PDA

View Full Version : Western Conference: 3rd best record (3 of 8)

JordansBulls
08-15-2008, 01:24 PM
The poll for the 2nd best record/2nd seed is over in the West conference. Click the team name for poll results. The winner of the previous polls will not be included in new polls. The order of the teams in each poll will be according to the previous poll results. After the 8th best record is determined, the seedings will be adjusted accoring to league rules.

(1) LA Lakers (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258909) - Pacific Division

(2) New Orleans (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259506) - Southwest Division

still1ballin
08-15-2008, 01:39 PM
gotta go spurs.

rapswin98
08-15-2008, 01:40 PM
houston or SA but i voted for the rockets

superkegger
08-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Man, the top 7 are a coin flip IMO. I think maybe the lakers, spurs, and hornets might be on a tier just slightly higher than everybody else, but meh, houston, dallas, phoenix and Utah are right there behind them. Any of those teams could take 1st or 7th IMO. A sprained ankle here, and flu bug there and everything could change. I think this year will be an even tighter western conference race than last year, because I think the blazers and clippers will make more noise...

Joshtd1
08-15-2008, 01:55 PM
I think the Spurs here

AgentViet
08-15-2008, 01:58 PM
I don't think the Spurs will win as many games as the other top Western squads, but they'll dominate in the playoffs. I like the underdog dark horse Utah Jazz at #3.

coltsfan11
08-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't think that there is any question who the 3rd best team in the West is. It has to be the Houston Rockets. With their new big three of T-Mac, Yao, and Ron Artest they bring three different things, yet three of the same things together. T-Mac is an offensive wonder, his defense isn't great but it's not bad either. With Yao Ming, you get yet again scoring as well as very good post defense. With Ron Artest once again he brings scoring and amazing perimeter defense. Once you start throwing in the rest of the players like Battier, Scola, Landry (if they can re-sign him), and maybe Aaron Brooks along with Mutumbo, you have a great team. Rockets fans should be looking forward to a deep playoff run if not a run to the Finals. I think they have a very good shot at winning the Finals.

superkegger
08-15-2008, 01:59 PM
I think the Spurs here

shocker.

Dirty Dirk41
08-15-2008, 02:20 PM
I think the Spurs here

I think they'll be 1-2 seed so of course im picking them 3rd

mightybosstone
08-15-2008, 03:03 PM
I don't think that there is any question who the 3rd best team in the West is. It has to be the Houston Rockets. With their new big three of T-Mac, Yao, and Ron Artest they bring three different things, yet three of the same things together. T-Mac is an offensive wonder, his defense isn't great but it's not bad either. With Yao Ming, you get yet again scoring as well as very good post defense. With Ron Artest once again he brings scoring and amazing perimeter defense. Once you start throwing in the rest of the players like Battier, Scola, Landry (if they can re-sign him), and maybe Aaron Brooks along with Mutumbo, you have a great team. Rockets fans should be looking forward to a deep playoff run if not a run to the Finals. I think they have a very good shot at winning the Finals.

:clap::clap::clap:

AllTheWay
08-15-2008, 03:33 PM

they have to get out of the first round first

AllTheWay
08-15-2008, 03:34 PM
I'd go with the Jazz and then the Spurs before the Rox

hockeypro68
08-15-2008, 03:55 PM
I think Hornets are being overrated now. I don't see them beating out the Spurs or Rockets next season. I think Rockets will get 2nd, Spurs 3rd, and if New Orleans is lucky, they'll get 4th. People know the team is for real now.

Jay22Redd
08-15-2008, 06:59 PM
I got the Hornets at three but since they already at 2....

Rockets at 3!

IversonIsKrazy
08-15-2008, 09:41 PM
spurs with this 1. how the hell did phoenix get 8 votes??

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-15-2008, 10:21 PM
rockets no question about it

stawka
08-15-2008, 10:25 PM
I gotta go with the Rockets on this one. If they stay healthy, they'll be lethal

cbs134679
08-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Rockets should have been #1 their gonna be the best defensive team in the west.

Vinny642
08-16-2008, 02:42 AM
1. Lakers
2. Hornets
3. Rockets
4. Spurs
5. Jazz

innovator
08-16-2008, 04:49 AM
voted for houston

Dirty Dirk41
08-16-2008, 12:23 PM
I think Hornets are being overrated now. I don't see them beating out the Spurs or Rockets next season. I think Rockets will get 2nd, Spurs 3rd, and if New Orleans is lucky, they'll get 4th. People know the team is for real now.

i been saying this for a while now. The hornets, make no mistake are a great team, but teams wont take them lightly. I dont think the Lakers will be the number one seed. Spurs are getting no respect. do you people realize it will be 2009. thats and odd year. Duncan, Manu, and Parker are going to the finals

BostonPothead
08-16-2008, 01:20 PM
I voted Dallas. R.Carlisle s going to have those boys playing good team basketball. The MAVS are going to shock alot of fans this up coming season

yaowowrocket11
08-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Definitely the Rockets. This team had the 4th best record in the West, only behind the Lakers by 2 games, and had a 22 win streak, and won 11 of those games without the best center in the league, Yao Ming. The addition of Ron Artest will improve this team offensively and defensively. Scola will also improve, with 1 year under his belt at the NBA level. Alston is still capable of leading this team, and we all know T-Mac and Yao can play. This team has a chance at overtaking the Lakers for the best record, and will AT LEAST get the 3rd best record in the West.