

POZUNO
08-18-2008, 09:33 PM
You guys would be better off with Brandon Jennings. Good luck.

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-18-2008, 09:33 PM
I think they will be 10th spot in the west but with a solid record. I like how Theus has them playing. If they dont have so many injuries, maybe they move up to 9th

King Koopa
08-18-2008, 09:43 PM

i would pick that griffien guy.

Vinny642
08-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Decent... trade miller and pick up a free agent next year then watch out

NYMetros
08-18-2008, 10:01 PM
Definitely not the playoffs. I'll say they finish somewhere around the 11th or 10th seed.

Not terrible, but not great.

BRADfromOZ
08-18-2008, 10:17 PM
Wins 43
Losses 38
Playoffs No
Place in West 11th
Any All Stars Martin
6th Man of year Garcia
Home Record 25
Road Record 18

PG Udrih/Jackson/Brown
SG Martin/Douby
SF Salmons/Garcia
PF Greene/Thompson/Williams
C Miller/Moore/Hawes

Thats my two cents.

Jayg1712
08-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Their below par.

Beno7500
08-18-2008, 10:49 PM
Wins 43
Losses 38
Playoffs No
Place in West 11th
Any All Stars Martin
6th Man of year Garcia
Home Record 25
Road Record 18

PG Udrih/Jackson/Brown
SG Martin/Douby
SF Salmons/Garcia
C Miller/Moore/Hawes

Thats my two cents.

You like SAC?

Thats high ratings for them. i like it though. :D

Beno7500
08-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I think kings can get 40 wins next year and put them 9th or 10th

SAVAGE CLAW
08-18-2008, 11:44 PM
They wont miss the playoffs but they neither will suck enough to get a top five pick ( Barring a third straight matemathical "disaster" after Blazers and Bulls).

They need a Better Pg and go younger in the Frountocourt.

They have a Classy Name and have had some Classy Uniforms, i remember Tisdale as a great player, so i hope they get well Soon.

SeoulBeatz
08-18-2008, 11:50 PM
i like the kings, but their team is probably the 2nd to worst in the west, which isnt a bad thing, theyll get a good pick and get blake griffin, with griffin, they should move up in 2-4 years no doubt.

kevin martin is a stud, but the rest of the team... ehhh, needs to prove themselves

SAVAGE CLAW
08-18-2008, 11:55 PM
They are better than Grizzlies, Okc and Minnessotta and could even end up with better record than Warriors ( too many players out of position).

still1ballin
08-19-2008, 12:00 AM
with the western conference being so tough i see them as a lottery team

bball1217
08-19-2008, 12:16 AM
They need to concentrate on getting Jason Thompson, Donte Greene and Spencer Hawes some really good minutes.

After about a quarter of the season, I see Brad Miller being traded for some one younger or an expiring contract and a draft pick or two.

Here is an example of a Miller trade that could work:
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=556~1711~3028&teams=4~23~23&te=&cash=

Then you have a young, talented lineup to develop for a couple years:
Udrih/Jackson
Martin/Garcia
Greene/Salmons/Sefolosha
Thompson/Gooden
Hawes/Williams/Moore
IR1: Thomas
IR2: Douby
IR3: Brown

Hopefully they land a high pick, and draft a good PG, then you have a very good young lineup with Kevin Martin as your franchise player. (I am assuming Abdur-Rahim retires)

MiamiHeatWade33
08-19-2008, 12:37 AM
The Kings could be similiar to last season 38-44 I guess there gonna be atlast 35-47 they atleast stilll got a long way to go with there bright young stars.

ai.forever.3
08-19-2008, 12:40 AM
as long as SAC builds around kevin martin,
they should be a real good team in a few years,
i think martin will be in the top 5 or even 3 for PPG next season
as long as he stays healthy.

BRADfromOZ
08-19-2008, 12:57 AM
You like SAC?

Thats high ratings for them. i like it though. :D
I don't dislike them. Last year they got the rough end of the injury stick with having Atrest and Martin out at the same time(if i remember correctly). They had the potential to have done better and if they can keep injuries at bay i can only see them improving. Also Salmons and Garcia played well when they both were starting.

