PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for the Miami Heat

Lakersfan2483
08-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Dwayne Wade has been on another level in the Olympics, he is officially back to being a top 5 player. Do you all think that Wade can lead the Heat back to the playoffs? Also, what are your overall expectations for the Miami Heat this year? I am a laker fan, but I recognize greatness, and Wade is definitely great. I just want some feedback on the Miami Heat team.

Hellcrooner
08-18-2008, 04:32 AM
I cant make an opionion until they are done trading, and that has not happened yet.

_Sn1P3r_
08-18-2008, 10:40 AM
With their roster right now, fighting for 8th seed.

JordansBulls
08-18-2008, 11:02 AM
1 superstar, 1 allstar and 1 top pick equals a team that is good to be the 4th seed in a conference.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-18-2008, 11:15 AM
1 superstar, 1 allstar and 1 top pick equals a team that is good to be the 4th seed in a conference.

4th seed?

I'm assuming you have them ahead of the 76ers/Raptors/Wizards/Cavaliers?

I have to disagree with you completely on this one.

The Heat have a HUGE question mark in Beasley.

If he can put up 15-10 type numbers then I say then can be a 6-8 seed AT BEST.

Personally, I don't have the heat in it, sorry to say. I think they will be the 9th seed, with the Bucks taking the 8th.

Hellcrooner
08-18-2008, 12:46 PM
they need pieces, a good Pg and a True PF , sorry but both beasley and marion will be better at the Three, yes i know beasley has been a pf til now, buthe is 6,8 so i dont see him battling against 7 footers in the paint.

A good center wouldnt hurt.

If i were them i would try to trade Marion and Haslem for Eddie Curry,david lee and Crawford from teh Knicks , Crawford,Wade,Beasley,Lee,Curry sounds like a goodo team.

Z-ray21
08-18-2008, 01:38 PM
would anyone agree with me on this?
all the heat needed was to get a good center
marcus camby went to the clippers almost for freeeee man. come on pat riley why didnt you trade for camby

mario chalmers
flash
marion
beasley
camby

now that sounds like a contender for the playoffs to me

marques724
08-18-2008, 01:57 PM
With the roster as it is now a seventh or eighth seed

DQL
08-18-2008, 02:00 PM
they need pieces, a good Pg and a True PF , sorry but both beasley and marion will be better at the Three, yes i know beasley has been a pf til now, buthe is 6,8 so i dont see him battling against 7 footers in the paint.

If i were them i would try to trade Marion and Haslem for Eddie Curry,david lee and Crawford from teh Knicks , Crawford,Wade,Beasley,Lee,Curry sounds like a goodo team.

Haslem is a true PF you must have forgotten him. And how the heck can Wade and Crawford co-exist?

would anyone agree with me on this?
all the heat needed was to get a good center
marcus camby went to the clippers almost for freeeee man. come on pat riley why didnt you trade for camby

mario chalmers
flash
marion
beasley
camby

now that sounds like a contender for the playoffs to me

I agree. We are 1 center left to be a very good team

superkegger
08-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I expect the heat to make the playoffs. I know they have weak spots, but Wade is back, and he's got a chip on his shoulder from people doubting him. I think he's going to be killing some people out there next year.

King Koopa
08-18-2008, 02:06 PM

Yet, hes Stronger, taller, and wayyy better then Haslem and Haslem plays the 4 so why cant he. has a reach of a 7"2 guy, i want to see your soft gasol try to stop him, when he plays the 4. The only guy i see stoping beasley when he plays the 4 is K-Mart, but not even because now his legs are starting to break down. And the height of 6"8 never stoped Brand, and look at him, And can you tell me how many 7 footers there are besides, yao, shaq, Andrew and Z.

King Koopa
08-18-2008, 02:14 PM
4th seed?

I'm assuming you have them ahead of the 76ers/Raptors/Wizards/Cavaliers?

I have to disagree with you completely on this one.

The Heat have a HUGE question mark in Beasley.

If he can put up 15-10 type numbers then I say then can be a 6-8 seed AT BEST.

Personally, I don't have the heat in it, sorry to say. I think they will be the 9th seed, with the Bucks taking the 8th.

Whats the Huge Question mark about Beasley buddy? If your talking about the Height thing, im pretty sure Beasley is 1/2 inch taller then Brand. But of course you have to be 6"10+ to play the 4 spot, the Funny thing is that there Playing Lebron in the 4 spot in the Olympics, and no one can stop him, wow can tell 90% of people here say what they hear in ESPN, and have never played basketball in there lives.

kriviant
08-18-2008, 02:24 PM

What the Heat need is a good center, you are absolutely right. So please enlighten me to why the hell they would go for Eddy Curry? Marion and Beasley can switch off at the 3-4 spots pretty easily, I don't see the need to change that. They are 6'7, 6'8 respectively but they both have excellent reach. That's how Brand plays, his arms stretch all the way to next week.

MiamiHeat
08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
i just want them to make the playoffs
and see what happens from there :D

NYKnickFanatic
08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Dwayne Wade is playing incredible right now.

No one can deny that.

But I mean, look who is on the team.

Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, Melo...ETC!

Right now Dwayne only has to focus on one thing, and that goes for everyone on the Olympic team. Wade doesnt need to be a scorer. He can focus on his defense, and he will get easy buckets, because of it.

When Wade returns to Miami, ppl will be like, how come he isnt getting as many steals, as he ways during the Olympics?

And the answer will be, because he isnt playing with a whole team full of Superstars.

The Olympic Team, they dont just have ONE, or TWO, or even THREE guys to rely on, because everyone on that team can get it done.

But when Wade returns to Miami, as do the other players to their team, he is their number one option, and will not be as effective. He will not be able to get it done alone.

Hopefully Marion and Beastly can help.

pimpunleashed
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
JordansBulls i agree wit you %100 lets just hope the bench can helps thats been there problem

King Koopa
08-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Dwayne Wade is playing incredible right now.

No one can deny that.

But I mean, look who is on the team.

Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, Melo...ETC!

Right now Dwayne only has to focus on one thing, and that goes for everyone on the Olympic team. Wade doesnt need to be a scorer. He can focus on his defense, and he will get easy buckets, because of it.

When Wade returns to Miami, ppl will be like, how come he isnt getting as many steals, as he ways during the Olympics?

And the answer will be, because he isnt playing with a whole team full of Superstars.

The Olympic Team, they dont just have ONE, or TWO, or even THREE guys to rely on, because everyone on that team can get it done.

But when Wade returns to Miami, as do the other players to their team, he is their number one option, and will not be as effective. He will not be able to get it done alone.

Hopefully Marion and Beastly can help.

Wow you beat me too it, nice i was going to say the same thing but got too lazy.

Nets fan 93
08-18-2008, 02:45 PM
:crazy:
1 superstar, 1 allstar and 1 top pick.... and thats about it

right now barely 8th seed

J$mo0th_3o5
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
I hope they can make the playoffs and I believe they will.

LayZbone
08-18-2008, 02:58 PM
To tell you the truth, I think the Heat's biggest need is at Center, not PG. I can live w/ Chalmers and Banks rotating at PG, Chalmers needs time to develop, but eventually he'll be a great player. Banks can at least shoot and play defense. A PG upgrade should come 2nd to a Center upgrade IMO. Cause Mark freakin Blount isn't going to cut it.

BALLER71
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM

I'm sick of people saying this player or that player is undersized.
Height doesn't matter, what matters is WINGSPAN.
Since when do NBA players block with their heads?
And Beasley has a pretty big wingspan

NYKnickFanatic
08-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Wow you beat me too it, nice i was going to say the same thing but got too lazy.

Lol.

I didnt feel like writing it either, but then I was like EFF it.

PhxGiant
08-18-2008, 03:49 PM
If they can get a good center without giving up too much, then they can get out of the first round. Depending on who they play.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-18-2008, 04:01 PM
9th or 10th seed. I have nothing against them, just nothing telling me they will do better.

hockeypro68
08-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Wade and Marion are both allstar caliber players, and Michael Beasley can definitely be something special. Their only problem is...those 3 are pretty much all they've got. 7th or 8th seed at best.

zo#33
08-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Wade and Marion are both allstar caliber players, and Michael Beasley can definitely be something special. Their only problem is...those 3 are pretty much all they've got. 7th or 8th seed at best.

wade is an allstar caliber player? i thought he was a superstar.. i think they will be a 6-9 seed..

rapswin98
08-18-2008, 06:09 PM
miami will make the playoffs finish between 6th seed and 8th seed.

fins08
08-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Playoffs, we need a C tho.

King Koopa
08-18-2008, 06:26 PM
9th or 10th seed. I have nothing against them, just nothing telling me they will do better.

I bet were going to be fighting the Cavs, Wizards, for the 6-8 seed.

HiphopRelated
08-18-2008, 06:34 PM
lower seed playoffs

Wade kept them .500 in 06/07 with no J Will, just GP on his last legs and Chris Quinn, no Shaq, Zo giving 15 minutes a night and Kapono surpassing Toine as starting sf.

Wade's looking stronger and faster than any point in his career.

With Marion, Beasley, James Jones(1st legit catch and shoot 3pt threat since Pono/Posey), hopefully Cook improves on his consistency.

The problem remains center.

If Heat can get even a Perkins/Dampier level center, we'll make noise in the playoffs.

I remember there was a Jwill for Camby rumor last year, that would have been perfect.

MiamiHeatWade33
08-18-2008, 06:35 PM
well it depends on wade if he can atleast stay healthy for the rest of his career and not be like tmac for the last 2 years things just got messed up wades shoulder problems after winning the championship in 06 thing barely didint go the heats way anymore, shawn marion just needs to stay in his defensive zone like he did with the phoenix suns, michael beasley should be the rookie of the year even though greg oden still has a chance to win it and if this year is done next year i think the heat will be the 05-06 miami heat or the 04-05 miami heat again.