PDA

View Full Version : Ben Gordan might be traded?

Theanswer76
08-16-2008, 01:58 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3537868

Reliable source, And As a nugget fan, im just wondering, you think we have a chance of getting this guy? Im sure he would help a lot. But only worry I have is that Europe will give him a great contract and take him away like Janero Pargo, But you guys think we have a chance of getting Gordan?

DenButsu
08-16-2008, 03:45 AM
We have 96 guard minutes. 42 of those will be played by AI. I'm hoping JR gets at least 25, if not 30 (maybe that's wishful thinking, but it's what I hope, at least). That leaves about 25-30 guard minutes remaining, and that's before taking Chucky and AC into consideration (and you know Karl will want to play both of them - not that he should, but he will). I just can't see us sinking much money into a guard at this point when a) we have more pressing needs at the 4/5, and b) we've already shown (by way of giving out nothing but minimum contracts) that we're in extreme cost cutting mode here.

TheAnswer037108
08-16-2008, 12:19 PM
if we trade carter AND atkins yeah...otherwise its gonna be a logjam at the 1-2 position. I wouldnt mind him coming off the bench tho for instant offense.

F15Eagle
08-16-2008, 02:52 PM
We have 96 guard minutes. 42 of those will be played by AI. I'm hoping JR gets at least 25, if not 30 (maybe that's wishful thinking, but it's what I hope, at least). That leaves about 25-30 guard minutes remaining, and that's before taking Chucky and AC into consideration (and you know Karl will want to play both of them - not that he should, but he will). I just can't see us sinking much money into a guard at this point when a) we have more pressing needs at the 4/5, and b) we've already shown (by way of giving out nothing but minimum contracts) that we're in extreme cost cutting mode here.

Very good reasoning !!!!!

denversgm
08-16-2008, 08:32 PM
ben gordan is just a higher priced jr smith i say there is no need for him

chaugh970
08-16-2008, 09:38 PM
Why would we want another 6 ft guard? No need for him at all he doesnt play ANY D, just shoots.

DJiC
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
as much as i agree with you im pretty sure we have 4gaurds on our team under 6ft who don't play D and just shoots....but looking at the whole thing he would be more consistent at shooting 3's than anyone on our team, but having him wont help our team

Nugget Tony
08-17-2008, 12:19 AM
as much as i agree with you im pretty sure we have 4gaurds on our team under 6ft who don't play D and just shoots....but looking at the whole thing he would be more consistent at shooting 3's than anyone on our team, but having him wont help our team

I would sure rather have him than Atkins or Carter......

_Sn1P3r_
08-17-2008, 01:30 AM
You don't need another offensive tool. Look to upgrade on the defensive end.