PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 'Live' Sports Moment

captaintek33
08-15-2008, 08:53 PM
My favorite sports moment occurred during last year's Jimmy Fund telethon. Most of you will probably remember it.

I was there (Sec 43, Row 15) when young Jordan Leandre, who had previously sung the anthem in a wheelchair and then again with leg braces and crutches, sung the anthem last year with no walking assistance. After he finished singing, he handed the microphone over and ran around the bases while 38,000 fans, 2 teams and hundreds of thousands of television viewers watched and cheered, and, like me, cried like a bay! It was an absolutely WONDERFUL moment, that transcended baseball. In that moment, the Jimmy Fund had a new poster boy-Jordan Leandre!

I was also at Fenway for Game 4 in '04 against the Yankees (Roberts' stolen base and an Ortiz walk-off); I was there for last year's Game 1 of the ALDS against the Angels; I saw the Patriots AFC Championship at Gillette last year, and seen several Stanley Cup Playoff Games (including Game 6 against the Canadiens last year), as well as Ray Bourque's induction into the hockey Hall of Fame.

None of that tops the Jordan Leandre trip around the bases. It really was a special moment!

BeAn 5 ToWnE
08-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Mine was the only time I ever went to Fenway. I'll never forget that day. I was hyperventilating half the time. The other half of the time I was cramming enough food down my throat to mast a week. Everything tastes better at Fenway. :)

The Intimidator
08-15-2008, 11:29 PM
Mine was the only playoff game I have ever been to: 2003 ALDS game 4 against Oakland. We were losing 4-3 going into the bottom of the eighth. We proceeded to score a pair of runs in that inning, off of Keith Foulke. We won 5-4, and forced a decisive game 5 in Oakland, which we won of course.

papipapsmanny
08-16-2008, 02:47 AM
going to my 1st fenway game 3 days ago when the sox won 19-17 it was insane

kazzy4080
08-16-2008, 03:02 AM
this year in that extra inning game against the cardinals that THE YOUKA hit a walk of at, my friend and i went (it wasnt planned he called me an hour before game time) and we had seats way in the bleachers, and since it was a rainy day and a long game a lot of people left so him and i ended up 2 rows back to the right of homefield for the last couple of innings and than youk hit the homer