PDA

View Full Version : Delonte West.

NYKnickFanatic
08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Meow that the Cavs got Mo, anyone know what is going to happen to West?

Any ideas?

Just jot 'em down.

I hope the Cavs can keep him.

In college (St. Joes), he (West) did play the 2 next to Jameer(sp?) Nelson.

What do you guys think??

IndiansFan337
08-14-2008, 11:04 AM
The Cavs are still going to retain him.

I don't see a S&T working out for either side.

He may have to take the 1 yr tender now though, rather than get the long term contract he had hoped for. He had been offered the same contract as Gibson earlier this summer, but I am assuming the Cavs will either lower that offer now or possibly take it compeltely off the table & force him to take the 1 yr tender or sign another team's offer sheet for us to match.

phlp_bj
08-14-2008, 11:04 AM
i heard he might either go overseas or sign the qualifying 1 year offer then test free agency next season

RapsFan4Life
08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
delonte is a great guy hard worker and has some good game .. i would like to see him stay in the nba .. and if he doesnt have a team ... 8 mil 2 year contract can be his with the Raps

NYKnickFanatic
08-14-2008, 11:19 AM
i heard he might either go overseas or sign the qualifying 1 year offer then test free agency next season

Oh God!

I hope he DOES NOT go!

Damn Europeans! :mad:

Ware_Spencer
08-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Delonte West for J.R. Smith

Giving Lebron another Shooter from the outside to complement his slashing

Giving the Nuggets somebody who can hit the 3 also. But someone who can play the point guard on offense but on defense take pressure off of Melo and AI.

I think the Cavaliers should throw in a little more to make it fair. Like a 2nd round draft pick or something who knows. But I think it improves both teams.

Seventh King
08-14-2008, 12:51 PM
^ Thats a very big IF. Smith is a mutherchucker, and James might get tired of it. If he could take a back-seat to LBJ. . .then your concept would be great.

knowledgeGOD
08-14-2008, 12:51 PM
delonte is a great guy hard worker and has some good game .. i would like to see him stay in the nba .. and if he doesnt have a team ... 8 mil 2 year contract can be his with the Raps

lol might be another pg conflict again with calderon and him

HiphopRelated
08-14-2008, 12:54 PM
I would like him in Miami. A (s&t) swap for Dorell.

frees up Miami's sf logjam

superkegger
08-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Meow that the Cavs got Mo, anyone know what is going to happen to West?

Any ideas?

Just jot 'em down.

I hope the Cavs can keep him.

In college (St. Joes), he (West) did play the 2 next to Jameer(sp?) Nelson.

What do you guys think??

Watch super troopers lately?

Were I Delonte I would try and find a job elsewhere, because if he can get a nice enough contract offer, somewhere around gibson's, I don't think the Cavs match. That would be what 18 mil or so they'd be spending on the pg position alone...I think if the money was big enough the cavs wouldn't match. Of course that's all dependant on him finding that kind of offer...

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 01:57 PM
The overseas thing was a rumor and nothing more, hardly any truth to it.

The word is that Ferry wants to resign him. More then likely a 1 year deal.

Ballahaulic
08-14-2008, 02:00 PM
he might still head over to russia or moscow to play

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Delonte West for J.R. Smith

Giving Lebron another Shooter from the outside to complement his slashing

Giving the Nuggets somebody who can hit the 3 also. But someone who can play the point guard on offense but on defense take pressure off of Melo and AI.

I think the Cavaliers should throw in a little more to make it fair. Like a 2nd round draft pick or something who knows. But I think it improves both teams.

Now that we have Mo, I don't think we need another player who likes have the ball a lot.

NYKnickFanatic
08-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Watch super troopers lately?

Were I Delonte I would try and find a job elsewhere, because if he can get a nice enough contract offer, somewhere around gibson's, I don't think the Cavs match. That would be what 18 mil or so they'd be spending on the pg position alone...I think if the money was big enough the cavs wouldn't match. Of course that's all dependant on him finding that kind of offer...

Funny movie!

:D

*Superman*
08-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I also thought that he may have a chance to go to the Magic since we need another PG and are in the market for one. But people are saying he wants 6-7M a year and if he is coming off the bench for us, than that is a total waste.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-14-2008, 02:40 PM
I also thought that he may have a chance to go to the Magic since we need another PG and are in the market for one. But people are saying he wants 6-7M a year and if he is coming off the bench for us, than that is a total waste.

Cavaliers are looking for a starting SG or a solid backup/starter big man.