PDA

View Full Version : Why Do NASCAR Fans Care About What Car Brand People Drive?

Driven
08-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Seriously? What's the point? Who cares if someone drives a Chevy or Ford or whatever?

nascar10294
08-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Well, I think it is a very big thing. People want the best drivers driving for the manufactour of who they like. For ever there was the friendly Ford vs Chevy riverly. Sure people will switch in between the 2, but it won't happen much, and it seems 99% of star drivers will stay with their original manufactor as their rookie team. Now, with the forgein company in Toyota here, most people dont want to see those teams do well. Some people (I am one of them) think that rooting for Toyota is like rooting against US.

As for me, my family owns a GM-Hyundai car dealership in Connecticut, so it is hard to root against that manufactor (Chevy).

MarkieMark48
08-17-2008, 10:33 AM
i dont

BennyFranklin
08-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I am a Ford man and always have been, I own 2 inluding a Mustang 5.0. I root for Roush Fenway racing all the way. Go get 'em Cousin Carl.

Nascar-NJDevils
08-17-2008, 10:21 PM
It's weird for me because I'm a big Yates fan so I'm a big Ford fan but my last two vehicles have been Chevy's and I've only owned one Ford(2002 T-Bird).

BennyFranklin
08-17-2008, 10:48 PM
It's weird for me because I'm a big Yates fan so I'm a big Ford fan but my last two vehicles have been Chevy's and only I've only owned one Ford(2002 T-Bird).

I bet you liked that Ford too.

yaowowrocket11
08-17-2008, 10:56 PM
I honestly don't. In the real normal car world, I think American companies make the worst cars. Toyota's are very good cars. I just like to see good racing, with the success of Dale Earnhardt Jr, Martin Truez Jr., and Casey Mears.

MarkieMark48
08-17-2008, 11:13 PM
pretty much my top 4 drivers all drive different cars, jimmie johnson, sam hornish jr, kyle busch, boris said

LAFord
08-18-2008, 05:24 AM
I am a Ford man and always have been, I own 2 inluding a Mustang 5.0. I root for Roush Fenway racing all the way. Go get 'em Cousin Carl.
Amen brotha...
although, I'm down to 1 Ford(Ranger) and just switched my daily driver to Dodge. I wanted a fast V-8 car with lotsa room, so I got a Charger SRT8. I'm still a Roush racing fan!

nascar10294
08-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Amen brotha...
although, I'm down to 1 Ford(Ranger) and just switched my daily driver to Dodge. I wanted a fast V-8 car with lotsa room, so I got a Charger SRT8. I'm still a Roush racing fan!

You should have got the new Hyundai Genises. I know its a Hyundai, but I was ridding in it, and the car is extremly powerful. Also, I had the most room I have ever had in the back seat (except for the Cady DTS). Its spacias, powerful, and has good gas milage (V8- around 17/26)

Nascar-NJDevils
08-18-2008, 06:57 PM
I bet you liked that Ford too.

Yes it is my second favorite vehicle that I've ever owned(a 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring being my favorite when I bought her in '83 as my first car)

rhensley3
08-21-2008, 09:51 PM
if you dont understand this age-old rivalry...you probably never will. since i was a kid, i've always been a chevy guy...my dad was a chevy guy. oh there were ford's and dodge's thrown in there, but the favorite was always a chevy.

as it is...right now the only chevy i own is a 77 c-30 w/ 10' flat bed for my work...i drive a dodge van and my wife has a mini cooper "s" my love (67 camaro) is being restored, so its out of circulation.

Rochesta
08-22-2008, 01:34 AM
Brand loyalty is especially huge in the car business, especially if you work in cars. My dad was a GM mechanic, and now he distributes GM parts. I've worked for GM off and on. I would never drive anything else nor directly root for a driver who drove anything else.

But, that's a little bit stronger of a case than the average fan.

And my favorite was always, and will always be, the Oldsmobile. My first driver as a kid was Marlin in the Cutlass, circa late 80s early 90s.

Driven
09-02-2008, 08:25 PM
if you dont understand this age-old rivalry...you probably never will. since i was a kid, i've always been a chevy guy...my dad was a chevy guy. oh there were ford's and dodge's thrown in there, but the favorite was always a chevy.

as it is...right now the only chevy i own is a 77 c-30 w/ 10' flat bed for my work...i drive a dodge van and my wife has a mini cooper "s" my love (67 camaro) is being restored, so its out of circulation.
But if all the NASCAR cars are basically the same, which they are, who cares?

nascar10294
09-03-2008, 06:17 AM
All the cars aren't the same.