PDA

View Full Version : jeff foster is the answer

bcross90
08-17-2008, 04:47 PM
trade for jeff foster. monster rebounder to come off the bench and give depth at center. has a good jumpshot for a center and can fill the rebounding void that we lose with mutumbo if not resigned. i would like mutumbo to be hired as a assistant coach.

BRADfromOZ
08-17-2008, 05:05 PM
If Deke doesn't resign I would like to see nothing more than for him to become an assistant coach at Houston.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-17-2008, 07:11 PM
not going to happen

Jay22Redd
08-17-2008, 07:21 PM
I dont think he's a good backup for Yao

Crzycjunx76
08-18-2008, 11:14 AM
He would be an excellent backup for Yao in my opinion. You would loose nothing in shooting range so the offense could continue without loosing as much as it does when Deke is in, and Foster would provide better rebounds/min than Yao.

The reason Deke didnt get alot of time before Yao got hurt was mainly due to the fact that he has no offensive game at all. Even with Artest or Battier coming off the bench providing more offensive potential for the second unit we just cannot afford to have any players be non-factors on offense.. but Yao needs to play 35 or less min a game outside of critical regular season games and the playoffs and foster could easily give him that time off and play some at the 4 behind Scola as well.

Of course I dont think we have the ammunition to pull off a trade for Foster at this point and anyone who wants him would probably have to take Tinsley's contract to pry him away from Indiana.

astrosmaniac
08-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Foster would be a great backup but he will cost to much to trade for him, so no, its not going to happen

The83rdWonder
08-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Jeff Foster would be the perfect backup to Yao, but there's no plausible way to trade for him, Houston and Indiana are terrible trade partners.

SteveNash13
08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Not the answer. I fYao goes down, Foster isn't liable.

Renovator
08-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Plus Indiana are still looking for big guys. So they are not in the mood to give up one unless they get a better one in return.

bbinthepark
08-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Plus Indiana are still looking for big guys. So they are not in the mood to give up one unless they get a better one in return.

yea, the only way i see it happening is if we were able to sign and trade landry for him. i really think we should just go with what we have (plus landry and deke) until the trade deadline so we can properly evaluate what changes to make.. if any.