PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of Francis and get something back.

bcross90
08-17-2008, 04:25 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=255~2984&teams=3~10&te=&cash=3:10

Rockets Get:

Hilton Armstrong-Young, athletic center who can block shots and grab some boards when Yao is out of the game and can run with our small lineup.

Hornets Get:

Steve Francis- For some reason people believe in him so maybe we can dupe the hornets or they just take him to drop cap for next year

Cash Considerations

BRADfromOZ
08-17-2008, 04:38 PM
I love the sound of that one. Given a bit of time, 2 to 3 or 4 seasons, and effort I can see Hilton becoming a fine starter.

BenFrank
08-17-2008, 04:45 PM
I wish it was that easy, him 4 francis would be a excellent pick-up for us, but as long as francis stayed injured, nobody want's him.. except maybe for salary space, which probably is our only way of getting ride of him..

but, but, but... if he's healty.. he's defently worth keepin, but he's pretty much lookin like a dead franchise, like boston before KG, and RA

bball1217
08-17-2008, 05:24 PM
That would be a stab in the back to trade him imo...

A lot of Rockets' players get injured, if he comes back healthy he really can not do any wrong.

Plus he has an expring contract, so we can use his money to resign Artest maybe.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-17-2008, 07:11 PM
this is he last year

Jay22Redd
08-17-2008, 07:23 PM
I wish it was that easy, him 4 francis would be a excellent pick-up for us, but as long as francis stayed injured, nobody want's him.. except maybe for salary space, which probably is our only way of getting ride of him..

but, but, but... if he's healty.. he's defently worth keepin, but he's pretty much lookin like a dead franchise, like boston before KG, and RA

lol thats messed up

jdillion
08-17-2008, 08:49 PM
i dont think that francis is going anywhere he is a low risk high reward player for us like he is an expiring contract and anything we get from him is a plus.

TMAC94
08-17-2008, 10:52 PM
id ask new jersey for luther head for sean williams

Rhyming Rebel
08-17-2008, 10:56 PM
We'd be crazy to give up on the Franchise. I love Steve and believe he will be back with with his A game.

JordansBulls
08-17-2008, 11:21 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=255~2984&teams=3~10&te=&cash=3:10

Rockets Get:

Hilton Armstrong-Young, athletic center who can block shots and grab some boards when Yao is out of the game and can run with our small lineup.

Hornets Get:

Steve Francis- For some reason people believe in him so maybe we can dupe the hornets or they just take him to drop cap for next year

Cash Considerations

Hornets wouldn't do that deal.

Jpripper88
08-17-2008, 11:42 PM

Rockets Get:

Hornets Get:

Cash Considerations

No team is going to give up anything for Steve Francis.

BRADfromOZ
08-18-2008, 01:46 AM
We'd be crazy to give up on the Franchise. I love Steve and believe he will be back with with his A game.After being removed from his A game for 3 seasons i think you should realize that, at best, Stevie is just a backup PG.

DontNOMuch
08-18-2008, 01:47 AM
That would be a stab in the back to trade him imo...

A lot of Rockets' players get injured, if he comes back healthy he really can not do any wrong.

Plus he has an expring contract, so we can use his money to resign Artest maybe.

Houston has done that several times the last few years, sadly to see.

cbs134679
08-18-2008, 02:20 AM
Im suprised everyones counting him out already, we barely got a chance to see him on the floor last year because coach claimed he was out of shape, and him being an nba vet Im sure he'll come in better shape and more determined to make the rotation but anyway we I think should keep him, I think he would be a better matchup against the bigger point guards like deron williams,baron davis etc. Now saying he'll stop them, but he's the biggest most athletic point we have.

Jpripper88
08-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Im suprised everyones counting him out already, we barely got a chance to see him on the floor last year because coach claimed he was out of shape, and him being an nba vet Im sure he'll come in better shape and more determined to make the rotation but anyway we I think should keep him, I think he would be a better matchup against the bigger point guards like deron williams,baron davis etc. Now saying he'll stop them, but he's the biggest most athletic point we have.

Thats what I thought last year, but obviously that was not his plan or he just isn't capable anymore.

rhino17
08-18-2008, 10:16 AM
I would rather see steve try to play this year. they really dont need Hilton Armstrong. He isnt better than Landry, Scola, or Hayes. His spot would be a total waste especially with the lack of depth at pg. trading francis would give us only 2 pgs on the roster. Even if francis ends up being the #3 guy, that is more valuable than a 4th-5th string PF. Plus Francis is making practically no money, so he isnt hurting our team or anything

BRADfromOZ
08-18-2008, 04:42 PM
So who plays C if Yao is injured and we don't resign Deke? Armstrong, at 6'11", would be ideal.