PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference: 4th best record (4 of 8)

JordansBulls
08-16-2008, 08:56 PM
The poll for the 3rd best record/3rd seed is over in the Eastern conference. Click the team name for poll results. The winner of the previous polls will not be included in new polls. The order of the teams in each poll will be according to the previous poll results. After the 8th best record is determined, the seedings will be adjusted accoring to league rules.

(1) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258905) - Atlantic Division

(2) Detroit (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259509) - Central Division

(3) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260351) - Southeast Division

SeoulBeatz
08-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Philly's got this easily

in my opinion it goes like this

Andre Miller (slightly)> Calderon
Andre Iguodala>> Anthony Parker
Thaddeus Young= Jamario Moon
Elton Brand (slightly)< Chris Bosh
Samuel Dalembert (slightly) < Jermaine O'Neal

Bench:

Lou Williams (Led Eastern Conference in points off bench last season), Willie Green (started last year and scored 13 ppg), Reggie Evans, Kareem Rush, Marreese Speights, Jason Smith, Royale Ivey

is better than

Jason Kapono, Bargnani, Joey Graham, Hassan Adams, Nathan Jawai, Roko Ukic, Willie Solomon

thats basically the only way i see it.

stawka
08-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah, but you're forgetting Cleveland...

LAKERMANIA
08-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Cleveland

$KnicksAndKobe$
08-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Philly is set for 4

charlsdq7
08-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Philly no qtn, Cleveland will get da 7th seed mark it down..

08-16-2008, 09:41 PM
no question toronto

SeoulBeatz
08-16-2008, 09:42 PM
I just dont like the way Cleveland looks.

Lebron is AMAZING, dont get me wrong.

but his supporting cast is STILL awful even with addition of Mo Williams who is just a glorified Delonte West (who they already have)

So basically ur still looking at a lineup of

Mo Williams
Wally World
Lebron James
Big Ben
Big Z

West, Boobie, random rookie, Varejao off the bench.

a bunch of average players at best and Lebron.

it just doesnt work in my mind.

5th seed at best for cleveland.... cus this aint the same east no more.

coolone45
08-16-2008, 09:43 PM
philly too overrated...cleveland mite take a step back therefore ...TORONTO TORONTO TORONTO.....and again TORONTO

theoneANDone
08-16-2008, 09:50 PM
T.O...gona own those phillies...T.O way better than philly agreed philly is OVERRATED....Andre iguodala...decent player...but not good enuff to be the second goto guy in contender..Elton Brand....has had good regular season succes but has been a big *** bust in post season

IversonIsKrazy
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM
T.O. without a doubt. it'll b like T.O. takin 4th spot by a game over philly. then philly getting the 5th spot by like 2games against cleveland.

M.U.B
08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
lebron is awesome...the best player in the league...thats only one of few points cavs have good as a team...philly will be allrite but raptors are better for now between the three for the regular season...we all noe KING JAMES turns it up a notch in play offs...IMO shuffle of T.O..Philly...Cavs...4 5 6 hard choice

Honest Truth
08-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I like Cleveland over both Philly and Toronto. I just can't see Toronto being that much of an improvement over last year in the rugular season. I think the moves may pay off duringt he playoffs but not during the regular season. Philly is a question mark in my opinion. Their moves can go either way. I think the transactions they made actually suit them better for the regular season so I would likely take them ahead of Toronto as well.

AirJordanXVIII
08-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Philly or Toronto. Cleveland is 6 IMO.

nascar10294
08-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Cavs

Goon.Weezy
08-16-2008, 10:33 PM
T.dotttttttttttt

SeoulBeatz
08-16-2008, 10:47 PM
T.O...gona own those phillies...T.O way better than philly agreed philly is OVERRATED....Andre iguodala...decent player...but not good enuff to be the second goto guy in contender..Elton Brand....has had good regular season succes but has been a big *** bust in post season

dude are u crazy?

Elton took a ****** *** Clippers team to the 2nd round of the playoffs and just lost in game 7 to the Phoenix suns in 06. Look it up... he was also 6th in MVP voting that year while averaging 24.7 and 11 points in the regular season and similar numbers in the playoffs.

do ur homework

Sixerlover
08-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Philadelphia. And that isn't a homer statment, I'll argue with anyone who wants an intelligent conversation about it

phillyphan4ever
08-16-2008, 11:20 PM
Philly>Toronto

Miler>Calderon
Iggy>Parker
Thad>Moon
Brand=Bosh (Brand will own him in the low post though)
Sammy<JO

AgentViet
08-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Raptors if JO is healthy.

NYMetros
08-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Cleveland. Lebron James will force the Cavs to have a good record.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Philadelphia. And that isn't a homer statment, I'll argue with anyone who wants an intelligent conversation about it

Yep, i'm with Sixerlover.

An intelligent arguement to anyone that disagrees I will have, not one of those stupid "BUT BRON IS AWSUM HE BE SCORIN DEM 30 PERNTS A GAME!"

torontosports10
08-17-2008, 01:27 PM
Like i said before the 4-5-6 spots are all wide open. No one can really give a good enough argument that one team is better then the other. A lot depends on health and progression of young players.

Jay22Redd
08-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Philly

dougie5627
08-17-2008, 02:01 PM
if healthy i can see tight contest but philly just taking it followed by raptors. all the teams are 1 superstar injury away from 2 place drop in the conference. if injury occurs i believe the cavs will be hit hardest followed by philly then raptors

bogdanrom
08-17-2008, 02:18 PM
I choose Cleveland, but Toronto, Philadelphia and Washington could get that spot too. Magic, Cleveland, Washinton, Toronto, Philadelphia, and Toronto are going to be fighting for 3-7 spots. But stop comapring individuals on a TEAM. That's not going to tell you that much. It's how those players work together that bring success. A good example would be Detroit vs. Lakers. On paper Lakers should have punished Detroit but it did't turn out that way.

still1ballin
08-17-2008, 05:42 PM
i went with the cavs since they got mo williams

yaowowrocket11
08-17-2008, 09:51 PM
I voted for the Cavs. I like the Mo Williams addition. I think they get the 4th best record.

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-17-2008, 10:04 PM
wow this is tough, im gonna take the cavs..i cant deny king james.

Halladay
08-17-2008, 11:44 PM

I think it's a wash between Philly and Toronto. Both teams are actually quite similar. Calderon and Andre are both top 10 PG who are both overrated but given the fact that Jose is the best shooting PG in the league I think makes him the better overall player. I'd give the slight edge to Toronto. As far as the front court goes, the teams matchup pretty well with Brand and Sammy matching up with Bosh and O'neal. This is the key matchup between the teams only based on health.

If Brand stays healthy and O'neal doesn't, Philly is the superior team and vice versa. Iggy and Moon matchup pretty well, obviously Iggy is the better player but Moon is an exceptional defender but Iggy will still get his no matter who's defending against him.The Thaddeus Young and Anthony Parker matchup...I really dont know because I dont know enough about Young to be honest so I guess I'd give the edge to Parker only by default though. I dont know much about Philly's bench besides Reggie Evans and Willie Green. Toronto's bench has some solid players...Bargnani, Kapono, Ukic, Humphries...The Raptors will once again have a pretty good bench. Someone would have to inform me of just how good Philly's bench should be. At this point, these two teams are pretty much equal.

Sixerlover
08-17-2008, 11:55 PM
I think it's a wash between Philly and Toronto. Both teams are actually quite similar. Calderon and Andre are both top 10 PG who are both overrated but given the fact that Jose is the best shooting PG in the league I think makes him the better overall player. I'd give the slight edge to Toronto. As far as the front court goes, the teams matchup pretty well with Brand and Sammy matching up with Bosh and O'neal. This is the key matchup between the teams only based on health.

If Brand stays healthy and O'neal doesn't, Philly is the superior team and vice versa. Iggy and Moon matchup pretty well, obviously Iggy is the better player but Moon is an exceptional defender but Iggy will still get his no matter who's defending against him.The Thaddeus Young and Anthony Parker matchup...I really dont know because I dont know enough about Young to be honest so I guess I'd give the edge to Parker only by default though. I dont know much about Philly's bench besides Reggie Evans and Willie Green. Toronto's bench has some solid players...Bargnani, Kapono, Ukic, Humphries...The Raptors will once again have a pretty good bench. Someone would have to inform me of just how good Philly's bench should be. At this point, these two teams are pretty much equal.

The Andre v Calderon matchup could go either way in any of the 4 games we have against each other. They both are great at what they do, and they both are very good PG's. The only problem with both is I hope that Miller does not start a decline, and I hope that Calderon doesn't have a down season because he just got his extension.

I like the Sixers wings better than the Raps. Iggy / Thad tops Parker / Moon offensively and defensively IMO. Thad will have a much larger role in the offense this year, probably getting about 5 plays ran for him a game. I think that Parker is a great scorer, and Moon an above average defender but Iguodala and Young are good on both sides of the court.

The Frontcourt is just as even as the point guard situation (IF O'Neal + Brand stay healthy). At this point in their careers, Dalembert and O'Neal matchup very well for each other. They are both primarily defensive players, and both have a little offensive game (even though Daly's the 5th option while O'Neal is probably the 3rd option). I notice O'Neal's injury history and that makes me a little nervous. Brand had one freak injury last summer, while O'Neal has had many injuries the past 3-4 years.

The Sixers bench is pretty deep as well with players like Lou Will, Reggie Evans, Kareem Rush, Willie Green etc. Toronto also has good players in Bargs, Kapono, and maybe Ukic. The matchup is even, but I think the wing players on the Sixers gives them the edge.

bogdanrom
08-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Haha Miami has more votes than Was.

rapswin98
08-18-2008, 01:35 AM
between toronto or philly. but i voted for my raps

DaddyCool
08-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Philly.

Toronto has no perimeter game at all, Cleveland has no suporting cast for bron-bron. Philly is the best overal team.

North Yorker
08-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Philly.

Toronto has no perimeter game at all, Cleveland has no suporting cast for bron-bron. Philly is the best overal team.

lol. I guess being the number 1 3point shooting team shows how bad our perimeter scoring is huh. You're a pretty smart guy

pebloemer
08-18-2008, 10:44 AM
Philly.

I assume you mean no perimeter defense because on offense they loaded with players that play on the perimeter.

Perimeter defense was a huge problem for the Raptors last year. JO's presence inside should help against drives, but it will still be a weak point IMO. I think it is pretty close between Philly and Raptors on paper, but I'll take Philly because better bench and a few less question marks. I would also note that on paper doesn't always translate, both teams have question marks (as does Washington and Cleveland who both will compete for this spot as well)

AirJordanXVIII
08-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Wow What's up with all the hate against Washington??? Miami? 4 seed? GET OUT!!

Wade is beast, but is injury prone.

Marion is bad without a star

Beasley is awesome but unproven.

Born2BWild
08-18-2008, 11:37 AM
this is between philly and cleveland. id say either team would make sense at 4 or 5

DaddyCool
08-18-2008, 11:48 AM
lol. I guess being the number 1 3point shooting team shows how bad our perimeter scoring is huh. You're a pretty smart guy

Defense? huh? The guy below you got what I was talking about. God... use your god damn common sense.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-18-2008, 11:53 AM

I think and hope you mean under.

Anyhow, Thaddeus Young IS better then Anthony Parker. I don't think there's anyone denieing that. Last year, Thaddeus wasn't even supposed to come into games, let alone average over 7 a game, and have the big of an impact as he's had. The way his progression is going, I see him putting up 13-7 type numbers this season.

As far as bench is concerned, Philly has the superiour bench. You named 2 of our bench players, and as far as i'm concerned, there not even our top 2 bench players. We got Lou Williams, who could start for alot of teams, is an excellect shooter, and he's smart with the ball. He's really only in his 2rd year, his first year he didn't do alot of anything. Then we added Kareem Rush, a great shooter and player to have come off the bench, and we added Royal Ivey, a solid bench player.

I give the edge to the 76ers for bench, and to Thaddeus Young, and I don't think many Raptors fans can argue them 2.

Granted, I do think this is going to be very close, but I give the edge to the 76ers, and the Raptors finishing right behind them.

North Yorker
08-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Defense? huh? The guy below you got what I was talking about. God... use your god damn common sense.

Except for the fact that you didn't say defense. You didnt have a clue what you were talking about. All you looked at was... Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, Jason Kapono??? And assumed that they didnt make an impact for us last year at all.

The exact opposite could be said for Philly. They got no perimeter shooting. Unless you expect them to start Rush?

AirMyles
08-18-2008, 01:22 PM
toronto...then philly..and finally Lebron in the 6 spot

King Koopa
08-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Philly's got this easily

in my opinion it goes like this

Andre Miller (slightly)> Calderon
Andre Iguodala>> Anthony Parker
Thaddeus Young= Jamario Moon
Samuel Dalembert (slightly) < Jermaine O'Neal

Thats wrong is more like this

Andre Miller <<<<< Calderon
Andre Iguodala>>>>>> Anthony Parker
Thaddeus Young> slightly Jamario Moon
Samuel Dalembert <<<<<<< Jermaine O'Neal

I got the Raptors here man.

mocca
08-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Can't decide between Philly or TO, but I think Toronto is slightly better if the team is healthy.