PDA

View Full Version : FSU or Miami: Which team is closer to returning to Glory Days?

BullsFan_1
08-14-2008, 01:48 AM
Which team do you think?

In my humble opinoin, its Miami. You can call me a homer if you want, but I just think that we are setting ourselves up much better for the future.

There is no denying that we had a monster recruiting hall this season, and I think depending upon how fast our freshman mature, that will determine how soon we will be back in the spotlight.

DaaBoTownSox
08-14-2008, 06:45 AM
As much as I hate to agree with you lol, I'm going to have to say Miami as well.

njdevs25
08-14-2008, 03:18 PM
Da U but florida state will be right behind i give miami 1 or 2 years and florida state 2 or 3

hughest4
08-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah, i think without a doubt Miami will be back before Florida State. It seems like Randy Shannon is turning that program around some and these great recruits will most likely end up being the real deal. FSU has talent but the program is a mess and i think Bobby Bowden being their coach is the problem

Mane
08-17-2008, 02:38 AM
Miami for sure. FSU seems like its on the decline. Randy Shannon is going to be a great coach, and Miami has always been a hotspot for good recruits.

DaaBoTownSox
08-17-2008, 02:57 AM
Yeah, i think without a doubt Miami will be back before Florida State. It seems like Randy Shannon is turning that program around some and these great recruits will most likely end up being the real deal. FSU has talent but the program is a mess and i think Bobby Bowden being their coach is the problem

Can you explain why and how he is the problem?

BALLER71
08-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Can you explain why and how he is the problem?

He needs to keep those players in a smaller leash...

houseofcain
09-08-2008, 01:30 PM
FSU has all the weapons and solid QB play with the redshirt sophmores. There defense will be the closest to glory years since thier decline when they get the suspended players back. Miami is so young breast milk is searved at team dinners before games. they will be back with thier recruiting still top level. it will just be 2-3 years down the road. FSU 10-2 BCS cowl this yesr ACC champs.

fishfan79
09-08-2008, 03:07 PM
miami has the best pool of talent about 10 minutes from campus in the country

TheHotCorner7
09-13-2008, 03:30 PM
I think Miami, even though I think for some reason FSU is gonna be good this year, don't ask me why.

Mr. October
09-17-2008, 04:58 PM
FSU is definitely getting back to the 'glory days' quicker, as they should make a run this year, but Miami will be better in the next few years since all of their talent is young. But it won't matter because VT's talent is young too and should continuing to dominate the Coastal Division and the ACC! :D

umh34
09-23-2008, 07:06 PM
VT is terrible. we should beat them by 2 touchdowns. VT didnt have a good recruiting class and they lost there D. i dont know to much about them. all i know is miami is going to be back to glory a lot faster then FSU since its happening right now. they are saying miami is going to contend for the acc (which isnt much this year) and fsu wont. we have better talent then them and more to prove. the motavation is much higher then at florida state. i see miami winning 9 games this year and playing IN the acc game.

BullsFan_1
09-23-2008, 08:09 PM
VT is terrible. we should beat them by 2 touchdowns. VT didnt have a good recruiting class and they lost there D. i dont know to much about them. all i know is miami is going to be back to glory a lot faster then FSU since its happening right now. they are saying miami is going to contend for the acc (which isnt much this year) and fsu wont. we have better talent then them and more to prove. the motavation is much higher then at florida state. i see miami winning 9 games this year and playing IN the acc game.

I dont think that is too big of a stretch this year in the ACC, but it's still going to be tough for us later on in the season...especially on the road.

For such a young inexperienced team, I am curious to see how well they will play late in the season away from Coral Gables.

umh34
09-28-2008, 11:32 PM
I dont think that is too big of a stretch this year in the ACC, but it's still going to be tough for us later on in the season...especially on the road.

For such a young inexperienced team, I am curious to see how well they will play late in the season away from Coral Gables.

i wanna see how good they can play in coral gables. Which is actually miami gardens but i just found that out yesturday. i am so happy wake forest lost to NAVY!!! and im glad FLORIDA lost. kinda balanced out my anger for the canes. i hate north carolina. but you gotta give it to em.

umh34
10-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Way to bash a team that you have no idea about. You're an idiot.

wow dude was that neccessary. does that make you feel cool or tough lol. Dont cry about it lol.

umh34
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
and i didnt say i know nothing about them, i say i dont know much about them. But who does besides VT fans. what have they ever done?

Mr. October
10-10-2008, 11:07 PM
and i didnt say i know nothing about them, i say i dont know much about them. But who does besides VT fans. what have they ever done?

People who watch college football know about VT. And they had one of the best recruiting classes last year. Not in the same league as Miami or FSU, but top 20, which is damn good for them since they don't recruit out of big pipelines in FL, CA, or TX.

And VT has won 2 ACC Championships. Two more than Miami.

BullsFan_1
10-10-2008, 11:24 PM
People who watch college football know about VT. And they had one of the best recruiting classes last year. Not in the same league as Miami or FSU, but top 20, which is damn good for them since they don't recruit out of big pipelines in FL, CA, or TX.

