PDA

View Full Version : Maybe its not so bad

curtisjr08
08-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Watching some video of J.T. in practice, he didn't look all that bad. We want to win right? Well the credited reasoning behind Sullivan getting the second start is that he is advancing in the playbook according to an NFL.com analyst, which gives us the best chance to win.

I said it in another thread, how concerned I was that the QB's do not know the offense yet. I don't think alex smith puts in the time and study he needs to to be a great QB, all the great ones were known for their work ethic, tom brady, peyton manning, If he doesnt know the offense, how are we going to justify starting him? As far as Shaun Hill goes, he too, still has not grasped the offense.

Maybe starting Sullivan isnt the end of the world. That being said, if he screws up tomorrow, look'n like the hulk is going to be coming out me.

KenTHEsfKING
08-15-2008, 04:57 PM
feel you on that brother - > i'm excited to see what unfolds

DownSouth49er
08-15-2008, 05:31 PM
im at the point now where i'm just ready for the damn season to start, lol....im tired of the preseason and the "qb competition" because it's no longer a competition...if martz feels JTO is the man for the job, then nolan needs to announce it and quit stringing the other two guys along...i'm still confident that we have enough experience and talent on both sides of the ball to be competitive this season.....the one thing that all of us 49ers fans can agree on is that after what we went through last year, we all wanted a new OC....and we have a new OC and i'm happy with that...i maynot agree with his choice for qb, but atleast martz is far improved on Hostler...and that's really what we all wanted....so maybe it isn't so bad...time will tell

KenTHEsfKING
08-15-2008, 05:55 PM
this is true - the fa pickups were better and worse this year - but you can't drop 80 mil on a corner every year nor can you find a ss liek mike lewis every year either - i like us this year too although qb and o-line need work - we'll see those needs reflected in the draft for the next few years to come - and in a year or so - who knows?

Tmac416
08-15-2008, 06:33 PM
i think its joke that smith hasnt gotten areal chacne to win the job. jto is gonna start and be on the bench by week four. at that time nolan will come out and say" i always lkiked alex but he just needed longer time to learn the system and i thought jto gave us the best chance to win at the time but i have full confiendence in alex." watch

wonkman22
08-15-2008, 06:52 PM
i think its joke that smith hasnt gotten areal chacne to win the job. jto is gonna start and be on the bench by week four. at that time nolan will come out and say" i always lkiked alex but he just needed longer time to learn the system and i thought jto gave us the best chance to win at the time but i have full confiendence in alex." watch

maybe there is a reason why alex isnt getting a chance to get the starting spot.maybe he doesnt practice as well as jto does,remember jto already knows the offense thats one advantage for jto. i dnt like jto, but you never he could change my mind and many others. i would rather have hill start thatn jto and smith

sportsnutzz
08-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Watching some video of J.T. in practice, he didn't look all that bad. We want to win right? Well the credited reasoning behind Sullivan getting the second start is that he is advancing in the playbook according to an NFL.com analyst, which gives us the best chance to win.

I said it in another thread, how concerned I was that the QB's do not know the offense yet. I don't think alex smith puts in the time and study he needs to to be a great QB, all the great ones were known for their work ethic, tom brady, peyton manning, If he doesnt know the offense, how are we going to justify starting him? As far as Shaun Hill goes, he too, still has not grasped the offense.

Maybe starting Sullivan isnt the end of the world. That being said, if he screws up tomorrow, look'n like the hulk is going to be coming out me.

WOW where did you get that from? You do know that studying has always been talked about as one of his good strengths right? Urban Meyer talked about how in college Alex spent way more time than anyone studying the offense book. If there is one thing that Alex is not it is lazy and not smart. He might not end up being the most skilled player, but lazy when it comes to studying??...... Did you honestly just make this up? Or is this just a guess from watching him? Everytime I here an analyst talked about him they use the word cerebral. Smith graduated from the University of Utah with an economics degree in just two years with a 3.71 GPA.

