PDA

View Full Version : who do you people....

kkkobbee
08-17-2008, 11:21 PM
think is more ovverrATED?

LEBRON JAMES

KOBE BRYANT

THE BOSTON CELTICS

THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS

CHRIS PAUL

DWAYNE WADE

ANDREW BYNUM

GREG ODEN

Yao ming

Jay22Redd
08-17-2008, 11:31 PM
Bynum

JordansBulls
08-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Bynum for sure, this was the same guy the team was thinking of trading for JO as well as give up Lamar Odom. Bynum has a few good games and all of a sudden he is the best player since sliced bread or so it seems.

PhillyLuver
If I say Kobe will you haunt me?

cmellofan15
Oden: Hasn't played a game and say he's a premier center... He's still good but I don't know how its gonna pan out

superkegger
08-17-2008, 11:39 PM
I'd say Mike James.

DreamShaker
08-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Bynum.

Vidball
08-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Prince--he's been getting that 'underrated' label for so long that people overrate him now.

DreamShaker
08-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Prince--he's been getting that 'underrated' label for so long that people overrate him now.

I think Prince is rated correctly....he's a role player....

WillisLovechild
08-17-2008, 11:58 PM
this is between two people, bynum and oden. although im a laker fan, bynum has only played really well for a handful of games this past season. i think he'll back it up this year, but i agree that he has gotten a little bit too much praise for the small number of games he's played. and oden would be second IMO. he hasn't played a pro game yet, so we all need to hold judgement before we call him great, or terrible for that matter.

Reyes6
08-18-2008, 12:29 AM
what do you mean you people?

What do YOU mean you people?

HUH!

And my answer is Kobe. Don't.... killl...... me.

JJ81
08-18-2008, 12:35 AM
Bynum isn't overrated, before he was injured he was playing so well that people were talking about the Lakers making the finals due to his vast improvement. He only had a chance to play "a few games", so just wait for it to pan out.

I dont think Kobe or LeBron can be labled as overrated when they ARE the 2 best players in the league.

Celtics cant be overrated as they won the championship.

Lakers aren't overrated as they made the finals.

Greg Oden hasn't played yet so we'll have to wait to see if he's being overrated.

If you're gonna make a thread like this dont make the options the best players in the league.

kylem4711
08-18-2008, 12:38 AM
bynum for sure.

bball1217
08-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Bynum, because he averaged good numbers in 35 games with 13/10/2 and now every Laker fan expects him to be a franchise center. Also he is coming off a knee injury.

I still think he will be great in the future, but for now with his expectations, IMO he is overrated.

Antbanks21
08-18-2008, 01:23 AM
Greg Oden hasn't proven anything yet and
Bynum has shown the NBA that he can compete with the Bigs
(Bynum had good games against Kaman, Stoudemire, JO, Dalembert, Biedrins, Ilgauskas and others)

laker1000
08-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Oden, hasnt played one second in the nba and is already great for some

BRADfromOZ
08-18-2008, 02:24 AM
Oden is yet to play an NBA game so has to be the most overrated.

Kyben36
08-18-2008, 02:35 AM
Oden is over rated but He is coming in like Dwight Howard Did. I think he will make at least a good impact when he comes in and will help that franchise.

For me it has to be BYNUM

13/10 is good number. But he is in his 3rd season. Noah put up 10/10 his Rok Season after teh Trade. Does that make him "GREAT"

Now all I can see in LA Lakers Forum is that they would not trade Bynum for Howard Strait up even if it was posible. There was one that said that He would be there New Shaq. I even saw one that Said " Who should we build around, Kobe or Bynum" ???????:confused:

My guese is that Bynum will not improve much more then what he is already. Maybe 15 and 10 at max but now he will probably do worse now that Gasol is there with him. Bynum is now the 4 option on that team. Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and then Bynum as far as I see. But he will never put up more then 15 ppg in a single season unless he is the only option as a big man on the team. Now that Gasol is there, bynums stats will go Down.

All lakers fans act like Bynum is going to be a Beast. a 20 and 10 man who will dominate everyone. even better then Shaq.

Best Day in the history of mankind. When California detatches from the USA and Sinks to the Botom of the Ocean. Then we wont have to listen to lakers fans say how great every player on their team is.

SHONIE
08-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Bynum is grossly overrated. He's too slow to be as good as people think.

_Sn1P3r_
08-18-2008, 10:20 AM
From the list, Bynum. Bynum had a good part of the season, but not the whole season due to injuries.

XJW18
08-18-2008, 10:25 AM
idk how u guys are saying Bynum over Oden...
when we've seen what Andrew is cappable of!
and Greg can't even get on the court!!

XJW18
08-18-2008, 10:27 AM
Oden is over rated but He is coming in like Dwight Howard Did. I think he will make at least a good impact when he comes in and will help that franchise.

13/10 is good number. But he is in his 3rd season. Noah put up 10/10 his Rok Season after teh Trade. Does that make him "GREAT"

Now all I can see in LA Lakers Forum is that they would not trade Bynum for Howard Strait up even if it was posible. There was one that said that He would be there New Shaq. I even saw one that Said " Who should we build around, Kobe or Bynum" ???????:confused:

My guese is that Bynum will not improve much more then what he is already. Maybe 15 and 10 at max but now he will probably do worse now that Gasol is there with him. Bynum is now the 4 option on that team. Kobe, Gasol, Odom, and then Bynum as far as I see. But he will never put up more then 15 ppg in a single season unless he is the only option as a big man on the team. Now that Gasol is there, bynums stats will go Down.

All lakers fans act like Bynum is going to be a Beast. a 20 and 10 man who will dominate everyone. even better then Shaq.

Best Day in the history of mankind. When California detatches from the USA and Sinks to the Botom of the Ocean. Then we wont have to listen to lakers fans say how great every player on their team is.

Bynum will be the number 3 ahead OF LO!

CELTICS4LYFE
08-18-2008, 01:15 PM
bynum....he good...even real good.....but lakers fans praise him as a god lol move over kobe!!!! lol

Westbrook36
08-18-2008, 01:17 PM
PG: Bynum
SG: Bynum
SF: Bynum
PF: Bynum
C: Bynum

Born2BWild
08-18-2008, 01:20 PM

thats crazy talk. i'll state the obvious and say when bynum played that little bit he showed spurts. i agree wit pau bynum wont get many touches. i think bynum can be a solid starter in this league for years. i would NEVER build a team around him.

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-18-2008, 01:25 PM
well i dont believe in over-rated players but over-hyped players, and for that matter bynum and oden both have not really proved anything to me at the nba level...
Robert Horry is over-rated, that is the only player IMO (so glad someone posted that article.)

fins08
08-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Lakers, anyone watch the finals?

JWalk126
08-18-2008, 01:48 PM

HUH!

damn, you beat me to it, and I didnt even see the movie yet

why is oden even on the list? we dont know yet if he will show what is expected of him... youre going to say he is overrated because he got injured, I guess its fair since it might be his fault (no sarcasm intended)

I'm not going to say Kobe or Lebron. because whatever they do, they still give a show, which is whats expected from them

dick butane
08-18-2008, 01:58 PM

HUH!

And my answer is Kobe. Don't.... killl...... me.

It took 11 posts to get someone with a sense of humor to address the thread's title. Good lookin out.

Baron Davis.

MiamiHeat
08-18-2008, 01:58 PM
I think Bynum is overrated by the Lakers fans
we all saw what he could do, but Lakers are overrating him way too much
like they are overrating Kobe

nalej85
08-19-2008, 01:35 PM
well i dont believe in over-rated players but over-hyped players, and for that matter bynum and oden both have not really proved anything to me at the nba level...
Robert Horry is over-rated, that is the only player IMO (so glad someone posted that article.)

You made a great point of differing over-rated from over-hyped. I'm a Lakers fan but an NBA fan first. I see things realistically; that being said, Bynum did extremely well last season. It was refreshing to see a center not fumble a pass, miss a lay up(Kwame), or rack up more fouls than rebounds (Mihm).He put up solid consistent numbers and got even better as the season progressed. He also dealt with Phil Jackson's negligence to give him more than 30 minutes per game. He had to share time with "Sloppy" Brown. C'mon what unbiased person would make him split time with Kwame? I think it was Phil's way of saying to Jim Buss, " I call the shots even though Bynum is your teacher's pet." He overcame Kobe's attitude about him and Phil's "I'm-the-Man-Complex" . I don't think he's over-rated. He is what he is, a solid,young,improving center. He'll be coming off a bad knee injury so it will be interesting to see how he responds.

Greg Oden, on the other hand played 1/2 year of college basketball. He is coming off the worst injury of any player in the last year. Lamarcus Alridge is already turning into a stud and plays the majority in the post. I know I will be getting plenty of hate for this next comment..... I think Aldridge will be better than Oden. I see Oden as more of a defensive player . He almost seems like a reincarnation of a younger Mutombo. I like his game but I think Oden is the most over-rated thus far.

Lone Maverick
08-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Has to be Bynum.

