PDA

View Full Version : 5 most overrated players in the league.

Bg7getclutch
08-17-2008, 12:25 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/pgStory?contentId=8455178#sport=NBA&photo=8455158

ChiCubsFan
08-17-2008, 12:30 AM
I agree with those very much. My friend and I always rip on Shane Battier. I actually like him, but his name is WAY too big. Now Shawn Marion really makes me mad with his crying about money. I wish I would make 16.4 million in my LIFE not just one year. Get over yourself.

Bg7getclutch
08-17-2008, 12:39 AM
WHen you have a lot of money like them...you tend to get broke fast because you spend it on expensive stuff.

ATOMICBULL
08-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Id Say It Goes Like This.....

1.derrick Rose
2.michael Phelps
3.jason Caffey
4.big Brown
5.that Big Foot Costume From Georgia

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
08-17-2008, 07:38 AM
WHen you have a lot of money like them...you tend to get broke fast because you spend it on expensive stuff.

im hopin' that was sarcastic....

rico
08-17-2008, 08:41 AM
horry is DEFINATELY one of the more overrated to me. i don tthink dwayde shoudl even be on that list, they obviously havnt been watching him play for team usa - a healthy wade is NOT overrated.

marion - yes, battier the only thing ive even known him for his his D, hes always struck me as a ben wallace type player with less reboundsbut better man to man def, yao - i cant argue i dont think hes overrated, but what they said is true.

kingbrentg
08-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Id Say It Goes Like This.....

1.derrick Rose
2.michael Phelps
3.jason Caffey
4.big Brown
5.that Big Foot Costume From Georgia

Not that I'm taking this post with the slighest bit of seriousness, but somehow Michael Phelps is overrated? That is some Atomic Bull right there.

hdxstunts1
08-17-2008, 01:21 PM
I agree with all of the them. I probably wouldnt put D.Wade in the top 5 but i like that it said Kobe and Lebron wouldnt have such a bad record but he was hurt most the seson. I'd put him in the top 20 though!

SaimoNETS
08-17-2008, 01:49 PM
shane battier went from underrated to overrated

lavis
08-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Have to agree with the article.. Though I never liked Wade, seeing him the Olympics is reminding me he is really great..

fairandbalanced
08-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I agree with all of the them. I probably wouldnt put D.Wade in the top 5 but i like that it said Kobe and Lebron wouldnt have such a bad record but he was hurt most the seson. I'd put him in the top 20 though!

Really? what can Wade had done better coming off injury? Kobe and Lebron cannot do better with that team. Give Kobe or Lebron a team with ricky Davis, Mark Blount, washed out J will/cris quin, Earl Barron, and d league fillers and see where that gets them. This was how bad Miami was last season: Haslem was their second best player when Wade was in, and their best player the other 50 games Wade wasn't.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-17-2008, 02:15 PM
okay

GspLAL
08-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Really? what can Wade had done better coming off injury? Kobe and Lebron cannot do better with that team. Give Kobe or Lebron a team with ricky Davis, Mark Blount, washed out J will/cris quin, Earl Barron, and d league fillers and see where that gets them. This was how bad Miami was last season: Haslem was their second best player when Wade was in, and their best player the other 50 games Wade wasn't.

Kobe has had REALLY ****** teams and made the playoffs with them. Not as bad as Wade's but still bad.

SC1211
08-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Umm, please read the article's description of Shane Battier, it almost made me laugh. Battier has been the most UNDERrated DEFENDER in the past few years. The article only talks about his mediocre statistics, but doesn't bother to look at his defense that goes beyond statistics. I'd love to see a statistic that points out his opposing player's FG%. Unfortunately, most buffoon sport's writers judge defense based on statistics, as evidenced by Marcus Camby ridiculously winning DPOY, and that is the worst way to judge such a skill. Battier still doesn't get the respect he deserves. He is not an offensive player, period, so I don't get what this guy is saying with all his offensive stats, but his defense is only in a league with Artest and Bowen, and I'd say that's pretty good company.

As for Yao, people underrate how athletic he is for his height. I'm sick of people saying, "Oh, he's 7'6, he should dominate." Being agile at that height is almost impossible, and he's been doing the best he can with it. He is still undoubtedly the best center in the league.

sp1derm00
08-17-2008, 04:10 PM

Uhmmm...

Kobe took a team of Smush, Kwame, Luke, Odom, and Cook to the playoffs.

Take Odom out of the lineup that season, compare it with the Heat's line up... the Heat players are better.

Seeing that we went 42-40 in that season and the Heat went 15-67 last season... is Odom worth 27 wins? In the tougher conference?

I don't think so... Wade even had Marion for 16 games.

NYMetros
08-17-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't really get how Dwyane Wade is overrated. He pretty much single-handedly carried the Heat over the Mavs in the playoffs. Yes, he had Shaq, but Wade was the one that all the plays were running through.

SeoulBeatz
08-17-2008, 04:14 PM

to be honest i think Wade's supporting cast last year was better than lebrons last year.

even when wade had marion they still lost games, it was just a rough year, im sure wade can bounce back but he stil has to prove himself during the NBA regular season that he can carry a team by himself.

pippsux
08-17-2008, 04:25 PM
This is dumb. This guy is trying tot tell us that these are the most overrated in the whole NBA?

Dwade was injured 1 year and all of a sudden he is overrated. That's why he carried Shaqfu to another title and is kicking a#$ in Beijing.

Horry has been a key piece of 3 franchises and their fortunes. He was a huge part of the Lakers winning 3 straight, Rockets winning 2 straight and the Spurs just plain winning. Nothing overrrated there.

Marion was a key piece of the Suns success, protecting Nash from playing defence. The minute he was gone, the Suns could not make it out of the first round and this season Nash will be exposed as a no D playing overrated point guard.

Yao is a 20 and 10 player who is the best center in the league, perennial all star and the face of a nation these Olympics. Damn, his overrated a#$ took a mediocre Chinese teams to the quarter finals of the Olympics, boy that's overrated.

Battier is simply one of the best perimeter defenders in the game. His defence on Kobe late in the season was the best I have ever seen. In fact he brought back " the hand through your arms face defence" which I have started seeing a lot of other players use.

It's not about stats or if you like a player or not. It's about impact. All these players have impacted every team they have been on.

My list
Carmelo Anthony - good player, but not as good as he thinks he is.

Chauncey Billups - as the leader of the Pistons, he has to take blame on a team that should have at least 2 championships for all the hype the Pistons get.

Steve Nash - he sure gets a pass for being a 2time MVP who has never gotten to the NBA finals, and was exposed as a defensive liability w/o Marion.

Jermaine O'neal - had a couple of good years and I think one of the best post up players in the game. But no dedication, heart or work ethic and yet still big news when he gets traded.

Vince Carter - please refer to Jermaine O'neal.

Cavs_Fan24
08-17-2008, 05:14 PM
i pretty much agree, but i think there are players that are MORE overrated.
where's Andrew Bynum on this list?

greg_ory_2005
08-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Other than Wade, I think the list is pretty accurate.

still1ballin
08-17-2008, 05:53 PM
hahaha WADE is overated, about time someone realizes it.

Cavs_Fan24
08-17-2008, 05:56 PM

Wade is NOT overrated. He's one of the best players in the NBA, and has fought through injuries, and slumps and he's gotten back to the "Finals MVP" Wade of a few years ago.

Have you even been watching USA Basketball??

daleja424
08-17-2008, 06:01 PM
Wade is NOT overrated. He's one of the best players in the NBA, and has fought through injuries, and slumps and he's gotten back to the "Finals MVP" Wade of a few years ago.

no he hasnt...b/c if he had he woulda seen that the most over rated player at the games right now is Kobe Bryant...

still1ballin
08-17-2008, 06:01 PM

olympic basketball is one thing and the NBA is another, I am sure that the article is relating to wade's performance in the past season. Because if not, they couldn't say he is overated with the way he has been playing of late in the olympics.

daleja424
08-17-2008, 06:04 PM
olympic basketball is one thing and the NBA is another, I am sure that the article is relating to wade's performance in the past season. Because if not, they couldn't say he is overated with the way he has been playing of late in the olympics.

so wade tries to play through injury to help his team win despite being about 55% max...and they still lose...so he's over rated??? Ya...that makes a ton of sense...

still1ballin
08-17-2008, 06:10 PM
so wade tries to play through injury to help his team win despite being about 55% max...and they still lose...so he's over rated??? Ya...that makes a ton of sense...

Hm i can't see how a player who is at 55% max can play 51 games out of 82 last season and average 38 mpg and average 24/25 ppg.....55% is a bit too low don't you think? Don't get mad at me, i wasn't the one who wrote the article....

23LBJCleBrowns
08-17-2008, 08:11 PM

lebron would make that team a 30 win team. like lebron with the cavs he makes us a 40-45 win team, without him we are a 20 win team!

NYMetros
08-17-2008, 08:14 PM

How is he overrated? When healthy he averages 27 PPG with 7 assists, and, he has a ring. I don't get how that makes him overrated. In fact, I think that makes him one of the top players in the game.

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
:laugh::laugh:wow i just saw robert horry on this list, he is in fact the only player i will call overrated.....i just laugh everytime i see him a picture of him..

MiamiHeat
08-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Hm i can't see how a player who is at 55% max can play 51 games out of 82 last season and average 38 mpg and average 24/25 ppg.....55% is a bit too low don't you think? Don't get mad at me, i wasn't the one who wrote the article....

there you go a guy with injuries probably about 70% not fully healthy and still averaged allstar numbers

GCOOKIE7
08-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Just cuz Wade is doing good in the USA games means nothing. Everyone on that team is doing good.

innovator
08-17-2008, 09:12 PM
DERICK ROSE is the most overated!