Tmac416
08-15-2008, 07:01 PM
maybe there is a reason why alex isnt getting a chance to get the starting spot.maybe he doesnt practice as well as jto does,remember jto already knows the offense thats one advantage for jto. i dnt like jto, but you never he could change my mind and many others. i would rather have hill start thatn jto and smith

or maybe there isnt. or maybe the fact that every local an antional reporter an expert coninutues to tell nolan that his comments an what he actually does makes no sense and he doesnt care.

Any one who think alex doesnt practice as well as jto, please get up and actually read the up the minute blogs that cover camp and include the stats. smith has been just as good as jto. its completely idiotic to not give your 50 mil qb a legit chance to prove himself. period. hill is not a styarting nfl qb. he is an ideal back up. but he is not starter. fact

coltsfan11
08-15-2008, 10:11 PM
He's not that bad in some films that you see of him, but honestly I don't think he will be able to stand up to the pressure that playing over Alex Smith would put on him. He's not the most strong thrower that you've ever seen, and he's not as accurate as you would usually want your starter to be. I really think they should start Smith. Sure he hasn't played well but last season he had a sore shoulder and really shouldn't even have been playing. This year I think you have to go with the QB that gives you the best chance to win and I don't think that J.T. gives them their best chance. I think it's Alex Smith without a doubt.

ninerfan609
08-15-2008, 10:15 PM
im at the point now where i'm just ready for the damn season to start, lol....im tired of the preseason and the "qb competition" because it's no longer a competition...if martz feels JTO is the man for the job, then nolan needs to announce it and quit stringing the other two guys along...i'm still confident that we have enough experience and talent on both sides of the ball to be competitive this season.....the one thing that all of us 49ers fans can agree on is that after what we went through last year, we all wanted a new OC....and we have a new OC and i'm happy with that...i maynot agree with his choice for qb, but atleast martz is far improved on Hostler...and that's really what we all wanted....so maybe it isn't so bad...time will tell

right on, i wasnt happy with osullivan in the race, but, if he wins, he wins. obviously nolan wants to keep his job, so hes gonna go with the best one, not the one who he drafted

Crombiestudd6
08-16-2008, 12:09 AM
exactly i trust martz more than anything! he knows his qb's he knows his **** and i think nolan understands that or at least i hope he does and until he shows me any diff i trust martz

curtisjr08
08-16-2008, 02:27 AM
I would love to see Smith or Hill start, but as niner fans lets be honest,... If Smith and Hill can't conduct the offense to the fullest, then they shouldn't start, and its no ones fault but theirs. That is my thought.

DownSouth49er
08-16-2008, 02:49 AM
i'm gonna give my conspiracy theory and i'm done, lol......martz is using nolan's dumbness to his advantage....martz came to SF with nothing but praise for Alex and saw so much potential in alex...martz knows that nolan is on the hot seat and with a new OC, nolan will more than likely be sucked in by anything that OC throws at him.....so martz gets JTO to come to SF, knowing that he knows the offense already.....this gets nolan on the JTO bandwagon also.....martz knows that JTO may know offense, but he is not as accurate as smith, not as intelligent, or atheletically talented as smith...but nolan doesn't really care for smith, so martz knows nolan will go along with having JTO as the starting QB.....so when JTO loses games for the 49ers, Nolan is fired, and martz is promoted to head coach.....which is what martz wanted in the beginning....and he knew that there was one place where the HC was on a thin thread...and that is why he came to SF....and after this season, smith will have spent a year really learning the offense and will be the next kurt warner and marc bulger.....end of my theory

Crombiestudd6
08-16-2008, 03:21 AM
haha no impossible

DownSouth49er
08-16-2008, 03:56 AM
haha no impossible

Haha I've been throwing back a few cold ones and dat theory came to mind

Brock77
08-16-2008, 07:31 AM
I hate the idea of JTO starting, He is an average back-up at best

I would rather loose with Smith than win with JTO

At least with smith in there I will feel we have a chance

Smith is a good QB, just ask Norv Turner and given the proper reps in this system he would be way better than JTO

How can you expect smith to be up to speed with this new system when he is sharing reps

IMO i think the way NOlan has handled this QB situation, he should be shown the door

Bottom line with alex we have a chance at 8-8 or better with JTO we win 3-4 games at the most

waste of a year

Crombiestudd6
08-16-2008, 10:05 AM
did u just say ud rather lose with smith than win with jt? that makes no sense? shut up u stupid loser? if ud rather lose with alex smith? ur an idiot!!!!!!!!

