PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Expectations for the Houston Rockets this Year.

JordansBulls
08-14-2008, 05:34 PM
What is the Realistic Expectation for the Houston Rockets this Year?

BRADfromOZ
08-14-2008, 05:42 PM
At least the finals, but once we're there anything can happen.

bball1217
08-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Well, winning it all is a realistic possibility, not guaranteed, but they have as good a chance as the Lakers, Hornets and Celtics to win it all if everything goes well.

HouRealCoach
08-14-2008, 06:58 PM
WCF Game 7 for now....

JOSETHEALLSTAR
08-14-2008, 08:00 PM
NBA Championship :]

goku
08-14-2008, 10:04 PM
first thing we need to get out the first round

JordansBulls
08-15-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm glad to see most are expecting a title. I would as well with the team that I see for Houston.

Rhyming Rebel
08-15-2008, 07:55 PM
I want it all. I want it all. I want it all and I want it now.. Should be our NEW theme song. GO Rockets!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOdWxf1tRmI

Storch
08-15-2008, 10:31 PM
I expect everyone in the league to respect the Rockets as a definite threat for the title now.

JordansBulls
08-16-2008, 05:28 PM
I expect everyone in the league to respect the Rockets as a definite threat for the title now.

rockets are the best team to beat the Lakers and/or Celtics for next year because of the star power and the defense.

jdillion
08-16-2008, 11:30 PM
i just hope we get out of the first round

KOBEMONSTER
08-18-2008, 10:30 PM
Championship Title?? You Guys Got To Make It Out Of The First Round First... And Theres No Way You Guys Are Coming Out Of The West. Not With Big Bynum Back In Full Effect, And I Still Think With The Team You Have Now, Even With Artest, If You See Jazz In The First, Or Semi Rounds, They'lle Take You Out.. You Need A Real Point Gard, And Tracy And Yao Are Too Damn Injury Prone, If Healthy I Say Wcf, Game 6 Loss Against My Lakers, If Both Are Healthy, That's Realistic!

Verbal Christ
08-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Championship Title?? You Guys Got To Make It Out Of The First Round First... And Theres No Way You Guys Are Coming Out Of The West. Not With Big Bynum Back In Full Effect, And I Still Think With The Team You Have Now, Even With Artest, If You See Jazz In The First, Or Semi Rounds, They'lle Take You Out.. You Need A Real Point Gard, And Tracy And Yao Are Too Damn Injury Prone, If Healthy I Say Wcf, Game 6 Loss Against My Lakers, If Both Are Healthy, That's Realistic!

As Artest said "Anything less than a championship is a failure" And why shouldn't ROX fans be excited??? It's easy for outsiders to look in and say things like we haven't been able to get out of the first round or whatever national Rocket bashing story is a hot topic at the time. For those in the know the truth is that not until Morey took over did we have a legitimate 8 person rotation. It's been Yao and Tracy and a bunch of filler. True that our stars have not been able to stay healthy but with a bonafide scorer and defender as Artest is, it should make staying healthy a bit easier. As far as the Lakers are concerned I really can't wait to see how Artest locks down Kobe, and when Artest sits, Shane will be in his face, it should be a treat. And before crazy Laker fan says idiotic things like Bynum is better than Yao or Odom is better than Tracy etc.. etc.. Granted you guys reached the finals, great job as it was; sure seemed that some other "trio" did what they were brought in to do. Fast Forward 2008-2009 Rockets...

FULLY HEALTHY ROCKETS >>>>> FULLY HEALTHY LAKERS

The Jazz will "take us out" ??? Perhaps, but I think #96 will have something to say about that, shhhhh but word is he hates the Jazz almost as much as the Rockets do.

Point guard no longer has to do much other than set up plays and make crisp passes. We dont have to rely on Rafer to jack up crazy shots because no one else is contributing.

"ANYTHING LESS THAN A CHAMPIONSHIP IS UNACCEPTABLE"

JordansBulls
08-19-2008, 11:44 PM
As Artest said "Anything less than a championship is a failure" And why shouldn't ROX fans be excited??? It's easy for outsiders to look in and say things like we haven't been able to get out of the first round or whatever national Rocket bashing story is a hot topic at the time. For those in the know the truth is that not until Morey took over did we have a legitimate 8 person rotation. It's been Yao and Tracy and a bunch of filler. True that our stars have not been able to stay healthy but with a bonafide scorer and defender as Artest is, it should make staying healthy a bit easier. As far as the Lakers are concerned I really can't wait to see how Artest locks down Kobe, and when Artest sits, Shane will be in his face, it should be a treat. And before crazy Laker fan says idiotic things like Bynum is better than Yao or Odom is better than Tracy etc.. etc.. Granted you guys reached the finals, great job as it was; sure seemed that some other "trio" did what they were brought in to do. Fast Forward 2008-2009 Rockets...

FULLY HEALTHY ROCKETS >>>>> FULLY HEALTHY LAKERS

The Jazz will "take us out" ??? Perhaps, but I think #96 will have something to say about that, shhhhh but word is he hates the Jazz almost as much as the Rockets do.

Point guard no longer has to do much other than set up plays and make crisp passes. We dont have to rely on Rafer to jack up crazy shots because no one else is contributing.

"ANYTHING LESS THAN A CHAMPIONSHIP IS UNACCEPTABLE"

Celtics vs Rockets would be the best match next year.

cahawk
08-20-2008, 03:29 AM
Rockets will be a threat.
Artest will make kobe shoot as bad as he did in the Olympics.

Manos
08-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Obviously I want them to win the Finals, but as of now, it's impossible to say whether they'll make it past the first round. On paper we have one of the top teams in the NBA, we'll have to see how it plays out on the court.

Tha Truth
08-20-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm not fully sold on this team like everybody else is.

Not YET.

Alot of people are predicting 2nd in the West, i don't know about that.

If injuries dont hit them this season I think they have a shot...

JordansBulls
08-20-2008, 02:49 PM
Obviously I want them to win the Finals, but as of now, it's impossible to say whether they'll make it past the first round. On paper we have one of the top teams in the NBA, we'll have to see how it plays out on the court.

But with a team like this the lowest you should expect even without Artest is the Conference Finals or NBA Finals.

prash
08-20-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm going for the long shot that the Rockets win 65+ games & win in the Finals against BOS.

KOBEMONSTER
08-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Verbal Whats Up, You Should Be Excited About Your Rockets, I Would Be, Never Said Bynum Was Better Than Yao, But He Can Defend The S#*t Out Of Him..our Trio Was Put Together In The Middle Of The Season.. Just Lookout, Next Year We Might Break Your Hearts, That Is, If The Jazz Dont Do It First.. Kobe, Fish, Bynum, Lamar, Gasol!! Wow.. I Can't Wait, Lakers 2009 Champions.. Watch It!

Verbal Christ
08-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Ten years of "Maybe Next Year(s)" have numbed me a bit i'm sad to say, but if this ROX team is at full strenth and healthy at the end of the year, then I'd say we have a better chance than most. And when you say "defend the Shite" out of Yao Im sure you meant literally hugging him until excrement came out of his body ... right? I dont have the numbers in front of me but i have a feeling Yao has done pretty good if not owned Bynum thus far. Not to mention also, but we have some meat tenderizer of our own now in the self professed "Ray Lewis with a basketball" in Joey Dorsey add some Artest and you have a steaming bowl of "NO LAYUPS". Our biggest problem with the Jazz has been a third scorer and late game rebounder. Artest has solved that. I'm thinking to myself now actually that people seem to overlook the impact that he could potentially have to this team. He's in a contract year and has a legit chance to not only win a ring but get super,duper mega-paid next year if he plays well and more importantly shows to everyone he can behave and be a team player. Thats where you have about 8 million crossed fingers in HTOWN. Hell Ron could love it so much here he could max out with Larry Bird rules and stay in town for another 5-7 years and quite possibly solidfy this team as a dynasty, or he could knock Tracy's two front teeth out of his head and single handedly destroy the makeup of the squad. Time will tell.

goku
08-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Verbal Whats Up, You Should Be Excited About Your Rockets, I Would Be, Never Said Bynum Was Better Than Yao, But He Can Defend The S#*t Out Of Him..our Trio Was Put Together In The Middle Of The Season.. Just Lookout, Next Year We Might Break Your Hearts, That Is, If The Jazz Dont Do It First.. Kobe, Fish, Bynum, Lamar, Gasol!! Wow.. I Can't Wait, Lakers 2009 Champions.. Watch It!

we will see who wins
rafer
t-mac
artest
scola
yao

stevefrancis
08-21-2008, 09:59 PM
im reading all the minds of laker fans "lottery"

DreamShaker
08-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Rockets will be a threat.
Artest will make kobe shoot as bad as he did in the Olympics.

Lol....I am excited that they have options on people who can guard Kobe....they can throw Battier, T-Mac, and Artest at him....

DreamShaker
08-23-2008, 01:21 PM
By the way....I think the conference Finals...if healthy....is what we should all expect....if they can't do that....blow up the team.....

JordansBulls
09-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Considering the other thread is talking about if the Rockets would make it out of the 1st round, that this thread was more of the expectations of many Rockets fans.