I get that Oden has yet to even play in the NBA and Bynum has, but people base Greg off the skills he used in college (kinda like every other rookie). Bynum started the year off as a bum then he was a God, the missing link to another dynasty :confused:

Lakersfan2483
08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
I can't wait until the start of next season and for Bynum to prove all the haters wrong, he's a good center. He will avg. 15ppg and 10rpg next season. It will be great to shut everyone up, he has a chance to be really good.

Scheck
08-19-2008, 03:26 PM
How can Oden be overrated, we have no clue what he will play like in the nba

laexpress
08-19-2008, 04:34 PM
I suppose you'd really have to beg the question, Overrated by whom? Us laker fans DO tend to overstate things a bit, but outside of our forums, who else is really Over-Rating Andrew Bynum? All of the "experts" from the tv and internet and magazines all begin with the caveat, "IF bynum returns to health and the way he was playing last season...." so they are being careful not to over-rate him. Oden? Most say, it depends on how he responds to his rehab on his knee. If you were to say someone was "Over-Rated", hmmmm, this is a toughie.

WOW, I just voted and see that five people consider Kobe Bryant "Over Rated" yet, conclusively, the ONLY Player he is EVER compared to is none other than the consensus "Best to Ever Play The Game" and y'all think he's overrated? Explain...

SIX people consider LeBron James Over-Rated, yet, there's not a SINGLE player who can guard him, AND his jumpshot is NOT deadly, he's mediocre at best from three point range, AND lead a team of, let's face it, mediocre players to the NBA finals at the ripe, veteran age of what...22, and THIS GUY you say is overrated?!?!?!?! PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!

Raidaz4Life
08-19-2008, 04:47 PM
I'll say Arenas although I'm not sure how so many people have Bynum considering the only people that rate him anything are Lakers fans. I'd say he's proved quite a bit showing he can put a 15-10 at only 20 years of age.

SeoulBeatz
08-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Bynum is overrated.

he is a very good player, dont get me wrong, but fans on here (most particularly Laker fans) think he's the second coming of Kareem.... its getting rediculous, and rather annoying.

Hawkeye15
08-19-2008, 04:59 PM
Bynum isn't overrated, before he was injured he was playing so well that people were talking about the Lakers making the finals due to his vast improvement. He only had a chance to play "a few games", so just wait for it to pan out.

I dont think Kobe or LeBron can be labled as overrated when they ARE the 2 best players in the league.

Celtics cant be overrated as they won the championship.

Lakers aren't overrated as they made the finals.

Greg Oden hasn't played yet so we'll have to wait to see if he's being overrated.

If you're gonna make a thread like this dont make the options the best players in the league.

The NBA season is 82 games. Every year there are players that start fast and fade, for many reason, like endurance, scouting figures them out, etc. Bynum needs to prove his is a reliable, starting center for a whole season, plus playoffs before he deserves anything more than the potential tag. And Oden hasn't played and NBA game yet. He deserves zero respect until proven otherwise.

SC1211
08-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Bynum is GROSSLY overrated.

Hawkeye15
08-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I can't wait until the start of next season and for Bynum to prove all the haters wrong, he's a good center. He will avg. 15ppg and 10rpg next season. It will be great to shut everyone up, he has a chance to be really good.

how is 15-10 an elite player though? That is the thing. Most gripe because there is a monster likelyhood he will never turn into anything more than that, yet, some think he is the next dominant center. He has no post moves, lives off putbacks, an penetration handoffs. Let him prove he is worth hype at all.

Hawkeye15
08-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I suppose you'd really have to beg the question, Overrated by whom? Us laker fans DO tend to overstate things a bit, but outside of our forums, who else is really Over-Rating Andrew Bynum? All of the "experts" from the tv and internet and magazines all begin with the caveat, "IF bynum returns to health and the way he was playing last season...." so they are being careful not to over-rate him. Oden? Most say, it depends on how he responds to his rehab on his knee. If you were to say someone was "Over-Rated", hmmmm, this is a toughie.

WOW, I just voted and see that five people consider Kobe Bryant "Over Rated" yet, conclusively, the ONLY Player he is EVER compared to is none other than the consensus "Best to Ever Play The Game" and y'all think he's overrated? Explain...

SIX people consider LeBron James Over-Rated, yet, there's not a SINGLE player who can guard him, AND his jumpshot is NOT deadly, he's mediocre at best from three point range, AND lead a team of, let's face it, mediocre players to the NBA finals at the ripe, veteran age of what...22, and THIS GUY you say is overrated?!?!?!?! PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!

the MJ comparisons were never justified period, and after the finals, that comparison should be dead. Forever. Kobe is, and never will be in the same breath as Michael Jordan. It is an insult to Jordan to even mention Kobe with him.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Bynum hasn't really proved much to me, and he gets a lot of recognition.

Solid player to say the least but at the same time to say the most.

