PDA

View Full Version : Yao narrowly avoids injury

Sports Illustrator
08-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Yao Ming almost reinjured his foot because of a media crunch. After the US hammered China, 101-70, a week ago, Yao was being interviewed behind a mixed zone barrier, primarily by Chinese media, when they got so excited that they began falling forward and came very close to pushing the barrier on his feet and falling on him. Yao backed up quickly, kept the barrier at bay with his hands, and motioned to them in a disgusted manner to move back before departing.

From Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/08/17/points_in_transition/?page=3)

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-17-2008, 11:44 AM
ok

bball1217
08-17-2008, 11:46 AM
ok

Again with the "ok," just STOP IT.

IT IS NOT NEEDED.

Jay22Redd
08-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Again with the "ok," just STOP IT.

IT IS NOT NEEDED.

lol he tryna get his post count up.

But this is not necessary. If he didnt get hurt, its no use in saying it.

Tmac to da rack
08-17-2008, 02:27 PM
ok:eyebrow:

DontNOMuch
08-18-2008, 01:43 AM
ok :D

{}
08-18-2008, 05:09 AM
ok :D

Watch out, one of those non-rocket mods might ban you for trying to be as dorky as them. Just kidding, it's all about preserving bandwidth and page space, uh huh. ;)

...but seriously, who ups their post count? I'd rather have 400 posts showing than my 2k. At the very least there needs to an option to turn off the post count display for those of us who see it as a badge of shame rather than honor.

Rhyming Rebel
08-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Watch out, one of those non-rocket mods might ban you for trying to be as dorky as them. Just kidding, it's all about preserving bandwidth and page space, uh huh. ;)

...but seriously, who ups their post count? I'd rather have 400 posts showing than my 2k. At the very least there needs to an option to turn off the post count display for those of us who see it as a badge of shame rather than honor.

I thought we were just posting to have someone to talk to about sports mainly the rockets. Call me ********, but I never really paid attention to the post count until now. My wife laughs at me because I get online to debate with u all. She would die laughing if I told her I wanted to raise my post count.

DontNOMuch
08-18-2008, 06:50 PM

See? All I did was to copy and said "ok" and it opened up such a great topic. Sometimes you don't have to say too much to get the job done.:cool:

DontNOMuch
08-18-2008, 06:51 PM
I thought we were just posting to have someone to talk to about sports mainly the rockets. Call me ********, but I never really paid attention to the post count until now. My wife laughs at me because I get online to debate with u all. She would die laughing if I told her I wanted to raise my post count.

I never knew the count existed either till this thread. No one here is childish enough to raise post count, at least I hope...

JordansBulls
08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
From Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/08/17/points_in_transition/?page=3)

I have a bad feeling about this.:cry:

grega1976
08-18-2008, 08:23 PM

you and me both brother... my wife gets all mean about it too.. saying since none of my friends will argue with me I have to do it with strangers etc.. etc ...

Yah add 1 to the count

stevefrancis
08-18-2008, 08:42 PM
dildo

{}
08-19-2008, 07:51 AM

I think you have to be a virgin with a bad case of acne to be impressed by a post count, or even notice it.

I never knew it was a big deal among some people until a few months ago. I saw a thread in another forum where members were comparing and bragging about the size of their post count. :laugh2: