PDA

View Full Version : Do you think any one of the role players will emerge and surprise us this year?

rocketfuel
08-14-2008, 07:11 PM
We know what level the big 3 can play at and Battier will obviously be pretty consistent. But, I'm wondering if any of our other role players will come out and surprise us, playing well above our expectations.... I thought of Francis, Dorsey and Brooks the most when I was thinking about this.

Francis
Brooks
Barry
Dorsey
Harris
Hayes
Scola (though we already expect him to be good....unless he takes it up several notches)...
Landry (if he's signed)
Mutombo
Leunan

bball1217
08-14-2008, 07:14 PM
I hope everyone does better. ;)

I can not wait for next year. :D

HouRealCoach
08-14-2008, 07:14 PM
I think Francis will

Rhyming Rebel
08-14-2008, 07:44 PM
I think Francis will

I hope this is true

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-14-2008, 07:58 PM
I hope this is true

same here and also Harris

Jay22Redd
08-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Aaron Brooks

BRADfromOZ
08-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Scolaaa for me, Brooks second and if he signs Landry, if he doesn't Francis(cause he needs too).

fredv
08-14-2008, 08:36 PM
You forgot Rafer Alston. I think he is going to impress. Last year in the playoffs and in the 22 game streak win I was already impressed how important he is. I think people tend to underestimate him and I think he will be a key piece to our offense this year...

BRADfromOZ
08-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Rafer already impresses me, I don't think i'm the only one thinking this.

val_modus
08-14-2008, 11:25 PM
most will be suprised by Dorseys play, i think Adlemans offense fits his style of play perfectly, and im hoping Brooks can emerge as a good backup and in the future be a star for this team

rocketfuel
08-15-2008, 04:47 AM
Hopefully, Francis surprises everyone by coming back and showing that talent that he even showed in NY... Brooks has a breakout Sophomore year. Barry starts popping threes like throwing a rock into the ocean now that there's 4 guys on the floor that teams have to worry about more... Dorsey proves to be a best on the boards and on defense....

Morey said there might be a few more "minor" trades left.... Now, last time he said that..... we traded away Novak....AND got Artest..... Can we please have some more minor trades for a point guard and backup big man.

fredv
08-15-2008, 07:55 AM
Rafer already impresses me, I don't think i'm the only one thinking this.

Then why does everyone want to trade him :D

JordansBulls
08-15-2008, 08:24 AM
We know what level the big 3 can play at and Battier will obviously be pretty consistent. But, I'm wondering if any of our other role players will come out and surprise us, playing well above our expectations.... I thought of Francis, Dorsey and Brooks the most when I was thinking about this.

Francis
Brooks
Barry
Dorsey
Harris
Hayes
Scola (though we already expect him to be good....unless he takes it up several notches)...
Landry (if he's signed)
Mutombo
Leunan

I think Scola showed great improvements last year.

dchalphen
08-15-2008, 09:41 AM
I am confident if Luther Head remains on the team that he will have a very good year contributing.

People need to remember how good of a year he had two years ago when Yao was healthy. Without Ming he dribbled too much and had too much burden put on him.

Now that Yao Ming is back look for Head to contribute from behing the arc for a high percentage just like 2 seasons ago.