PDA

View Full Version : questions

moe
08-17-2008, 11:49 PM
1.When is the black raptor jersey being released?
2. What do tickets go for preseason games?

Tom Stone
08-18-2008, 09:46 AM
I want the black jersey too........when does that get released....is it just me or does it seem this off season taking forever to get over with....I pumped about this season.....Go Raps...my question is , hassan adams was brought in to play the back up spot at the shooting gaurd, I think......But in summer camp Joey graham out played hassan adams......Who will get mins first Joey or Hassan adams?

_Sn1P3r_
08-18-2008, 10:44 AM
I guess they will both play in the preseason and use that to decide.

pebloemer
08-18-2008, 10:55 AM
I want the black jersey too........when does that get released....is it just me or does it seem this off season taking forever to get over with....I pumped about this season.....Go Raps...my question is , hassan adams was brought in to play the back up spot at the shooting gaurd, I think......But in summer camp Joey graham out played hassan adams......Who will get mins first Joey or Hassan adams?

I don't think Joey Graham is an option at SG. He is more of a 3/4 than a 2. I also am not sure Joey can stay on the floor - it is a looser whistle in summer league but he still can't stop fouling. Hassan Adams wasn't brought in to score, just play defense, if he does his job, he will get much more time on the floor than Joey.

Tom Stone
08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't think Joey Graham is an option at SG. He is more of a 3/4 than a 2. I also am not sure Joey can stay on the floor - it is a looser whistle in summer league but he still can't stop fouling. Hassan Adams wasn't brought in to score, just play defense, if he does his job, he will get much more time on the floor than Joey.

Yeah, I would agree with that.........But joey did have a great summer camp, scoreing about 20 a game, I think people get to caught up with are you a 2 or a 3...I think all you have to do... to play the 2 is ......put the ball in the hoop and joey shot the three ball good in summer too......It doesn't really send a good message, if joey doesn't get a chance, for playing time....the message would be....it doesn't matter how hard or good you play in off season, the coach will do whatever he wants.......I know thats the case anyway....but playing time is supposed to be earnt not given......I look forward to preseason to see joey and hassan go at it and Roko and Will solomon........p.s you could play kopono at back up two and play joey at the back up three...there alot of differnt combos we could put out there.......and I would also like to say hassan may not have out scored joey in summer camp, but he did alot of good thinghs out there, with husstle....I think with our solid point gaurd play hassan fits nicely.......Scrappy D and fast break ball

star
08-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I would agree with that.........But joey did have a great summer camp, scoreing about 20 a game, I think people get to caught up with are you a 2 or a 3...I think all you have to do... to play the 2 is ......put the ball in the hoop and joey shot the three ball good in summer too......It doesn't really send a good message, if joey doesn't get a chance, for playing time....the message would be....it doesn't matter how hard or good you play in off season, the coach will do whatever he wants.......I know thats the case anyway....but playing time is supposed to be earnt not given......I look forward to preseason to see joey and hassan go at it and Roko and Will solomon........p.s you could play kopono at back up two and play joey at the back up three...there alot of differnt combos we could put out there.......and I would also like to say hassan may not have out scored joey in summer camp, but he did alot of good thinghs out there, with husstle....I think with our solid point gaurd play hassan fits nicely.......Scrappy D and fast break ball

Actually ... your wrong ... a 2 does not ONLY have to score ... i dont know if you know of this thing called defense ... he could not gaurd any other 2's in the leauge ...

by your twisted logic "all a 2 has to do is score" we could put andrea at 2 .... good call buddy

Bob_at_york
08-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Good question about the black uniforms. Speaking about the pre-season tickets, I think packages are going to be announced later this week.

North Yorker
08-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Am I the only one that thinks Joey's best position for him is at the 4? It seems like he's a lot more active when playing down low, especially on the offensive boards.

I actually like to see Bargs and Joey on the floor at the same time, and on offence with Bargs playing the 3 spot on the outside where he seems most comfortable, and Joey playin the 4. Just on offence mind you. It would also take Bargs defender(who might be a shot blocker or good defensive big) out of the lane and give either JO or Bosh(whoever is on the floor) more room to work with down low.