Gee...thanks. :sigh:

umh34
10-11-2008, 12:04 PM

lol dude your going to hold 2 ACC championships against miami lol. get out of here. i said VT was terrible because they lost they entire core of there D. Now they have done pretty well this year so far. But when they lose there D like that, a college football fan would assume that they would be terrible after losing to E. Carolina. They still havent done anything.

umh34
10-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Plus last i checked VA is a pretty good Football state.

umh34
10-11-2008, 12:09 PM

its alright we have 5 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. thats 5 more then VT.

Mr. October
10-11-2008, 12:33 PM

Sorry BullsFans, didn't mean to attack your team like that, but when you have a dope telling me that "VT is terrible", then I have to hold my own. This is nothing against you because I respect you as a poster.

lol dude your going to hold 2 ACC championships against miami lol. get out of here. i said VT was terrible because they lost they entire core of there D. Now they have done pretty well this year so far. But when they lose there D like that, a college football fan would assume that they would be terrible after losing to E. Carolina. They still havent done anything.

So losing their entire core on D makes them terrible. Come on, please be a little more intelligent then that. Terrible is a harsh word. I never attacked Miami after they lost to Florida, FSU, and UNC.

If you're going to call a team "terrible" you have to expect some fan is going to get pissed off and defend them. If that's too much for you to handle, then be more careful of what you post.

Plus last i checked VA is a pretty good Football state.

It's been a very good football state, but it's not FL, CA or TX in terms of football talent and there's no debate over that. Miami always recruits well because of the pipelines in their own state. This has allowed them to recruit well outside the state. VT has started doing the same, but don't have the same safety net in their own state like Miami does.

BullsFan_1
10-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Sorry BullsFans, didn't mean to attack your team like that, but when you have a dope telling me that "VT is terrible", then I have to hold my own. This is nothing against you because I respect you as a poster.

Nah, it's fine...I didnt take any offense to it...it's just upsetting that you had to point that out. :p

umh34
10-11-2008, 01:36 PM

So losing their entire core on D makes them terrible. Come on, please be a little more intelligent then that. Terrible is a harsh word. I never attacked Miami after they lost to Florida, FSU, and UNC.

If you're going to call a team "terrible" you have to expect some fan is going to get pissed off and defend them. If that's too much for you to handle, then be more careful of what you post.

It's been a very good football state, but it's not FL, CA or TX in terms of football talent and there's no debate over that. Miami always recruits well because of the pipelines in their own state. This has allowed them to recruit well outside the state. VT has started doing the same, but don't have the same safety net in their own state like Miami does.

bro, i went back and i said they are doing pretty good. I said they were terrible after losing to E. Carolina. (and they are over rated, e.carolina) I dont think they are terrible. i understand you wanna defend your team. thats fine. I spoke to soon about them. But they are not at the level they have been for the past couple years, and you should agree on that. When you lose everyone on your D and you lose your first game to E.CAROLINA, you gotta expect to hear it from your RIVALS FANS. thats just the way it works. it should be a good game between us.

Mr. October
10-12-2008, 12:10 PM

bro, i went back and i said they are doing pretty good. I said they were terrible after losing to E. Carolina. (and they are over rated, e.carolina) I dont think they are terrible. i understand you wanna defend your team. thats fine. I spoke to soon about them. But they are not at the level they have been for the past couple years, and you should agree on that. When you lose everyone on your D and you lose your first game to E.CAROLINA, you gotta expect to hear it from your RIVALS FANS. thats just the way it works. it should be a good game between us.

You're original quote was 3 weeks after the ECU game, when they had a 3-1 record. This was not right after the ECU game like you claim.

My point is, I never initiated any feud between VT and Miami, but you did, claiming they were terrible. Now you are backtracking because you see you made a mistake. I never said VT was awesome or amazing. All I said, playfully, was that they should win the ACC Coastal for a while, as a joke. Then you came in and bashed them. I thought it was unnecessary, since there was no real reason to do it.

umh34
10-12-2008, 04:28 PM
You're original quote was 3 weeks after the ECU game, when they had a 3-1 record. This was not right after the ECU game like you claim.

My point is, I never initiated any feud between VT and Miami, but you did, claiming they were terrible. Now you are backtracking because you see you made a mistake. I never said VT was awesome or amazing. All I said, playfully, was that they should win the ACC Coastal for a while, as a joke. Then you came in and bashed them. I thought it was unnecessary, since there was no real reason to do it.

alright dude. my bad. you got me. WOOOOO!!!!! but i did write that 2 weeks after losing to them because you squeezed one away from GT and you struggle against FURMAN. but to make you feel better, your team is not terrible. happy.

umh34
10-12-2008, 04:29 PM
and i did say it after they lost to E. carolina.

Mr. October
10-12-2008, 04:54 PM
You don't have to make me happy but writing crap like that doesn't deserve merit on this forum.

umh34
10-13-2008, 02:58 PM
I wanted LSU to stomp all over Florida. But the gators always seem to make me wanna hate them more and more. There isnt a team i hate more then the Florida Gators. sorry fins08. Thats just how i feel.