PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Joe Horn?

ProPoster
08-13-2008, 10:37 PM
It's been announced that Joe Horn wants to be traded out of Atlanta. I know hes like pushing 37, but would it be a good idea to trade some players (chad jackson, matt cassell) for some more stable security at WR?

RdSxFn38
08-14-2008, 12:05 AM
I would like to see what Jackson does this year, with injuries I don't think we've seen what he's capable of

griff141
08-14-2008, 12:56 AM
I would like to see what Jackson does this year, with injuries I don't think we've seen what he's capable of

Unless he kicks it up a notch were not going to see much of him.

ProPoster
08-14-2008, 09:42 AM
Unless he kicks it up a notch were not going to see much of him.

Exactly why i would like to see Joe Horn maybe as our 3rd or 4th WR. Chad jackson at this point seems like hes going to be a major bust. With Horn, we have a veteran presence that can help spread the field for moss and welker the way stallworth did for us last year. Gaffney is great but I don't know if he has the ability to spread the field for the other guys. I think Horn would be willing to reconstruct his contract even lower if he could come play with the pats.

kazzy4080
08-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Exactly why i would like to see Joe Horn maybe as our 3rd or 4th WR. Chad jackson at this point seems like hes going to be a major bust. With Horn, we have a veteran presence that can help spread the field for moss and welker the way stallworth did for us last year. Gaffney is great but I don't know if he has the ability to spread the field for the other guys. I think Horn would be willing to reconstruct his contract even lower if he could come play with the pats.

i dont know how quick joe horn is but we need a quick receiver for our number 2 and that way welker can be our number 3

IceMan360
08-14-2008, 05:02 PM
NO!!!! he's done

J-E-T-S
08-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Might as well grab Jerry Rice while your at it. Heck Keenan McCardell is better than Joe Horn. But he is on his last legs. Chad Jackson is what? 22-23? Give it some time.

kbjohnson26
08-15-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm not ready to give up on Jackson yet. I'd liek to see what he looks like with number 12 thowing him the ball. His first game was bad but IMO so were all the QB's.

But seriously....Joe Horn?!?!? I know he may still have some left in the tank... But C'mon now...

redwhitebluepat
08-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Chad Jackson was not hurt last year...He is about as intellectual as a box of cereal, he cannot understand the offense...Sure we've all watched his videos from college and his video from the combine? Cult-like if you ask me...but he has shown us nothing because unlike the Gators offense we need him to do more than to run fades. I give him this year as his last 'Jackson Experiment'...after all it has been said that with this supposed to be his big healthy year it has pushed Gafney that much harder and he is making better plays in camp...

Anyone remember a gentleman named Bethel Johnson? Point taken.

kbjohnson26
08-15-2008, 09:57 AM
I agree. While I don't think he is going to breakout and be some super receiver I do believe that he could have a decent year.

I do think that Gaffney is better and will be ahead of him on the depth chart though. I think next year we could see another WR drafted

mc6796
08-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I guess the abilities of one Joe Horn aren't as elevated by the entire NFL as they are to you. The good news is you can now start a threat about signing him.

kbjohnson26
08-19-2008, 03:57 PM
I came on here looking to see if their was a " Sign Joe Horn" Thread already... LOL .

I understand Horn had some good years, but to think he is an upgrade on our top three right now is crazy.

trucolorz91
08-19-2008, 09:23 PM
Our number two reciever doesnt have to be that great, just needs to get the attention of the defense so moss and welker can get open. Thats prety much what stalworth did last year and he did good at it. And I think grabbing a number one reciever and using him as our number two would work for us just fine

The Hurricane
08-19-2008, 11:56 PM
How could Chad Jackson get a chance last year behind Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney and even Watson who eats up a few red zone passes. The only logical trade would be Chad Jackson to Jamica for Usain Bolt and a case of Red Stripe.

ERLynx
08-20-2008, 01:39 PM
I see him going to Philadelphia. Just a hunch, but McNabb doesnt have anyone to throw to and I think he likes that kind of spotlight.

coltsfan11
08-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I think he'll be headed to the Jets. Favre needs another receiver and he could get a pretty could rythm with Horn. I don't think that the Pats need another wide receiver lol.

Patsfan56
08-21-2008, 12:33 AM
:
How could Chad Jackson get a chance last year behind Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Gaffney and even Watson who eats up a few red zone passes. The only logical trade would be Chad Jackson to Jamica for Usain Bolt and a case of Red Stripe.

:laugh:

magichatnumber9
08-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Lets face it, are scouting department is not quite as solid as it was when Bill Parcells was coaching this team. I have been following the Patriots draft for almost two decades and this regime is not that bad, but there eye for talent is not what it is credited for. The best talent scouts are with the Colts, there staff is the best in the league, and the Pats should take notice.

mc6796
08-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Lets face it, are scouting department is not quite as solid as it was when Bill Parcells was coaching this team. I have been following the Patriots draft for almost two decades and this regime is not that bad, but there eye for talent is not what it is credited for. The best talent scouts are with the Colts, there staff is the best in the league, and the Pats should take notice.

Explain this to me. How have the Pats failed to scout well? Maybe you have missed the drafting of both offensive and defensive lines, it is still early but all signs point to Mayo being great, and Crable looks to be a very good back up. Oh yeah that 6th rnd pick they have playing QB, he's pretty good too. Please explain to me the great drafts of the Colts. The only impact player I can think of off the top of my head that wasn't a first round pick and drafted by the current management group is Bob Sanders. Feel free to add to the list since I admit I don't know where the colts player were drafted.