PDA

View Full Version : Something I just heard

sager729
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
I am sitting here watching Monday Night Countdown and Mort said that there is a chance that the Dolphins may cut Ronnie Brown before the season starts. I know I thought it sounded crazy too, but if he were to get cut and the Bears didn't do everything they could to sign him I would be so pissed. He was the back I wanted when we drafted Benson. So what does everyone think about this? I don't know that it is going to happen but that is what Mort said.

cambovenzi
08-18-2008, 08:00 PM
they would cut him?
are they insane?
gotta be just rumors unless they've completely lost it.

benson was supposed to be our smashmouth, up the middle, power back. =/
doesnt work well when the line stinks. so hopefully we're better off w/ forte.

i cant see us making a move for ronnie.
probably would cost alot to sign.

mwoodri
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Ronnie Brown can't play left guard or tackle

sager729
08-18-2008, 08:09 PM
I know I thought the exact same thing when I heard Chris Mortenson say it. I was like Parcells is losing his mind. But I would love to see Ronnie in a Bears uni.

freaknasty23
08-18-2008, 08:12 PM
yes i would love to have 5 RB's on the roster. maybe chicago could be pioneers in the 5 RB set in games so they could score more.....

ChiCubs54
08-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Well, that's surprising.

Tankjeep
08-18-2008, 10:37 PM
yes i would love to have 5 RB's on the roster. maybe chicago could be pioneers in the 5 RB set in games so they could score more.....

lol, they'd need them to block during their blitz package.

Soop
08-19-2008, 12:08 AM
It does look like Ricky is doing better than Ronnie. I told some of you that Ricky looks like a beast and was going to take over the starting position during the season. I don't know why they'd get rid of Brown though, they should keep him and have him share carries w/ Williams. Alot of speculation going around btw.

Tkais9009
08-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Ronnie brown would be sweet

DamnGoat
08-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Unless Parcells is senile, then I can't see any reason why the Dolphins would cut a Franchise RB.

That's just stupid as hell, even if he's an injury risk. He's a risk worth taking.

The General
08-19-2008, 12:50 AM
It does look like Ricky is doing better than Ronnie. I told some of you that Ricky looks like a beast and was going to take over the starting position during the season. I don't know why they'd get rid of Brown though, they should keep him and have him share carries w/ Williams. Alot of speculation going around btw.

at what? tokin from a bong. :smoking: What in Ricky Williams career would make you think that he will even finish this season in the NFL. If Im the Fins, I'm keepin as many RBs around as I can.

Soop
08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
at what? tokin from a bong. :smoking: What in Ricky Williams career would make you think that he will even finish this season in the NFL.

"Ricky Williams looked every bit the best player on the field the last time the Dolphins were together for one of their offseason practices. He ran with authority, he showed quickness, and he never let himself shift out of top gear, even in drills that didn't mean much. Williams, with cartoon superhero muscles bulging out of his jersey sleeves, caught the eyes of anyone paying attention. No wonder he was the only player Dolphins football czar Bill Parcells congratulated with a fist bump as he was coming to the sideline after one workout."

Miami Herald

hockeyplaya97
08-19-2008, 11:57 AM
Williams was one of the best when his heart was in the game. The question now is can he keep motivated for the enitre season...

Muttman73
08-19-2008, 12:05 PM
I'd at least take a look at him, can he be signed/stashed on IR pending the
Kevin Jones outcome?

Soop
08-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Williams was one of the best when his heart was in the game. The question now is can he keep motivated for the enitre season...

I got him on my fantasy team, wow looks like I got a steal. I think he has a chance to be win Comeback player of the year award (other honorable mentions to Mike Brown and Frank Gore).

Bulldog76
08-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Unless Parcells is senile, then I can't see any reason why the Dolphins would cut a Franchise RB.

That's just stupid as hell, even if he's an injury risk. He's a risk worth taking.

Who is the franchise RB ??

He hasn't put up that great of numbers...and his oline is way better in Miami than we have in Chicago...

IF you think he would even consider Chicago, you are crazy...We have a rookie RB that is starting for us, which isn't a welcoming notion to a veteran RB...

St. Louis needs a RB if S. Jackson continues to hold out, Houston could use an upgrade at the position, Detroit could use a veteran back...but I agree with the board, unless a left tackle or guard gets cut, I'm not looking...

Parcells is the king of the 2 back system, I would be shocked if he made a move on Ronnie...

Soop
08-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Who is the franchise RB ??

He hasn't put up that great of numbers...and his oline is way better in Miami than we have in Chicago...

IF you think he would even consider Chicago, you are crazy...We have a rookie RB that is starting for us, which isn't a welcoming notion to a veteran RB...

He was drafted to be the feature back along side of Ricky Williams.

In 2006 Ronnie Brown finished with 1,008 rushing yards, 276 receiving yards, five touchdowns and a SOLID 4.2 average.

During Week 7 in 2007 Ronnie Brown injured his knee making a tackle during an interception return and was lost for the season. At the time of his injury he was leading the league in yards from scrimmage and was on pace for over 2,200 total yards on the season.

P.S. I think you misunderstood DamnGoat.

Soop
08-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Coach Tony Sparano said Tuesday there's "no chance" the Dolphins will trade Ronnie Brown.

"There was no discussion of that internally or externally," said Sparano, who said the rumor wasn't a tough one to dispel. "That is easy," he said. "I wish they were all like that." The rumor didn't really make sense when Miami's whole offense is based around the running game. Ronnie remains a risky mid-round pick, but this should calm things down.

rotoworld.com

BEARS+BULLS=:)
08-20-2008, 04:15 PM
craziest thing ive ever heard even if they did want to get rid of him they could easily get something good in return for him. To bad we signed Jones otherwise if possible id say get him hes a great RB IMO.