PDA

View Full Version : martz gives insight to starting QB

Thatruth32
08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
so he was on knbr at 7 which they do every thursday ..... and long story short they were asking martz whats the update..he didnt come rite out and say it but he said JTO we gave him a small chance to see what he can do and he is making the most of his chance...

asked if he will be the starter on sunday.. he said yea thats what i think mike (nolan) is looking at. then they more or less just said JTO played the best in the first preseason game but he need to get his game management down better... (2 TO's)

so IMO sounds like JTO is the starter... and if he plays good sat vs tha pack... it would hard not to think he is going to be our starter... i heard VD and others are getting a lil tired of the 3 headed QB they want a guy so they can get there timming down......

wonkman22
08-14-2008, 01:52 PM
you know what... ******* it, if jto is the better man than let him start im tired of waiting on a starting qb. if we have another losing season its nolans ***. he better choose the best damn qb

ninerfan609
08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
I agree now. although im pulling for hill, let the best man win.

Mystic Niner
08-14-2008, 02:30 PM
I honestly Dont care who starts a PERSEASON game

lincecum=future
08-14-2008, 02:33 PM
^ Ditto.

But why start JTO or Hill who are both pretty old and haven't proven much for a team that won't go deep into the playoffs when you could start Smith who has the most potential out of them all and might have a future with us. I know he will have to earn it but it should be his job to lose.

Thatruth32
08-14-2008, 04:09 PM
^ i would normally agree with you guys if we had a set qb and we knew that was our man... but we dont so who ever starts and plays well wether its preseason or not is more than likley going to run our team in the reg season... so for that reason i care alot who starts...

pullin for alex... but ift JTO comes out and has a good game i think they are going to name him our starter... come on alex

bornFrisco49er
08-14-2008, 04:45 PM
i feel for alex smith tho. i dont care what everyone else says, but a different OC every year he plays puts him back to square one every year..but this year whoever wins the job, better be a good decision

Tapptout
08-14-2008, 08:16 PM
It will b hard for me 2 watch a game if JTO is our QB. He was freaking 3rd string for the lions last year, and now your telling me he is going to start for us? That is some B/S

chunj22
08-14-2008, 08:41 PM
I hope JT does end up starting. That way when the Niners start the season 0-3, Nolan will get his @$$ fired. Then, Martz will be named interim head coach. When that happens you can expect him to name Alex Smith the starter...

Crombiestudd6
08-14-2008, 09:46 PM
ya i wanat anyone to win hurry up who we got is who we got cuz we need a qb to get his timing down. i tiink martz offense just fits a diff type of qb maybe hes that guy... i mean look at the record of his qb's kurt warner, nobody....mark bulger...??? a nobody....jon kitna? was on how many times..its wierd its just his system fits a diff kind of qb and maybe that qb is J T o? i mean he is buying in to his system.. and he is probobly giving his heart and soul maybe martz sees that.. maybe we will be surprised..everybody is doubting us and saying were not gna be very good were not gonna score well **** em what do they know? martz knows his ****! he knows more than us hes been to 2 superbowls won one! how many have we won or ne body else won whos talking ****? aka grant napier..aka jim mora! i mean its only the second pre season game.. martz said on knbr he sees somthin amazing in him.. so i mean martz knows his shiz so i just wish theyd decide already...

Gato80
08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Do any of you think it's possible that JTO is only going to start until Alex Smith gets comfortable with the new offense. I mean from what I hear Mike Martz' system is very complex. Could this just be like another rookie season for Smith, where everybody knew that he had the most potential & talent but they let Rattay play anyway?

DownSouth49er
08-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Do any of you think it's possible that JTO is only going to start until Alex Smith gets comfortable with the new offense. I mean from what I hear Mike Martz' system is very complex. Could this just be like another rookie season for Smith, where everybody knew that he had the most potential & talent but they let Rattay play anyway?

very well could be, good point....but i say throw him in there now and let him learn that way

Crombiestudd6
08-14-2008, 10:46 PM
no for some reason i think thats martz man

9er4life
08-14-2008, 11:11 PM
^ Ditto.

But why start JTO or Hill who are both pretty old and haven't proven much for a team that won't go deep into the playoffs when you could start Smith who has the most potential out of them all and might have a future with us. I know he will have to earn it but it should be his job to lose.

I thought A. Smith looked very much in control against the bears, even with the inferior talent surrounding him with second teamers. Thing I can not get out of my head is the thing Steve Young mentioned concerning a Q.B.'s WOW factor. His statement: You don't have to win every game or know every game situation, but people should atleast rave about your performance. It's been three years now, Alex has to wow us soon, or it is what it is....

wonkman22
08-15-2008, 12:27 AM
:cheers:
I agree now. although im pulling for hill, let the best man win.

WillisLovechild
08-15-2008, 12:42 AM
im rooting for alex, but im just tired of this. i feel for the guy cuz the 4 OC's, the off the field issue he recently went through, and the fact that nolan is prejudiced against smith. i honestly think nolan wont give smith a shot and is still being a bit of a ***** from last year. JT looked bad in the first game, and i really dont see why they'd be so high on him. yet there lies another prejudice, this time for martz. he has that whole liking undrafted guys or whatever the hell. i think smith is the most talented and that he deserves the job. and i really dont know if i'd give him one or two years, cuz the old saying is the QB masters a system his second year in it, and smith may not have that luxury.