PDA

View Full Version : Delonte West???

chaugh970
08-15-2008, 05:38 PM
with the cavs trading for mo williams and claiming he's the point guard of the future for them. they also resigned booby gibson. it looks like the cavs would be very unlikely to match any offer for delonte. he would be an awesome fit for the nuggets imo, what do you guys think?

liliverson819
08-15-2008, 05:47 PM
might as well since we lost pargo to europe.

08-15-2008, 05:55 PM
YES!!! This would be soo good for the team, not sure about chemistry, but he is a defensive point guard, pretty sure he's not too small, actually i wouldn't be too surprised if nuggets do end up acquiring delonte west, but i wouldn't want to give up someone like kleza or jr.smith, and judging on cavs most recent trading trends, (no-one for something), i doubt there going to just give him to us for nothing. But delonte west would be a great starter on this team.:clap:

3RDASYSTEM
08-15-2008, 06:34 PM
All The Nuggets Gotta Do Is Offer Him Mid Level Exception And Its A Done Deal Cuz Cleveland Will Not Match, If Duhon And Whoeva Else Is Worth Between 4-6 Mil He's Better Than Most If Not All

DenButsu
08-15-2008, 10:04 PM
he is a defensive point guard

He's a shooting guard, which is exactly the problem.

As a sg, he'd be 3rd in line after AI and JR in the depth chart, which would be a waste. The only way to make this make sense is if AI plays all 42 of his minutes at the point, letting JR and Delonte divide the sg minutes.

C-Dub
08-15-2008, 10:05 PM
i like kirk better, but this could work if he actually played pg, haha, DEN, we ended up writing that at the same time

chaugh970
08-15-2008, 10:13 PM
chemistry wise I think he'd fit right in with the thuggets.

coltsfan11
08-15-2008, 10:20 PM
He isn't really available. I've been reading reports that suggest he is very close to signing for the qualifying offer. Maybe after next season you can sign him, but as its looking right now, you won't be having Delonte West in a Nuggets uniform this season. Nice thought though.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-15-2008, 11:56 PM
He's a shooting guard, which is exactly the problem.

As a sg, he'd be 3rd in line after AI and JR in the depth chart, which would be a waste. The only way to make this make sense is if AI plays all 42 of his minutes at the point, letting JR and Delonte divide the sg minutes.

He is a point guard, and has been since he came into the league. He is a pretty solid one at that. For the person who said: "If we offered him the Mid-Level exception we would get him easily''. You guys can have him at that, he isn't worth that in my opinion.

avsman05
08-16-2008, 12:05 AM
we are going to use our MLE on JR maybe BLE? or s&t?

TheAnswer037108
08-16-2008, 12:07 AM
I believe hes a point guard who likes to shoot...nevertheless, he can play defense, atleast better than nyone else n the roster....so i say lets get him. Im glad u made this thread because ive been thinkin about delone after cleveland acquired Mo too. He would fit and he has decent size at 6-4.

DenButsu
08-16-2008, 12:18 AM
we are going to use our MLE on JR maybe BLE? or s&t?

We have early bird rights to J.R., so we don't have to use any exceptions to sign him. That's my understanding, at least.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-16-2008, 12:20 AM
I believe hes a point guard who likes to shoot...nevertheless, he can play defense, atleast better than nyone else n the roster....so i say lets get him. Im glad u made this thread because ive been thinkin about delone after cleveland acquired Mo too. He would fit and he has decent size at 6-4.

He doesn't shoot much, seems a little shy at times too do so. He can surprise you with a 15+point game. When I watch him I see a guy who could become a little better at scoring.

He has the ability to score, and play above average defense.

Cleveland's needs:
-perimeter defender (backup/starter)
-Solid big man (backup/starter)

BenFrank
08-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Denver allready has a point guard! His name's Allen Iverson.. I might be from houston, but the only team I cheer for, over the rocket's are the nugget's.

Allen just need's 2 except his roll... he's 6'0.. he can't guard ur average 2.. and if u think about it he can dominate @ the point..

there lookin for another point.. from the 6 foot - 6'4 range really ant gonna work, i'm sorry.. if y'all was able 2 get J-kidd, a healty shawn livingston, or bring magic out of retirement, it would work, but other team's gone take advantage of the missmatch, and thay allready don't play defense

IMO.. the nugget's need a player who can score in the post.. start JR, are find a Starting 2.. and put Allen's @$$ at tha point

TheAnswer037108
08-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Denver allready has a point guard! His name's Allen Iverson.. I might be from houston, but the only team I cheer for, over the rocket's are the nugget's.

Allen just need's 2 except his roll... he's 6'0.. he can't guard ur average 2.. and if u think about it he can dominate @ the point..

there lookin for another point.. from the 6 foot - 6'4 range really ant gonna work, i'm sorry.. if y'all was able 2 get J-kidd, a healty shawn livingston, or bring magic out of retirement, it would work, but other team's gone take advantage of the missmatch, and thay allready don't play defense

IMO.. the nugget's need a player who can score in the post.. start JR, are find a Starting 2.. and put Allen's @$$ at tha point

i 100% agree with u. allen iverson had his best statistical season when he led the overachieving sixers to the playoffs in 04-05 i think it was, playing Point Guard. But, it seems everyone and their mother wants a big point guard.

Delonte is more of a combo guard, much like AI, and hes 6-3 or 6-4 so he can guardthe average 2 unlike carter. So I say go for it. I actually slightly prefer him over Livingston b/c hes healthy but I wouldnt mind Livngston either.

AI
08-18-2008, 02:26 AM
i 100% agree with u. allen iverson had his best statistical season when he led the overachieving sixers to the playoffs in 04-05 i think it was, playing Point Guard. But, it seems everyone and their mother wants a big point guard.

Maybe you were watching another season but it was in 2001 when he led the sixers to the Finals. And no, he wasn't playing SG, Eric Snow was the point guard for the Sixers. Obviously AI had a great season, he was averaging over 30pts a game, he didn't have to defend much because he had Mutombo (Defensive player of the Year) and a great defensive team with the likes of Raja Bell, Eric Snow, George Lynch to counter Iverson's height and erase any possibility of other teams using Iverson's height to the Sixers disadvantage because Snow was a good defender and had a strong body that could hold his own against the SG's in the league.