UNETOWNBAYAREA
08-19-2008, 01:12 AM
Wins 43
Losses 38
Playoffs No
Place in West 11th
Any All Stars Martin
6th Man of year Garcia
Home Record 25
Road Record 18

PG Udrih/Jackson/Brown
SG Martin/Douby
SF Salmons/Garcia
C Miller/Moore/Hawes

Thats my two cents.

wow...
Seems like u got alot of love for Sac after they gave u guys Artest...

IMO, looks like ur a bit overrated on sac

After losing Artest.. Cant see them even close to .500
I say 35 wins at the most...

IversonIsKrazy
08-19-2008, 01:19 AM
12th seed

Nets fan 93
08-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Wins:30
Losses:52
Playoffs :no:
Place in West :shrug:
Any All Stars:nod:
6th Man of year :no:
Home Record:shrug:
Road Record :shrug:

Beno7500
08-19-2008, 01:26 AM
They wont miss the playoffs but they neither will suck enough to get a top five pick ( Barring a third straight matemathical "disaster" after Blazers and Bulls).

They need a Better Pg and go younger in the Frountocourt.

They have a Classy Name and have had some Classy Uniforms, i remember Tisdale as a great player, so i hope they get well Soon.

Younger Front Court?

This will be our frontcourt:

Hawes - 20 yrs old
Thompson - 22 yrs old
Greene - 19 yrs old

Kings Faithful
08-19-2008, 01:27 AM
I posted this in the Kings Forum version of this thread, so I'll post it here.

I think we'll win close to if not more games than last year....Here's why. I'll think we will be more consistent with Artest gone. If we can stay healthy this will be like the 1st year in a long time where we haven't lost one of our essential players to Injury/ Extended Suspension. And without Artest around to steal the spotlight, our team will finally have the time to grow instead of adjusting half way through the season for an incoming player and screwing up chemistry. The addition of Thompson also helps one of our biggest needs which is rebounding. And all this said, if we can solve our biggest problem which is turnovers we will easily win more games than last year, and again i think that has to do with our chemistry.

sfgip10
08-19-2008, 01:27 AM
wow...

Artest was hoding us back, we couldve won 2 maybe 3 more games without him ballhogging all the time. Salmons and Cisco played well when Artest was gone. I say 40 games won , Kmart misses the All Stars and a decent lottery pick.

Beno7500
08-19-2008, 01:28 AM
Wins:30
Losses:52
Playoffs :no:
Place in West :shrug:
Any All Stars:nod:
6th Man of year :no:
Home Record:shrug:
Road Record :shrug:

Oh thanks...

Kings Faithful
08-19-2008, 01:31 AM
wow...

Losing Artest is alot less of a blow than people realize...we didn't have him for about 1/4 of the season, as well as not having martin for another 1/4 of the season. When Artest was gone Salmons averaged around 18 ppg....with Artest Salmons only averaged around 7 ppg...so look out for Salmons to have a BREAKOUT season. And we also added Thompson and Bobby Jackson...we were basically without a backup pointguard all last season. So all in all we gained in rebounding, efficiency, and chemistry, probably lost a tiny bit offensively but only in the low post and lost some defence. But losing Artest is going to be VERY beneficial for us in the long run.

BigEric
08-19-2008, 01:40 AM
I say we will be a good team, but the problem is that most of the teams in the west are GREAT. I don't think we are worse than GS, OKC, MIN, MEM, and it is even argueable about the Clippers aren't better. They certainly have better proven players, but the chemistry isn'y guaranteed. The Kings are a good team, but the west is TOO good.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Yes Abdur Rahim, Kenny thomas and Brad Miller are old cats arent They?.

Beno7500
08-19-2008, 01:43 AM
Yes Abdur Rahim, Kenny thomas and Brad Miller are old cats arent They?.

Yes, but B Miller is the ONLY ONE of those three that played last season.

Kenny Thomas may have played a combined 13 minutes.

dre1990
08-19-2008, 01:44 AM
i say bout 39 wins which is a decent team in the west

BRADfromOZ
08-19-2008, 01:45 AM
When i say "6th Man of year Garcia" i mean for SAC not the entire NBA(again that will be Manu).

LA_cabals
08-19-2008, 02:36 AM
As far as K Martin takes them...

Hellcrooner
08-19-2008, 03:12 AM
Udrih -A decent Bench player at best

Jackson-Nothing Spetial.

Brown-Who?

Martin-Good player, not excellent but good

Douby-Unproven.

Salmons ROle Player

Garcia ROle Player

Greene - Well the jury is still out.
Moore- Contract year Wonder...

Thompson-Undevelioed

Williams - I Like him

Miller-Wornt Out

/Hawes- Has to develop.

Basically a core of role players and some undeveloped talent, not promising....

Lakersfan2483
08-19-2008, 03:51 AM

That was funny, I agree, the Kings are lottery bound. I predict 32 wins for the season unless they make a major trade.

DerekRE_3
08-19-2008, 04:01 AM
Udrih -A decent Bench player at best

Jackson-Nothing Spetial.

Brown-Who?

Martin-Good player, not excellent but good

Douby-Unproven.

Salmons ROle Player

Garcia ROle Player

Greene - Well the jury is still out.
Moore- Contract year Wonder...

Thompson-Undevelioed

Williams - I Like him

Miller-Wornt Out

/Hawes- Has to develop.

Basically a core of role players and some undeveloped talent, not promising....

John Salmons averaged 18 ppg when he started for us last season (He started 41 games). I'd say he is more than just a role player.

Beno when he started averaged 14 ppg and 5-6 assists a game and he's still only 25 years old. It was his first year getting significant minutes. He is more than just a decent bench player. He proved that last year.

For being "worn out" Brad Miller posted better numbers last year than he has the last two. 14 ppg, 10 rebounds, and 4 assists. Not bad for a worn out guy.

I will agree with you about Mikki Moore, he is a 1 year contract wonder. I was against that signing from the beginning.

What I find funny is the only guy you said you liked (Sheldon Williams) isn't that good and you underrated everyone else on the team.

And Kevin Martin is better than good. Averaging 24 ppg on 15 shots and being 6th in the league in scoring is better than good.

KingsMadness44
08-19-2008, 04:06 AM
to be honest i want my kings to win but i also dont want a high lotto pick becuz i know were not gunna make the playoffs sooo i want a good player in the draft

Kings Faithful
08-19-2008, 04:19 AM
John Salmons averaged 18 ppg when he started for us last season (He started 41 games). I'd say he is more than just a role player.

Beno when he started averaged 14 ppg and 5-6 assists a game and he's still only 25 years old. It was his first year getting significant minutes. He is more than just a decent bench player. He proved that last year.

For being "worn out" Brad Miller posted better numbers last year than he has the last two. 14 ppg, 10 rebounds, and 4 assists. Not bad for a worn out guy.

I will agree with you about Mikki Moore, he is a 1 year contract wonder. I was against that signing from the beginning.

What I find funny is the only guy you said you liked (Sheldon Williams) isn't that good and you underrated everyone else on the team.

And Kevin Martin is better than good. Averaging 24 ppg on 15 shots and being 6th in the league in scoring is better than good.

Ahhh, you beat me to it.. haha. I was basically going to say the same thing. I'm going to add on that Beno's numbers are better than Fishers...and im sure everyone considers Fisher to be more than just a "decent backup". And about Miller being worn out, he came off arguably the best season of his career and at least the 2nd best....thats worn out?

Tom81
08-19-2008, 05:09 AM
Decent Team

Beno7500
08-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Derek and KingsFaithful, you are right.

RapsFan4Life
08-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Kings >> miss the playoffs win 32 games
overall 11th seed
kevin is going to get injured, kobe is gunna break his nose

KnicksorBust
08-19-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm curious why you guys want Jennings or Rubio if you like Beno so much?

LakerzDQ
08-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Sac is a decent team, not playoffs though.

should try to build around Kevin Martin. maybe try to land a top pick.

Hellcrooner
08-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Well in fact Fisher is ..... a decent back up, you can check it if you like in teh lakes forum, while verybody was asking for Odom to be traded for a n impact SF i have ALWAYS stated that we should send Farmar + Odom for a good over average POINT GUARD and leave Dereck out from the Bench, he was our Weakest link against Boston, dont know why no one noticed.

Beno7500
08-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Well who else will we pick in the 09 draft? I don't know who else is in there.

cmellofan15
08-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Decent team, they can pull it together with Artest gone. I just don't see Beno and K-Mart leading this team. They could use a veteran IMO

Beno7500
08-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Decent team, they can pull it together with Artest gone. I just don't see Beno and K-Mart leading this team. They could use a veteran IMO

Bobby Jackson, Mikki Moore, Brad Miller