PDA

View Full Version : Gordon: I've played my last game as a Bull

SC1211
08-15-2008, 10:56 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3537868

The slow, drawn-out negotiations between Ben Gordon and the Chicago Bulls took a turn toward closure Friday night when the free-agent guard said he doesn't think he'll be a Bull next season.

"I guess it's safe to say I've played my last game in a Bulls uniform," Gordon said.

Gordon, who has led the Bulls in scoring the past three seasons, said his agent, Raymond Brothers, has been speaking with other teams about sign-and-trade possibilities.

"I'm pretty optimistic it'll happen," said Gordon, who averaged 18.6 points last season. "It's very likely."

Brothers refused to name the teams he's spoken with, but added playing in Europe is also a possibility. He said the only certainty is Gordon will not sign the Bulls' one-year qualifying offer of $6.4 million.

MiamiHeat
08-15-2008, 11:01 PM
who's gonna offer him the kind of money he's asking

BADizzleBoY
08-15-2008, 11:02 PM
sixers!

avsman05
08-15-2008, 11:05 PM
olympiakos

Ph1lly Diehard
08-15-2008, 11:09 PM
Afghanistan could be in the mix.

king4day
08-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Bulls better find a taker in a S&T. They're about to get nothing for him.

Jay22Redd
08-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Afghanistan could be in the mix.

lmao afghanistan!?

uptownfan
08-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Bulls better find a taker in a S&T. They're about to get nothing for him.

That's what I'm hoping for. They better get something done quickly

_Sn1P3r_
08-15-2008, 11:20 PM
lmao afghanistan!?

What I was thinking.

king4day
08-15-2008, 11:21 PM
That's what I'm hoping for. They better get something done quickly

Still though, they can't just get what they can. If he leaves the country, at least he's still restricted when he comes back. Might be worth more to trade or might be able to keep him at that point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Suns try and get him for Barbosa and someone cheap.
He'd be cheaper for the Bulls and they would actually get someone who can help in some way.

uptownfan
08-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Still though, they can't just get what they can. If he leaves the country, at least he's still restricted when he comes back. Might be worth more to trade or might be able to keep him at that point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Suns try and get him for Barbosa and someone cheap.
He'd be cheaper for the Bulls and they would actually get someone who can help in some way.

I think that would work out for both teams. The Suns already have good size with Raja coming off the bench so it wouldn't kill them to have Gordon. He would thrive in that offense with Nash running the point and the size down low.

On the Bulls part I think they are just looking to get whatever they can at this point. Barbosa might be the most they could get for him. Problem is they would still have a crowded backourt with Rose, Hinrich, Sefolosha, Hughes and Barbosa

SAVAGE CLAW
08-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Why not Gordon + Gooden for Randolph and some filler Chicago feels like taking?.

Sports Illustrator
08-15-2008, 11:26 PM
There are a number of teams that would love to acquire Ben Gordon, even for the money he is asking for. What will determine everything is whether the Bulls feel they get enough value back in return for Ben Gordon and if Ben Gordon wants to play for that particular team being involved in the sign and trade.

MOHA
08-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Ben Gordon should come To The Knicks he sure will play well For Coach Dantoni's system. GO KNICKS.

uptownfan
08-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Why not Gordon + Gooden for Randolph and some filler Chicago feels like taking?.

There is no chance that Randolph will ever be a Chicago Bull with the front office they have. Chicago doesn't invest in players like Randolph with his attitude and such, you know the rest.

bball1217
08-15-2008, 11:37 PM
Maybe the Hawks would want him.

They just lost Josh Childress, who I think was their 6th man and Gordon played 6th man last year, so maybe he could be signed-and-traded there.

Just an idea.

Maybe something like:
Chicago gets:
Marvin Williams (about 5,600,000 expiring)
Zaza Pachulia (about 4,000,000 expiring)
Acie Law (about 2,000,500 expiring)
Total: about 11,600,500

Atlanta gets:
Ben Gordon signed to a 6 year/$72 million with a starting salary of about 11,600,000.

It is not much, but at least Chicago gets a young and talented Marvin Williams, a young player with pretty good potential as a combo guard in Acie Law and a young center with descent potential in Zaza Pachulia and all have expiring contracts. Williams would be a restricted free agent, Law has team options on his next 2 years and Pachulia would become an unrestricted free agent.

Also Atlanta gets a replacement and upgrade for the loss of Childress and keeps the team young.

Yogi
08-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Can he be traded to another league?

Lakerfrk
08-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Luke Walton and Vladamir Radmanovic for Ben Gordon... anyone? anyone? no? didnt think so.......

KH12
08-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Hallelujah!

WSUJJ
08-16-2008, 12:00 AM
I jsut heard on sport center that he is close to signing a deal to Europe

Lakerfrk
08-16-2008, 12:02 AM
wow, this would be the first real big player going to Europe..... really would be something if it happened. he is really valuing that contract over winning... if that's true... i wouldnt want him on my team anyways.

*Superman*
08-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Gordon is stupid thinking he will get the money he is asking for. I wonder where he ends up.

*Superman*
08-16-2008, 12:04 AM
I jsut heard on sport center that he is close to signing a deal to Europe

How true is this? Anybody hear this?

psurulesyou
08-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Overpaid lol

superkegger
08-16-2008, 12:11 AM
I would be shocked if he went overseas. I would also be shocked if was a bull too. It only makes sense for him to go elsewhere. With the clog in the backcourt there. He'll probably end up somewhere in the west.

uptownfan
08-16-2008, 12:18 AM
I would be shocked if he went overseas. I would also be shocked if was a bull too. It only makes sense for him to go elsewhere. With the clog in the backcourt there. He'll probably end up somewhere in the west.
I wouldn't at all. Gordon is looking for that big contract and the Euro league teams are offering more $. Also BG was born in England, he only lived there for 2 years but he for sure has some connections

DODGERS&LAKERS
08-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I think the Bulls lucked out. He is too short to play the 2 guard spot. He shoots a low % and he wants way too much money for a 6th man. They better hope they can get some sucker to give up some value for him before he goes over seas for nothing.

superkegger
08-16-2008, 12:22 AM
I wouldn't at all. Gordon is looking for that big contract and the Euro league teams are offering more $. Also BG was born in England, he only lived there for 2 years but he for sure has some connections

Meh, I don't think him being born in england is a factor at all. He'll end up getting pretty decent money here in the states when the bulls find a s&t if thats what it comes to.

still1ballin
08-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Watch out for Memphis.

*Superman*
08-16-2008, 12:27 AM
Watch out for Memphis.

I don't see them giving the money he wants. They may wait for him to drop his price.

JordansBulls
08-16-2008, 12:27 AM
I hope the Bulls trade him and Hughes to New Jersey for Vince Carter or to Denver for Iverson.

YankeeFan89
08-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Knicks!

Hellcrooner
08-16-2008, 03:23 AM
Hinrich Gordon and Gooden for FArmar, Walton, Odom and Pick

#1Mavericksfan
08-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Jason Terry for Ben Gordon

innovator
08-16-2008, 04:56 AM
gordon is very underated he deserves way more than 6mil

Seventh King
08-16-2008, 08:35 AM

Hell, no! Gooden isn't going anywhere.

BleedPurple
08-16-2008, 08:44 AM

Wow ,Id take that,but of course Im a Lakers fan.That may work for chicago also,Odom can be a beast in Chicago I think.But what will they do at SG,I thought with Rose they wasnted to move Kirk to that spot.

WSUJJ
08-16-2008, 09:23 AM
He is very close to signing a deal to Euro

Afridi786
08-16-2008, 09:34 AM
GMs better get on the phone, Pax usually gives away his players for nothing, so a bad contract and a 2nd round pick should do it.

jimbobjarree
08-16-2008, 10:03 AM
this means he wont play for Great Britain in a few weeks. dang

ackar
08-16-2008, 10:44 AM
There are a number of teams that would love to acquire Ben Gordon, even for the money he is asking for. What will determine everything is whether the Bulls feel they get enough value back in return for Ben Gordon and if Ben Gordon wants to play for that particular team being involved in the sign and trade.

Exactly the issue. The Bulls because they have the upper hand because he is a RFA is doing a double standard.

Hand number one say Gordon you just a sixth man and you only bring offensive to the table so you only worth less than 8 mil a year.

Hand number two the one that deals with possible sign and trades says to other teams in the league. Gordon is a top ten SG he avg 20ppg night and can penetrate and dish and have solid D. We want a superstar and so throw in blah blah blah.

Teams around the leagure are going you want what but you not even offering him that much but you want high quality and some qaunity in return.

charlsdq7
08-16-2008, 01:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3537868

or to play in EUROPE wtf???:mad:

WindyCityFlyer
08-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Check the other 20+ threads about this.

Indi23
08-16-2008, 01:35 PM
He'll most likley wont get the money hes asking for in the nba its to much for a 18-20 point guy... The bulls have already tried to contact teams for a sign and trade but no teams want to give him that sort of money.

torontosports10
hes over-rated anyways

wesso2008
Good ridance....take ur inconsistency to Europe....but seriously Pax needsta get in that sign-and-trade mode before he does bolt for europe and we don't get nothing in return for him.

hes over-rated anyways

VERY OVERRATED.

Sn1ch_Turna
08-16-2008, 01:50 PM
ben gordon is a less talented gilbert arenas. he's a black hole on the court, and the best success hes had in his career has been as 6th man playing against 2nd string players. He expects way too much , and thinks hes way too good... i think the bulls will be better off without him

DmL
08-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I can see a few cases here.

Gordon to Portland for Fernandez, Pryzbilla

Gordon to PHX for Barbosa, Diaw

Gordon to Philly for Iggy

Rockets Fanatic
08-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Another idea is

Toronto Gets:
Ben Gordon
Cedric Simmons

Chicago Gets:
Anthony Parker
Jason Kapono
Kris Humphries
Joey Graham

homestarunner93
08-16-2008, 02:27 PM

You want too much. Iggy is better than Gordon, Barbosa+Diaw is better than Gordon.

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-16-2008, 02:32 PM
I hope he goes overseas, so I dont have to hear about him anymore...if he got traded to another team he would just complain more..and go 10-17 one night and then 3-15 the next....

hyp21
08-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Phoenix does sound like a good fit. If I were the Nets maybe send V.C. to Chicago for Ben and a pick.

Faneik
08-16-2008, 02:46 PM
Meh, I don't think him being born in england is a factor at all. He'll end up getting pretty decent money here in the states when the bulls find a s&t if thats what it comes to.

European teams have restrictions about using non-EU players.

With his British passport he wouldn't count as a non-EU player in EU leagues, like Greece, Italy, Spain.

Kyben36
08-16-2008, 02:50 PM

I dont Think So.

1st Odom isnt much better than Hinrich or Gordon,
2nd ur pick would be like a 25 or higher
3rd Walton is BS and cant play D so why would we take him

I anything I could see this with the Lakers

Gordon and Noch for Odom and a first round Pick, Which will be 25th or or higher so it wont be a great pick

ur lineup
Fisher
Kobe
Noch
Gasol
Bynum

bench
Gordon
Walton
Sun you ur whatever his name is
and whoever else you have

our linup

Rose/Hinrich
Hinrich/Hughes
Deng/Thabo
Odom/Tyrus
Noah/Gooden

Rockets Fanatic
08-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Another idea is

Toronto Gets:
Ben Gordon
Cedric Simmons

Chicago Gets:
Anthony Parker
Jason Kapono
Kris Humphries
Joey Graham

then the Raptors trade for Sean Singletary, Pat ewing jr, Luther Head, Mike Harris and Chuck Hayes for 1 1st Rounder and 3 2nd Rounder

Catfish1314
08-16-2008, 03:09 PM
I could see the Hornets, Raptors, Nets, Suns, Clippers, or even the Spurs (since they're trying to get younger and quicker) being interested.

I couldn't see any of those teams offering anything more than bench wash or a pick and a filler for BG, except maybe the Clippers. They just traded for a 33 year old Marcus Camby and signed a 29-30 year old Baron Davis to a long term contract, so maybe they're trying to win now. If so, they could possibly be interested in swapping Eric for Ben Gordon. EG can't give them what BG can right now. Just a possibility. Bulls future would look great with Rose/Gordon/Deng/Thomas/Noah, all of them 23 and under.

Rockets Fanatic
08-16-2008, 03:11 PM
I could see the Hornets, Raptors, Nets, Suns, Clippers, or even the Spurs (since they're trying to get younger and quicker) being interested.

I couldn't see any of those teams offering anything more than bench wash or a pick and a filler for BG, except maybe the Clippers. They just traded for a 33 year old Marcus Camby and signed a 29-30 year old Baron Davis to a long term contract, so maybe they're trying to win now. If so, they could possibly be interested in swapping Eric for Ben Gordon. EG can't give them what BG can right now. Just a possibility. Bulls future would look great with Rose/Gordon/Deng/Thomas/Noah, all of them 23 and under.

I see just the Hornets and Raptors interested, i think he will be in europe tho

Seventh King
08-16-2008, 07:47 PM

The first deal would be about right. The second and third? Where do I sign?

NYMetros
08-16-2008, 07:58 PM
There are a lot of teams that would love to get Ben Gordon from Chicago. He is asking for more money than he's worth, but I think teams would be willing to suck that up and just let him play for them. He is a pretty solid player. Not great, but definitely worthy of playing on any team's starting five.