PDA

View Full Version : What do NON Nets fans think about Devin Harris?

Nets fan 93
08-18-2008, 01:18 PM
I want to know other peoples feelings about the Nets PG Devin Harris. Do you think he will help us more since Jefferson is gone? What are your feelings towards him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLBHoBZPIcU&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSpmKduFS-4&feature=related

North Yorker
08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
I think he's one fast SOB...

literally, I think they are way better off with him running their team NOW over Kidd.

Born2BWild
08-18-2008, 01:32 PM
i think devin harris can be a top pg in a couple years if he works hard and keeps getting better. hes fast, one of the better defensive pgs and isnt to bad on offense either. i think the nets have a bright future, with their young guys they have and their cap room. Harris is a perfect fit for the nets imo

dick butane
08-18-2008, 01:51 PM
He is a good point guard, very quick. However he won't reach the level of top tier PG since Deron, and C-Paul have surpassed him and are younger. Each year a new great point lands in the league through the draft and Devin will always find himself behind 6-9 guys on the best PG lists.

Westbrook36
08-18-2008, 01:52 PM
I love his Game, hes one of my Fav Point Guards.

Born2BWild
08-18-2008, 01:52 PM
He is a good point guard, very quick. However he won't reach the level of top tier PG since Deron, and C-Paul have surpassed him and are younger. Each year a new great point lands in the league through the draft and Devin will always find himself behind 6-9 guys on the best PG lists.

luckily for devin, CP3 and Chris paul play in the west.

superkegger
08-18-2008, 02:00 PM
I love Devin Harris. Loved him in college when he lead my Badgers and I've enjoyed watching his progress on the pro level. He's a good pg. He's so damn quick, and is a pretty decent defender. If he could just get a better jumper he'd be money. He's reminds me of Tony Parker.

superkegger
08-18-2008, 02:00 PM

lol.

Nets fan 93
08-18-2008, 02:07 PM
I love Devin Harris. Loved him in college when he lead my Badgers and I've enjoyed watching his progress on the pro level. He's a good pg. He's so damn quick, and is a pretty decent defender. If he could just get a better jumper he'd be money. He's reminds me of Tony Parker.
He jumpshot looks to be improving to me... he had a sweet J on his debut

PhxGiant
08-18-2008, 02:08 PM
I think Dallas should have kept him.

Faneik
08-18-2008, 02:09 PM
When the Mavs-Nets trade happened my thoughts was that it was an excellent trade for the Nets and still have the same opinion...

I see Harris as a solid player that will only improve.

$ NyC $
08-18-2008, 02:09 PM
he is one of the FASTEST players I've ever seen...i remember during a Mavs game they said that there is a courtside camera..that goes back and forth with the players and that Harris was so fast it couldn't keep up..

i think he has the potential 2 be a 21 ppg 3 rpg 7 aspg 2 spg player

superkegger
08-18-2008, 02:12 PM
He jumpshot looks to be improving to me... he had a sweet J on his debut

it is improving, but its still not to the point where when he pulls up for a J you as a fan feel confident he's going to make it more often than not.

Jay22Redd
08-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Good quick point guard

Killebrewcrew3
08-18-2008, 02:20 PM
I was shocked when dallas made that trade.i thought harris was gonna be a stud in this league and my opinion has not changed. jason kidd is on the decline and harris i think will be a top five pg in time

NYKnickFanatic
08-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Very athletic, very fast.

Cant shoot the ball. Takes it to the rim nicely.

Nets got a steal.

Dont see him as much of a power house PG though.

Never will win a ring.

NYKnickFanatic
08-18-2008, 02:23 PM

Lmao. I just caught that too.

Same dude, dude.

:rolleyes:

Thatruth32
08-18-2008, 02:25 PM
lol.

lol... yea small pg but that can work but harder in the east.... i thought marcus williams would do better for you guys... but hey we will give him a chance

marques724
08-18-2008, 02:28 PM
I think he can be a top five pg in this league. I thought Dallas was crazy giving him up for Kidd.

pimpunleashed
08-18-2008, 02:29 PM
i dont think he would be a top 5 point guard but a top 8 yes

flip_loyalty
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Great point guard, defensive skills are great. bad trade for mavs, they could have rebuilt the team around howard and harris

Nets fan 93
08-18-2008, 02:36 PM
lol... yea small pg but that can work but harder in the east.... i thought marcus williams would do better for you guys... but hey we will give him a chance
Marcus was so great when he had confidence. Last year though... he broke his foot and his confidence was just terrible. one good thing for Warriors fans though when Kidd was traded Marcus started coz Harris was still injured and he was great. Warriors have some great talent going into next year

i dont think he would be a top 5 point guard but a top 8 yes
top 8 works for me!

RapsFan4Life
08-18-2008, 02:37 PM
great young kid with good work habits, he will definetly be a star in the league one day and Dallas is sad to have lost him, he is not a super star type player and doesnt have the athletisim or strength some of the top guards Baron, CP have, but he has a nice drive and passing, work on his shot and look to get into the lane more often ... he is in top 15 pg's to me right now, wouldnt be a franchise player but a solid role player
in the top 10 pg's forum lots of nets fans argued he is 8th or 9th above jose calderon and I think that is simply not true, he is a good younger player but there are other good young guards like jose that are better then he is and will continue to improve as harris does

Cubs Win
08-18-2008, 02:38 PM
I think Devin's blazing speed will allow him to develop into a great PG.
With averages of 14.8 ppg, 5.8 assts, and 2.7 rpg last year, he is already a good PG. With the Nets his averages were even better with 15.4 ppg, 6.5 assts, and 3.3 rpg. It'll be interesting to see if he steadies out there for his career or continues to progress into an potentially elite pg.

Kyle N.
08-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Very athletic, very fast.

Cant shoot the ball. Takes it to the rim nicely.

Nets got a steal.

Dont see him as much of a power house PG though.

Never will win a ring.

Did anybody think Rajon Rondo would win a ring?

Joshtd1
08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Never been a big fan of him. Luckily he is fast, but he needs to get a much better jumper.

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
hes not going to be better without rj thats for sure
although is he a very fundamental point and will excell in the league he jus needs the right team around him and hes a underated defender

Nets fan 93
08-18-2008, 02:59 PM
hes not going to be better without rj thats for sure
although is he a very fundamental point and will excell in the league he jus needs the right team around him and hes a underated defender
Um what? without RJ he will be better... RJ was a ballhog. he has energy Yi, Star VC, glu center Boone, and a perimeter threat Simmons for his drive and kicks.

Westbrook36
08-18-2008, 03:03 PM
With Lebron top 5 Without Lebron top 8

FromDallas
08-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Devin Harris is a good young PG. He's solid on defense however he does have his flaws. He has a tendency to get bullied by bigger PG's and his decision making is suspect. That's why I don't think he will ever be one of the top tier PG's however I would put him in the same class as Kirk Hinrich.

RapsFan4Life
08-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Did anybody think Rajon Rondo would win a ring?

i dont think Rajon Rondo WON a ring, i think it was more like he GOT a ring
i think u can put speedy claxton or boobie gibson or macus williams or early boykins .. hell you can put ME with peirce/KG/perkins/allen and get a ring
kevin and paul won him a ring, i think little credit belongs to rondo

ee
08-18-2008, 03:25 PM
He is a good point guard, very quick. However he won't reach the level of top tier PG since Deron, and C-Paul have surpassed him and are younger. Each year a new great point lands in the league through the draft and Devin will always find himself behind 6-9 guys on the best PG lists.So, what makes you so sure??? Guys like Nash, Billups didn't start becoming on top of that list till later in their careers.....Harris, if manage to stay in play without injuries have a shot, quickness, defense and playmaking is already there......Once he gets used to the leadership role and add 1 or 2 nice players that he can run with, sky is the limit for him.....

NYMetros
08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I like him. He has a lot of potential. He could be a pretty good PG in a couple of years.

Mile High Champ
08-18-2008, 03:29 PM
for me, he is a top 10 pg in the future. I dont see him cracking the top 5. His playmaking skills for me are just not up there with the best in the league and Im not sure they ever will be.

_Sn1P3r_
08-18-2008, 04:58 PM
I actually like him. He'll get better in the future in this young team.

superkegger
08-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Never been a big fan of him. Luckily he is fast, but he needs to get a much better jumper.

a spurs fan not a fan of harris, shocker there. :D

LakerzDQ
08-18-2008, 08:10 PM
Devin Harris has a pretty good 3-point shot, he does need to work on his pull-up jumpers though. he plays good defense, he's quick, he's got good size for a PG, he's a good pointguard, can distribute the ball fairly well. I like this guy. still young too.

Vinny642
08-18-2008, 08:11 PM
He not bad, not great but defintley not bad.

POZUNO
08-18-2008, 08:28 PM
He's a decent player. Has shine bright on and off throughout his young career in the NBA and should continue to develop. I do agree with those who think he won't be a top 5 pg. He's good though, no doubt.

pistons1987
08-18-2008, 09:26 PM
no better than a career 6th man or serviceable starter. I liked his role in dallas until he got traded

POZUNO
08-18-2008, 09:31 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking. 6th man indeed.

Jayg1712
08-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Hes cute i guess.

#1Mavericksfan
08-18-2008, 10:35 PM
I can't hate on Devin...he's a good PG, I loved the way he shut down Tony Parker everytime we played the Spurs.

Goon.Weezy
08-18-2008, 10:56 PM
***** Vince Carterrrrrrr

Storch
08-18-2008, 11:06 PM

:laugh:

that made my day.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-18-2008, 11:07 PM
Nice Pg, old style and developing, the trade for Kidd was a steal.

bogdanrom
08-18-2008, 11:10 PM
A good PG that could develop in to something special. He needs to develop a jumpshot, especially from three.

DJ CHACH
08-18-2008, 11:11 PM
if this guy stops flopping he'd be decent..all he does is spend 3/4ths of the game screaming and crying for a FOUL, AND THE OTHER 1/4 HE ACTUALLY CAN PLAY WELL..TELL HIM STOP FLOPPING AND HE'LL BE AIT...OH WAIT WUT AM I SAYING, ALL THE NETS ORGANIZATION AND PLAYBOOK RELIES ON GETTING TO THE LINE..BETWEEN VC AND RgAY LAST SEASON, THE TOTAL FREE THROWS WENT UP LIKE 110 PERCENT, AND NOW ADD DEVIN HARRIS TO THE MIX, AND IT SHOULD RISE LIKE 140% THIOS SEASON..GOSH THE NETS ARE ALMOST AS BAD AS SAN ANTONIO..IT GOES SAN ANTONIO, NJ,, DALLAS, AND TEH LIST GOES ON.. THE KNICKS ARE LIKE 30 ON THAT LIST..NOT ONE BALLER ON THE KNICKS FLOPS, SO EVEN THO THIS AINT THE 90'S I LIKE THAT THEY STILL HAVE ANUF BALLS TO NOT FLOP..US NEW YORKERS WOULD SPIT ON THEM IF THE KNICKS DID THAT..BUT JERSEY FANS HAVE NOTHIN TO LOOK FORWARD TO SO I GUESS ITS FUN TO SHOOT FREETHROWS ADN FOUL EVERYONE OUT BEFORE THE END OF THE FIRST HALF..SOMEONE WATCH DEVIN HARRIS IN A FULL GAME OR BETTER YET GO ON GOOGLE AND LOOK UP DEVIN HARRIS I BET U GET PICS OF HIM IN THE LANE SCREAMING THAT HE'S GETTING HIT when sometimes nobody is even near him..look at NETS FAN 93's sig..wut is that face?....HE SHOULD MARRY EITHER THE FT LINE OR A WHISTLE CUZ THE ZEBRAS GIV E HIM EVERYTHIN..GREAT ACTOR, BELONGS IN L.A....

