PDA

View Full Version : this is really getting anoying !!!!!!!!

KiNgSuNs1
08-15-2008, 06:16 AM
im loveing are line up........ i hate how everyone that isnt a suns fan is predicting that we either barely make the playoffs or we dont get in at alll. when were way better then we were last year. we actually have depth and when goran comes over were going to be set. i guess people dont realise that these other teams in the west are loseing assets to there teams while we have only gotten bettter.

new orleans -pargo is a big asset to dem ....hes the only reason they beat us dude went offf for like 30 a game against us...

san antonio- finley .....bottom line there gettting really old........and we got a score to settle with them...

lakers....there still soffft....and lost turiaf...ya they get bynum but no way is gasoland him going to beat our towers......

dallas ..........we never have a problem with dem .....

denver .......they gave camby away......

warriors .....let there team gooo........

houston......there injury prone.......china is killing yao.....mcgrady enuff said...there team looks great on paper but well seee what happens....

utah.......not sure what they have done but ya .......lol ........

but in alll we have gottten better and defense of minded with a better stafff ......the only thing that dan antoni did probably better then porter is out of bound plays......but then again porter was a pg so maybe he got things up his sleeeve .........lol but i cant wait till the season starts to shut every nba fan up and show them the mvp amare stoudemire and the suns that there a force to be reckon with ........

suns champppppionssssssssss mvp amare stoudemireeeeeeeeee ........... goran roy ..(if he comes over which hopefully he does)

J-Relo
08-15-2008, 06:34 AM
well mostly people who says that PHX will be in the lowest seeds in PLayoffs or even out of bounds didn't think that Shaq-Marion trade helped us... with Shaq we won only 17 of 29 games last year and if win/lose percentage keeps up it makes about 48 win in full season (48-38)... of course maybe people don't know that and thinks we could have gotten worse, also maybe they think that we got one year older as we really did, but got we worse? - no... also mostly people who really don't know our team well don't get signing of Matt Barnes or both rookies seriuosly... so all that makes them think we got worse, when we got only better... but still teams like Lakers, Rockets, Hornets got better too, so some people likes them more and takes them over Suns... however as we are Suns fans and we know our team we know that we will take it ;)

king4day
08-15-2008, 08:15 AM
LA did lose Turiaf but them getting Bynum will give thema quicker inside pair to our Shaq/Amare. We saw what Amare used to do to slow centers around the league. Imgaine those two again a year older Shaq and defenseless Amare.

I agree that China is hurting Yao. While I don't want to see it, I'd be shocked if he stays healthy.

I think we have the potential to be a 4 seed as long as we get a solid backup PG in Goran or Pargo.
The teams that dropped off were worse than us, so that won't really play an impact.

If we didn't have that 'growing period' when Shaq came over and just played like we did at the end of the season, we prob coulda won the division/best record in West. So it's not like we barely made it and got trounced in the playoffs.
We could have had Denver in round 1 and maybe better fortune.

rocky4104
08-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Shaq even at his age still commands attention... he is still one of the top centers in the league. him in the middle is till very imposing - remember how the spurs did the hack-a-shaq? it was because shaq was killing dunc - we didnt make adjustments to that - we were OUTCOACHED that's why we lost

when we got him he was out of shape, we got him towards the end of the conference. that was a MAJOR TRADE, we shipped one of our regular all star for a new all star - of course there will be major adjustments. for the people that say the shaq trade killed us last year - just wait for next season.

new guys - lopez, barnes (love this sign-up!!!) and the new guy will provide energy and defense, and the 2 holdovers (dj, alando) who were never given the chance? with our regular guys? that is a deep bench........

hrf821
08-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I think as Suns Funs we need to just get used to people hating. I don't know why but people seem to love to hate the suns. Everyone expects this team to break down and I just don't see it happening. Our medical staff is top notch and these players should have a chip on there shoulder from last year. We should have beaten the Spurs. We may be one year older but I think Porter and Kerr are really on the same page and these starters will not play as much - this is a marathon and our FO has many rings and finals appearances and so forth so they must understand that.

lavis
08-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Shaq's older, Nash's older, Hill's older.. Who knows if Diaw fits anywhere but D'Antoni system.. Is Barbosa any good outside a D'Antoni system? I remember he wasn't in the FIBAs.. We didn't get any major help during the summer.. Porter isn't exactly the best coach ever..

There's many reasons to "hate" the Suns. I think Rockets, Lakers, Hornets, Jazz and Spurs are ahead of us. And as long as they're ahead of us, there's no reason to answer "Suns" in a poll about the next NBA champion.

hrf821
08-15-2008, 01:48 PM
I agree that everyone is older. That said, they were playing at a high level 6 months ago, I'm sure the drop off will not be as substantial as some like to think. All i'm saying is that this team has a good a chance as anyone. Lakers are solid, I'm still not convinced, Boston owned them pretty much and Gasol is soft, IMO. Spurs, I am convinced we are a better team and if we are older so are they, why does age matter with Suns and not with Spurs? Rockets will break down, most injury prone roster in basketball. Jazz I'll give you, Jerry sloan plays us well but this isn't mikes team anymore - jazz were beating us with the fundamentals that D'antonio didn't stress. Hornets may be for real - they are more experienced this season and are going to be very good, especially addind Posey. All I'm sayin is that people have given this team no chance which I think is a little far fetched

IversonIsKrazy
08-15-2008, 05:51 PM
i c u guys winning 50 wins and losing 32 next season. i do agree that u guys r barley going to make the playoffs.

1. Lakers - are only going to get better. there young, and they now have bynum and signed josh powell 2 replace turiaf.

2. Spurs - yes they are getting older but, last year if they had 2more wins they would b 1st, duncan didnt play 10, ginobili missed 7, parker missed 13. so expect them to b the same.

3. Hornets - are only going to b better. there young, chris paul is going to be better, plus they signed posey.

4. Rockets - if healthy, they could rank as high as 2. they do have a history of injuries which is y i would rank them #4.

5. Jazz - same squad but deron and boozer will b better. pretty sure they'll have the same rank as last year, 5.

6. Mavs - this was a tough 1, but at the ending of the season, they won over 7games in a row, which proved the kidd in big D was working. in the playoffs, expect them to be out in the 1st round, but during the season, it will be competitive.

7. Blazers - powerhouse line-up. with healthy greg oden & rookie pg Bayless, they can b a huge threat. with a line-up of greg, aldrige, outlaw, roy & bayless, u noe they'll make the playoffs.

8. Suns - shaq was sent to suns to help them beat spurs, suns nearly got swept. suns were better when they had shawn marion. shaq is going to b worse, grant hill will be too. and dont b surprised is steve nash's numbers drop as well, but they will make the playoffs, but wont go any furthur.

9. Nuggets - lost camby, lost najera, lost playoff spot.

10. Clippers - davis + camby is worse than maggette + brand. they wont make the playoffs.

11. Warriors - young team but the only thing they really did was replace baron w/ maggete & williams. not such a force.

12. Kings - will have upsets during the season, but wont b that competitive.

13. T'Wolves - west is not were these guys want to b. they 2 can pull of upsets with there front-court of Al Jefferson & Kevin Love.

14. Grizzles - bright bright future. almost a powerhouse line-up of youngsters. pg: conley/lowrey. sg:mayo sf: gay pf:needed c: marc

15. OKC - not much changed, westbrooke wont b that great. keviin durrant is the only good part of this team. maybe will get the worst record in NBA history.

theimortalone
08-15-2008, 11:16 PM
i c u guys winning 50 wins and losing 32 next season. i do agree that u guys r barley going to make the playoffs.

1. Lakers - are only going to get better. there young, and they now have bynum and signed josh powell 2 replace turiaf.

2. Spurs - yes they are getting older but, last year if they had 2more wins they would b 1st, duncan didnt play 10, ginobili missed 7, parker missed 13. so expect them to b the same.

3. Hornets - are only going to b better. there young, chris paul is going to be better, plus they signed posey.

4. Rockets - if healthy, they could rank as high as 2. they do have a history of injuries which is y i would rank them #4.

5. Jazz - same squad but deron and boozer will b better. pretty sure they'll have the same rank as last year, 5.

6. Mavs - this was a tough 1, but at the ending of the season, they won over 7games in a row, which proved the kidd in big D was working. in the playoffs, expect them to be out in the 1st round, but during the season, it will be competitive.

7. Blazers - powerhouse line-up. with healthy greg oden & rookie pg Bayless, they can b a huge threat. with a line-up of greg, aldrige, outlaw, roy & bayless, u noe they'll make the playoffs.

8. Suns - shaq was sent to suns to help them beat spurs, suns nearly got swept. suns were better when they had shawn marion. shaq is going to b worse, grant hill will be too. and dont b surprised is steve nash's numbers drop as well, but they will make the playoffs, but wont go any furthur.

9. Nuggets - lost camby, lost najera, lost playoff spot.

10. Clippers - davis + camby is worse than maggette + brand. they wont make the playoffs.

11. Warriors - young team but the only thing they really did was replace baron w/ maggete & williams. not such a force.

12. Kings - will have upsets during the season, but wont b that competitive.

13. T'Wolves - west is not were these guys want to b. they 2 can pull of upsets with there front-court of Al Jefferson & Kevin Love.

14. Grizzles - bright bright future. almost a powerhouse line-up of youngsters. pg: conley/lowrey. sg:mayo sf: gay pf:needed c: marc

15. OKC - not much changed, westbrooke wont b that great. keviin durrant is the only good part of this team. maybe will get the worst record in NBA history.

Are you out of your mind??? What the hell? The T-Blazers are not above Phoenix!!! Are you out of your mind?? The Mavs wont be ahead of us! They are not that good anymore. There time has run out! The Rockets are Choke artists!! So what if they added Artest. They better make sure they don't choke like they do every year. I can see NO, LAL, and SA over us, but thats about it. We are gonna be a top seed. No realizes that we were only 2 games from being the #1 seed. We added Dragic(Assuming all goes to plan) RoLo, and Barnes. He still have our original team. The only reason we lost against SA because Hill was hurt in the playoffs.

Willy T Justice
08-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Shaq's older, Nash's older, Hill's older.. Who knows if Diaw fits anywhere but D'Antoni system.. Is Barbosa any good outside a D'Antoni system? I remember he wasn't in the FIBAs.. We didn't get any major help during the summer.. Porter isn't exactly the best coach ever..

There's many reasons to "hate" the Suns. I think Rockets, Lakers, Hornets, Jazz and Spurs are ahead of us. And as long as they're ahead of us, there's no reason to answer "Suns" in a poll about the next NBA champion.

Holy cow you mean to say that everyone in the league is a year older. WoW. Remember the SUNS were only 2 games behind the Lakers and thats only because they went on something like a 11 game win streak. The Suns needed to jell a little longer with the SHAQ trade. It was just chemistry issues. The Suns basically have the same team with the additions of Barnes, Tucker, Strawberry, Dragic?, and Lopez plus a year 1/4 year and a whole off season to jell. Guarantee at least 55 games thats at least 55

Voodoo Alchemy
08-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Are you out of your mind???The only reason we lost against SA because Hill was hurt in the playoffs.

Are you out of YOUR mind? The Suns lost because Hill was hurt? Now that's really funny. I don't ever remember when Grant Hill made a difference.

The Spurs had a better game plan: foul Shaq and disrupt the Suns offense, which happened to be the Suns only go to move. Didn't you read Kerr's remarks about why he wanted to bolster the bench? With Nash out, we only had perimeter guys and when the shots didn't fall, we didn't have a back up plan. Defense will always be with you, no matter what. That's why the Spurs were the best team over the last decade.

Hopefully now with Dragic, Lopez, Amundson and Barnes, we don't really need to do it with offense, rather toughness and heart should buy enough time for the starters to get their rest.

Voodoo Alchemy
08-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Holy cow you mean to say that everyone in the league is a year older. WoW. Remember the SUNS were only 2 games behind the Lakers and thats only because they went on something like a 11 game win streak. The Suns needed to jell a little longer with the SHAQ trade. It was just chemistry issues. The Suns basically have the same team with the additions of Barnes, Tucker, Strawberry, Dragic?, and Lopez plus a year 1/4 year and a whole off season to jell. Guarantee at least 55 games thats at least 55

Are you saying that the Suns would've went to the finals if they had the number 1 seed? I know you're not saying that but I think you're implying that. 1, 2, 6 or 8th seed, the Suns were going to be exposed no matter what. They have been hiding behind the top spot in the West the last couple years and where did that get them? Hell, they purposely ducked the Spurs one year and made the Mavericks do the dirty work for them.

As for Tucker and DJ, you can get them out of the equation. They are not ready to play in the big league. This game is for the big dogs. They are just being weened off breast milk.

50, 60, 70, 80 games? Again, does it really matter how many wins? What matters is will this team have the mental toughness to beat whom ever is in front of them? Do they have the know how and heart to lay everything on the line when it's playoff time? Can they equal Boston's passion, energy and commitment on defense and play every single possession with fire as if their souls are in jeopardy of eternal damnation? The answer if NO! I know you want the truth but you can't handle the truth!!!

theimortalone
08-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Are you out of YOUR mind? The Suns lost because Hill was hurt? Now that's really funny. I don't ever remember when Grant Hill made a difference.

The Spurs had a better game plan: foul Shaq and disrupt the Suns offense, which happened to be the Suns only go to move. Didn't you read Kerr's remarks about why he wanted to bolster the bench? With Nash out, we only had perimeter guys and when the shots didn't fall, we didn't have a back up plan. Defense will always be with you, no matter what. That's why the Spurs were the best team over the last decade.

Hopefully now with Dragic, Lopez, Amundson and Barnes, we don't really need to do it with offense, rather toughness and heart should buy enough time for the starters to get their rest.

No I never was able to read that. Well its my opinion that Hill would have made a difference.

theimortalone
08-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Are you saying that the Suns would've went to the finals if they had the number 1 seed? I know you're not saying that but I think you're implying that. 1, 2, 6 or 8th seed, the Suns were going to be exposed no matter what. They have been hiding behind the top spot in the West the last couple years and where did that get them? Hell, they purposely ducked the Spurs one year and made the Mavericks do the dirty work for them.

As for Tucker and DJ, you can get them out of the equation. They are not ready to play in the big league. This game is for the big dogs. They are just being weened off breast milk.

50, 60, 70, 80 games? Again, does it really matter how many wins? What matters is will this team have the mental toughness to beat whom ever is in front of them? Do they have the know how and heart to lay everything on the line when it's playoff time? Can they equal Boston's passion, energy and commitment on defense and play every single possession with fire as if their souls are in jeopardy of eternal damnation? The answer if NO! I know you want the truth but you can't handle the truth!!!

So I gotta ask you Voodoo...Are you a suns fan or what? Cuz all it seems like you are doing is dogging on the suns.

Voodoo Alchemy
08-16-2008, 01:58 AM
So I gotta ask you Voodoo...Are you a suns fan or what? Cuz all it seems like you are doing is dogging on the suns.

I'm a fan of basketball and life.

J-Relo
08-16-2008, 03:36 AM

no, they can play with fire, maybe not as if their sould were in jeopardy of eternal damnation lol but they can play with their hearth and will!

and, YES IT REALLY MATTERS how many games team has won... the mental tougness matter too, but if you have it you have those wins too... So have you ever seen lowest seeded team becoming champions!? (i don't, or i am not that old or smh i don't remember it...), so getting wins shows how good you are... the game in the regular season is the game in playoffs, it's the same basketball, so if team can beat everyone down there is a good chance that it will do the same in thee playoffs, sometimes it goes wrong (dallas), but other times (BOSTON, LAKERS) it is true... so how many games you won really matters...

stawka
08-16-2008, 03:59 AM
I'm kind of happy we are under the radar and everyone is saying "the Suns are done".

The Suns traded for Shaq to single-cover Duncan and let Amare roam around FACT
The Suns traded for Shaq to improve rebounding/defence FACT
While that happened, we also improved our offence FACT
Amare is putting up MVP-type numbers FACT
We lost to the Spurs, so automatically that means we are finished? FALSE!

So this means the Spurs are finished because they lost to LA? Detroit is finished because they lost to Boston?

I would much rather be in an underdog position then be a favorite, because we know how that can end up. The Heat were the favorites to win it the first year Shaq arrived, they lost in ECF to Detroit. The following year, the Mavs were the favorites to beat the Heat in the Finals, they lost to Miami. The Suns have been a favorite for 3-4 years now, and it has led to pure disappointment.

I'M SORRY TO BREAK IT TO EVERYONE... BUT IF THE SUNS EVER HAD A CHANCE TO WIN THE TITLE... IT'S THIS COMING YEAR, NOT LAST! Last year was just not going anywhere. The Suns traded a piece of the big-3 for Shaq... and you cant expect a mid-season trade to lead to a Championship that year. It's never happened before and it never will. If anything, this year is our best chance.

Hate it or love it, that's the truth. Any reasonable NBA fan (not necessarily a Suns fan) should look at it that way. And i'm not saying we will probably win it, but we have a better chance than last year.

J-Relo
08-16-2008, 04:22 AM
Of course we have a better chance this yer than last year... It is really hard to get everything going after trade like that...

lavis
08-16-2008, 06:12 AM
Holy cow you mean to say that everyone in the league is a year older. WoW.

There's a diffence in being a 27 year old player turning 28 and being in your mid thirties. When you're "old" (mid thirties) recovering from each season becomes more difficult. That's why players have a prime age. If maturing didn't matter, everyone would be the same player physically from age 20 to ****ing 40.

Players age during the offseason. Old players might have their peak of the season at the very end of the season, but the more difficult it is the next season.

Follow the actual game before you simplify things like a ****ing three year old.

Remember the SUNS were only 2 games behind the Lakers and thats only because they went on something like a 11 game win streak. The Suns needed to jell a little longer with the SHAQ trade. It was just chemistry issues. The Suns basically have the same team with the additions of Barnes, Tucker, Strawberry, Dragic?, and Lopez plus a year 1/4 year and a whole off season to jell. Guarantee at least 55 games thats at least 55

Jell. That's the ridiculous excuse D'Antoni gave when the Suns sucked. Boston didn't need time to jell. Neither did Lakers. When Pistons traded for Sheed and won a championship they didn't need to jell. It just works or it doesn't. Maybe there's a few games allowed to adjustment. Remember both Larry Brown and Isaiah Thomas were given a long *** adjustment time with the Knicks. They went nowhere.

Tucker and Strawberry.. Why on earth does everybody love them since they look so lost when they actually get pt?

Now I like Matt Barnes, but he won't put us to the top4.

55 games might be nothing in the West.

Oh yeah, and the 2 (or something like that) games we we're behind was because we weren't good enough to win crucial games in the end. We lost to Spurs 4-1 remember.. Lakers went to the Finals. You think there was just a little difference between the Lakers and Suns last season? Lakers were far better..

PS. Give us one really good player and I'll start believing in our chances. S&T for Ben Gordon and I'll consider Suns a contender.

Voodoo Alchemy
08-16-2008, 11:56 AM
no, they can play with fire, maybe not as if their sould were in jeopardy of eternal damnation lol but they can play with their hearth and will!

and, YES IT REALLY MATTERS how many games team has won... the mental tougness matter too, but if you have it you have those wins too... So have you ever seen lowest seeded team becoming champions!? (i don't, or i am not that old or smh i don't remember it...), so getting wins shows how good you are... the game in the regular season is the game in playoffs, it's the same basketball, so if team can beat everyone down there is a good chance that it will do the same in thee playoffs, sometimes it goes wrong (dallas), but other times (BOSTON, LAKERS) it is true... so how many games you won really matters...

If the Suns had the best record in the West last year, they would've obviously met the Nuggets instead of the Spurs in the 1st round and probably advanced. However, at some point, they would've had to gone through a power house. Let's assume the Suns met the Spurs in the 2nd or 3rd round, the results still would've been the same. The point I'm trying to make is having homecourt against most teams is very important but against the Spurs, the Suns can no longer hide behind that false sense of security.

Voodoo Alchemy
08-16-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm kind of happy we are under the radar and everyone is saying "the Suns are done".

The Suns traded for Shaq to single-cover Duncan and let Amare roam around FACT
The Suns traded for Shaq to improve rebounding/defence FACT
While that happened, we also improved our offence FACT
Amare is putting up MVP-type numbers FACT
We lost to the Spurs, so automatically that means we are finished? FALSE!

So this means the Spurs are finished because they lost to LA? Detroit is finished because they lost to Boston?

I would much rather be in an underdog position then be a favorite, because we know how that can end up. The Heat were the favorites to win it the first year Shaq arrived, they lost in ECF to Detroit. The following year, the Mavs were the favorites to beat the Heat in the Finals, they lost to Miami. The Suns have been a favorite for 3-4 years now, and it has led to pure disappointment.

I'M SORRY TO BREAK IT TO EVERYONE... BUT IF THE SUNS EVER HAD A CHANCE TO WIN THE TITLE... IT'S THIS COMING YEAR, NOT LAST! Last year was just not going anywhere. The Suns traded a piece of the big-3 for Shaq... and you cant expect a mid-season trade to lead to a Championship that year. It's never happened before and it never will. If anything, this year is our best chance.

Hate it or love it, that's the truth. Any reasonable NBA fan (not necessarily a Suns fan) should look at it that way. And i'm not saying we will probably win it, but we have a better chance than last year.

Getting Shaq accomplished a lot of things you mentioned above, agreed. But what liabilities does he bring? He's slow, old, prone to injury, can't defend the pick and roll, CAN'T HIT HIS FREE THROWS!!! If Shaq could hit his FT's like Amare, the Suns would be champions. That's the irony of having a Achilles heal. You could have a seemingly invincible machine and yet there's something so small and insignificant that can bring this machine down. Well, it did.

Something as simple as hack-a-Shaq was the demise for the Suns and they were shell shocked. We knew the possibilities of teams using it but the only one that really used it was Don Nelson. No one thought Popovich would use that tactic, he's too complex of a coach to use such a archaic tactic. I can accept the fact that Shaq can't hit FT's but the Suns didn't have a back up plan. Mike D'Antoni said he's not taking Shaq out and that the big fella just has to step up and hit his FT's. Does that sound like good coaching?

So, next season, guess what? Every team is going to deploy the same tactic against the Suns. Anyone who thinks this team is going to be different is just plain delusional. The only way the Suns have any chance of advancing is either Shaq improves something he hasn't been able to do his entire career OR start Robin Lopez, and I hardly think that's going to happen.

The Suns, Spurs, Detroit aren't finished because the Celtics and Lakers are better, but it does mean the Celtics and Lakers will meet again in the Finals, only this time, the Lakers are going to win the title and Bynum is going to be the best big man in the NBA for the next 10 years!!! I don't know how you want to read into that but the Suns are not going anywhere. Having a BETTER chance than last year doesn't really make that much of a difference. That's like buying 2 lottery tickets rather than 1. Don't know how much hope you can hold out for?

Voodoo Alchemy
08-16-2008, 12:44 PM
There's a diffence in being a 27 year old player turning 28 and being in your mid thirties. When you're "old" (mid thirties) recovering from each season becomes more difficult. That's why players have a prime age. If maturing didn't matter, everyone would be the same player physically from age 20 to ****ing 40.

Players age during the offseason. Old players might have their peak of the season at the very end of the season, but the more difficult it is the next season.

Follow the actual game before you simplify things like a ****ing three year old.

Jell. That's the ridiculous excuse D'Antoni gave when the Suns sucked. Boston didn't need time to jell. Neither did Lakers. When Pistons traded for Sheed and won a championship they didn't need to jell. It just works or it doesn't. Maybe there's a few games allowed to adjustment. Remember both Larry Brown and Isaiah Thomas were given a long *** adjustment time with the Knicks. They went nowhere.

Tucker and Strawberry.. Why on earth does everybody love them since they look so lost when they actually get pt?

Now I like Matt Barnes, but he won't put us to the top4.

55 games might be nothing in the West.

Oh yeah, and the 2 (or something like that) games we we're behind was because we weren't good enough to win crucial games in the end. We lost to Spurs 4-1 remember.. Lakers went to the Finals. You think there was just a little difference between the Lakers and Suns last season? Lakers were far better..

PS. Give us one really good player and I'll start believing in our chances. S&T for Ben Gordon and I'll consider Suns a contender.

I pretty much agreed with almost everything you said:
1. Age is age, can't get younger.

2. Chemistry is important but defense is more important.

3. Matt Barnes was a nice pick up.

4. DJ and Tucker aren't going to make an impact on this team unless they get playing time but there's a reason why they didn't get playing time last year.

5. We weren't 2 games behind the Lakers, we were 3 because the Lakers owned the tie breaker. That means, when Gasol was hurt later in the season, we had to make up 3 games on the Lakers. We lost to Miami, Minny (twice) and Dallas (when they had Kidd). You're right, they couldn't win those games because they weren't good enough and this year's team won't be much better.

6. Right, 55 games won't mean anything.

7. Don't know if Gordon really is the answer but he's a big improvement over Barbosa. I don't get Barbosa at all, I really don't. He's played under Mike who basically gave him the green light to shoot and score at will. He had the ball in his hands but he just couldn't finish. Barbosa's never going to get that kind of freedom anywhere else. I think his departure is imminent, at least he'll be gone by the trade deadline.

lavis
08-16-2008, 04:30 PM
7. Don't know if Gordon really is the answer but he's a big improvement over Barbosa. I don't get Barbosa at all, I really don't. He's played under Mike who basically gave him the green light to shoot and score at will. He had the ball in his hands but he just couldn't finish. Barbosa's never going to get that kind of freedom anywhere else. I think his departure is imminent, at least he'll be gone by the trade deadline.

The way I see it is this:

We have two SG's who can't create for themselves.. If we had one, that would be huge. It might be a league where a good big man is the most wanted player, but the SG is still the main scorer many times and the guy who the other team defends the most. Plus Ben Gordon can handle the ball.. Say we (in theory) gave away LB for him, we could at times play Bell @ SF given the circumstances.

theimortalone
08-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Getting Shaq accomplished a lot of things you mentioned above, agreed. But what liabilities does he bring? He's slow, old, prone to injury, can't defend the pick and roll, CAN'T HIT HIS FREE THROWS!!! If Shaq could hit his FT's like Amare, the Suns would be champions. That's the irony of having a Achilles heal. You could have a seemingly invincible machine and yet there's something so small and insignificant that can bring this machine down. Well, it did.

Something as simple as hack-a-Shaq was the demise for the Suns and they were shell shocked. We knew the possibilities of teams using it but the only one that really used it was Don Nelson. No one thought Popovich would use that tactic, he's too complex of a coach to use such a archaic tactic. I can accept the fact that Shaq can't hit FT's but the Suns didn't have a back up plan. Mike D'Antoni said he's not taking Shaq out and that the big fella just has to step up and hit his FT's. Does that sound like good coaching?

So, next season, guess what? Every team is going to deploy the same tactic against the Suns. Anyone who thinks this team is going to be different is just plain delusional. The only way the Suns have any chance of advancing is either Shaq improves something he hasn't been able to do his entire career OR start Robin Lopez, and I hardly think that's going to happen.

The Suns, Spurs, Detroit aren't finished because the Celtics and Lakers are better, but it does mean the Celtics and Lakers will meet again in the Finals, only this time, the Lakers are going to win the title and Bynum is going to be the best big man in the NBA for the next 10 years!!! I don't know how you want to read into that but the Suns are not going anywhere. Having a BETTER chance than last year doesn't really make that much of a difference. That's like buying 2 lottery tickets rather than 1. Don't know how much hope you can hold out for?
Sounds like a Laker fan to me!!!! Bynum isn't ****! He is gonna choke! Andrew Bynum wont be the best big man for the next 10 years with Kobe and Gasol on the team! It just is not logical! Bynum has not proved **** yet. Nor will he this year either!