PDA

View Full Version : Are we gonna get any CB help before the season starts?

The_Konnection
08-15-2008, 02:00 AM
Like most others I am scared of Hobbs being our No. 1 CB. He can almost be blamed for giving up the easy TD to Burress in the SB. Anyways, I remember hearing news about Ty Law coming back earlier this year. Also, lately you guys have been "speculating Lito Sheppard"..does anyone have any valuable info on these guys. Bryant I think will turn out to be a pleasant surprize..

kbjohnson26
08-15-2008, 07:33 AM
I don't see the Pats getting anymore CB help. I know Hobbs gave up that easy TD last year, but he was playing hurt pretty much all season and it only got worse as the weeks past. With the defense the Pats run their CB's going in aren't too bad. I have a feeling Bryant will be the #1 corner and Hobbs will still be the 2 guy. BB and Co will do a good job disguising the looks and mixing in the safeties well. So overall I'm not worried.

As far as Lito goes, His name is going to continue to be linked. After watching hime play last night I think he looked good, but price is definitely a concern. It will be interesting next week when the Pats play the Eagles in the preseason. Maybe give the Pats a first hand look at him. And ya never know especially with that extra 2nd rounder. But I don't think it will happen. I think pretty much at this point of the season...its "what you see is what you get"

Fribbles
08-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Like most others I am scared of Hobbs being our No. 1 CB. He can almost be blamed for giving up the easy TD to Burress in the SB. Anyways, I remember hearing news about Ty Law coming back earlier this year. Also, lately you guys have been "speculating Lito Sheppard"..does anyone have any valuable info on these guys. Bryant I think will turn out to be a pleasant surprize..

First off, since we just signed John Lynch I dont see them going after Law or Sheppard at least not till the offseason, remember when rumors were swirling that Moss was coming to NE before the week 6 trade deadline...then on draft day we made a deal for him. I could see something like that happen if our CB's get torched this season

Secondly, that wasn't an easy TD, NE called an all out blitz and Hobbs has no choice but to bite on the pump fake cuz there was no help to the middle or over his head, he was done for no matter what, poor play call on NE's part not a bad play on Hobbs' part

Bigant2412
08-18-2008, 07:43 PM
Im Not That Worried About Our Defense. I personally believe that they will have to go above & beyond to be as bad as they were in manginis last year here!! But with all that said...Wether Ellis Hobbs Gives Up That touchdown in the superbowl or not he will Always suck!! Hopefully One day his skill will match his intensity!!

kazzy4080
08-18-2008, 10:32 PM
i dont think we are adding anyone else to our secondary, kind of late right now, unless we suffer a big injury to one of our corners

KingJamsI
08-18-2008, 10:48 PM
First off, since we just signed John Lynch I dont see them going after Law or Sheppard at least not till the offseason, remember when rumors were swirling that Moss was coming to NE before the week 6 trade deadline...then on draft day we made a deal for him. I could see something like that happen if our CB's get torched this season

Secondly, that wasn't an easy TD, NE called an all out blitz and Hobbs has no choice but to bite on the pump fake cuz there was no help to the middle or over his head, he was done for no matter what, poor play call on NE's part not a bad play on Hobbs' part

very true I (painstakingly) watched the game again finally, and Hobbs was def in a no-win situation. He doesn't have Asante's skills but the fact of the matter is this team cant afford a top 10 corner, so they will have to scheme their way out of it.

cmoneytakemoney
08-18-2008, 11:15 PM
If Merriweather is hurt really bad which looks like a possibility then I think we might sign Ty Law or another CB because Merriweather was supposed to take snaps at CB too this year and if he is hurt really bad I wouldn't be surprised if they signed a safety because without Merriweather all we have is Sanders, Harrison, And Lynch at that position.

DyNaMo45
08-26-2008, 04:54 PM
If Merriweather is hurt really bad which looks like a possibility then I think we might sign Ty Law or another CB because Merriweather was supposed to take snaps at CB too this year and if he is hurt really bad I wouldn't be surprised if they signed a safety because without Merriweather all we have is Sanders, Harrison, And Lynch at that position.

Tank Williams is on the roster, he's just dealing with an injury right now.

Celts22
08-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Tank Williams is on the roster, he's just dealing with an injury right now.

Too bad right now means the entire season.

Cronin
08-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Ricky Manning Jr. could be a possibility..

ERLynx
08-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Webster got cut. That's one less body in the backfield too. I gotta say, I don't like this.