PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu

Wilson
08-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about Polamalu and how close he is to re-joining the team?

I'm getting concerned about the amount of time he's missing. Obviously it will be huge for him to come back fully healthy, but I'm worried about the effects it could have on chemistry, especially with how much he moves around on the field.

CubbieSteve
08-15-2008, 04:22 PM
I read an article saying that he's close to returning. But really, I have no idea.

sep11ie
08-15-2008, 05:51 PM
I think they are just being extra careful with him. The way way he throws his body around he takes a banging.

Shieldsz
08-16-2008, 01:07 AM
He used to NEVER be injured, it seems he's injured all the time now. Hope he gets better, our defense is a lot worse without that hair :)

NYMetros
08-17-2008, 02:24 PM
The Steelers are targeting Tuesday for S Troy Polamalu to come off the PUP list and begin practicing with the team.

Polamalu has been out all of training camp with a hamstring injury, so it will be interesting to see if he suits up for game action this week.

rotoworld

Fordy
08-17-2008, 08:41 PM
The Steelers are targeting Tuesday for S Troy Polamalu to come off the PUP list and begin practicing with the team.

Polamalu has been out all of training camp with a hamstring injury, so it will be interesting to see if he suits up for game action this week.

rotoworld

I also saw on sportingnews.com that he was going to practice on tuesday.

Shieldsz
08-18-2008, 12:37 AM
good to hear

Steelersbud420
08-18-2008, 10:20 PM
Hope his production is up this year

Steelinks
08-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Hope he stays Healthy. The D is just not the same without him.

NYMetros
08-19-2008, 11:29 AM
If he stays healthy all year and is 100%, then I see no reason why he won't be like how he was 2 seasons ago. His presence is much needed in the secondary and we need him out there running all around the field making plays for us.

wylie
08-19-2008, 01:47 PM
It's amazing what a difference maker he is when he's healthy. He can change the whole flow the oppositions offense. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that he can stay healthy all year.

Steelersbud420
08-19-2008, 09:07 PM
yeah he def has to stay healthy!

GoCubbies65
08-20-2008, 04:51 PM
I have a feeling that after training in his normal atmosphere and doing the things that he knows get him ready for the season he will have a better mental image of the season than last year and I'm sure that he feels better about getting out on the field because he knows he did what he needed to do.

Also if he stays healthy and plays well all year which I think he will, I'd let him go do his personal training again if he would like too. I have no problem with that.

TheRedMarauder
08-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Troy Polamalu officially came off the PUP list and practiced Tuesday.

Polamalu didn't really test his ginger hamstring in practice because he wants to play it smart. He's aiming to play Saturday against Minnesota, but there's a possibility he'll be held out as a precaution.

rotoworld

NYMetros
08-20-2008, 05:55 PM
I'd rather have him be held out of the preseason game to rest it, honestly. I don't want him to risk re-injuring his hamstring and missing even more time. He can play the final preseason game and then be ready to go for the season. Don't risk it.

Good to see him out there though.

coltsfan11
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I'm glad to see that he's back on the practice field and starting to get ready for the season. I agree that it would probably be best to hold him out of the rest of the preseason games just to make sure that he doesn't rush back and get injured again. He's such an important part of their defense. He is the Bob Sanders of the Steelers and without him, their defense looks lost a lot of the time.

steeler_stev
08-21-2008, 05:03 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_584055.html

This made me smile. Can't wait to see "The Hair" tearin up the turf on Saturday