NinerNation
08-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Alex has not been given a fair chance. Nolan or Martz OR BOTH are being idiots. They both know Alex is more talented. But because nolan knows his job is on the line, he thinks JT is going to help him win a couple of games early? Because of Nolans philosophy and mindset now that he knows he needs to win, and the future doesnt matter, he should have been fired before the season. Stafford in the 09 draft, unless the Yorks or Scotty see the potential of smith and dont mind holding on to him.

WillisLovechild
08-16-2008, 02:24 PM
did u just say ud rather lose with smith than win with jt? that makes no sense? shut up u stupid loser? if ud rather lose with alex smith? ur an idiot!!!!!!!!

why do you have so many question marks after comments? that's a bit peculiar? that's just my opinion?

JT sucks.

Crombiestudd6
08-16-2008, 03:50 PM
ya ok. that was the only one ive ever had so go **** urself ****** how do u know jt sucks? u dont know ****

FNM BOY
08-16-2008, 03:58 PM

Smith is a good QB, just ask Norv Turner and given the proper reps in this system he would be way better than JTO

How can you expect smith to be up to speed with this new system when he is sharing reps

IMO i think the way NOlan has handled this QB situation, he should be shown the door

Bottom line with alex we have a chance at 8-8 or better with JTO we win 3-4 games at the most

waste of a year

Ignorance is not a potent enough word to describe your post...WHOA WTF?

bigmac8675
08-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Rather lose with Alex, than win with JTO...... wow, shame on you. You must be a seahawks fan hoping we lose. :mad:
Although I really want Alex to be our starting QB for numerous reasons..... if JTO does in the job and actually plays well and can lead this team to some W's I will be totally fine with that.

lxl Lou zer lxl
08-16-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm sure they're starting JT so Alex can feel the pressure and make him work harder.

Week 1: Alex Smith will be the starter.

9erlakesdodgers
08-16-2008, 08:30 PM
maybe our coach and team is sick of a guy who underthrows his wrs and has bad timing, i know i am. 3 and outs, interceptions, fumbling the ball. no fun.

Brock77
08-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Well maybe i was a little angry when i said that i rather loose with smith

but if you think the future of the franchise is JTO you need help

I live in canada and i am planing to go to SF and watch SF vs NE, when i heard that JTO might start the season it made me feel like canceling my trip

However if i go to the game i would rather see smith loose to the pats than JTO

JTO is a detroit castoff and IMO he gives you no chance of winning

Atleast with smith i have hope of a winning season

JTO wins 4 games at best if that is what you guys want than you may get it

unlike some of you JTO supporters i want to make the playoffs

and by the way dont call me a seahawks fan!!!

WillisLovechild
08-16-2008, 11:57 PM
ya ok. that was the only one ive ever had so go **** urself ****** how do u know jt sucks? u dont know ****

God calm down and stop being such a *****. it was a joke u ****ing spaz. how do i know JT sucks?

1) How many teams has he been a starter on?
2) What's the longest he's ever been on one team?
3) Why has he been on so many teams?
4) Why did he play in NFL Europe if he's so good?
5) Just watch him play.

974life
08-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Who is giving us the best chance to win right now? its looking like JT, Why is everyone hateing in JT for giving Alex a fight, Alex needs to earn it, its already been handed to him and he hasnt wanted it.

NinerNation
08-17-2008, 02:39 AM
Who is giving us the best chance to win right now? its looking like JT, Why is everyone hateing in JT for giving Alex a fight, Alex needs to earn it, its already been handed to him and he hasnt wanted it.

Hes getting the ONLY chance. Nolans a little ****en *****.

