PDA

View Full Version : New Bosh

BALLER R
08-15-2008, 03:18 PM
i watched every team usa games this summer. i heard alot on interviews and all that and alot of people have praised bosh. watching those games im loving his defence he even said himself that he learned he can play defence..so do u think we will see a new and improved Bosh this season.

KJK
08-15-2008, 04:01 PM
His defence was the one thing he could really improve upon, in my mind. Hopefully he brings that mindset and skills to the Raps this year!

RapsFan4Life
08-15-2008, 04:09 PM
team usa has given bosh a bunch of things
he has learnt leadership skills from the best in kobe kidd and bron bron
his overall defense is continualsy imporving
he has learn to play as not the number one option
he has been able to do little things like help defense rebounding blocks and steals
he has definetly been able to practice offense ...
the biggest thing bosh has done is been able to smell championship, winning winning winning is the bottom line for team USA and bosh will have alot of new tricks and a brilliant new mind set when he gets back to the NBA for the raps and i think he will improbe in not only defense but his whole outlook on the game including decision making
-bosh for 2009/2008 MVP
... wade will get next years

Tom Stone
08-15-2008, 05:12 PM
team usa has given bosh a bunch of things
he has learnt leadership skills from the best in kobe kidd and bron bron
his overall defense is continualsy imporving
he has learn to play as not the number one option
he has been able to do little things like help defense rebounding blocks and steals
he has definetly been able to practice offense ...
the biggest thing bosh has done is been able to smell championship, winning winning winning is the bottom line for team USA and bosh will have alot of new tricks and a brilliant new mind set when he gets back to the NBA for the raps and i think he will improbe in not only defense but his whole outlook on the game including decision making
-bosh for 2009/2008 MVP
... wade will get next years

Yeah man....I agree, great expirence for a young star......with each year bosh gets a bit stronger....and that will help his defence.

dirtybird
08-15-2008, 05:17 PM
I think that Bosh could improve on D, but I think that part of it is the fact that he doesn't need to carry the load on team USA. I wonder if the Raptors were to get a legit 2nd scorer on this team, were Bosh would be able to focus more energy on the defensive end because he wouldn't need to expend as much on offense.

IversonIsKrazy
08-15-2008, 08:35 PM
bosh is still young so ofcourse he is going to b improved next year.

nstojic
08-16-2008, 01:20 AM
if y'all remember, the best i've ever seen VC play was when he was on that USA team, he was an animal!! so fierce! always attacking the rim.. hopefully bosh comes away from the experience with an even more aggressive attitude... sometimes, more swagger helps more than it hinders

GCOOKIE7
08-16-2008, 06:45 AM
ya but i hope he doesnt turn into a bi**h like VC

ramz.n
08-16-2008, 10:14 AM
personally i think bosh was a pretty good 1 on 1 defender but with the workout and playing with the USA team i hope he is a better team defender

kanersen
08-16-2008, 11:47 AM
bosh is a pretty bad 1on1 defender
i always thought his help defence was better then his man to man, and even then it was nothing to write home about

Honest Truth
08-16-2008, 01:02 PM
When I heard the quotes I was under the impression that he meant specifically his role with Team USA. If I understood correctly, he meant that he now understands how to fit in with the team and be an integral role. Either way though, this experience should definitely help him with the Raptors.

lovingTO
08-16-2008, 01:50 PM
I think the reason bosh has been such a lock on defense in the Olympics is the because of the style of the international game. There are alot of finess bigs and this type of player bosh is more suited to guard. This is why bosh has had far more success than Howard thus far. That is not to say that bosh is not always improving his defensive game. He is still young and with time will come more experience. I dont however think he is going to go out next year and be a completely new player defensively. He's going to have to guard some far more physically gifted players and this when he'll have some difficulties. Having JO beside him is going to help him out alot though. I expect the raptors to be a far better defensive team overall next year.

JO Defensive player of the year 08/09! Book it.

blujaysrock
08-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Bosh for MVP in 2009?? what,,,,, maybe lets see if he can put up 22/12

knowledgeGOD
08-16-2008, 02:24 PM
he blocked calderon today when usa vs spain.. i was like ohh ****.. ahaha its not likely to see a dude block another guy on the same nba team

Bausman
08-16-2008, 03:27 PM

well said my man

_Sn1P3r_
08-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Bosh for MVP in 2009?? what,,,,, maybe lets see if he can put up 22/12

It's possible for sure. JO should open things up for him.

Honest Truth
08-16-2008, 09:53 PM
It's possible for sure. JO should open things up for him.

Anything is possible, but I would wager almost every penny I have against it. I would be surprised if he finishes in the top 10 of voting.

argo
08-17-2008, 05:07 AM
bosh and oneal down low is going to be special... our interior defense has been swiss cheese since oakley and davis left.
the raps have never had a problem scoring - defense has been the weakness. can't wait to see how it works out.

ramz.n
08-17-2008, 08:15 AM
bosh is a pretty bad 1on1 defender
i always thought his help defence was better then his man to man, and even then it was nothing to write home about

he always had the speed to keep up with some of the best such as KG and Duncan, but when Bargnani had Dwight Howard..i was hopoing he would be on the backside to help him..but he was just there watching Kapono get dunked on

maxgraham
08-17-2008, 10:13 AM
bosh is a smart guy... anything he learns he will bring with him this year. he will undoubtedly be an improved player.

RAPS424
08-18-2008, 02:21 AM
I think that Bosh could improve on D, but I think that part of it is the fact that he doesn't need to carry the load on team USA. I wonder if the Raptors were to get a legit 2nd scorer on this team, were Bosh would be able to focus more energy on the defensive end because he wouldn't need to expend as much on offense.

LEGIT 2ND SCORER? U MEAN LIKE..I DONT KNOW.. JERMAIN O'NEAL??

dirtybird
08-18-2008, 10:05 AM

O'Neal on a contending team should be no more than at the 3rd scoring option.

Sn1ch_Turna
08-18-2008, 10:30 AM
bosh is playing d against slower, weaker competition... the NBA is definintly more grueling, and thats when the true test will come... i wouldnt start expecting him to be a defensive force anytime soon.

RapsFan4Life
08-18-2008, 03:23 PM
the reason bosh excelles in Team USA is because he is not the go to guy, but they can go to him... he isnt not the number one option always... Christopher often reminds me of Kevin ... probably one of the BEST roll players in the leaugue but cant quite do it all them selves ... need a paul peice or another star to provide a solid option ... dont expect to see Bosh play like this in the regular season when he doesnt have a dwayne passing him the ball and a kobe ready to miss his 7th 3 pointer and lebron running for an ally-oop and jason kidd at half coart adjusting his jock strap ...

RapsFan4Life
08-18-2008, 03:25 PM

i dont think JO can be a legit second scorer, he will be on this team but his character is a solid inside post presense draw fouls and defend the bigs, he can't be putting up 17 ppg ... his defense will be tired .. or he wont shoot over 500, i perfect player for the raps would be a scrappy 2/3 i hate to say it but ... WE WANT IGGY!!

The Wise 1
08-18-2008, 05:51 PM
i dont think JO can be a legit second scorer, he will be on this team but his character is a solid inside post presense draw fouls and defend the bigs, he can't be putting up 17 ppg ... his defense will be tired .. or he wont shoot over 500, i perfect player for the raps would be a scrappy 2/3 i hate to say it but ... WE WANT IGGY!!

The guys never shot over 50% in his life. He isnt going to start now. Hes consistently averaged over 17ppg from when he started to get minutes while still providing stellar defense. I expect him to average around 17ppg or more if he is healthy.

Tom Stone
08-18-2008, 08:24 PM

Bosh turn into a punk like V.C ......NO NO No man......Bosh is an Aries.....Heres a couple qualites of aries, thurst for knowledge....key for a leader and allstar, so he'll always inprove....and they do everything with there strength.......even know he's a finess player, he's a strong finess player...Bosh doesn't have it with in him, to turn into a punk....and you will see him get stronger every year, because he got the drive and believes in leading by example.