Here i did the first google search on him, just look at his faces and shrieking just to get a foul call..didnt hafta try hard to find these either..

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=devin+harris&gbv=2

Beno7500
08-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Very fast player. He is average though

B-Easy23
08-18-2008, 11:15 PM
very good point guard, give him time and he should develop into one of the top pg of the league:clap:

DJ CHACH
08-18-2008, 11:32 PM
this should be a sig for devin harris...classic

http://www.nancarrow-webdesk.com/warehouse/storage2/2008-w08/img.138324_t.jpg

Nets fan 93
08-19-2008, 01:15 AM
if this guy stops flopping he'd be decent..all he does is spend 3/4ths of the game screaming and crying for a FOUL, AND THE OTHER 1/4 HE ACTUALLY CAN PLAY WELL..TELL HIM STOP FLOPPING AND HE'LL BE AIT...OH WAIT WUT AM I SAYING, ALL THE NETS ORGANIZATION AND PLAYBOOK RELIES ON GETTING TO THE LINE..BETWEEN VC AND RgAY LAST SEASON, THE TOTAL FREE THROWS WENT UP LIKE 110 PERCENT, AND NOW ADD DEVIN HARRIS TO THE MIX, AND IT SHOULD RISE LIKE 140% THIOS SEASON..GOSH THE NETS ARE ALMOST AS BAD AS SAN ANTONIO..IT GOES SAN ANTONIO, NJ,, DALLAS, AND TEH LIST GOES ON.. THE KNICKS ARE LIKE 30 ON THAT LIST..NOT ONE BALLER ON THE KNICKS FLOPS, SO EVEN THO THIS AINT THE 90'S I LIKE THAT THEY STILL HAVE ANUF BALLS TO NOT FLOP..US NEW YORKERS WOULD SPIT ON THEM IF THE KNICKS DID THAT..BUT JERSEY FANS HAVE NOTHIN TO LOOK FORWARD TO SO I GUESS ITS FUN TO SHOOT FREETHROWS ADN FOUL EVERYONE OUT BEFORE THE END OF THE FIRST HALF..SOMEONE WATCH DEVIN HARRIS IN A FULL GAME OR BETTER YET GO ON GOOGLE AND LOOK UP DEVIN HARRIS I BET U GET PICS OF HIM IN THE LANE SCREAMING THAT HE'S GETTING HIT when sometimes nobody is even near him..look at NETS FAN 93's sig..wut is that face?....HE SHOULD MARRY EITHER THE FT LINE OR A WHISTLE CUZ THE ZEBRAS GIV E HIM EVERYTHIN..GREAT ACTOR, BELONGS IN L.A....

Here i did the first google search on him, just look at his faces and shrieking just to get a foul call..didnt hafta try hard to find these either..

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=devin+harris&gbv=2
Wow... this is the most random piece of garbage i ever read.:pity: I dont know what else to say. Oh i forgot people that make wierd faces suck... dang bro, what did you do? wakeup on the wrong side of the bed? And in the future don't refer RJ as "RgAY" coz that is also random and way off topic to this thread...

IversonIsKrazy
08-19-2008, 01:28 AM
mavs worst trade --> harris 4 kidd.

harris has an amazing game, i think though if he improves his passing and shooting, he'll b an all-star

I want 27 A-rod
08-19-2008, 01:34 AM
Good player good potiential good pick up

ertanozgur
08-19-2008, 01:37 AM
i think he is a good point guard..nothing more

S.J.Basketball
08-19-2008, 01:38 AM
If the Mavericks kept Devin Harris they could've been a contender still. Now with an aging Jason Kidd it seems like Dirk should skip town and demand a trade off of a crap team. Jason doesn't have it nymore and the Mavericks will be lucky to make the playoffs...period. Nets got a good deal.

