PDA

View Full Version : "whose Your Tiger?"

Sheffies Chef
08-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Title says it all. Just name your Tiger and give reasons why if you want. I'll start.

Armando Galarraga.

---After being a nice prospect in the Washington Nationals system. Armando Galarraga was traded to Texas as part of the Alfonso Soriano deal at the trade deadline in 2006. Galarraga pitched in the Rangers' farm system but never was good enough to make it to the show. Last year though he pitched a couple of innings of so-so baseball. In the 2007-2008 offseason, the Detroit Tigers traded outfield prospect Michael Hernandez to the Texas Rangers for Mr. Galarraga.

After Tigers' starter Dontrelle Willis, who was part of the winter blockbuster sending him and star (at the time) third baseman Miguel Cabrera to the Tigers from the Florida Marlins for 6 prospects, suffered a hyper-extended knee against the Chicago White Sox, Galarraga was called up to take his place in the Tigers' rotation.

Thus the Armando Galarraga era began in Detroit...

In Galarraga's Tiger debut in Cleveland, he pitched a very good game to become the winning pitcher in that game where Tigers ate Indians alive. Ever since, Galarraga has been a steady force in the middle of the Tigers' rotation.

With the recent injury to Tampa Bay Rays star rookie third baseman, and likely Rookie of the Year, Evan Longoria, Armando may find himself as the second Tiger to win the rookie of the year in three years (Pitcher Justin Verlander won the award in 2006) because of that injury (Longoria may be out for a few weeks).

With Galarraga's recent success, young age, and the Tigers desperation for proven, big-league quality pitchers, Armando Galarraga, it appears, is in for a good ride as a starter wearing the Olde English D for a couple more years.

So Galarraga went from top prospect, to low prospect, to big-league quality pitcher.

It's true then... "It ain't over until the Tiger Roars!"

SHEF

mark1125
08-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Title says it all. Just name your Tiger and give reasons why if you want. I'll start.

Armando Galarraga.

---After being a nice prospect in the Washington Nationals system. Armando Galarraga was traded to Texas as part of the Alfonso Soriano deal at the trade deadline in 2006. Galarraga pitched in the Rangers' farm system but never was good enough to make it to the show. Last year though he pitched a couple of innings of so-so baseball. In the 2007-2008 offseason, the Detroit Tigers traded outfield prospect Michael Hernandez to the Texas Rangers for Mr. Galarraga.

After Tigers' starter Dontrelle Willis, who was part of the winter blockbuster sending him and star (at the time) third baseman Miguel Cabrera to the Tigers from the Florida Marlins for 6 prospects, suffered a hyper-extended knee against the Chicago White Sox, Galarraga was called up to take his place in the Tigers' rotation.

Thus the Armando Galarraga era began in Detroit...

In Galarraga's Tiger debut in Cleveland, he pitched a very good game to become the winning pitcher in that game where Tigers ate Indians alive. Ever since, Galarraga has been a steady force in the middle of the Tigers' rotation.

With the recent injury to Tampa Bay Rays star rookie third baseman, and likely Rookie of the Year, Evan Longoria, Armando may find himself as the second Tiger to win the rookie of the year in three years (Pitcher Justin Verlander won the award in 2006) because of that injury (Longoria may be out for a few weeks).

With Galarraga's recent success, young age, and the Tigers desperation for proven, big-league quality pitchers, Armando Galarraga, it appears, is in for a good ride as a starter wearing the Olde English D for a couple more years.

So Galarraga went from top prospect, to low prospect, to big-league quality pitcher.

It's true then... "It ain't over until the Tiger Roars!"

SHEF

I like Granderson because of all the tools he has and he seems to love the game.

I like Polanco because he was thrilled to get a shot in Detroit when Detroit was NOT the place to be. He does the little things well and loves the game.

Sheffies Chef
08-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Yea, Grandy is my second favorite, polly's up there. he just got tossed from todays game lol.

DetTigers
08-15-2008, 11:11 PM
I would go with Granderson because hes like a role model to me because I play the outfield and I have learned a lot by watching him and just listining to tips he has given about how to play the outfield has helped me a lot.

DamusFucious777
08-16-2008, 12:25 AM
1) Placido Polanco
2) (Runner Up) Kyle Farnsworth