Brock77
08-17-2008, 02:41 AM
maybe you should change your name to JTO lovechild

seems like you have a thing for him

if you cant remember SF was once at the top of the NFL

and JTO is not the QB that is going to make that happen again

you seem to be obsessed with being mediocre(JTO)

DownSouth49er
08-17-2008, 03:05 AM
it's clearly been a conspiracy against smith and hill from the beginning....hill's arm wasn't even "tired" as nolan once mentioned, but that was a way of getting JTO in the mix again...and he jumped from 3rd to 1st....smith haters will always see the light in any other qb besides him, that's nothing new...but we will see what happens once the season starts.....the thing i'm happy about is that nolan is no longer GM and the real GM McCloughan believes in Smith....and i'm willing to bet that Nolan's say one thing, mean another *** will be gone before smith is

WillisLovechild
08-17-2008, 03:41 AM
maybe you should change your name to JTO lovechild

seems like you have a thing for him

if you cant remember SF was once at the top of the NFL

and JTO is not the QB that is going to make that happen again

you seem to be obsessed with being mediocre(JTO)

seriously, you are ********. read what i have written and it is clear that i repeatedly say that JT SUCKS! notice i listed reasons why he sucks. im at a loss of words to describe the stupidity of ur comment. if u were kidding, u didnt give any indication that u were. if u weren't, i hope you seek medical attention, cuz my position on JT is very clear... he's terrible.

Crombiestudd6
08-17-2008, 04:24 AM
we sure got allot of experts here and if jt gets better and better and we win more games are gna be the same people that say o jt bla bla go niners are are u gna say o jt still sucks even tho he is throwing touchdowns has command of the team competative fire everything smith lacks!

Brock77
08-17-2008, 06:25 AM
sorry willislovechild i misread your comments

its crombiestudd who seems to be obsessed with being medicore

JTO sucks

By the way Smith is 7-5 in his last 12 starts

Bottom line Smith can win games, he was 2-0 against the seahawks 2 years ago and seattle was a better team back then (no hutchinson/Alexander)

i would rather start smith and let him work out his issues on the field

WillisLovechild
08-17-2008, 10:35 AM
sorry willislovechild i misread your comments

its crombiestudd who seems to be obsessed with being medicore

JTO sucks

By the way Smith is 7-5 in his last 12 starts

Bottom line Smith can win games, he was 2-0 against the seahawks 2 years ago and seattle was a better team back then (no hutchinson/Alexander)

i would rather start smith and let him work out his issues on the field

bold one: no problem.
bold 2: i agree 100%

ninerfan609
08-17-2008, 05:46 PM
give credit to jto. its only preseason.

Crombiestudd6
08-17-2008, 07:53 PM
exactly wow 7 and 5 and u said i was obcessed with being mediocre! if thats not mediocre i dont know what is hahah 7-5 haha watch out

Tapptout
08-17-2008, 09:24 PM

Yeah, i agree the QB's don't know the offense as well but than again how can you expect them all to know it well when they're not getting reps of a normal starting NFL QB? Alex graduated way early from Utah so he's obviously smart and i remember seeing some vids of Alex training with the lineman and i think it was Vernon on 49ers.com last year so obviously he is not lazy either.

maybe our coach and team is sick of a guy who underthrows his wrs and has bad timing, i know i am. 3 and outs, interceptions, fumbling the ball. no fun.

Yeah, what we need is a guy like JTO who throws 4 yards behind a 5 yard slant and gets picked off inside our own 20.....JT's deep ball to Morgan wasn't exactly on the money either Morgan had to slow down alot.

exactly wow 7 and 5 and u said i was obcessed with being mediocre! if thats not mediocre i dont know what is hahah 7-5 haha watch out

What's the 49ers record without Alex since 05? Oh ya worse than mediocre. So i don't get what your saying.

Crombiestudd6
08-17-2008, 09:36 PM
becuse they had trent dilfer and tim rattay as the qb! homie that was a dumb point

sportsnutzz
08-19-2008, 12:41 AM

waste of a year

:speechless: can you please not argue for my side? Thanks

Wow I just read through this thread some more this has been one intelligent debate :faint: