PDA

View Full Version : Overrated Players

Z-ray21
08-15-2008, 02:03 PM
FIRST OF ALL LEBRON JAMES--- LOL JUS KIDDING Y'ALL

AGENT ZERO IMO- people thought he was gonna be MVP last year:rolleyes: yh right

DONT GET ME WRONG HERE ROCKETS FANS BUT DONT YALL THINK YAO IS A LITTLE OVERRATED?

I MEAN HE IS SLOW AND THAT . HE IS ONLY GOOD BECAUSE HE IS 7'6 AND HE GOT BLOCKED BY NATE ROBINSON ONCE .

FOR YAO'S SIZE HE SHOULD BE PUTTING UP 30ppg 12rpg

and stephon marbury once said ' i am the greatest ( funniest thing ive heard in my life

who do yall think is overrrated

bogdanrom
08-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Uhmmmm nobody said Arenas was going to be MVP last year, beacause everyone knew he was coming off an injury. The only time he was in the MVP race was I think 2 years ago, when the Wizards were in first place, and Arenas was averaging close to 30ppg and 6 apg. I don't think he's overrated, figure that, but I think he is overpayed.

Rashard Lewis is definitely overpaid, he got the same contract like Arenas, and he's been a dud in Orlando.

fredv
08-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Wow you forgot the CAPS lock I think... Anyways, Yao is not overrated.. He is a great athlete and is able to play a very very hard game on top of his 7-6! Name me another athlete that size that can put up more than PPG 22,0 RPG 10,80 in the NBA. I might be a bit biased because I am a Rocket fan. And I have never really appreciated Yao because he seemed cold-hearted and wasn't the type of NBA player I appreciate (I like to see players like Lebron and Wade play, giving some show) but I discovered that it is in his nature to not put himself in the spotlight and that he is a very respectful guy.
So no, for me, he is definitely not overrated.

Now, for the overrated guys:

Kobe Bryant. Ok so don't get me wrong, he is the best player in the NBA today. He is a great player, but I tend to think that the PSD people imagine him as "the best player ever" and that probably made him go down in my esteem.

NYKnickFanatic
08-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Kobe Bryant--And Im not even joking.

Marbury is not overrated.

Dirty Dirk41
08-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Yao is far from overrated. Other people his size dont even last in the NBA. Hes the best C in the NBA along with D12.

Arena's is far from overrated. He was not thought of as an MVP candidate last year either? WTF are u talkin about. KG. Bron, CP3,and Kobe were the mvp candidates pretty much.

Ill agree Kobe, atleast on these forums is treated like hes number 1 NBA player of ALL TIME.

S.J.Basketball
08-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Yao = not overrated but Kobe = Overrated?!?! LOL WOW! RI-DICK-YOU-LUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

S.J.Basketball
08-15-2008, 04:25 PM

Marbury isn't rated period...what has he done lately? Lead a team to the playoffs? pfffttttttttttt

black1605
08-15-2008, 04:26 PM
pau gasol

Dirty Dirk41
08-15-2008, 04:28 PM
pau gasol

not anymore.

before the playoffs id say yes...Now people are well aware hes soft and not a premier PF/C in this league.

Z-ray21
08-15-2008, 04:34 PM
i like agent zero nd yea i meant two years ago i didnt think he deserved to be in the race 4 MVP

yao is well the tallest player in the NBA and he is dominant i expect him to be putting up Shaqs early numbers 30/12 . yeah thats right 30/12

S.J.Basketball
08-15-2008, 04:37 PM
i like agent zero nd yea i meant two years ago i didnt think he deserved to be in the race 4 MVP

yao is well the tallest player in the NBA and he is dominant i expect him to be putting up Shaqs early numbers 30/12 . yeah thats right 30/12

Keep dreaming man...keep dreaming....he's gonna get injured middle of the year cuz his body is breaking down from all the crap China keeps putting him through.

The Guy never rests.

Utahjazzfan18
08-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Allen Iverson- There's alot of players that could put up the numbers he did back in philly if they took as many shots as he did.

Westbrook36
08-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Allen Iverson- There's alot of players that could put up the numbers he did back in philly if they took as many shots as he did.

Dude..No..Just No...You dont know basketball then

Z-ray21
08-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Iverson In Philly Was A Top 3 Player Man
Philly Is His Home Lol

fredv
08-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Andrew Bynum.

Litchris12
08-15-2008, 04:53 PM
kobe's not overrated....if u can find me a guy that can score at any will at, any moment, and at any spot on the court then come see me. lebron cant even do that yet but hes getting there.

Z-ray21
08-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Andrew Bynum.

i agree im a laker fan but i think bynum s jus a little overrated
i saw somebody post that bynum is an allstar.... yeah right:rolleyes:

Goon.Weezy
08-15-2008, 05:04 PM
i no this is not a player but the 76ers.........people predict that they are going to be 2nd in the east.......thats just absurd......just cuz they get 1 player (elton brand).......doesnt mean they are going to be top 2............tops 4th or 5th

IversonIsKrazy
08-15-2008, 05:12 PM
pau gasol
starbury

Hawkeye15
08-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Amare. Sure he can score, he has one of the best points in the league, but he doesn't rebound enough for his athletic ability, and is a terrible defender.

bogdanrom
08-15-2008, 05:23 PM

That year the Wizards were first in the East and in the top 3 or 4 in the NBA before the All Star Break. He was the best player on the Wizards, averaging close to 30 ppg and 6 apg. Remember when Dirk won it, he was the best player on the team with the best record. Then everything fell apart. Jamison got inured, then Caro, then Arenas, and the whole season fell apart. I still don't think he would have won it but he would have finished at least top 5.

Dirty Dirk41
08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
i no this is not a player but the 76ers.........people predict that they are going to be 2nd in the east.......thats just absurd......just cuz they get 1 player (elton brand).......doesnt mean they are going to be top 2............tops 4th or 5th

i dont think they will be a 2 seed in the East, but i also dont think the 76ers are overrated. I think last season they over achieved and ALMOST beat Detroit wthout Brand. If they had Brand they would have easily won that series. Now they have Brand and can move Iggy to the 2 guard.

C-Dalembert
PF-Brand
SF-Young
SG-Iggy
PG-Miller

how is that overrated. they were the 7th seed last year an i think they can easily get 4-5 this year.

brodawgs
08-15-2008, 05:25 PM
The entire Lakers franchise.

Skins4Life
08-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Idk why everyone is calling arenas overrated... IMO, how can you call someone overrated if he doesnt play for more than 1 season+? Yes, i agree that he is definitely over paid, just like mostly everyone who was a Free Agent this year, and he is really bad at defense... but that doesnt make him overrated... When arenas is healthy, the guy is one the most explosive and clutch players in the game...

still1ballin
08-15-2008, 05:43 PM

get off the haterade

Gilbert>TheRest
08-15-2008, 05:48 PM
FIRST OF ALL LEBRON JAMES--- LOL JUS KIDDING Y'ALL

AGENT ZERO IMO- people thought he was gonna be MVP last year:rolleyes: yh right
DONT GET ME WRONG HERE ROCKETS FANS BUT DONT YALL THINK YAO IS A LITTLE OVERRATED?

I MEAN HE IS SLOW AND THAT . HE IS ONLY GOOD BECAUSE HE IS 7'6 AND HE GOT BLOCKED BY NATE ROBINSON ONCE .

FOR YAO'S SIZE HE SHOULD BE PUTTING UP 30ppg 12rpg

and stephon marbury once said ' i am the greatest ( funniest thing ive heard in my life

who do yall think is overrrated

no one said that.

Gilbert>TheRest
08-15-2008, 05:50 PM
gilbert played 12 games last year so how can u expect him to be mvp?

Utahjazzfan18
08-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Dude..No..Just No...You dont know basketball then

You're just proving my point. Everyone thinks the world of Iverson even though he averages like 42% shooting. If you're jacking up 25-40 shots a game you better be averaging better then that.

JIDsanity
08-15-2008, 06:21 PM
This us gonna get closed. Not necessary to bash players

The83rdWonder
08-15-2008, 06:32 PM
You're just proving my point. Everyone thinks the world of Iverson even though he averages like 42% shooting. If you're jacking up 25-40 shots a game you better be averaging better then that.

Actually he's average 45% on the field, and 9 free throw attempts per game since being traded to Denver.

Jay22Redd
08-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Bynum

kvrnm
08-15-2008, 06:51 PM
jose calderon, is overrated on this site by raps fans

bogdanrom
08-15-2008, 10:32 PM
^ So true. He went from underrated to overrated so fast.

Mr. 3 Stacks
08-15-2008, 10:47 PM
I reall dont think you can call anyone overrated anymore.... everyone has talent and weakness and it just depends on the amount of emphasis/expectations society/franchise puts on them.
I would only say that rookies can be overrated b/c people set expectations too high for them.

bogdanrom
08-16-2008, 01:09 AM
I reall dont think you can call anyone overrated anymore.... everyone has talent and weakness and it just depends on the amount of emphasis/expectations society/franchise puts on them.
I would only say that rookies can be overrated b/c people set expectations too high for them.

Yeah I seemed to notice that too. I've seen people rank these player way to high. People expecting rookies to lead teams to the playoffs and turning teams around.

Diehardheatfan
08-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Bynum and Arenas. Bynum could end up living up to the hype. We will find out this year! Arenas is a stud considering all that he has achieved but now people putting him up with lebron, kobe, wade. Not up there sorry

ARMIN12NBA
08-16-2008, 01:23 AM
Yao is far from overrated. Other people his size dont even last in the NBA. Hes the best C in the NBA along with D12.

Arena's is far from overrated. He was not thought of as an MVP candidate last year either? WTF are u talkin about. KG. Bron, CP3,and Kobe were the mvp candidates pretty much.

Ill agree Kobe, atleast on these forums is treated like hes number 1 NBA player of ALL TIME.

PSD did a top 11 of all time list and Kobe didn't make the list. I don't think a majority of the people on these forums treat him like the greatest player of all time. Everybody has their opinions and some people believe that other players are the greatest besides Michael Jordan. I think you have to decide how the majority of the media and public views a player. Going by that, Kobe is nowhere near overrated as he gets ridiculed by the media and public as much as he gets praised.

Wow you forgot the CAPS lock I think... Anyways, Yao is not overrated.. He is a great athlete and is able to play a very very hard game on top of his 7-6! Name me another athlete that size that can put up more than PPG 22,0 RPG 10,80 in the NBA. I might be a bit biased because I am a Rocket fan. And I have never really appreciated Yao because he seemed cold-hearted and wasn't the type of NBA player I appreciate (I like to see players like Lebron and Wade play, giving some show) but I discovered that it is in his nature to not put himself in the spotlight and that he is a very respectful guy.
So no, for me, he is definitely not overrated.

Now, for the overrated guys:

Kobe Bryant. Ok so don't get me wrong, he is the best player in the NBA today. He is a great player, but I tend to think that the PSD people imagine him as "the best player ever" and that probably made him go down in my esteem.

Wow! I think Kobe Bryant went from perfectly rated to underrated now. I'm not joking either.

SwaggaIke
08-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Overrated? Dwyane Wade. O wait, that was 3 1/2 weeks ago before the wheels on his bandwagon broke from the weight in it.

kvrnm
08-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Overrated? Dwyane Wade. O wait, that was 3 1/2 weeks ago before the wheels on his bandwagon broke from the weight in it.

haha:clap:

Sinattle
08-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Durant

Lone Maverick
08-16-2008, 10:31 PM
This might be grounds to get me shot but meh =/ but some players I tend to think are overrated are:

........Bron Bron AKA LeBron James..........for now. Right now he is overrated slightly (especially by ESPN and most of their analysts and hosts except SKip Bayless :rolleyes: ) Every time anyone mentions him a Jordan comparison is soon followed. I don't think that comparison is fair and or valid until LeBron wins a ring or two. So until he does that he will be overrated imo. Kinda weird to think the 2nd best player in the world can be overrated but it is what it is.

Dwight Howard- At this point he is ALL athleticism ( though I expect that will change in the next year or so), is a liability in the pick and roll on defense, and the vast majority of his offense is dunking, dunking and more dunking. I guess you can say for him that "if it aint broke......" but I say take a guy like Tim Duncan who rarely dunks but because he has a bigger arsenal of moves at his disposal he is a tougher match up for the guys guarding him (hi Amare :) ) My point being that until Dwight develops more moves he isn't really worthy of "Best Center in the league" that title still belongs to Yao.

Paul Pierce- Regardless of them winning it all this year or not, every analyst jumped on his bandwagon, thus adding him to my list. I don't even have to mention his "injury" in the finals. I don't see as nothing more than a scorer ( a great one but still just a scorer)

Bynum- Overrated until further notice since he hasn't done anything.......yet.

Should be added that overrated really is in the eye of the poster and its all opinion especially since many of us are prisoners of the moment.

hyp21
08-16-2008, 10:43 PM
^Paul Pierce overrated???? NO sir. I HATE the Celts but Double P is goddamn bonified bro. Bynum, we dunno yet. Verdict is still out. LeBron? C'mon now man.....think you're trying to stir the pot a bit. The guy is an outstanding talent. And so is D Howard. Here's my overrated list:

YAO: Til you can stay healthy and stop getting boomed on by every sub 6'6 player in the league....you're overrated as hell. Gain some weight, use that 7'6 or however tall you are height to JUMP when defenders approach and stop being so flat footed, and live up to the hype.

T-Mac: Get outta the first round and stop being hurt every year, nuff said.

Dirty Dirk: He's proven it in the playoffs. He's just not the leader everyone wanted him to be. He's crumbled under pressure come playoff time enough to prove so. When they bring a 300 year old Jason Kidd to try and bail you out, it doesn't look too good on you as the team "star"

Ben Gordon: Lotta mouth, lotta lotta mouth. I personally want someone to be dumb enough to give him a big payday in the NBA so Bulls fans can laugh at him and wherever he ends up fans' can boo him outta the gym. Stop being so greedy and put up WINS with numbers of some of the elite 2 guards THEN ask for a 70+ mil contract.

Pau Gasol: FOR NOW, he was overrated cause of the hype and pressure added when he came to L.A. as the "final peice to win it all" and he didn't produce like people expected, give him time though cause he's new to being on a winning team in the league...he's gonna be off this list really soon.

Agent 0 Gilbert Arenas: WHY? Well, your team wins and plays better WITHOUT you...you figure it out!

Boston Celtics: Win it once, shame on me, Win it twice...shame on the Lakers. They are an EXCELLENT team no doubt and the obvious best team in the land seeing they won the title, I won't make excuses for my lakers, we all know how tough the west is, but next time the celts won't get so many chances in the east....

mosdef17
08-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Mehmet Okur? He is a starting centre and I guess Utah have no other options but he rarely comes up big for a guy nicknamed "Money Okur". He doesn't play defense and camps on the 3 point line in offense. But, for some reason a lot of people like this guy.

mosdef17
08-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Ben Gordon: Lotta mouth, lotta lotta mouth. I personally want someone to be dumb enough to give him a big payday in the NBA so Bulls fans can laugh at him and wherever he ends up fans' can boo him outta the gym. Stop being so greedy and put up WINS with numbers of some of the elite 2 guards THEN ask for a 70+ mil contract.

Damn Straight.

Also, Mehmet Okur? He is a starting centre and I guess Utah have no other options but he rarely comes up big for a guy nicknamed "Money Okur". He doesn't play defense and camps on the 3 point line in offense. But, for some reason a lot of people like this guy.

LAcowBOMBER
08-16-2008, 11:01 PM
^Paul Pierce overrated???? NO sir. I HATE the Celts but Double P is goddamn bonified bro. Bynum, we dunno yet. Verdict is still out. LeBron? C'mon now man.....think you're trying to stir the pot a bit. The guy is an outstanding talent. And so is D Howard. Here's my overrated list:

YAO: Til you can stay healthy and stop getting boomed on by every sub 6'6 player in the league....you're overrated as hell. Gain some weight, use that 7'6 or however tall you are height to JUMP when defenders approach and stop being so flat footed, and live up to the hype.

T-Mac: Get outta the first round and stop being hurt every year, nuff said.

Dirty Dirk: He's proven it in the playoffs. He's just not the leader everyone wanted him to be. He's crumbled under pressure come playoff time enough to prove so. When they bring a 300 year old Jason Kidd to try and bail you out, it doesn't look too good on you as the team "star"

Pau Gasol: FOR NOW, he was overrated cause of the hype and pressure added when he came to L.A. as the "final peice to win it all" and he didn't produce like people expected, give him time though cause he's new to being on a winning team in the league...he's gonna be off this list really soon.

Agent 0 Gilbert Arenas: WHY? Well, your team wins and plays better WITHOUT you...you figure it out!

Boston Celtics: Win it once, shame on me, Win it twice...shame on the Lakers. They are an EXCELLENT team no doubt and the obvious best team in the land seeing they won the title, I won't make excuses for my lakers, we all know how tough the west is, but next time the celts won't get so many chances in the east....

I don't know where you personally rate Paul Peire, but a decent amount of people on here seem to think he is a top ten player in the league, some claim even higher. He is not a top ten player.

fairandbalanced
08-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Overrated: Kobe (the mamba) Bryant.
Underrated: Dwyane (Flash) wade.

hyp21
08-16-2008, 11:21 PM
^How you figure??? Pierce is a damn good player, I'm sorry. I would put him top 10. He's carried that team even before K.G. got there. He's a very good player, hard to defend, nice shooter, can drive the hole like a mack truck into a pinhole, and can guard anyone in the league. He's an all around good player. May never be a hall of famer, but dude gets his due man. He's a good player. I think the players I named above deserve more to be called underrated than he does. We'll agree to disagree however though

hyp21
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM

Are you serious? EVERYONE knows D Wade is the truth and EVERYONE HATES to know that Kobe is too. C'mon man. Come betta than that. Can't be overrated when you lead your team to the finals almost single handedly.

LakersKB24
08-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Call me naive, but I gotta go with LeBron James.
I'm not hatin', but he is hyped so freakin much by the media, that it's making me sick. He's always called the next MJ, but this is ridiculous. You can't compare LBJ to MJ... James doesn't have the all around skills that Jordan had, but it seems to me that some people just overlook that. He his rated too much by his stats and you have to respect, that he's the only player in Cleveland who can put up those numbers. If he had some help, his numbers would decrease.
Of course, LeBron James is one of the greatest players in the league, and he still has many years to prove that he can match up with MJ, but for now he's slightly overrated to me.

SwaggaIke
08-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Call me naive, but I gotta go with LeBron James.
I'm not hatin', but he is hyped so freakin much by the media, that it's making me sick. He's always called the next MJ, but this is ridiculous. You can't compare LBJ to MJ... James doesn't have the all around skills that Jordan had, but it seems to me that some people just overlook that. He his rated too much by his stats and you have to respect, that he's the only player in Cleveland who can put up those numbers. If he had some help, his numbers would decrease.
Of course, LeBron James is one of the greatest players in the league, and he still has many years to prove that he can match up with MJ, but for now he's slightly overrated to me.

If that's what you're basing it off of then Kobe too is overrated. He was also called the next Jordan. What has he done to even come close to Jordan? The only thing he has that would put him in Jordan's league is 3 titles. No defensive player of the year awards. 1 MVP to Jordan's 5. 0 Finals MVP's to Jordan's 6. 2 scoring titles to the numerous amounts Jordan had. Career scoring average doesn't even come close. Now for the record I don't believe Kobe or LeBron are overrated. But if you're basing LeBron being overrated as compared to MJ, then he has no chance and neither do any of the other top guards in the league.

watch the kobe lovers come out and bash me for talking about Kobe

ARMIN12NBA
08-18-2008, 02:51 AM
If that's what you're basing it off of then Kobe too is overrated. He was also called the next Jordan. What has he done to even come close to Jordan? The only thing he has that would put him in Jordan's league is 3 titles. No defensive player of the year awards. 1 MVP to Jordan's 5. 0 Finals MVP's to Jordan's 6. 2 scoring titles to the numerous amounts Jordan had. Career scoring average doesn't even come close. Now for the record I don't believe Kobe or LeBron are overrated. But if you're basing LeBron being overrated as compared to MJ, then he has no chance and neither do any of the other top guards in the league.

watch the kobe lovers come out and bash me for talking about Kobe

No he wasn't. Not coming out of high school. After a few years in the NBA, people started comparing him to Michael Jordan. He actually had to earn his way to gain that comparison unlike Lebron who was given that comparison in middle school. Also Bryant is more like Jordan because they are both great overall players. They have no glaring or apparent weaknesses. Both good shooters, defenders, post players, etc. Lebron is a very weak shooter, defender, and post player. He is not a great all-around player like Kobe or Jordan are. That is what he was trying to explain. Lebron is nothing like Michael Jordan in his style of play. He should not be compared to Michael Jordan.

Jay22Redd
08-18-2008, 03:12 AM
Cant believe Battier is called the most overrated player. He's obviously underrated but it doesnt really matter what people say. Every offensive player Battier holds has a tough time scoring and when they know they have to face him, they know they have to play extra harder. Battier is a great defender and even though he isnt a great offensive player, he can knock down any kind of three pointer. Open to in your face. He proved that when he hit the game winner against the Lakers with a hand in his face, I believe it was in LA too.

SwaggaIke
08-18-2008, 03:13 AM
No he wasn't. Not coming out of high school. After a few years in the NBA, people started comparing him to Michael Jordan. He actually had to earn his way to gain that comparison unlike Lebron who was given that comparison in middle school. Also Bryant is more like Jordan because they are both great overall players. They have no glaring or apparent weaknesses. Both good shooters, defenders, post players, etc. Lebron is a very weak shooter, defender, and post player. He is not a great all-around player like Kobe or Jordan are. That is what he was trying to explain. Lebron is nothing like Michael Jordan in his style of play. He should not be compared to Michael Jordan.

Either way that is still a weak point of emphasis trying to explain why LeBron is overrated. I can find countless amounts of articles saying "Could Kobe Bryant" be the next Jordan. He has been compared to Jordan this entire decade. Infact Grant Hill, Vince, Tracy and Kobe all have been dubbed the next Jordan. Was that enough to deem them overrated in their primes? Never. And now we're talking about a guy who's 23 years of age and isn't even in the prime of his career yet. He's done things that people have never even come close to do at this juncture in their careers at 23. 2 All Star game MVP's, a Finals appearance while knocking off one of the greatest starting 4/5's of this era almost by himself. Name me another player who's resume even comes close to LeBron's individually by age 23. And please don't say Kobe because the only thing he had over LeBron at 23 was titles. And I highly doubt he would have those if he had been depended on to resurrect a franchise.

ARMIN12NBA
08-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Either way that is still a weak point of emphasis trying to explain why LeBron is overrated. I can find countless amounts of articles saying "Could Kobe Bryant" be the next Jordan. He has been compared to Jordan this entire decade. Infact Grant Hill, Vince, Tracy and Kobe all have been dubbed the next Jordan. Was that enough to deem them overrated in their primes? Never. And now we're talking about a guy who's 23 years of age and isn't even in the prime of his career yet. He's done things that people have never even come close to do at this juncture in their careers at 23. 2 All Star game MVP's, a Finals appearance while knocking off one of the greatest starting 4/5's of this era almost by himself. Name me another player who's resume even comes close to LeBron's individually by age 23. And please don't say Kobe because the only thing he had over LeBron at 23 was titles. And I highly doubt he would have those if he had been depended on to resurrect a franchise.

Many analysts say how he is a really good shooter yet he ranks 43rd out of 43 players for high volume 3 point shooters in percentages (31%) and also shoots a very low 35% from mid-range. I think that is enough to call him overrated; at least in regards to his outside shooting.

At this age Kobe had 3 NBA titles, 1 All-Star Game MVP, and 3 All-Defensive Teams as well as All-NBA teams compared to Lebrons Finals appearance, 2 All-Star Game MVP (1 very undeserved- Ray Allen should've won it), and 0 Defensive Teams as well as All-NBA teams. I think they match up comparably since Kobe was on a few Defensive Teams.

KingsMadness44
08-18-2008, 04:06 AM
I am supprised that no one has named these people

Shawn Marion- i shouldnt even have to justify this
Carmelo Anthony- he has yet to prove to be an elite player in the NBA and shouldnt even have made the olympic team
Tyson Chandler- until CP3 came along he was nothing and now people r saying hes 1 of the best centers in the league
Lamar Odom- very soft and he wines to much
Michael Redd- good shooter but nothing else
Vince Carter- he has been on a downward slump for awhile now
Jermaine O'Neal- now that hes on the raptors hes gunna be a great player again sorry not gunna happen

Lakersfan2483
08-18-2008, 04:39 AM
To say someone is overrated is tough, but players that have not lived up to their potential are the following guys: Vince Carter, Jermaine O'neal, Rasheed Wallace (he's extremely talented), Lamar Odom (immensely talented, but weak-minded), Carmelo Anthony (mentally weak), Amare (I was dissapointed with his defense against San Antonio, weak defender), T-Mac (he has to get further than the first round especially with the talent he has on his team).

JJ81
08-18-2008, 06:22 AM

The Lakers franchise has made the finals almost every other season

JJ81
08-18-2008, 06:23 AM

How can the best player in the league be overrated? And how exactly is Wade underrated, there are loads of people who are obsessed with him. The only reason why people have been saying bad things about him is the past couple of seasons (injuries). So how could he be underrated?

innovator
08-18-2008, 10:12 AM
wow many hate ben gordon, even if he is one of the main reasons why the bulls made the playoffs the past few years except this season

Drewlius
08-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Calderon - Give it a rest, people are so high on this guy already, give it another year or two.
Bynum - This should be obvious.
R. Allen - Still great player, but don't think he's as good as people think he is. Don't get me wrong, still very good.
R. Artest - Sorry, but everyone thinking the Rockets are instantly going to challenge for the Championship because Artest joined them, is making him incredibly overrated.

weebs
08-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Gilbert Arenas, without question.

bball1217
08-18-2008, 11:51 AM

Name me one player above 7'3 that put up those kind of numbers and lasted 5 seasons as being a dominant center. By the way, Shaq is only like 7'1 or 7'2, so he does not count.

To be able to put up 20/10/2 and be 7'6 is a very hard task. I can only think of one player that came close to doing what Yao is doing today, Ralph Sampson, and he only lasted like 3 or 4 years before he got nailed with injuries. Yao also gets injured, but he is able to come back from them every year and put up 20/10/2.

Nobody seems to take in the fact that height is a great advantage but also a great disadvantage, it is hard to be athletic enough to be a NBA center at 7'6.

I could see Dwight eventually putting up 30/12/3 some day, but he is about 6 or 7 inches shorter and way more athletic. However Yao is way better offensively, besides the dunking of Dwight.

There is not that many big men who shoot 85% from the FT line and can come out past the FT line and hit a mid-range jumper any game.

This is why I think he is not overrated.