PDA

View Full Version : Finley turns down Celtics and resigns with Spurs

phlp_bj
08-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Free agent Michael Finley will reportedly remain with the Spurs, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Front office sources revealed on Friday afternoon that Finley and the Spurs have reached terms on a new deal that has been submitted for league approval.

Finley was coveted by a number of teams, but his final choices appeared to be either San Antonio or Boston.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3537371

Dirty Dirk41
08-15-2008, 05:40 PM
wow didnt even know we were interested in bringing Finley in. He would of been a nice vet signing to bring in and have coming off the bench. But he can probably start in S.A with Manu coming off the bench. Good signing for the spurs although they do need to get younger.

kvrnm
08-15-2008, 06:54 PM
thats sucks, finley would have looked good in the green

Joshtd1
08-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Dont know if Fin is starting, since we brought in Mason Jr. Either way, his vet leadership should help.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-15-2008, 06:58 PM
The old continue to stay old, still a good thing to retain players that have had success while being on your team. Not only that, but the Spurs have had success with him.

_Sn1P3r_
08-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Dont know if Fin is starting, since we brought in Mason Jr. Either way, his vet leadership should help.

I think Fin is starting still. He also proved himself in a Spur uniform.

tonyd3b54
08-15-2008, 11:46 PM
wouldve been a niice signing for the celts... o well, i think theyll get some one mid season like sam and pj...

JordansBulls
08-16-2008, 12:09 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3537371

Why would he leave San Antonio now when he has a ring?

*Superman*
08-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Should have went to Boston.:pity:

mosdef17
08-16-2008, 12:23 AM
The old continue to stay old

OUT
Robert Horry (38)
Damon Stoudamire (35)
Brent Barry (36)

IN
Roger Mason Jr. (27)
George Hill (22)
Anthony Tolliver (23)
Ian Mahinmi (21)

The Spurs got considerably younger and just because we signed our first veteran of the offseason doesn't mean we're committed to being an old team because in reality it is the opposite. Ian Mahinmi may not have been a signing but he will not be in the D-League this season, he will be on the squad.

YankeeFan89
08-16-2008, 12:33 AM
hah the spurs aint winning!
LETS GO ROCKETS!

stawka
08-16-2008, 02:24 AM
As much as I don't like, I gotta give him props for sticking with the Spurs and not jumping ships to the defending champ's.

Joshtd1
08-16-2008, 02:33 AM
OUT
Robert Horry (38)
Damon Stoudamire (35)
Brent Barry (36)

IN
Roger Mason Jr. (27)
George Hill (22)
Anthony Tolliver (23)
Ian Mahinmi (21)

The Spurs got considerably younger and just because we signed our first veteran of the offseason doesn't mean we're committed to being an old team because in reality it is the opposite. Ian Mahinmi may not have been a signing but he will not be in the D-League this season, he will be on the squad.

Don't forget that we signed KT, but I dont think his age would be a huge factor.

Yes, our team still is old, but we did get younger as you mentioned. Funny people knock on the Spurs for being old, but Boston's big 3 are older then ours..yet most people seem to think we aren't going to have a chance.

LakerzDQ
08-16-2008, 02:46 AM
Don't forget that we signed KT, but I dont think his age would be a huge factor.

Yes, our team still is old, but we did get younger as you mentioned. Funny people knock on the Spurs for being old, but Boston's big 3 are older then ours..yet most people seem to think we aren't going to have a chance.

you tell'em dude. F' the celtics, and their 3.

barreleffact
08-16-2008, 03:19 AM
im glad finley stuck with the spurs. he's had sucess there and it shows loyalty to his franchise...granted loyalty in a business is stupid, but he is in his latter years so its pretty good to have

mosdef17
08-16-2008, 10:07 PM

We RE-signed KT so it didn't make us any older or younger then last season. I didn't mention Finley or Thomas because we had them last season. I was talking bout the guys we let go and the guys we signed. The transactions that made us younger from last year. I don't care bout people saying we're old. The top 4 teams last season remaining at the end of the playoffs were Boston, Detroit, San Antonio and Lakers. They're all old except the Lakers, right?

EDIT: Actually, the only thing I was wrong about is I said we signed our first veteran of the offseason so yeah that was wrong. Thanks for that.

tonyd3b54
08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
you tell'em dude. F' the celtics, and their 3.

******* ur 3 u couldnt get pass the lakers who our 3 demolished... the most important player of ur 3 is the oldest it has nuthing to do wit parker or ginobili but about how much duncan has in the tank he did hav a down year a year or two ago but proved everybody wrong about him being done this year... speaking of how much duncan has left i think hes got about 3 years left oof 20ppg 10rpg...i think the same bout kg...