PDA

View Full Version : Is Delonte West Now Available??

FNM BOY
08-13-2008, 11:43 PM
With Mo Williams going to the Cavs does this now make Delonte West expendable to the Cavs????

Andre Miller's future status is still up in the air with Philly...Like most of you I love to see Miller in a Sixer jersey, but his future is very questionable. Would Delonte be a good option if we somehow decide to trade Miller??? Don't freak out! Its just something we have to consider, whether we like it or not!

BChydro86
08-13-2008, 11:44 PM
yes...he would be a great option, and i would definatley consider trading andre miller for him.

FNM BOY
08-13-2008, 11:47 PM
If something were to go down think it would have to be a multi team deal...but I prefer signing Andre Miller to a 3 year extension. However it boils down to what Andre is dealing with.

phillyphan4ever
08-14-2008, 12:19 AM
since miller doesnt want to be here after this year (unless brand coming in may change his mind)...delonte would be a great option

Googlyeyes101
08-14-2008, 12:22 AM
I LOVE DELONTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC95AnQzTh0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6nmHflqcAo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxGz6_23tUo

Shieldsz
08-14-2008, 01:44 AM
The only thing that bothers me is that **** on this mouth.

I love how he plays and would incorporate his style of play into our offense. He is what we need. He doesn't even want much money.. just makes you think if we had just THAT much more cash.. we could snag him.

I doubt it, but like i said.. who knows what Ed is thinking.

Liney3506
08-14-2008, 08:13 AM
Well still. Even at this point, Andre >>> Delonte. Delonte still isn't even a good shooter at this point in his career, nor a floor leader like Miller.

BChydro86
08-14-2008, 09:06 AM
delonte is a good shooter and a floor leader.

is he a better floor leader than miller? no. is he a better decision maker than miller? no.

but he is a better defender, shooter, ball handler, athlete, and scorer. now if west could become a better floor leader (which he can) than hed be something special. especially since i dont think we need a traditional PG on this team because iggy is a good assist guy, and brand is a decent passer out of double teams.

m2j3
08-14-2008, 09:07 AM
He's not going to be a Sixer though. I read an article that said he was leaning toward signing for the qualifying offer.

BChydro86
08-14-2008, 09:08 AM
^^^then we could easily trade for him.

his qualifying offer is low. prolly less than 2million. we could sign a guy the cavs want for the minimum and trade him for west. the cavs did just lose joe smith....so they need to beef up their front court.

DR.J9
08-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Delonte would fit nicely here... Only if Miller is definatly leaving

Sixerlover
08-14-2008, 09:46 AM
^ so do we :)

They still have Z, Andy Verajao, and Ben Wallace.

I'd like D-West as a backup point, but I don't know what we have to move at this point. Moving Reggie would make our frontcourt very very thin, and they wouldn't take Willie and a pick or someting along those lines. Would anyone give up any other player on this team for him?

DR.J9
08-14-2008, 10:02 AM
^^ I'd think we'd have wait to cause we really have no room for him unless we trade Willie and someone and he could play SG for awhile of the bench :shrug: Which wont happen

AirJordanXVIII
08-14-2008, 10:06 AM
It would be good for the run, but for now it doesnt make sense... Maybe Miller for West and 1st rounder, but other than that, we'll have to think of something else.

BChydro86
08-14-2008, 10:17 AM
^ so do we :)

They still have Z, Andy Verajao, and Ben Wallace.

I'd like D-West as a backup point, but I don't know what we have to move at this point. Moving Reggie would make our frontcourt very very thin, and they wouldn't take Willie and a pick or someting along those lines. Would anyone give up any other player on this team for him?

willie green? kareem rush? royal ivey?

id give up all three of them for west

Iversonfan4life
08-14-2008, 11:45 AM
lou will is our pg of the future. if we end up having to trade miller it should be to aquire another need

Jeff Boyd
08-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Hold the **** up . Where the **** are the guys that said Andre would never play for the Cavs only West coast teams?

WHy the **** would they want Andre if they just got Mo.
JAson SMith for D.west and a swap of second round picks and sign Theo.

BChydro86
08-14-2008, 12:29 PM
not trading jason smith....HELL NO!

at least not for a combo guard.

PhillySportFan
08-14-2008, 02:57 PM
I've always been a big Delonte West fan, I would love to have him on the Sixers. Especially if we lose Andre Miller. Personally unlike most Philly fans, I don't want Andre Miller back. Believe me, I know what Andre Miller has done for this team since he's been here, he's been a steading force, but the future is basically now for the Sixers if not next year I think, we have Lou paid, Miller is gonna cost us, maybe more then we can afford and he's to old to give a nice contract if you ask me. We can trade him maybe for another swingman that can shoot and a draft pick, or something like that.

Liney3506
08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
not trading jason smith....HELL NO!

at least not for a combo guard.

Wow. You'd trade our floor general and leader for a PG/SG who can't shoot, but you wouldn't trade a rotational PF. Hmm.

BChydro86
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
what can i say? size and age matter in the NBA.

also, d. west can shoot, and i wouldnt trade miller for west straight up....thered have to be a throw in. maybe a pick or something.

deadbodyman62
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Andre Miller never said he didnt wanna be here, thats people putting words into his mouth. He was asked if he'd sign an extension (after the playoffs, before the trades and signings) and he said he's a west coast guy, but he liked being a part of this team, and he'd have to see what changes and improvements the sixers made to build toward the future. Drafting speights, signing Brand and Rush, Re-signing lou and iggy, that sounds like getting the job done to me. So we cant exactly say he's done in Philly. Plus he just fired his agent, so who knows what thats about.

And i think West is a good player, but i'd take Miller over him every time.

txravis12
08-14-2008, 05:19 PM
miller >>west

AirJordanXVIII
08-14-2008, 05:25 PM
It's more like Miller >>>> West, but if West gets a real good 3 point shot down and improves his PG skills... We would be better off with West than Miller in the future.

BChydro86
08-14-2008, 05:44 PM
west is a better skills player. west is a better defender, ball handler, and shooter than miller.

miller is a better floor leader, passer, and hes just a flat out smarter basketball player. but those are the important things for a PG.

in time west could develop all of those things.

Googlyeyes101
08-14-2008, 05:56 PM
I have to agree with Hydro, miller is a better player right now but if he's gonna leave at the end of this year we might as well have delonte...

and along with west being a better shooter and more athletic, he's 7 years younger and played very well with the minutes he was given in this years playoffs....just some thoughts

txravis12
08-14-2008, 06:45 PM
well whos to say miller isnt coming back next season????

BChydro86
08-14-2008, 06:47 PM
either way, hell be 33 years old, right?

hes pushing his luck as far as keeping up his high level of play.

FNM BOY
08-14-2008, 06:50 PM
I wouldn't mind signing him to a 2 -3 year extension....over the years Miller has proven to be quite durable and seems to have gotten better in his lata years....i think he has 3 more good years left in him.

txravis12
08-14-2008, 06:51 PM
im not too worried about millers age.. his kind of game is a game that is more mental than physical.. if anything i would expect him to get better with age.. as long as he doesnt have any injuries or complete body collapses if you know what i mean....

but i have no problem with pursuing west.. i think he will be better than miller in the future just because he will develop the skills miller already has... is there anyway to get west and not lose miller? turn west into our 6th man or 2 gaurd?

Googlyeyes101
08-14-2008, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't mind signing him to a 2 -3 year extension....over the years Miller has proven to be quite durable and seems to have gotten better in his lata years....i think he has 3 more good years left in him.

I think a three year extension would be pushing it, there has to be a sharp decline in play after you hit the 33-34 area it doesn't matter how durable you are...but if we did get taht extension for three years then I would hope to god he had 3 more quality years in him....I just think that it's extremely hard to predict how well a player will play after when they are approaching their mid 30s

fabian11593
08-14-2008, 07:21 PM
He would be good for the 76ers.

Liney3506
08-14-2008, 08:48 PM
west is a better skills player. west is a better defender, ball handler, and shooter than miller.

miller is a better floor leader, passer, and hes just a flat out smarter basketball player. but those are the important things for a PG.

in time west could develop all of those things.

False. Delonte shot 41.3% last year... that's Iverson territory. Miller shot over 49% last year. Sure, Delonte has more range, but range and being a better shooter are two different things.

Miller shot 44.6% from 2 point jumpers last year, and West shot 43.7% from similar range. Miller also shot 62.5% from inside range, while West shot 57.6%.

Not to mention Miller is the better ball handler, if you count the AST/TO ratio. Even Vince Carter had a better ratio than West.

txravis12
08-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Thank You ^^

Sixerlover
08-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Good stats Liney

BChydro86
08-15-2008, 01:28 AM
i do love those stats....those stats actually matter.

but i dont think assist to turnover ratio has anything to do with ball handling ability. thats more of an intelligence/BBall IQ stat more than anything else.

west is a better shooter than miller. miller makes smarter descisions than west, and thats why he had better percentages.. hes a much more knowledgeable basketball player.

im not saying west is better than miller, i never said that. but i do believe that west has better skills. miller uses what he has better than delonte west does.

Westbrook36
08-15-2008, 01:45 AM
Well I'd take Louis Williams over Delonte West :shrug:

DaddyCool
08-15-2008, 02:14 AM
Well I'd take Louis Williams over Delonte West :shrug:

Which is why you gave Delonte Baron Davis money in the mock offseason. :laugh: 5 years for 65 million... wow...

wannabGM
08-15-2008, 03:12 AM
West is more physically gifted for scoring than distributing. Even if he gains more experience in the role of floor general and improves, i think that would be a misuse of his talents.
Miller uses his strength advantage and good first step to create offensive opportunities for both himself and his teammates. Delonte doesn't have either that size or that first step....that can't be learned....so even if his decision making improves, i don't see him becoming a prototypical point guard.

That doesn't mean i don't want him. I think he's the type of role player who can easily fit onto a championship contending team.

If the Cavs are smart, they better be keeping West. I think he plays off the ball with Lebron in the fourth quarter better than Mo ever will. I think Mo was brought in so their offense wouldn't be so terribly Lebron dependent for the first 3 quarters.

I think that joe smith left the cavs as part of the trade. He's old, but he's another strong role player. He seemed to be their most valuable big man in the fourth quarter. They filled one hole, but opened up another. Wallace and Z are ok, but not players that will get the job done on both ends of the floor in NBA playoffs crunch time. I guess Williams' youth was a factor. Now, they just have to get lucky this year or next by finding a quality big man to replace smith....if they haven't already.

BChydro86
08-15-2008, 09:50 AM
high assists for a PG is overrated. PGs just need to get distribute the ball, not necessarily to get an assist, but to get guys in good positions to make a bucket.

if d west can become a smarter player and a better floor leader...he would be better than miller.

Westbrook36
08-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Which is why you gave Delonte Baron Davis money in the mock offseason. :laugh: 5 years for 65 million... wow...

When did I do this? I matched his offer because im already at 120 Million that I could care less. Talent is Talent and he can be my Solid Backup Point Guard

HipSlappyJoe
08-15-2008, 12:40 PM
sorry but i had a guy give aaron rowand 6 years 80 million in mock offseason

deadbodyman62
08-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I'll say it again, Miller never was the fastest highest jumping player in the league, he has a set jump shot, so what could really deteriorate in the next couple years??? The age is not a concern.

Liney3506
08-15-2008, 04:23 PM
i do love those stats....those stats actually matter.

but i dont think assist to turnover ratio has anything to do with ball handling ability. thats more of an intelligence/BBall IQ stat more than anything else.

west is a better shooter than miller. miller makes smarter descisions than west, and thats why he had better percentages.. hes a much more knowledgeable basketball player.

im not saying west is better than miller, i never said that. but i do believe that west has better skills. miller uses what he has better than delonte west does.

Last time I checked, taking a smart shot is included in the shooting %. If you take stupid shots, it'll show in your %. If you take smart shots, it'll show. Miller is the better shooter overall, because he makes better decisions, and puts himself in a better chance to make the shot. Just because Delonte can hit the occasional 3, doesn't mean he's a better shooter.

At this point in his career, West pretty much is what he is.

AirJordanXVIII
08-15-2008, 04:26 PM
ALl stats used against BChydro are ALWAYS overrated :pity:

Googlyeyes101
08-15-2008, 07:25 PM
Last time I checked, taking a smart shot is included in the shooting %. If you take stupid shots, it'll show in your %. If you take smart shots, it'll show. Miller is the better shooter overall, because he makes better decisions, and puts himself in a better chance to make the shot. Just because Delonte can hit the occasional 3, doesn't mean he's a better shooter.

At this point in his career, West pretty much is what he is.

At this point in his career? the dudes only 25, jeese give the man a chance...i totally agree with hydro and since west has better range it will stretch the floor because everyone knows that when miller is at the 3 point line his defender sags off of him clogging up the middle because they know he won't shoot from out there (3-34 on the season)

but once again i'm not saying west is better than miller i am just agreeing with hydro that west is a better skills player and MIGHT be a better option for the future

BChydro86
08-15-2008, 09:31 PM
at least someone understands what im saying.

Liney3506
08-15-2008, 10:00 PM
At this point in his career? the dudes only 25, jeese give the man a chance...i totally agree with hydro and since west has better range it will stretch the floor because everyone knows that when miller is at the 3 point line his defender sags off of him clogging up the middle because they know he won't shoot from out there (3-34 on the season)

but once again i'm not saying west is better than miller i am just agreeing with hydro that west is a better skills player and MIGHT be a better option for the future

Only 25? Typically after so many years in the league, you are what you are. He's nearing that point. He hasn't progressed to the point where he's even a starting PG in this league.

Range means nothing if you're missing those shots anyway. Miller hits a higher percentage of his shots, regardless of his man "sagging off of him". If you don't see that as a fact...then you can't read.

Googlyeyes101
08-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Only 25? Typically after so many years in the league, you are what you are. He's nearing that point. He hasn't progressed to the point where he's even a starting PG in this league.

Range means nothing if you're missing those shots anyway. Miller hits a higher percentage of his shots, regardless of his man "sagging off of him". If you don't see that as a fact...then you can't read.

yep i can't read, i'm not denying that miller hits a higher percentage of his shots...i'm saying west is a better pure shooter and there's no way in hell you can deny that. shooting a higher percentage just means you take easier shots which is all about basketball IQ. that's why big men are always leading the league in FG %. not saying west is better than miller dont' know how many times i have to say that, I am just saying somethings west is better at, which includes his shooting and athleticism, not basketball IQ; that comes with experience.

AirJordanXVIII
08-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Okay.... West is a pure shooter... that means **** if he cant make them. You can have the most textbook jumper in the book, but if you dont make it, it means nothing.

Googlyeyes101
08-16-2008, 12:20 AM
Okay.... West is a pure shooter... that means **** if he cant make them. You can have the most textbook jumper in the book, but if you dont make it, it means nothing.

oh my god, west can shoot and that's why he is still in the nba...it's not like he has perfect form and is at your local ymca. and his jumpshot isn't textbook cause he's a lefty and never squares up...you guys need to stop hatin on delonte

AirJordanXVIII
08-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Buddy. I'd love Delonte. We need him. But by no means would I start him over Miller.

Googlyeyes101
08-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Buddy. I'd love Delonte. We need him. But by no means would I start him over Miller.

ok so we've gotten no where hahahaha i completely believe Miller is better right now but i would like west to be apart of our future

Liney3506
08-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Exactly. I wouldn't be trading Miller for him, specifically.

Googlyeyes101
08-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Thank god I was starting to get po'd for no reason haha

AutomaticWeezy
08-17-2008, 02:40 PM
I cant remember where i saw it, but i remember reading somewhere that the cavs want him to start at the 2 and have boobie play back up point.

DR.J9
08-17-2008, 02:47 PM
He is a pg. If he is anythin else he is an undersized sg

AirJordanXVIII
08-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Okay, we're good then?