PDA

View Full Version : The next one: Pargo to Moscow

DeeJay
08-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Free agent guard Jannero Pargo has reached an agreement in principle with Moscow Dynamo for a one-year contract worth about $4 million.

Pargo had been 'leveraging' European offers for a while, and obviously it was no bluff. The Hornets wanted to re-sign Pargo at first, but after signing James Posey there just wasn't enough money left to interest him. Pargo joins Bostjan Nachbar in Moscow, but don't be surprised if he resurfaces in the NBA next season.
Source: Yahoo! Sports

per Rotoworld

superkegger
08-15-2008, 02:10 PM
You're really getting closer I promise! Click once more! (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5738451&postcount=3)

MoBASS
08-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Smart guy.

lakers4sho
08-15-2008, 02:13 PM
No way will any team give him the full MLE, that's his best choice.

Reezy
08-15-2008, 02:15 PM
Dammit, no chance to get him now for the Magic. :(

I would've done the same if I were Pargo though.

NYKnickFanatic
08-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Make that money man.

daleja424
08-15-2008, 02:45 PM
again who cares...this is a guy that no one was overly interested in... at least not for the kind of money he wanted... BYE!

MiamiHeat
08-15-2008, 02:52 PM
he will be like the Chris Paul of Europe
:D

1hardcore
08-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Lot of guys are doing this...

i think it's best way to go !!!!!

FreedomReigns
08-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Going to Russia for more money? Don't these idiot's pay attention to world event's?

That region is a ticking timebomb. U.S. and Russia aren't exactly on the best of terms right now and this guy will play hell getting back to the states if something pops off. Man im baffled. :badidea:

daleja424
08-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Going to Russia for more money? Don't these idiot's pay attention to world event's?

That region is a ticking timebomb. U.S. and Russia aren't exactly on the best of terms right now and this guy will play hell getting back to the states if something pops off. Man im baffled. :badidea:

haha...interesting point... but there is a cease fire agreement in place now... but ya... :badidea:

Westbrook36
08-15-2008, 03:14 PM
:laugh:

Seventh King
08-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Gotta pay the Baby-Momma somehow.

kvrnm
08-15-2008, 06:56 PM
What! jannero is a good player, this is getting ridiculous.

Joshtd1
08-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Thank God the Spurs didnt sign him.

#1Mavericksfan
08-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Not suprised...there was way he was gonna get the full mid level exception.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-15-2008, 08:52 PM
okay

dodgers07champs
08-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Pargo is a nice piece to have off the bench..very good 3 pt shooter, and was a spark off the Hornet's bench last year. He only signed for 1 year, and he had didn't have a better option from an NBA team money wise.

FreedomReigns
08-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Let's see, play in Moscow for a year and win the exclusive ULEB CUP or play for a potential champion in the NBA and win the most important championship of them all?

He would stand to make more money in free agency next season having the credential of NBA Champion as opposed to ULEB champion. The funny part is, he's not even joining a first tier Euro team. Pargo should fire his agent. His agent was trying to make a buck and looking out for himself more than his client. He was suckered, period.

_Sn1P3r_
08-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Best of luck there.

Vinny642
08-16-2008, 02:53 AM
wish we'd resign him but w/e

kazzy4080
08-16-2008, 03:10 AM
Let's see, play in Moscow for a year and win the exclusive ULEB CUP or play for a potential champion in the NBA and win the most important championship of them all?

He would stand to make more money in free agency next season having the credential of NBA Champion as opposed to ULEB champion. The funny part is, he's not even joining a first tier Euro team. Pargo should fire his agent. His agent was trying to make a buck and looking out for himself more than his client. He was suckered, period.

yeah dudes such an idiot for making 4 million a year instead of 2-3ish... i wish i was an idiot

innovator
08-16-2008, 05:00 AM
basketball is a job, pargo got the money so good decision!

dick butane
08-16-2008, 05:22 AM
His entire career he has not gotten the one thing he needs to reach his potential.... playing time. Hopefully Moscow plays him full games. He'll return to the NBA a better player for having made good money for a year.

FreedomReigns
08-18-2008, 06:32 AM
yeah dudes such an idiot for making 4 million a year instead of 2-3ish... i wish i was an idiot

Guess you missed the point.

JWalk126
08-18-2008, 09:55 AM

its called the EuroCup now

king4day
08-18-2008, 10:40 AM

Thing is, if he doesn't win it with the Hornets or Spurs, then the point is moot.
Him playing overseas will have people looking at him without a doubt.
He'll likely play better over there and cause an American team to spill out the mid-level on him even if he doesn't deserve it.

Born2BWild
08-18-2008, 11:22 AM
how can anyone blame pargo for going overseas. as much as these players want to play for an nba team, they have many more millions on the table overseas. You have to go.

Ph1lly Diehard
08-18-2008, 11:40 AM

I don't know about that comment. I'd put the superbowl and the world series ahead of the NBA championship.. All 3 are close in my opinion.

FreedomReigns
08-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't know about that comment. I'd put the superbowl and the world series ahead of the NBA championship.. All 3 are close in my opinion.

Your right, i'd put the other two ahead of an NBA Championship as well. I was commenting specifically on basketball.

FreedomReigns
08-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Thing is, if he doesn't win it with the Hornets or Spurs, then the point is moot.
Him playing overseas will have people looking at him without a doubt.
He'll likely play better over there and cause an American team to spill out the mid-level on him even if he doesn't deserve it.

Point taken. I still think it's boneheaded to sign with a team in Russia with all the tension over there right now. More money or not you still have to question the move for reasons other than championships. With the tensions in that region escalating every day and no end in sight do you really think Pargo's game will improve if his mind is questioning his personal safety?

Trust me, it will get more heated in that region before things get better. Ceasefire or not. Russia hasn't even complied with their end of the agreement yet. The U.S. also agreed with Poland on placing a Patriot Missle Battery there. Medium altitude Air Defense Artillary for those who don't know. That just intensified things a thousand times. A Russian general was quoted as saying that this could lead to a nuclear strike. That's a very bold and threatining statement to make and shouldnt be taken lightly. No matter how unrealistic. Guess im taking this off topic but my concerns are legit. My appologies.