PDA

View Full Version : To All The Doubters

SilverRedstone
08-17-2008, 01:23 AM
For those of you loyal patriot fans...like myself.....IF you ever wondered if our 2007 team was the best team ever assembled, then wonder no more....:)...because i just found a site that allows you to simulate any game, between any team of all time...85 bears vs 07 pats? we could get a great estimated guess on that ...or how bout the 72 dolphins against our pats....We could find that out too......AND FOR THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NY GIANTS:mad: i just wonder how the real score should have looked? if you want/.....just ask me for what you want to see simulated and i willl get the results as soon as possible. Just tell me 1. what team vs what team (ex. 72 phins vs 97 pats) 2. if you want the play by play with the box score, or 3. just the boxscore

METS4LIFE1988
08-18-2008, 12:57 AM
For those of you loyal patriot fans...like myself.....IF you ever wondered if our 2007 team was the best team ever assembled, then wonder no more....:)...because i just found a site that allows you to simulate any game, between any team of all time...85 bears vs 07 pats? we could get a great estimated guess on that ...or how bout the 72 dolphins against our pats....We could find that out too......AND FOR THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPION NY GIANTS:mad: i just wonder how the real score should have looked? if you want/.....just ask me for what you want to see simulated and i willl get the results as soon as possible. Just tell me 1. what team vs what team (ex. 72 phins vs 97 pats) 2. if you want the play by play with the box score, or 3. just the boxscore

:rolleyes:

mr. burns
08-18-2008, 01:11 AM

of course if you were the greatest team of all time and still lost.

G-Men10
08-18-2008, 01:30 PM
You can simulate all you want. I hope you play Madden 1,000 times. It won't change history. 18 wins 1 GIANT loss.

mr. burns
08-19-2008, 05:17 AM
dbroncos78087, how was the last part of my post not "needed" it was the whoel point of the post and it wasn't baiting or attacking other posters. It was making teh very legitmate point that if you beleive that teh pats were the objectively the best team in history and they lost the super bowl to a a 10-6 wild card team whom they had already beaten. that would be teh biggest choke in nfl history, bigger than the colts losing tot the jets in super bowl three.

sportpro70
08-19-2008, 07:48 PM
why cant pats fans like this guy just get over the fact that they lost the super bowl and were NOT the greatest team ever.

trucolorz91
08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
You dont have to go undefeated to be the greatest team. Look at the 85 bears, possibly the greatest team ever, 18-1. Look at the 2007 patriots 18-1 we broke plenty of records and as you can tell have plenty of haters. Regardless we are the greatest team ever, we went undefeated with a pretty tough schedule, cant hate on that. And last tell me what your favorite team......and how close did they come to being the greatest? exactly.

sportpro70
08-19-2008, 10:47 PM
You dont have to go undefeated to be the greatest team. Look at the 85 bears, possibly the greatest team ever, 18-1. Look at the 2007 patriots 18-1 we broke plenty of records and as you can tell have plenty of haters. Regardless we are the greatest team ever, we went undefeated with a pretty tough schedule, cant hate on that. And last tell me what your favorite team......and how close did they come to being the greatest? exactly.

well, i think winning the superbowl is a definate key to being one of the greatest teams ever.. the patriots didnt win the superbowl last year, so although they did have one of the greatest seasons ever(i'll admit that even though im a jet fan) i just dont see how you can compare them to the undefeated superbowl champ 72' dolphins, or the 85' bears who lost one game, but won the superbowl. If you guys went undefeated...whats the "1" next to the 18. Unless your just talking regular season...which means nothing without the ultimate goal.

Mckphins
08-20-2008, 07:04 AM

You do have to go undefeated, and win the superbowl to be the greatest of all time. Undefeated in regular season and losing in superbowl is not the best. Yes they were one of the best, but not thee best. Only one team the 72 dolphins have gone season and playoffs unbeaten so they are clearly the best of all time. No team will overtake the dolphins until they repeat what they did. Not lose at the last hurdle. Champions don't do that.

trucolorz91
08-20-2008, 01:06 PM
You do have to go undefeated, and win the superbowl to be the greatest of all time. Undefeated in regular season and losing in superbowl is not the best. Yes they were one of the best, but not thee best. Only one team the 72 dolphins have gone season and playoffs unbeaten so they are clearly the best of all time. No team will overtake the dolphins until they repeat what they did. Not lose at the last hurdle. Champions don't do that.

If you look at the 72 dolphins schedule you will see that their opponents average winning percentage was .396, they faced no good teams and had the easiest schedules in 40 years (look it up). They didnt have flashy offensive team (in the Super Bowl they attempted 13 passes while running the ball 37 times) and their defense was more efficient than intimidating. They pretty much got handed the trophy. They were 17-0 and as i can remeber we went 18-0. How do you know if the dolphins played 2 more games they would have lost one as well. The Patriots were known to hurt you on offense and defense. And this year we have a 72 dolphins schedule, that can only lead to one thing.....THE GREATEST TEAM EVER...08' Patriots!

kbjohnson26
08-20-2008, 01:09 PM
I agree, as a pats fan.. Yeah, the year was great. Brady and Moss had two of the best individual years in History. But to call last years team the best is over the top. Undefeated in the regular season doesn't mean squat without the crown and glory.

I do think that other Pats fans need to let go of the Past and keep an eye on the future. No matter which way you slice it... The Pats were outplayed and lost. And that's the bottom line.

trucolorz91
08-20-2008, 07:32 PM
just to let everyone in on a lil secret......we threw the game. I know alot of people are going to respond saying all sorts of things but seriously they did. I heard rumors before the BIG game of the league telling the patriots to throw the game, because after the spy gate if we won our superbowl win would have an asterick next to it because it was questionable about cheating. But if we lost then the whole spy gate is behind us, new plays, no tapes, and we start off clean. And we did lose alot from the spy gate then people think because if we didnt have our draft pick taken from us we would have Mcfadden and gholsten, and just picture us then so believe what you want....maybe im just cazy :crazy: but before you knock me google it.....research the facts then give me your oppinion thanx

sportpro70
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
I agree, as a pats fan.. Yeah, the year was great. Brady and Moss had two of the best individual years in History. But to call last years team the best is over the top. Undefeated in the regular season doesn't mean squat without the crown and glory.

I do think that other Pats fans need to let go of the Past and keep an eye on the future. No matter which way you slice it... The Pats were outplayed and lost. And that's the bottom line.

thats good to hear that not all pats fans are the same. and i will agree with you that brady and moss had two of the best individual years ever..who can argue with that! i wish you guys luck(except for weeks 2 and 11 haha)

Mckphins
08-20-2008, 07:54 PM
just to let everyone in on a lil secret......we threw the game. I know alot of people are going to respond saying all sorts of things but seriously they did. I heard rumors before the BIG game of the league telling the patriots to throw the game, because after the spy gate if we won our superbowl win would have an asterick next to it because it was questionable about cheating. But if we lost then the whole spy gate is behind us, new plays, no tapes, and we start off clean. And we did lose alot from the spy gate then people think because if we didnt have our draft pick taken from us we would have Mcfadden and gholsten, and just picture us then so believe what you want....maybe im just cazy :crazy: but before you knock me google it.....research the facts then give me your oppinion thanx

:clap: Any excuses you can take.
And so what if the 72 dolphins had an easy schedule, u adapt to whoever you play. You know full well in the history in the nfl great teams have had easy schedules, but they always find a way to lose one or two. They didn't faulter, and they won every game put infront of them. Not there fault they didn't get to play two extra games. Yous won 18, but yous lost the game that counts the most.

Mckphins
08-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Plus how could you of had Mcfadden and Gholston if you didn't lose your pick
? Both them went before you even got to use the 49ers pick. theres no way you could of got them both.

coltsncardsfan
08-20-2008, 09:08 PM

What the...? I can google Star Wars and learn all sorts of facts about the force, but I still know that its make believe!

trucolorz91
08-20-2008, 09:10 PM
BB was fined $500,000 and lost the pats 1st round draft pick. Unfortunately they took our highest one which was our #4 pick in the draft. Mcfadden was drafted at #4 so if we had the pick we would have gotten him, and gholsten was picked #6 but if we still had our #4 he would have been available for us. Instead we didnt get either but im just fine with MAYO

trucolorz91
08-20-2008, 09:12 PM
What the...? I can google Star Wars and learn all sorts of facts about the force, but I still know that its make believe!

With a name like coltsncardsfan Im not surprised you feel that way. Dont be upset the pats are better, Brady was bound to get a reciever sooner or later!

Crickr
08-20-2008, 09:43 PM

Well said I have waited a long time for the new season to begin so we can get down to some football . They were outplayed it was hard watching but the pats blew it plain and simple now tis the time for a new season...............are you ready for some football?

Crickr
08-20-2008, 09:45 PM
BB was fined $500,000 and lost the pats 1st round draft pick. Unfortunately they took our highest one which was our #4 pick in the draft. Mcfadden was drafted at #4 so if we had the pick we would have gotten him, and gholsten was picked #6 but if we still had our #4 he would have been available for us. Instead we didnt get either but im just fine with MAYO

Wrong they took the Pats own pic not the one they got from the 9ers. Get your facts right before you go mouthing off to others.

sportpro70
08-20-2008, 10:39 PM

It's already been said, but you are so wrong..the pats highest pick was #7, which they then traded to new orleans and selected mayo with the #10 pick..get your facts straight next time so you dont look like an idiot.

Mckphins
08-21-2008, 12:22 AM

Im going to say it aswell, your WRONG! The pick they had in 1st round was the 49ers pick that they got, and was #7 not 4. So they couldn't get either of those guys there. They lost their own pick, that being the 31st pick. Get your facts right

coltsncardsfan
08-21-2008, 12:26 AM
With a name like coltsncardsfan Im not surprised you feel that way. Dont be upset the pats are better, Brady was bound to get a reciever sooner or later!

You're right the Pats were better last season, I can admit that. In fact I believe that they were one of the best teams in history. I don't know if you can call them the best ever because if defense wins championships then the 85 bears may have been better. I also think that they were better than the 72 Dolphins because they won more games in a tougher time. However just because the Giants figured out how to stop them doesn't mean the Pats lost on purpose.

mc6796
08-21-2008, 08:20 AM

Please don't stand up for the Pats anymore it is idiots like you that create room for people to keep spouting off about the pats. Get a clue.

ERLynx
08-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Hindsight is 20/20.

People can make a case either way, but really. Who cares if they were the best team ever? They were sure as heck fun to watch.

And even if they had won the super bowl, right now BB would be saying that this is a whole new year and we arent thinking about the past.

trucolorz91
08-21-2008, 12:57 PM
ok my bad I now see im wrong about the draft picks, I wasnt trying to spread false information but spread information i thought was correct in which it wasnt...sorry bout that. But also how can people talk **** and dog the patriots bad saying all kinds of things like we suck, were choke artist and so on and when I start defending my favorite team everyone wants to say im mouthing off or what ever. Ya know what how bout this ***** all your favorite teams, we are the greatest team, maybe not 07 pats but the 2000's pats 3 superbowls, 4 appearances, and still #1 contenders.

kazzy4080
08-22-2008, 12:24 AM
the 2008 patriots are not the greatest team of all time, i can make a better argument for the 2001 patriots. it happened we lost. **** it though. i had an awesome time watching them win 18. i just hope is wont be 18-1 for ever, cause it will hopefully be 37-1