PDA

View Full Version : Redd surprised he's still a Buck

Sports Illustrator
08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Richard Jefferson, Luke Ridnour, Tyronn Lue, Malik Allen, Francisco Elson, Adrian Griffin, Richard Jefferson, Damon Jones, and rookies Joe Alexander and Luc Mbah a Moute are all new Bucks. There is also a new coach, Scott Skiles. The architect of the new Bucks is first-year general manager John Hammond. Through all the changes, key players still left include Michael Redd, Andrew Bogut and ex-Connecticut forward Charlie Villanueva. Redd admitted he is surprised to still be around. "Out of everybody, I'm still here," said Redd, part of the US Olympic team in Beijing. "We have a whole new roster, a whole new group of guys. I was shocked that I remained. "I thought with the rebuilding of the team and the changing of coaches and the organization moving in different ways, I thought I might be gone, too. Hey, I'm here."

From Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/08/17/points_in_transition/?page=2)

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-18-2008, 03:03 PM
good news because for the frist time in his carear he can be a 2nd option or maybe even 3rd with skiles wanting to give bogut the ball more
as long as he can step up his d im happy with keeping him here

Fion
08-19-2008, 01:43 AM
redd is not the number 3, heck he might still be the number 1 option. Though with the rise of bogut, jefferson etc, i hope the leadership hierachy on this team finds itself resolved quickly. or you will run into team politics issues.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
I think everyone was a little surprised. Even non-buck fans like myself.

The point you guys made about him not being the #1 option anymore makes sense.

He still can light it up some nights, but maybe having Jefferson to support his not so hot nights will give you a nice lift.

favre_4life
08-19-2008, 07:44 PM
I am not going to lie, I have changed my ways. I'm happy Michael Redd is still here for a couple of reasons. 1.) Having Richard Jefferson slashing in the offense is going to lead to more open shots for Redd, which hopefully means a higher shooting percentage, and more points. 2.) Having Luke Ridnour/Ramon Sessions as our point guard is going to be a positive, because for once we have a PASS FIRST point guard. 3.) Redd no longer has to be that number one scoring option. RJ, Bogut, CV, and Redd are all capable of scoring 30 on any given night. 4.) Scott Skiles is going to make this team better, and in the end make Redd a better player in the process.

meandering
08-20-2008, 12:12 AM
I hope the olypics don't blow his head up more than it already is.

Hopefully he is learning how to play defense.

meandering
08-20-2008, 12:13 AM
olympics even....lol

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-20-2008, 01:38 AM
I hope so. I was just hoping to see Redd dealt to get some bench players that can actually start if they need to. He's gotta accept a role where he isn't the center of the offense. I think Skiles will have a little more credibility to get Redd to buy into his system. Coach K last year was unable to establish Bogut and Yi/CV/whoever else as the primary options for the high percentage shots.

Bogut certainly would've benefited from not having Redd on the team.

Imagine if the Bucks traded Mo Williams away, and Redd away.

Not for much either, mainly for expiring contracts. Bogut would have really shined and would have definitely taken a big step in the developmental process.

Either way with Ridnour at point I would like to see Bogut getting more touches early on. Even if that means less opportunities for Redd.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-20-2008, 02:45 AM
bogut jefferson>redd
for touch's thats for sure

ldcclique1
08-20-2008, 12:36 PM
1 a.jefferson b. Redd c. Bogut

Dont shy away from our best all around scorer in my opinion. Redd is that guy. but distribute the ball evenly. distribution should be different on a nightly basis. whoever is hittin, feed them the ball, its simple but the bucks havent got that concep for years. hopefully his year it clicks. we have scorers.........theres no need to shoot out of a double team

ldcclique1
08-20-2008, 12:40 PM
oh and chief o wahoo yeh maybe bogut would get more touches but we would be the worst team in the league haha. bogut facing double teams everytime down the court and still dominating..... I think not. I like bogut and hes progressing quite well but hes got a long way to go before he can even be considered a cornerstone for this team. I know a lot of u dont like redd but we need him, make no mistake about that

Brooke
08-20-2008, 01:33 PM
I was surprised but I am glad he is still a Buck :)

Redd has some help now but I do think he is still the #1 option. Skiles is a good coach and hopefully with him there they get more defensive minded. I have high hopes for them this year

Bwangster12
08-21-2008, 12:49 PM
I have seen Richard Jefferson play over in NJ a ton over the years and as good as he has become, there is one thing you all should know...

If you make him the #1 option, its not going to work. Jefferson is a GREAT secondary scorer... but he is not the GoTo guy.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-22-2008, 01:59 PM
ya our go to guy will be redd
but rj and bogut should get more touch's a go to guy is the one u look to when u need a big bucket and then if redd gets double'd he can jus kick it to rj or down to bogut

RJ24_bucks
08-23-2008, 08:37 AM
I dont think there will be a first option.. I dont see it. I think its gonna be whoever has the hot hand in the game and whoever seems to have a game.. and that can happen for anytime for Redd, Jefferson, and Bogut.. I think we got a Pass first point guard in Ridnour for a reason.. To create oppurtunities for the scorers. With Ridnour and Sessions, I think Redd will make less mistakes. =) and with a point guard coach O.O

Jambox5000
08-23-2008, 10:55 PM
redd is not the number 3, heck he might still be the number 1 option. Though with the rise of bogut, jefferson etc, i hope the leadership hierachy on this team finds itself resolved quickly. or you will run into team politics issues.

He is still the number one option, come on. I admit it may be a toss up between him and jefferson. But to label him as the number 3? Ridiculous.

OnWisconsin2007
08-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Redd is going to play MUCH better once he's in a balanced system with a coach that players respect. Nobody gave two ***** about what Larry K said and the players played like it.

meandering
08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
The players are NOT required to have a coach they love, respect, or can be best friends with. We pay them to play basketball.

Michael Redd is a joke! Period, a bad joke.

How many minutes and points in China?

ldcclique1
08-27-2008, 07:05 PM
the statement above is so idiotic it shouldn't even warrant a response but a guy who has averaged 22 + while shooting at least a respectable % over the last 5 seasons is far from a joke. And as FAr as china goes, redd is used to about 35 mins a game. Team USA was committed to Kobe Paul James d will melo and dvwade. with redds shot struggling bc he dint get the time to get into a rythm why would he get mins over them. Redd may not be in their category as a player but to call him a joke is straight ********

kenzo400
09-18-2008, 10:42 PM
I think Redd is a great player and you guys have a good chance of being a solid team this year. In the past few years, way too much pressure has been put on Redd to get the team to win, when in reality there was a lot of other problems. The lack of sucess in the past few years of the team has always been a mystery because on paper you guys should have a solid team. At least .500 material. However if you look at the individual players, there are problems.

I think it's good you guys traded away Maurice Williams, because he was in a way making the team worse. Way too little criticism has gone on him, because he isn't the star on the team, Redd is. Numbers wise, Maurice seems like a great player but he certainly has his faults. I mean the guy isn't exactly the best defender. If you take a look throughout the last few seasons he would often get badly beat by the other point guards. The guy is just way too fragile and indecisive to play good defence. Richard Jefferson is an excellent pick up for you guys. I think he will help the team greatly on offense and defense. Ramon Sessions should also be able to succesfully step into the starting point guard spot.