PDA

View Full Version : Can any team in the East Contend with Boston?

BoSox47
08-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Detroit is getting old. Orlando is still a couple years away

Maybe the Cavs now they have Mo Williams

But the Celtics won the championship with a team that played together for the first time last year. So now they know eahc others playstyles that much more and are better together. Rondo is looking more and more expierenced and now in his third year he is expected to take his game to the next level.

marlinsfan24
08-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Boston will be like Miami, one and done.

Knicks845
08-18-2008, 05:56 PM

Doubt it?!

lakers4sho
08-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Detroit is getting old. Orlando is still a couple years away

Maybe the Cavs now they have Mo Williams

But the Celtics won the championship with a team that played together for the first time last year. So now they know eahc others playstyles that much more and are better together. Rondo is looking more and more expierenced and now in his third year he is expected to take his game to the next level.

You can make the same argument about Boston. Detroit has much deeper bench, so I wouldn't count them out just yet.

JordansBulls
08-18-2008, 05:59 PM
If Boston gets HC Advantage it will be hard for anyone to beat them unless that other team is good on defense.

rapswin98
08-18-2008, 06:06 PM
i think orlando can contend or detroit

lakers4sho
08-18-2008, 06:09 PM
If Boston gets HC Advantage it will be hard for anyone to beat them unless that other team is good on defense.

Detroit had a pretty good shot, only if Billups wasn't injured and only if Wallace didn't disappear.

dannyking18
08-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Hellooo ?....did You Guys Forget About The New (philly, 76ers)?....."

A.iguadola
E.brand
A.miller
S.dalembert
T.young
...??????????? This Is Gonna Be The 2nd Best Team Or Maybe Even The Best In The East.!!!
Boston Wont Be Able To Compete With 76ers...philly Has A Bigger Front Line-up...and A More Athletic Team (iguadola)..

1.76ers
2.celtics
3.cavs
4.wizards
5.detroit....

King Koopa
08-18-2008, 06:15 PM

A.iguadola
E.brand
A.miller
S.dalembert
T.young
...??????????? This Is Gonna Be The 2nd Best Team Or Maybe Even The Best In The East.!!!
Boston Wont Be Able To Compete With 76ers...philly Has A Bigger Front Line-up...and A More Athletic Team (iguadola)..

1.76ers
2.celtics
3.cavs
4.wizards
5.detroit....

Dont worry that your not trying to be the Biggest Homer in PSD, and how are you planning to stop, Kg and Paul.......... Your bench sucks anyways. you only have one good Pg off the bench.

Afridi786
08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Homer.

King Koopa
08-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Yeah but there not going to fall out as fast as we did, even if allen falls out(which hes not) they still have KG and Paul which is pretty good. And a decent bench. i see them trying to win another championship for the next 2-3 years. But really dont think there going to we another one, since they dont have the fire they did this year.( that everyone wanted to win it.)

BRADfromOZ
08-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Washington if they can stay healthy. Cleveland if Mo gels well with the team. Philly if they can play as a team and not a collection of star players.

MiamiHeat
08-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Boston are done, they will be a 1-2 seed team in the East for 2 more years but not win another title

Wade3
08-18-2008, 07:17 PM
Detroit and Cleveland can contend. And in a few years Miami

B-Easy23
08-18-2008, 07:37 PM
hate to say it but detroit has always been up there so yea, also the orlando magic can compete too.

Beno7500
08-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Apparentley, Cavs and Atlanta could contend with Boston.

GspLAL
08-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Cavs almost beat them last year, they're so underrated. I personally think Cavs are going to the finals this year.

pistons1987
08-18-2008, 07:54 PM
detroit shoulda won game 3 and it would have been a different story. Honestly detroit, and cleveland have the best shot. You also have to think about the fact that kevin garnett and company are content with reaching the top of the mountain. and we all know that the only way if down for them. People gonna hate it when its boston and detroit again but they are still the two best teams with detroit having more depth since posey left the c's.

LakerzDQ
08-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Cavs almost beat them last year, they're so underrated. I personally think Cavs are going to the finals this year.

Cavs have a chance against Celtics, but Celtics will probably win in the end.

Pistons, Magic, Sixers have a better chance against Celtics.

B-Easy23
08-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I dont really think cavs have the right tools yet to compete with boston, they can have a run at it but I doubt a win, Detroit and Orlando

Skins4Life
08-18-2008, 08:05 PM
Detroit and Cleveland can contend. And in a few years Miami

No one said in a few years...they said next year...
I hate to say it, but i think the cavs can take over, because they actaully have a pg that can shoot...

