View Full Version : Magic Starting Lineup For Upcoming Season

Z-ray21
08-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Pg-- Jameer Nelson
Sg-- Mickael Pietrus
Sf-- Turkoglu(expecting 20/5/5)
Pf-- Rashard Lewis
C -- Dwight 'd12' Howard

If The Magic Could Sign Spanish Pf Fran Vasquez Tha Team Would Be Very Deep. They Could Sometimes Move Turk To Tha 2 And Rashard To The 3 Than Play Vasquez And D12 Down Low

What Do You Gys Think

HouRealCoach
08-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Thats a good lineup but they need another big

Reezy
08-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Yeah, well Battie is coming back so that alone should help. But re-signing Adonal Foyle was a bad move.

chad78
08-17-2008, 02:00 PM
nelson pietrus lewis battie and howard with turk as the sixth man

The Melky Way
08-17-2008, 02:41 PM
This is probably our best starting lineup that we can put out on the floor:

PG: Nelson
SG: Bogans
SF: Turkologu
PF: Lewis
C: Howard
6th Man: Pietrus

Bogans is a good defender and has shown that he can be a decent offensive option, then it allows for the following the depth chart:

PG: Nelson / Johnson
SG: Bogans / Lee / Reddick
SF: Turkologu / Pietrus / Garrity
PF: Lewis / Cook / Gortat
C: Howard / Battie / Foyle

Lundbelievable
08-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Nelson
Pietrus
Lewis
Battie
Howard

This allows Turk to play big minutes off the bench and can stimulate the offense when Lewis leaves along w/ Lee. This line-up also lets 'Shard play the 3. Then, we can have Gortat back up Howard and Cook can be a PF who can spread the floor. Finally, Foyle will be an Xtra big who can block shots.

*Superman*
08-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Nelson
Pietrus
Lewis
Battie
Howard

This allows Turk to play big minutes off the bench and can stimulate the offense when Lewis leaves along w/ Lee. This line-up also lets 'Shard play the 3. Then, we can have Gortat back up Howard and Cook can be a PF who can spread the floor. Finally, Foyle will be an Xtra big who can block shots.

:clap: Our addition of Peitrus and getting Tony back gives us a more flexible roster. I agree that we should have Hedo come of the bench. Because i don't like Shard at the PF position, and would prefer Battie to take care of that. I don't think having Bogans start for us will happen or else we over-paid for Pietrus.

Reezy
08-17-2008, 09:56 PM
Can't Turkoglu play the 2 position well too?

I need to see Pietrus play before I get a better opinion of him, but I hear he's turnover happy.

atomik102
08-18-2008, 02:20 AM
1.Nelson 2.Pietrus 3.Lewis 4. Battie 5.Howard Turgs 6th man should and will play 2 and 3 with lewis on the floor espically if we need scoring or if howard gets in foul trouble,I think bogans will start and if Pietrus does what Evans did then Pietrus will be starting

Lundbelievable
08-18-2008, 08:12 AM
1.Nelson 2.Pietrus 3.Lewis 4. Battie 5.Howard Turgs 6th man should and will play 2 and 3 with lewis on the floor espically if we need scoring or if howard gets in foul trouble,I think bogans will start and if Pietrus does what Evans did then Pietrus will be starting

I think Pietrus will be starting no matter what. If not, then we wasted some 24 million on a bench player. He's better than Bogans and Evans. He can actually dribble in addition to shoot. He's better defensively and can rebound. If Turk comes off the bench(like he should) Xpect the Magic to SOMETIMES(but not a lot) go to that line-up we had last season, w/ Lewis at the four and Bogans or Pietrus at the SG.

Its interesting bc w/ having Turk off the bench, what happens to the logjam at SG? Is it gonna be Lee, Bogans or Reddick soaking up the backup minutes? We mite as well trade one of the latter two. Both become free agents after this season.

Reezy
08-18-2008, 01:59 PM
I definitely see us trading Bogans in the near future.

*Superman*
08-18-2008, 05:16 PM
IDK, I actually like Bogans coming of the bench. He can help play D and is a solid 3 shooter from the corner. No offense, but i rather see JJ leave because he is not gonna work out here, unless he gets some minutes this season, but then we also have Lee so IDK what will happen...

*Superman*
08-18-2008, 05:19 PM
]Can't Turkoglu play the 2 position well too?[/B]

I need to see Pietrus play before I get a better opinion of him, but I hear he's turnover happy.

IMO that would be a good position for him, but SVG and Otis signed MP to that contract to be a starter not a bench warmer.

On being turnover happy, yeah i have also heard that from GS fans, about how he steps on the line:pity:I hope he doesn't do that here.

SteveNash13
08-18-2008, 09:08 PM
Pg-- Jameer Nelson
Sg-- Mickael Pietrus
Sf-- Turkoglu(expecting 20/5/5)
Pf-- Rashard Lewis
C -- Dwight 'd12' Howard

If The Magic Could Sign Spanish Pf Fran Vasquez Tha Team Would Be Very Deep. They Could Sometimes Move Turk To Tha 2 And Rashard To The 3 Than Play Vasquez And D12 Down Low

What Do You Gys Think

Good.

*Superman*
08-18-2008, 10:20 PM
^We would get the most offense out of that line-up but i want Shard at his regular spot and Battie starting PF, with Turk as 6th man, playing a Ginobilli role.

POZUNO
08-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Yall definitely need another big. Ratliff?

Hope Hedo finally gets to be an all star next season. The dude played his heart out last season and got robbed.

Lundbelievable
08-19-2008, 08:00 AM
^We would get the most offense out of that line-up but i want Shard at his regular spot and Battie starting PF, with Turk as 6th man, playing a Ginobilli role.

Xactly b/c guys-think about the rotation if Turkoglu starts. When Howard, Turk and Lewis go to he bench, who is gonna lead our offense? Bogans?? We'll have no firepower. But if you bring Turk off the pine, you have someone who can score and dish out assists. And he can still play like 35+ minutes a game, its just that he would be doing it from the bench.(much like Leandro Barbosa and Manu Ginobili.) He would still be SUPER-effective.

Chris36Chambers
08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Turk is definitely a player who can avg 18 starting or off the bench like Ginobilli, but Shard will be ineffective off the bench he is one of those players that need to be involved to early to contribute.

macc
08-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Hello to all, this is my first post but a long time lurker, I agree with the majority of what you all say but also disagree at times. With that being said I would def like to see Hedo come off the bench, I would start MP at the 2 since he has the speed to guard the peremeter and has a nice offensive game as well. With Hedo, Courtney Lee and Bogans coming off the bench that would give us a pretty decent deep bench. But that's just me.

Stay Classy

macc
08-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Also what happened to Fran Vasquez? Is he going to join us? Is he worth a damn?

Stay Classy

Reezy
08-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Welcome to the Orlando Magic forum, macc!

macc
08-20-2008, 05:40 PM

Thanks brother, been a Magic fan since Shaq joined the league 16 years ago and when the Magic had the best starting 5 in the nba at the time with Shaq, Penny, Dennis Scott, Nick Anderson and Horace Grant.

*Superman*
08-20-2008, 10:06 PM

I knew they weren't all spam bots.:D

Welcome home macc.

macc
08-20-2008, 11:32 PM
I knew they weren't all spam bots.:D

Welcome home macc.

Thanks man

Lundbelievable
08-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Hello to all, this is my first post but a long time lurker, I agree with the majority of what you all say but also disagree at times. With that being said I would def like to see Hedo come off the bench, I would start MP at the 2 since he has the speed to guard the peremeter and has a nice offensive game as well. With Hedo, Courtney Lee and Bogans coming off the bench that would give us a pretty decent deep bench. But that's just me.

Stay Classy

lol i was the same way. I used to just lurk and read what ppl thought until I decided it was best to add my 2 cents in lol

*Superman*
08-21-2008, 11:07 PM
^ And we are glad you do. This is one boring off-season.

MagicMan92
08-22-2008, 05:06 AM
PG: Nelson/PG from trade/Johnson
SG:Pietrus/Lee/Bogans
SF:Rashard/Hedo
PF:Tony Battie/Brian cook/
C:D12/Marcin Gortat/Adonal Foyle

I dont see JJ reddick staying with the magics. IMO, we trade him for a quality back up PG

$ NyC $
08-28-2008, 10:59 AM
im a knicks fan...but honestly the magic have a crazy athletic starting 5..a pretty versatile 5...i think all you guy's need is a solid big and a good scorer off the bench and your set

Lundbelievable
08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
im a knicks fan...but honestly the magic have a crazy athletic starting 5..a pretty versatile 5...i think all you guy's need is a solid big and a good scorer off the bench and your set

That could be remedied if Turkoglu comes off the bench as I(and others) mentioned earlier. This way, there is no point in our offensive game in which we will have difficulty generating offense.

And dont know if you had him in mind, but we are getting Battie back. I think he, along with Gortat, Cook and Foyle, are sufficient ENOUGH to GET BY.(obviously, we would like something better, but unfortunately we do not have a lot of flexibility in which to make deals).

But Turk could still average 30+ minutes a nite, but jus be doing it from the bench. This allows Lewis to play the SF position along with Howard at the 5, Battie as our PF and Pietrus and Nelson at the guard spots.

Reezy
08-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Yep, I'd be willing to be we could find somebody better than Foyle easily, even with not much cash to spend.

Lundbelievable
08-28-2008, 04:31 PM
Yeah, well Battie is coming back so that alone should help. But re-signing Adonal Foyle was a bad move.

In my personal opinion, not really, considering the low price he came with. Although he really doesn't possess an offensive game, Foyle is still very much so serviceable at the least. Think of him as Alonzo Mourning Lite: he comes in with the mindset that he is going to challenge every shot, layup and dunk, no matter what. Also, he is a good locker room guy(as well as a positive contributor to the community; Warriors fans will attest to that) and perhaps can impart to Dwight Howard pertinent keys to being successful defensively, relying not just on sheer athleticism and size but rather, intelligence.

Since we desperately needed a another big to fill the roster spot, I have no problem that it is Foyle.

Reezy
08-30-2008, 02:40 AM
If you insist. I believe there were just better options out there.