PDA

View Full Version : Olympics: Boxing in Beijing

Sports Illustrator
08-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Has anyone been following up on boxing during this Olympics period in Beijing? Most, or I should say all boxers are amateurs and are developing into professionals for the most part. It's good to watch these boxing matches because you get an idea of what type of boxers we may be seeing in the future on HBO, Paperview and etc. There have been many boxers during the past that have developed, fought in the Olympics and turned into professionals later on. A prime example of that is Bernard Hopkins.

blujaysrock
08-17-2008, 10:27 AM
I watched that American guy fight a couple times, the one that's only 19 he's lightning quick, i can't recall his name though

krazylegz
08-19-2008, 03:28 AM
i tried to get into it,but the scoring is so flawed,i just change the channel

Sports Illustrator
08-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I don't really happen to know the names of any of the boxers fighting in Beijing, but at times it has been tough for me to stay in the same channel watching the fighters box against each other. Some of the fighters I've seen are very young and have a lot to learn. I also haven't seen any potential stud out there as of late either, a potential stud that could be really famous in the boxing world.

Jimi032890
08-22-2008, 07:19 PM
ya i dont understand the scoring very well. i still have enjoyed watching it here and there

Sports Illustrator
08-22-2008, 10:26 PM
ya i dont understand the scoring very well. i still have enjoyed watching it here and there

It goes by the number of times that you've hit your opponent and how how you've hit him. Definitely a weird system of scoring, but it's an experience for all of us to learn and know about. This is how boxing is scored in a lot of the international countries.

BRAVE KID
08-24-2008, 12:06 AM
At first I was looking forward to boxing int he olympics but the scoring is so corrupt it's ridiculous and I have lost my interest in it.