Skins4Life
08-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Apparentley, Cavs and Atlanta could contend with Boston.

lol

Master P
08-18-2008, 08:38 PM
the hawks have a good starting lineup, which should lead them into the playoffs. however, they dont have the depth / experience needed to contend for the top.

id have to think boston will still have what it takes to win the conference. detroit is still the same team that has won over 50 games each of the last five years. i do think the pistons will slide a bit, but boston will have to slip a lot to fall below them.

ive said it several times before and ill keep saying it: the cavs are not an elite team in the east. lebron gives them a shot in the playoffs because of his ability to take over games; however, besides lebron they are just bad and old. people think mo williams is the answer?? how many games did the bucks win over the past two years???? mike james averaged 20 pts in toronto when the raptors sucked...

the three other teams that have a shot are orlando, philly, and toronto. of those three orlando has the best player so id say they have the best shot. then trying to guess whether philly is better than toronto is impossible. they are so close on paper so they will just have to play the games.

carruthers32
08-18-2008, 08:51 PM

A.iguadola
E.brand
A.miller
S.dalembert
T.young

1.76ers
2.celtics
3.cavs
4.wizards
5.detroit....

If anything I would say Raptors over the 76ers!
Calderon vs. Miller = Calderon
Parker vs. Igouldala = Igouldala
Moon vs. Young = Tie (both are pretty even as of now)
Bosh vs. Brand = Bosh
O'Neal vs. Dalembert = O'Neal
Bargnani vs. L. Williams (6th man) = Bargnani
Kapono vs. Green = Kapono

Sorry man, our team is alot more talented than yours. But to answer the question, I think Pistons, Magic, Cavs, Raptors and 76ers will all contend with Boston, but won't beat them.

Kyben36
08-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Cleaveland.

They will probably end up trading Walace for Zack R. when Lebron starts to say " I Need More Help "

Mo Williams
Wally
Bron
Z Bo
Z

superkegger
08-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Boston is a good team no doubt. They won't be one and done. They might not win another championship, but they're not going away like Miami did. But they way they won, doesn't convince me that they're won't be other teams like detroit, cleveland, orlando, philly, and toronto won't give them a run for their money.

op12
08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
contend yes. beat in 7, no.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Sixers.

23LBJCleBrowns
08-18-2008, 11:03 PM
CAvs for sure only cuz of lebron and MO

Ph1lly Diehard
08-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Dont worry that your not trying to be the Biggest Homer in PSD, and how are you planning to stop, Kg and Paul.......... Your bench sucks anyways. you only have one good Pg off the bench.

Hmm..

Are you joking?

You either:

A: Don't follow basketball
B: Don't know **** about the 76ers

Our bench is good..

How can you say a bench of:

Lou Williams (Great shooter/good PG)
Reggie Evans (Started for us last year, rebounding machine/energy guy)
Willie Green (Started for us last year, can score, shoot)
Kareem Rush (Good shooter, very good bench player)
Royal Ivey (Solid bench player, he's not bad)
Maresse Speights (Rookie, shouldn't get to much playing time, but he could put up 5/5 which isn't bad..)
Other spots are unsure of, but it doesn't really matter after that.

So potentially, 2 starters from last season, Lou Williams who should have started last season, Kareem Rush a good 6th man, but won't be for us, we added Ivey.

We have a very solid bench, and probably one of our stronger points on our team..

I'm not saying were going to contend against Boston, but ya, once playoffs come it doesn't really matter.. ANYTHING can happen..

Cubs Win
08-18-2008, 11:19 PM
I'd go with Cleveland because of LeBron and he can put up a massive series and take out almost any team. And yes, the Pistons are getting older, but until they show a drop off you can't count them out. The Sixers could, but I don't know if they'll gel enough to get it done this year. But in 2-3 years, definetely. I could see the Celtics take out every other Eastern Conference team in 5 games or less, with much less difficulty.

Goon.Weezy
08-18-2008, 11:21 PM

A.iguadola
E.brand
A.miller
S.dalembert
T.young

1.76ers
2.celtics
3.cavs
4.wizards
5.detroit....

HAHAHAH ur jokin right..philly 1st or 2nd....wht u smokin.....

BriereIsDaBest
08-18-2008, 11:27 PM

Atleast we have a starting PG. ;)

Jay22Redd
08-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Orlando, Detroit and Cleveland

Sixerlover
08-19-2008, 12:29 AM

:o

Not saying Boston + Philly are 1A and 1B, but this post tickled me a little bit. How many good PG's are you supposed to have off the bench? 6?

Ph1lly Diehard
08-19-2008, 12:44 AM
:o

Not saying Boston + Philly are 1A and 1B, but this post tickled me a little bit. How many good PG's are you supposed to have off the bench? 6?

Ya, I really shouldn't have commented on it, because it was a horrible post anyhow.

Obviousally if he doesn't see the 76ers with a good bench he doesn't know basketball, considering 2 of our starters from last year and we picked up 2 good bench players doesn't equal a good bench?

And ya, we have a good backup pointguard in Lou Will so I don't really know why he said only 1

Shieldsz
08-19-2008, 12:47 AM
CAvs for sure only cuz of lebron and MO

:pity:

Cavs have Lebron, Mo is a decent PG.. but they def. can not contend with Boston

Shieldsz
08-19-2008, 12:50 AM
If anything I would say Raptors over the 76ers!
Calderon vs. Miller = Calderon
Parker vs. Igouldala = Igouldala
Moon vs. Young = Tie (both are pretty even as of now)
Bosh vs. Brand = Bosh
O'Neal vs. Dalembert = O'Neal
Bargnani vs. L. Williams (6th man) = Bargnani
Kapono vs. Green = Kapono

Sorry man, our team is alot more talented than yours. But to answer the question, I think Pistons, Magic, Cavs, Raptors and 76ers will all contend with Boston, but won't beat them.

Calderon is not better until he proves otherwise.. he hasnt even started the season yet so you cant say that. Thad is better than Moon. Bosh is indeed better than brand... O'Neil hasn't had a strong season in forever.. very quiestionable.

Not saying Sixers are better, just dpeends on injuries and things of that nature... O'Neil is very injury prone and that can break their season

marella1229
08-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Yea..76'ers will very good and played Boston well last year. Adding Elton Brand won't hurt them in any way. I think Sixers will be top 3 in East this season.

qwestion13
08-19-2008, 01:01 AM
The East is shaping up to be pretty competitive this year. I think that Philly, Detroit, Boston, Orlando, and Toronto (in no particular order) will all be competing for a top spot in the East.

Phitin' Phan
08-19-2008, 01:14 AM

Uh. Reggie Evens.

magichatnumber9
08-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Boston is not going to go on a run like last year. Miami, Cavs, Philly, Detroit. I don't see the Celtics doing anything now that the hunger is gone. They might say they are, but I doubt it.

SeoulBeatz
08-19-2008, 01:23 AM
i think detroit, cleveland, philadelphia, orlando, toronto, hawks (took them to 7 games remember?), Washington, Miami, and Milwaukee can ALL COMPETE with boston.

would they win 7 game series? who knows

but anyone can compete with boston, they BARELY made it to the finals, they are a great team, but anything can happen in the playoffs, especially with a much improved east this year and a one year older boston.

dre1990
08-19-2008, 01:46 AM
Detroit will win the championship this year.

tuk420
08-19-2008, 01:57 AM
Calderon is not better until he proves otherwise.. he hasnt even started the season yet so you cant say that. Thad is better than Moon. Bosh is indeed better than brand... O'Neil hasn't had a strong season in forever.. very quiestionable.

Not saying Sixers are better, just dpeends on injuries and things of that nature... O'Neil is very injury prone and that can break their season

Here's my Prediction: Raptors, Cleveland Detroit Boston forget everyone else in the East.... The raptors were one of the top offence teams last year J/O does not need huge numbers next year just needs to fill the middle and grab some boards and take some defensive pressure off Bosh. He'll have the raptors defence playing like you never seen before.... Oh and didn't he take a year off last season after the Pacers sucked to recover ummmm yeah I think so... Philly's going to flop Brand can't fun with Philly and just about every Big man is going to be in trouble playing agains toronto there will be no more get Bosh in foul trouble and then beat up on the Europeans we got some Hardiness now Anybody try to drive the lane and see if you don't Catch one from J/O (did you see the brawl one punch and on your back when you mess with J/O)

AKA TheMamba
08-19-2008, 02:13 AM
Boston is not going to go on a run like last year. Miami, Cavs, Philly, Detroit. I don't see the Celtics doing anything now that the hunger is gone. They might say they are, but I doubt it.

A Guy like Garnett on your team the hunger is never gone.... If Pierce was the true leader of the celtics they would be a joke.... Garnett puts in work every night he is on the floor and leads with passion and heart something the celtics never had ever since the old days of glory with bird.... Cleveland, Detroit, Orlando still legitimate contenders next year