Lakersfan2483
08-19-2008, 04:04 AM
D. Harris can play some ball. Dallas definitely misses him at the point.

robdizzle3
08-19-2008, 04:30 AM
To me Devin Harris is a outstanding talent and if he wors on his shot he will be almost unguardable and can guard any point as well.He will flourish in a bigger roll and I hope he has learned not to look back at the coach eevrytime he does something wrong to see if he is about to get taken out because he is the man now in Netland

Faneik
08-19-2008, 05:07 AM
i dont think Rajon Rondo WON a ring, i think it was more like he GOT a ring
i think u can put speedy claxton or boobie gibson or macus williams or early boykins .. hell you can put ME with peirce/KG/perkins/allen and get a ring
kevin and paul won him a ring, i think little credit belongs to rondo

You're crazy!

Rondo is one of the best defensive PG's in the league, and deserves lots of credit.

You clearly didn't see him play.

robdizzle3
08-19-2008, 05:38 AM
We saw Rondo play in the finals and he just sucked IMO until the last game of the series and it made him look bad when the Lakers were making him shoot wide open shots and I mean wide open shots and he missed most of them.Dont get me wrong I think Rondo has alot of potential but he is gonna have to start hitting shots because otherwise he will be average at best because the Lakers gave every other team a blueprint to guard him

innovator
08-19-2008, 06:29 AM
his better than derick rose

Nets fan 93
08-19-2008, 02:50 PM
^better than a #1 overall pick :D

FromDallas
08-19-2008, 02:52 PM
To me Devin Harris is a outstanding talent and if he wors on his shot he will be almost unguardable and can guard any point as well.He will flourish in a bigger roll and I hope he has learned not to look back at the coach eevrytime he does something wrong to see if he is about to get taken out because he is the man now in Netland

You must have missed The Mavs series against Golden State a couple years ago. Harris got absolutely owned by Baron Davis. Harris' inability to guard Davis is the main reason the Mavs lost that series (that and Stephen Jackson getting in Dirk's head). Harris does well against quicker PG's however he's been horrible against big strong PG's throughout his career.

Nets fan 93
08-19-2008, 02:58 PM
all the PG's in the east are small anyway, Rondo, Rose, Nelson, Ford, Calderon, Felton... etc Nothing to worry about really

Hawkeye15
08-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I have no opinion on the Nets either way, nor Dallas. He is the best on the ball defensive point guard in the NBA, and could become a top 6-8 offensive point if his shot improves a bit, as well as his decision making. New Jersey won that trade with Dallas in my opinion. I am not so sure I would trade him straight up for Kidd at this point.

Hawkeye15
08-19-2008, 03:16 PM
You must have missed The Mavs series against Golden State a couple years ago. Harris got absolutely owned by Baron Davis. Harris' inability to guard Davis is the main reason the Mavs lost that series (that and Stephen Jackson getting in Dirk's head). Harris does well against quicker PG's however he's been horrible against big strong PG's throughout his career.

you are taling two years ago, and Baron is so physically strong, nobody can guard him one on one. Harris a terrific at pressuring point guards, and keeping them out of the lane. Baron played out of his mind in that series. Nobody could have stopped him. Now, if only he would stay healthy and motivated like that all the time. Everyone has looked bad at times dude. Everyone. Ask Kobe about the finals this year.

MrBloop
08-19-2008, 03:20 PM
He's aight...fast, good penetrator, suspect range, looks like a 4th quarter dissapearing act waiting to happen.

All around...

Just another player Nets player who'll bring them to an eventual second round game 5 exit.

RapsFan4Life
08-19-2008, 03:24 PM
You're crazy!

Rondo is one of the best defensive PG's in the league, and deserves lots of credit.

