OR

Present Jazz
D-Will
Boozer
Kirelenko
Okur

JordansBulls
08-14-2008, 11:25 PM
90's Jazz had a top 2 PF all time and a top 5 PG all time.

Rylz
08-15-2008, 02:38 AM
90s all the way
John Stockton vs Deron Williams: Stockton was one of the top three PGs of all time. D-Will could become as good, but it hasn't happened yet. Stockton was a better passer and defender. He is one of the smartest facilitators in NBA history. D-Will has him beat on scoring, but little else.
Jeff Hornacek vs Ronnie Brewer
Hornacek could shoot the three. He could hit his free throws. He could defend (at least as much as you can at 6'4"). Brewer is faster and more athletic than Hornacek was, but I still give the nod to the latter.
Andrei Kirilenko vs Bryon Russel
This one I'll put as a tie. Kirilenko is a good all around player, but he's also pretty inconsistent. I'm also judging him as a SF instead of the PF he played before, and I'm judging Russell during the seasons they went to the finals. In the sense of what roles they were assigned to play, they were pretty even. Kirilenko was a better rebounder and lane defender, but B-Russ had a better shot with better range and also defended Jordan as well as anyone could have expected.
Karl Malone vs. Carlos Boozer
Don't get me wrong. Boozer is good. He's a good scorer and rebounder, and one of the best bigs in the league. But when you go up against the mailman, you lose. Malone is stronger, faster, has a better shot, is a better passer, better FT shooter, better defender...need I say anymore? Malone is just too good.
Greg Ostertag vs Mehmet Okur
Ostertag was taller and stronger. He donated a kidney. Everything else goes to Okur. Any complaints? I didn't think so.
I've got to go with the 90's squad. Only two things kept them from a championship: 1) A gaping whole at center. 2) A certain guy named Michael Jordan. Forgive me, but the 90s Jazz (or Rockets, or a bunch of other teams) could beat today's Celtics and Lakers in a 7 game series. It's just two bad that the best two guys without rings were on the same team...

futureman
08-15-2008, 12:49 PM
I would have to say the present jazz but take carlos boozer out of the picture and replace him with karl malone. We are definatley a much better 3 point shooting team now than we were back in those days.

goku
08-17-2008, 03:13 AM
90s yall were way better back then its just yall ran into the bulls

THE_FLASH_21
08-20-2008, 12:42 AM
The 90's Jazz..... Man we couldn't catch a damn break!!! :(

bballer89
08-20-2008, 01:43 AM
i don't think the present jazz are going to get a break unless they shake things up or hit it big with new york's pick...

BOOZE'nMUSE69
08-21-2008, 06:52 PM
I would have to say the present jazz but take carlos boozer out of the picture and replace him with karl malone. We are definatley a much better 3 point shooting team now than we were back in those days.

I'm not quite sure which 90's Jazz team you are referring to, but for the majority of the decade, we had Hornacek, Russell and Stockton. The only guy on our current roster that could even be considered in that group as far as a three point shooter is Kyle Korver and he is closer to Russell than Hornacek or even Stockton. Just look at pure percentages. Okur is not bad, but not a sharpshooter either.

As far as which team, I can't go against the 90's team. Call me a homer, but I honestly think Stockton is the best point guard ever, even ahead of Magic or Big-O (if you consider him a PG). Stockton turned the ball over less, got more assists, shot a higher percentage from the field, 3 and FT, got more steals and was more durable (an attribute I think is often overlooked). Don't get me wrong, Magic was probably the most fun player in the history of the game to watch, but when push comes to shove, I want Stockton running my team over Magic. Couple that with a HOF power forward and a great group of role players and our current team would be in trouble.