PDA

View Full Version : Morey: More Minor Trades Likely

Jay22Redd
08-15-2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1484/morey_more_minor_trades_likely/

What do yall think about this??? :eyebrow:

Jay22Redd
08-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Sounds pretty good to me. I read the Knicks are trying to do a swap: Nate for Sean William (Nets). I think we could stop that and give Luther for Sean Williams

rocketfuel
08-15-2008, 08:13 PM
The last time Morey said "minor" trades are likely.... We traded away Novak and got Artest... Morey is so low key and shocking in how he approaches thing.... I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls another Scola, Artest type deal. Maybe, he'll add another valuable role player.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-15-2008, 08:36 PM
head should get traded.

bball1217
08-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Never know what Morey is going to do...

Just got to trust him!

So far he has proven he can be successful.

Renovator
08-15-2008, 10:18 PM
It is being assumed that these"minor trades" wont get us any players in return. They are designed to clear cap space so we can sweeten the deals a lil bit more to sign DeKe, Landry and Dorsey.

We should get rid of Head and just not bother to give Harris a contract.

Jay22Redd
08-15-2008, 11:19 PM
It is being assumed that these"minor trades" wont get us any players in return. They are designed to clear cap space so we can sweeten the deals a lil bit more to sign DeKe, Landry and Dorsey.

We should get rid of Head and just not bother to give Harris a contract.

So you sayin Rockets will release him right?! Cause he is under contract, its just not guaranteed

BenFrank
08-16-2008, 12:32 AM
I would trade away head, hayes, and harris for cash considerations.. we simply don't need them ne more..

barry in for head
landry in for hayes
dorsey in for harris

and we get 2 resign deke, f#@k I hope Steve is healty

JordansBulls
08-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Rockets don't need to make any more moves.

TMAC94
08-16-2008, 12:48 AM
id trade luther for sean williams in a heart beat :D :D but doubt it would happen :(

rocketfuel
08-16-2008, 03:02 AM
Nah....why give away Hayes and Head.... unless, it gives us someone better in return. As a 3rd string power forward, Hayes is really good and comes at a cheap price. If something happens to one of our power forwards, Hayes is a reliable defensive player..... and Head can be a good sharpshooter now that we have so many weapons and all Head has to do is shoot. Before, he had to do too much, but if you ask him to just be a spot up shooter while Yao, Tmac, Artest and Scola command all the attention then it would be perfect.

But, I think we're becoming spoiled with Morey in that we're expecting something new under our stocking every now and then. Scola, Landry, Brooks, Artest, Dorsey....

Ballah0liC1
08-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Nah....why give away Hayes and Head.... unless, it gives us someone better in return. As a 3rd string power forward, Hayes is really good and comes at a cheap price. If something happens to one of our power forwards, Hayes is a reliable defensive player..... and Head can be a good sharpshooter now that we have so many weapons and all Head has to do is shoot. Before, he had to do too much, but if you ask him to just be a spot up shooter while Yao, Tmac, Artest and Scola command all the attention then it would be perfect.

But, I think we're becoming spoiled with Morey in that we're expecting something new under our stocking every now and then. Scola, Landry, Brooks, Artest, Dorsey....

yeah but if we trade head and hayes to get cap space hayes would be the 4 power forward behind scola, landry, dorsey, and dm would back up yao,
as 4 luther headless we have a lot of players like him that have better handles and decision making

Wrightw/Reyes19
08-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Head and Hayes for Sean Williams

RocketsRule
08-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Head and Hayes for Sean Williams

I'd take that any day of the week, I highly doubt the Nets do it though.

Anyway, Sean Williams could split PT with Scola if we do get him. He's athletic, and a monster on the boards. Only way we get him though is if Landry is not gonna come back.

t-mac1nukka
08-16-2008, 07:21 PM
sean williams would be REAL nice

pippsux
08-16-2008, 07:22 PM
I think any moves Morey is making is not just for this season but for next season as we can lock up Artest for a long term deal.

Renovator
08-17-2008, 04:20 AM
I think any moves Morey is making is not just for this season but for next season as we can lock up Artest for a long term deal.

How much do you think he will want, and how much do you guys think he isworth? I think he will want close to 10 mil per year and I think he is worth 7most.

But Morey and Aldeman will see how he performs this year beofre making any future plans for him. His ball stopping abilities will be an issue along with his attitude.

pippsux
08-17-2008, 11:10 AM
How much do you think he will want, and how much do you guys think he isworth? I think he will want close to 10 mil per year and I think he is worth 7most.

But Morey and Aldeman will see how he performs this year beofre making any future plans for him. His ball stopping abilities will be an issue along with his attitude.

It is a great situation for the rockets. They get him on a 1 year deal, motivated to get the pay he feels he deserves, playing for his fav coach and wanting to rehab his image. That being said, if Iguodala is getting $10m, Artest will be looking for about $10m for 6 years. Tmac is getting $20m, Yao about $15m. At his age, 28, he is looking for a final big contract.

I think Morey is making sure we don't have any crazy contracts preventing this.

Tmac to da rack
08-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Damn, this is awesome, I think Morey is trying to win it all in 09, he knows this is a 1 shot deal with artest, and is going to try to built the Rockets as 1 Extremely hardcore team to beat!