Jennings - If he does good in euro league watch out
Griffin - if the team needs a big man
DeRozan - Great player if a team goes with BPA or needs a scorer

BullsFan_1
08-14-2008, 08:06 PM
BJ Mullens

sixers247
08-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I sort of agree with BJ Mullens. I think the Sonics are going to be around the first pick and they will need a big man.

garlicboy
08-15-2008, 02:19 PM
I think it's going to be Blake Griffin if he performs. DeRozan the wing will go after the PG's or Big men.

Ricky Rubio, it's iffy if he's in the 2008 draft. There are many factors too consider;

1.) If he declares.
2.) The amount of his buy out.
3.) How much more he'll make in Europe due to rookie scale
4.) How he performs in the Olympics to make him a household prior to the draft or just another name. We'll know tomorrow when he plays Team USA.

My darkhorse for #1 pick is Hasheem Thabeet.

MoJay
08-15-2008, 08:38 PM
I like thabeet but no way @ #1 I'd take my boy Mullens over him

but if your doing darkhorse I guess it s ok

mine would be #1 James Harden

krazyclipperfan
08-15-2008, 09:19 PM
where will DeRozan play ball next year, my brother goes to Compton high and someone told him that he didnt finish and USC took him scholarship.

dirk206
08-16-2008, 03:35 AM
If their's a dark horse for #1 pick, it'd be my boy Austin Daye. This will probably be the deepest and most stacked Gonzaga team i've seen in a very long time, they could surprise a lot of people. I think this will be the year Austin Daye takes over as the primary offensive player for GU.

chisox311
08-16-2008, 12:18 PM
I think it's going to be Blake Griffin if he performs. DeRozan the wing will go after the PG's or Big men.

Ricky Rubio, it's iffy if he's in the 2008 draft. There are many factors too consider;

1.) If he declares.
2.) The amount of his buy out.
3.) How much more he'll make in Europe due to rookie scale
4.) How he performs in the Olympics to make him a household prior to the draft or just another name. We'll know tomorrow when he plays Team USA.

My darkhorse for #1 pick is Hasheem Thabeet.
I agree with everything that you said. Thabeet has a slight chance because A) other than maybe Rubio, there aren't any obvious superstars in this draft, and B) word is his offense has improved a lot (granted, despite his double digit scoring average, he was never an offensive force, but if he improves enough offensively to show that he can potentially be a respectable offensive player in the NBA, he will for sure be a candidate to go #1.

Right now I like Griffn though.

yaowowrocket11
08-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Hasheem Thabeet is a beast. He will continue to improve, and will be an impact player in the NBA, especially defensively.

Buckwheat
08-17-2008, 03:31 AM
Homer, but BJ Mullens.. hopefully

Knicks845
08-17-2008, 09:10 PM
It depends, if the knicks get the 1st pick, they take one of the 2 top 5, pg's, Ricky Rubio or Brandon Jenning's.

homestarunner93
08-18-2008, 12:40 AM
I would say Ricky Rubio is the most talented, but due to all the complications of him coming over, I'll go with Blake Griffin.

Jay22Redd
08-18-2008, 03:38 AM
Blake Griffin then Demar Derozan

garlicboy
08-18-2008, 03:38 AM
If their's a dark horse for #1 pick, it'd be my boy Austin Daye. This will probably be the deepest and most stacked Gonzaga team i've seen in a very long time, they could surprise a lot of people. I think this will be the year Austin Daye takes over as the primary offensive player for GU.

Austin Daye has no chance of going number 1. Austin Daye will be fortunate to play this year. He tore his ACL this summer.

sargent lucas
08-23-2008, 05:00 AM
Brandon jennings got mad skills but Ricky Rubio is just really freakish

m26555
08-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Hasheem Thabeet..7'3" players are rare in general..never mind 7'3" players that are as athletic as Thabeet, can run the floor as well as Thabeet, and shoot the ball was well as Thabeet (before you jump all over me on that statement, just look at the way he shoots his free throws; he has a great stroke). He is Dikembe Mutombo with a better offensive game. DARE I say that he could be comparable to Hakeem if his offensive game continues to develop? It improved by leaps and bounds in his sophomore year, and I can only see it getting better as he gets older and more experienced (let's not forget that he just started playing basketball a few years ago).

Jay22Redd
08-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Brandon Jennings is better than Ricky Rubio.

Jay22Redd
08-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Hasheem Thabeet..7'3" players are rare in general..never mind 7'3" players that are as athletic as Thabeet, can run the floor as well as Thabeet, and shoot the ball was well as Thabeet (before you jump all over me on that statement, just look at the way he shoots his free throws; he has a great stroke). He is Dikembe Mutombo with a better offensive game. DARE I say that he could be comparable to Hakeem if his offensive game continues to develop? It improved by leaps and bounds in his sophomore year, and I can only see it getting better as he gets older and more experienced (let's not forget that he just started playing basketball a few years ago).

You can never compare him to Hakeem. Please dont disrespect Hakeem like that.

nascar10294
08-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Blake Griffen...but it all depends on who has the #1 pick

garlicboy
08-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Brandon Jennings is better than Ricky Rubio.

