PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate loyalty

Hellcrooner
08-15-2008, 03:37 AM
Ok , back in teh times it was not so strange to see a star grow, shine fade and retire using just the same shirt for theyr whole career , Magic, Bird, West etc etc.

That hasnt happened much lately , ok Stockton and RObinson, but the malones, Paytons, Barkleys even jordan decided to try smoethign else...

Wich current players can you envision retiring after playing for just one team?

mine.

KoBe

TD

Ming

Deron

Pierce.

#1Mavericksfan
08-15-2008, 03:52 AM
Right now I can only see Tim Duncan and Paul Pierce staying with there team untill they decide to retire.

DerekRE_3
08-15-2008, 03:53 AM
I can see Kevin Martin retiring a King. He signed his extension the first day he could. The only way he doesn't retire a King is if they trade him or don't re-sign him.

And Tim Duncan will retire a Spur.

BarryIsInnocent
08-15-2008, 04:15 AM
Monta Ellis is going to the hall as a warrior. Garrenteed

dre1990
08-15-2008, 04:24 AM
good list

J-Relo
08-15-2008, 04:41 AM
I think TD will retire in the same shirt...

Paul Pierce and Kobe might do the same...

Jay22Redd
08-15-2008, 04:49 AM
Yao

Ilgauskas

Pierce

Duncan

Amare

Deron Williams

Maybe CP3

LakerzDQ
08-15-2008, 06:09 AM
vet players that I'm nearly sure of: Tim Duncan, Paul Pierce, Kobe Bryant.
young players that might stay in their teams for a long time: Chris Paul, Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard, Deron Williams.

usually, players stay when they're winning. that might not be the case for Paul Pierce because he doesn't know what's good for him, but since CP3, Bosh, Deron, and Dwight seem to have good futures in their team, they'll probably stay.

hockeypro68
08-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Kobe talking about leaving the NBA for $50million doesn't sound like he's very loyal to me. We'll see what happens i guess.

KiNgSuNs1
08-15-2008, 06:30 AM
yup yup most of these cats want the money they dont care bout loyalty.....and its really hard to stay on the same team look at marion for instant been with the suns forever then have some problems in the locker rooom and plays being calld ur way .....gets traded......if the nba dont get sumthng straightN out alll the great players are going to run overseas and get paid ....so no one willl stay wit da same team cuz they gettin money for one year that it would take them 2 to 3 years to make in the nba.....

roo3flash
08-15-2008, 06:35 AM
i see wade stayin wit his team cause hes happy in miami nd they do have a bright future wit wade beasly chalmers nd whoever they get in 2010...

LakerzDQ
08-15-2008, 06:39 AM
Kobe talking about leaving the NBA for $50million doesn't sound like he's very loyal to me. We'll see what happens i guess.

well, last time he said he wanted to leave, he was SERIOUS, and he still didn't leave. now that he's only joking about leaving, what makes you think he'll actually leave?

staying in one team for 12 years seem VERY loyal to me. Kobe is ours, don't **** with us.

_Sn1P3r_
08-15-2008, 09:14 AM
I see TD staying there for his whole career.

urnuttynut
08-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Dwight Howard

Canucklehead
08-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Duncan is the sure pick followed by Yao

RapsFan4Life
08-15-2008, 10:07 AM
chris bosh will retire in 2017 as a RAPTOR!!!

TmacBryant
08-15-2008, 10:40 AM
mgbenga

robert horry

stephon marbury

mo evans :speechless:

MiamiHeat
08-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Dwyane Wade :pray:

Sixerlover
08-15-2008, 11:02 AM
There is no loyalty to teams anymore. The loyalty lies with the Dollar. Until your 35-36 and start chasing a ring

Dirty Dirk41
08-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Duncan will retire a spur

Pierce will retire a celtic

The others im not sure....Doe yao eventually break down an get traded? Kobe keeps talking about leaving to play overseas(unlikely).Lebron, everyone believe he wont stay with the Cavs

Dirty Dirk41
08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
chris bosh will retire in 2017 as a RAPTOR!!!

dude bosh will probably bounce in 2010. hes a beast, can demand top money, and wont win anything in toronto

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-15-2008, 11:07 AM
LeBron James

Ph1lly Diehard
08-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Tim Duncan and Paul Pierce

FNM BOY
08-15-2008, 11:27 AM
well, last time he said he wanted to leave, he was SERIOUS, and he still didn't leave. now that he's only joking about leaving, what makes you think he'll actually leave?

staying in one team for 12 years seem VERY loyal to me. Kobe is ours, don't **** with us.

If the Lakers don't win the Finals next year...mark my word...you will see the true colors of Kobe Bryant...hahahahaha. WATCH AND SEE.

innovator
08-15-2008, 11:49 AM
kobe,duncan

pierce will be like a dominique wilkins type of guy, when his old and washed up he will play for the team that offers him the most even if that team sucks

superkegger
08-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Honestly, there's only one player in the NBA today I can absolutely say without a doubt in my mind he'll never play for another team and that's Tim Duncan. He's accomplished so much there, and he turned down bigger money so they would have more cap room. Otherwise to me, every other player in the NBA has a price. Enough money will lure just about anyone else some place else. Maybe that's just cynical, but that's how the NBA works, just ask Elton Brand.

MassoDio
08-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Honestly, there's only one player in the NBA today I can absolutely say without a doubt in my mind he'll never play for another team and that's Tim Duncan. He's accomplished so much there, and he turned down bigger money so they would have more cap room. Otherwise to me, every other player in the NBA has a price. Enough money will lure just about anyone else some place else. Maybe that's just cynical, but that's how the NBA works, just ask Elton Brand.

I completely agree with this.
I am almost positive that Duncan will retire a Spur. Anyone else int he league, I don't see as loyal.
Maybe Paul Pierce now that he won a ship. But even he is a large maybe.

Kyle N.
08-15-2008, 02:48 PM

That right there is loyalty. I wouldn't call what Kobe has is loyalty because he wanted to be traded, just because the team lost in the first round of the playoffs. He'll probably retire a Laker though.

superkegger
08-15-2008, 02:55 PM
That right there is loyalty. I wouldn't call what Kobe has is loyalty because he wanted to be traded, just because the team lost in the first round of the playoffs. He'll probably retire a Laker though.

I would say probably too, but I also think Kobe has the ultra competitiveness like MJ and Favre do, and will not want to go when its time to go, and he'll want to continue to play regardless, even if that means going elsewhere.

RapsFan4Life
08-15-2008, 03:07 PM
dude bosh will probably bounce in 2010. hes a beast, can demand top money, and wont win anything in toronto

"dude"
your wrong .. toronto offers alot and is making it up to the TOP!
were else can he play with a center like JO
and a slick guard like jose

Kyle N.
08-15-2008, 03:19 PM
I would say probably too, but I also think Kobe has the ultra competitiveness like MJ and Favre do, and will not want to go when its time to go, and he'll want to continue to play regardless, even if that means going elsewhere.

No doubt Kobe will compete night in and out, but he just wanted to play with a better team. Now most players do, so don't get me wrong, but Kobe was making it clear to the team.

CubsBullsfan28
08-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Tim Duncan for sure, probably pierce as well.

i could see derrick rose never leaving chicago too if he becomes the star that he is suppose to be. its his home town. but it is way to soon to tell

Sharkaac
08-15-2008, 03:47 PM
hands down Reggie Miller

18 years all with a championship-less Indiana Pacers

kvrnm
08-15-2008, 07:09 PM
duncan and pierce.

SAVAGE CLAW
08-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Only Tim Duncan Looks like a sure shot.

ARMIN12NBA
08-16-2008, 12:18 AM
LeBron James

This is which player will wear the same jersey for their entire career. Not which player is guaranteed to leave the first chance he gets (2010).

superkegger
08-16-2008, 12:20 AM
No doubt Kobe will compete night in and out, but he just wanted to play with a better team. Now most players do, so don't get me wrong, but Kobe was making it clear to the team.

Oh I know, I just think he's too competitive to hang it up when he should, just like a MJ and Favre didn't know when to just hang it up.