You clearly didn't see him play.

i clearly did watch him play... i watched him turn the ball over and struggle to bring the ball up the court i saw him throw the ball at Paul (not pass) every time he was in trouble i saw him drive right out of bounds ... rondo all around sucks, will never be all star, he is quick but he gambles on defense and never plays solid or consistant D he is too small and oponents can crush him or post him up .. all around rondo is garbage he only looked decent cuz paul had his back. . . . and he was STILL garbage

MrBloop
08-19-2008, 03:31 PM
I have no opinion on the Nets either way, nor Dallas. He is the best on the ball defensive point guard in the NBA, and could become a top 6-8 offensive point if his shot improves a bit, as well as his decision making. New Jersey won that trade with Dallas in my opinion. I am not so sure I would trade him straight up for Kidd at this point.

People need to stop with this, "New Jersey won that trade with Dallas in my opinion"

The only reason people say this, is b/c NJ got the younger player and the cap space...I can see why some would feel this way, it wasn't exactly a bad deal, but lets face it, Devon Harris isn't gonna have more of an impact for any team the way J Kidd will...probrobly until Kidd retires.

NJ got younger, not better.

To your credit Hawk, you did say you wouldn't deal him straight up, so you kinda see where I'm coming from.

hockeypro68
08-19-2008, 03:34 PM
I think Harris is a great young prospect point guard... but the Nets are pretty much just gonna be sitting, waiting, and wishing until 2010. I don't see a playoff appearance happening before then. :shrug:

MrBloop
08-19-2008, 03:40 PM
i clearly did watch him play... i watched him turn the ball over and struggle to bring the ball up the court i saw him throw the ball at Paul (not pass) every time he was in trouble i saw him drive right out of bounds ... rondo all around sucks, will never be all star, he is quick but he gambles on defense and never plays solid or consistant D he is too small and oponents can crush him or post him up .. all around rondo is garbage he only looked decent cuz paul had his back. . . . and he was STILL garbage

Rondo made a handful of impact plays throughout the postseason...He's young, and played like it at times, but he showed his jumper has some promise, and he can defend.

All the negatives you said are typical young player issues, I'm not a boston fan, but I can see ability and talent, and this kids got all the tools to take a huge step in his career in the next couple of years.

I'll tell you one thing, nobody would be surprised if he put the gloves on your boy Calderon, on way to dropping 25 on his dome.

Keep sleepin on him.

J-N-M-ETS4LYF
08-19-2008, 04:59 PM
I think devin is going to be an all star. And i'm not saying that because i'm a nets fan. I've always been a fan even when he was on Dallas I thought he was going to be a top tier pg. He has many things to do before he can be at that level but he is one of hte most talented guards in the game.

I think with a about 20 games under the Lawrence Franks syster, and playing with Vince.. he should be more comfortable with being in jersey,.. playing with vince,.. and most importantly the playbook. Last year with the Nets he averaged about 16 and 6 ... Thats was with less minutes, as the teams third option, and adjusting to a new system... and he was hurt..... This year expect him to be about 18-20 ppg.... 7-9 ast pg....... I really think he can do it.. In dallas he was like the 4th option on the team.. I don' think he got the chance he deserved and that hurt his stats a little.. Players liek Josh Howard, Dirk, Jt... stackhouse... all needed the ball in their hands ot be effective..... AS the 2nd option for the nets.. and primary ball handling duties.. I expect a lot from him...

On a skill set level.. i cant say enough about him... The guy is very very very quick.. and is arguably the fastest pgs in the game... If he develops a jump **** ( which is his biggest flaw)... The defense will actually have to guard his shot.. and that would lead to him being able to blow right past the dfender if they have to play his shot.. It would really take his game to the next level.. because as far as slashing and getting to the paing.. the kid is so talented..... He knows how to finish as well.. He can dunk.. and finishes everything strong... His defense is amongst some of the best on ball defenders in the Nba...just ask tony parker..... Hes a major upgrade for The nets on the defensive end... It's important to have a player like that... His defense is only going to get better....

His skill set is very very similar to Gary Paytons.... Now don't go crazy and tell me that i'm smoking or somthing..i never said he was going to be the next gary payton.. but their skill sets are very very very similar... With some hard work.. he could be as good as him... Their games are very identical...

Any player Greg popavich salvates over has to be good......

DJ CHACH
08-19-2008, 05:14 PM
any player that greg popovich salivates over must be a flopper

Hawkeye15
08-19-2008, 05:19 PM
People need to stop with this, "New Jersey won that trade with Dallas in my opinion"

The only reason people say this, is b/c NJ got the younger player and the cap space...I can see why some would feel this way, it wasn't exactly a bad deal, but lets face it, Devon Harris isn't gonna have more of an impact for any team the way J Kidd will...probrobly until Kidd retires.

To your credit Hawk, you did say you wouldn't deal him straight up, so you kinda see where I'm coming from.

No, Kidd is toast. The Mavs were better with Harris. I didn't get the trade then, and I don't now. Kidd doesn't even look at the basket anymore, and his defense is average at best nowadays. He is a better passer no doubt, by a lot, but he can't pressure the other teams guard, and Harris is already a far better shooter and scorer. Dallas lost that trade. Period. I will give you this, Kidd sells more tickets and jerseys, so for profit, he is better. But the Nets already have VC living off his 2000' season dunks for that.

Hawkeye15
08-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Rondo made a handful of impact plays throughout the postseason...He's young, and played like it at times, but he showed his jumper has some promise, and he can defend.

All the negatives you said are typical young player issues, I'm not a boston fan, but I can see ability and talent, and this kids got all the tools to take a huge step in his career in the next couple of years.

I'll tell you one thing, nobody would be surprised if he put the gloves on your boy Calderon, on way to dropping 25 on his dome.

Keep sleepin on him.

Unless he shoots about 1000 jumpers a day in the offseason, that will always be his weaknes. But luckily, with the big 3 there, he is aloud to roam. He is a very good defender and rebounder for his position, for sure. Let's see what he looks like in a few years, when those 3 aren't there to shield his weaknesses, but are still making 60 million and on the major decline.

Hawkeye15
08-19-2008, 05:24 PM

well, their goal is LeBron in 2010, so they are trying to clear cap space. In that regard, they won the deal. And Dallas's winning % was 66% when Harris left, 60% the rest of the season. So they got worse actually. The Nets slid a few % points as well, but they knew they were not contenders, they have to look to the future.

Nets fan 93
08-20-2008, 01:35 AM
that deal wasnt for LeBron... that deal was because J-Kidd was pissed we didnt give him an extension. Kidd asked for a trade

Nets fan 93
08-20-2008, 01:48 AM

We won the trade:confused:

We gave an angered Kidd with no passion to play for us anymore for a gaurd 10 yrs younger. We also gained two 1st rounders, 2010 who knows where the mavs will be. we stole the deal bro.

Tha Truth
08-20-2008, 01:57 AM
I like Harris

It was a good trade to get Harris in the J-Kidd deal.

Fast, young, solid point guard and is still getting better.

Should be the starting point guard for many years to come.

dick butane
08-20-2008, 02:07 AM
So, what makes you so sure??? Guys like Nash, Billups didn't start becoming on top of that list till later in their careers.....Harris, if manage to stay in play without injuries have a shot, quickness, defense and playmaking is already there......Once he gets used to the leadership role and add 1 or 2 nice players that he can run with, sky is the limit for him.....

Oh that's right! There are a whole squadron of PG's riding the bench in the NBA who could also pass Devin Harris. The difference with those guys (Nash, Billups) is they played back-up when they were unknown.... they struggled to find good situations to fit into. Devin was plopped down onto a PLAYOFF team and given the reigns and given some time and failed to find his inner all-star. He's good but never a top 10 PG.

dick butane
08-20-2008, 02:11 AM
lol.

Too bad Bibby, Ford, Williams, Rose are all in new situations also. It's gonna be hard for Harris to shine.:p

chiCityFanatic
08-20-2008, 04:20 AM
i am actually a fan of harris.. i think he has a chance to shine on this nets team.. pretty good defender, slahses well to the hoop, improving jumpshot.. imo he may need to improve his vision a little more, but not bad.. i just wonder if he's going to really embrace that leadership role b/c everyone knows VC won't..