PDA

View Full Version : Todd Jones placed on 15 day DL; Gary Glover called up

Humongo
08-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Tigers placed RHP Todd Jones on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to August 16, with a sore right shoulder.
Jones was just activated on Friday, but he had a disastrous outing that night, surrendering five runs in 2/3 innings while walking three. If he's going to be that ineffective, the Tigers might as well shut him down for the rest of the season. Fernando Rodney should get the majority of save opportunities. Kyle Farnsworth also figures to get some chances.

-Rotoworld

Gary Glover was called up.

Bondomania
08-17-2008, 02:37 PM
********.. why do we sign all these washed up guys.. he was brutal in Tampa this year, and got cut.. i don't get why we didn't call up Fien or Cruceta.. the season is all but over.. might as well get some of the kids up here and see what they can do

mark1125
08-17-2008, 08:09 PM
********.. why do we sign all these washed up guys.. he was brutal in Tampa this year, and got cut.. i don't get why we didn't call up Fien or Cruceta.. the season is all but over.. might as well get some of the kids up here and see what they can do

2 words.........Jim Leyland

coltsfan11
08-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Wasn't he just off the DL for like 2 days? Now he's back on. This is to bad for him, I think he should just shut it down for the year honestly. The Tigers are not going anywhere, so don't hurt next season to come back fast and play again this year. Just let it heal naturally and don't rush it. That's the best way to end your career.

Sheffies Chef
08-18-2008, 10:52 AM
jones is a washed up bum who is an idiot for thinking he can help this club.

JackB
08-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I agree with Bondo on this one. At this point give one or two of the young guys a shot. Jones should just be released. Its also safe to say Zumaya won't be a factor for the rest of the year either. He has visited the DL what three times now. This could be an on going problem. To even consider him as the closer of the future is asking for trouble. I think we need to spend some money and sign FRod. A proven closer.Its clear the closer for next year is NOT on this team.

smarkow
08-18-2008, 12:28 PM
I think the first order of business should be to find an every day starter. Verlander is fine. he's had a bad year. Let's hope it doesnt continue. The Bonderman situation was difficult and hopefully he'll be able to return. but, that's questionable too. Kenny should not be resigned....another year older...ugh. Robertson...enough has been said on this board about him...consistently inconsistent is my favorite way to describe him. Starting pitching is a major priority. you can't win games without starting pitching. as much as the BP is important, we need guys that can get us through the 6th inning, not just into it

JackB
08-18-2008, 02:38 PM
Agree

Bondomania
08-19-2008, 11:58 AM
yea, i agree.. i feel like with our last draft and with all our prospects, our strength currently is BP.. if our minor league system has a strength, haha.. we are loaded with guys that project to be solid BP arms. Invest in SP in the offseason, get another guy in here to take some pressure off of Verlander, that way you also have a killer rotation. I think we need someone to be the leader on the staff, someone that is going to really push Verlander and Bonderman