Rubio is 17 and gave Spain a chance against the USA. They lost a 5 point lead when he went out of the game with his wrist injury.

I think most teams would take Ricky Rubio hands down after his performance against team USA.

IndiansFan337
08-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Rubio is 17 and gave Spain a chance against the USA. They lost a 5 point lead when he went out of the game with his wrist injury.

I think most teams would take Ricky Rubio hands down after his performance against team USA.

Rubio seemed to be a very good ballhandler. He was confident & could create for others.

But his shot looked absolutely terrible. His wide open 3 pointer from the corner was perhaps the worst shot I saw in the entire Olympic tournament.

Granted, he is only 17. But his offensive game is not great at all. Yet.

Most of his points are based on his quickness & speed. But that won't get him too many easy buckets in the NBA, when you consider that NBA G's who will match up against him are much quicker than most European G's.

JHG722
08-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Dionte Christmas.

m26555
08-27-2008, 04:49 PM
You can never compare him to Hakeem. Please dont disrespect Hakeem like that.
He will certainly be on his level defensively..Like I said; IF, and that's a big IF, his offensive game keeps improving, he COULD, COULD be comparable to Olajuwon.

kozelkid
08-27-2008, 09:54 PM
I cant see rubio going number one mainly because
(A) after what has happened with bargs and darko, euro going number one is pretty risky, let aloen with the fact that's only been done 3 times in history and I cant see it happening twice in a row...
(B) I can onyl think of 2 teams that require rubio's services and that's either knicks or possibly t'wolves.
hell, I dont think rose would have went number 1 if beasley was 6-10 and played D, well guest what, that's what blake griffin is and therefore I say he goes first. Also I cant see mullens going number one, I think he can be a quality center, maybe even top 5, but he doesnt ahve superstar written in him like oden does or even rubio, demar or griffin in their respective positions

Cavs_Fan24
08-30-2008, 12:00 PM
I think that DeRozan is gonna be the best player in the long run.

He's just an amazing scorer, and has too much upside to not take him 1st. I dont think that he will be taken first, but i sure as hell would.

Faneik
09-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Rubio won't declare next year.

I'd go with Blake Griffin or BJ Mullens...

I really can't make my mind yet...

IndiansFan337
09-02-2008, 10:32 AM
It will depend who lands the #1 pick & if they need a swingman such as DeRozan or Tyreke Evans, or a post player such as Griffin or Mullens.

USA10
09-16-2008, 08:17 PM
THE #1 PICK OF THE 2009 NBA DRAFT(4 OPTIONS)
1.I think who should be #1 just base off right now is Blake Griffin(he is a taller more athletic boozer)But I still think he should be in mid lottery late lottery.
2.Ricky Rubio another possible choice but like I stated up top I think Ricky has alot to learn before even giving him consideration he is 17 years old and he has shown on the international stage at the Olympics not enough consistensy.
3.Brandon Jennings(My Boy)I actually got a chance to meet and see him live he was better than advertise,at 6"1 he has a NBA ready game he`s flashy can make quick decision on the court and lastly lightning quick as a ball handler and has a natural understanding of the game and a natural Leader. But Playing oversees can hurt him because he is going up against men now with a lot intellegence and respect for more team play than players getting glory from there shine like in the world`s greatest league THE NBA. Lastly, He`s still a kid and he has to mature and understand the business or he could in up lost in all the hoopla and miss out on his great ability`s God blessed him with.
4.B.J. MULLEN he has a solid chance but personally I`m a little skeptical of taking a chance on this kid, who just graduate from high school and Hasn`t even played one game as a buckeye yet. Even though 7"0 260 He still has to improve a lot. Or he could possibly be a Robert Swift who is a solid player but most consider a bust because he was drafted in the lottery. I think this pick you have to be very careful he has talent but you will still need to pick your spots with him.

SidTheKid
09-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Brandon Jennings is a stud.

JHG722
09-16-2008, 08:59 PM
So is Dionte Christmas.

5thgencali
09-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Who knows whos going to be #1, this draft is going to be weak. At least Hansborough might have a chance to be a lottery pick, wow.

I like Griffin but is he really a #1 pick? I would hate to be a GM and have next year be my lottery year.

oshea225
09-17-2008, 08:38 AM
i'd go with jennings or rubio. rubio held his own against usa, and jennings was insane in the few games i saw of him. europe will be a great experience for him.

GiantYankKnicks
09-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Derozan is a beast i think he goes #1.Out of all the guys who might go i think he has the best chance to be a superstar.if the Knicks have the #1 pick they better not be stupid and pick Jennings over him just because we need a PG

dirk206
10-17-2008, 08:10 AM
Not sure if I already commented on this topic but I'm going dark horse and saying Austin Daye out of Gonzaga. A lean 6'10" player who can just flat out stroke the 3. He's a pretty good shot blocker as we'll but he seriously needs to add at least 20-25 pounds to his frame. He had that freak injury that was supposed to end his season but he's expected to play so will see how he does.