Vinny642
08-19-2008, 07:13 PM
OMG OMG OMG CP3 OVERRATED IMA CRY OMFG OMFG OMFG
U people who think Cp3 is overrated is on some crack.

Vinny642
08-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Bynum is he play 40 games and now he is the next shaq?

Hawkeye15
08-19-2008, 07:27 PM
Bynum hasn't really proved much to me, and he gets a lot of recognition.

Solid player to say the least but at the same time to say the most.

totally. Emaka Okafor is solid. Put him on a contender, and the experts talk about how awesome he is. Can you imagine if Al Jefferson would have found his way onto the Lakers? OMG, they would be talking top 3 PF ever

JJ81
08-19-2008, 07:39 PM
like they are overrating Kobe

You can't overrate the best player on the planet

S.J.Basketball
08-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Gotta go with oden. The guy hasnt even stepped on the court yet for god sakes!!!! He's gonna be as soft as a feathered pillow man.

MiamiHeat
08-19-2008, 07:50 PM
You can't overrate the best player on the planet

yes you can lol

Tha Truth
08-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Elton Brand

MiamiHeat
08-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Elton Brand

Phillie fans will come and hunt you down
:p

Beno7500
08-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Greg Oden, Andrew Bynum, Dwyane Wade.

MiamiHeat
08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Greg Oden, Andrew Bynum, Dwyane Wade.

:mad::speechless:

ARMIN12NBA
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
Has to be Bynum.

I get that Oden has yet to even play in the NBA and Bynum has, but people base Greg off the skills he used in college (kinda like every other rookie). Bynum started the year off as a bum then he was a God, the missing link to another dynasty :confused:

This is why I don't take people seriously.

In the second game of the NBA season verses the Phoenix Suns, Andrew Bynum had 14 points and 13 rebounds.
In the third game of the NBA season verses the Utah Jazz, Andrew Bynum had 15 points and 9 rebounds.

Those numbers are hardly numbers a bum of an NBA player would have.

In the first month of the NBA season, Bynum averaged 11 PPG and 11 RPG.
In the second month of the NBA season, Bynum averaged 14 PPG and 9 RPG.
In the third month of the NBA season, Bynum averaged 17 PPG and 12 RPG.

As a starter, Bynum averaged 14 PPG and 11 RPG. All the while, he is shooting an NBA-BEST 64% from the field.

I know that you all think he is overrated, but with some people calling him a bum and a terrible player; I think he has become one of the more underrated players in the league now.

Greg Oden did not play a game in the NBA and averaged 15 PPG and 9 RPG in college compared to Bynums 14 PPG and 11 RPG in the NBA. Greg Oden had the most serious knee surgery in microfracture knee surgery. Andrew Bynum had arthroscopic knee surgery, which is hardly serious at all.

Greg Oden is much more overrated than Bynum if Bynum is overrated at all.

I don't see how a player who has never played a game in the NBA and had a terrible surgery and is considered great by many less overrated than a player who has played pretty good for half a season in the NBA (14 and 11) and fairly well for a full year (8 and 6 in 2007) and had a minor knee surgery and is considered a bum.

lakers4sho
08-19-2008, 08:49 PM
This is why I don't take people seriously.

In the second game of the NBA season verses the Phoenix Suns, Andrew Bynum had 14 points and 13 rebounds.
In the third game of the NBA season verses the Utah Jazz, Andrew Bynum had 15 points and 9 rebounds.

Those numbers are hardly numbers a bum of an NBA player would have.

In the first month of the NBA season, Bynum averaged 11 PPG and 11 RPG.
In the second month of the NBA season, Bynum averaged 14 PPG and 9 RPG.
In the third month of the NBA season, Bynum averaged 17 PPG and 12 RPG.

As a starter, Bynum averaged 14 PPG and 11 RPG. All the while, he is shooting an NBA-BEST 64% from the field.

I know that you all think he is overrated, but with some people calling him a bum and a terrible player; I think he has become one of the more underrated players in the league now.

Greg Oden did not play a game in the NBA and averaged 15 PPG and 9 RPG in college compared to Bynums 14 PPG and 11 RPG in the NBA. Greg Oden had the most serious knee surgery in microfracture knee surgery. Andrew Bynum had arthroscopic knee surgery, which is hardly serious at all.

Greg Oden is much more overrated than Bynum if Bynum is overrated at all.

I don't see how a player who has never played a game in the NBA and had a terrible surgery and is considered great by many less overrated than a player who has played pretty good for half a season in the NBA (14 and 11) and fairly well for a full year (8 and 6 in 2007) and had a minor knee surgery and is considered a bum.

amen to that brotha! :up: