PDA

View Full Version : So What's next?

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Will it be a S & T with Delonte West?

Will it be another big trade with our really attractive expiring contracts?

Will the next player be even better then Williams?

Will the next player just be a solid big man to start for us?

or will he be a bench guy kind of like a Joe Smith was for us last year?

Please share idea's in this thread.

infamous
08-13-2008, 08:41 PM
How about getting mike miller?. I know he just got traded, but still its a possibility maybe in the trade deadline. He will fit perfectly in the SG role for the cavs. How do you guys feel about getting rasheed wallace? If not how about zach randolph?

And the line-up would be something like this:

PG - Mo
SG - Miller
SF - LBJ
PF - Sheed or Zach
C - Z/Big Ben

what do you think?

Sbank
08-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Will it be a S & T with Delonte West?

Will it be another big trade with our really attractive expiring contracts?

Will the next player be even better then Williams?

Will the next player just be a solid big man to start for us?

or will he be a bench guy kind of like a Joe Smith was for us last year?

Please share idea's in this thread.

I think West situation we see a sign and trade if not he probable going to sign a one year deal.

I think another big trade could happen during the season more like at the deadline. Wally and Av have have expiring contracts and we could get parts we need in a trade with him
The next player could be better then Williams but we have to see when if or when we make our next move.
I don't think it be for a big man but if we do it be someone like Smith who would come off the bench.

Sbank
08-13-2008, 08:44 PM
How about getting mike miller?. I know he just got traded, but still its a possibility maybe in the trade deadline. He will fit perfectly in the SG role for the cavs. How do you guys feel about getting rasheed wallace? If not how about zach randolph?

PG - Mo
SG - Miller
SF - LBJ
PF - Sheed or Zach
C - Z/Big Ben

what do you think?

We don't need Zach Randolph!
But I highly doubt we get Rasheed Wallace. Pistons won't trade him in the same division and to there rival.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 08:46 PM

PG - Mo
SG - Miller
SF - LBJ
PF - Sheed or Zach
C - Z/Big Ben

what do you think?

Sheed and Randolph are "head-cases".Out of the two I would want Sheed though.

Mike Miller is a interesting idea now, because we have Mo I am not sure we need Miller. I think we could use a defensive type SG that brings some offense too. I have no idea of our options.

I certainly would take Miller at our SG, he would be a nice upgrade over Wally and Sasha.

infamous
08-13-2008, 08:48 PM
We don't need Zach Randolph!
But I highly doubt we get Rasheed Wallace. Pistons won't trade him in the same division and to there rival.
It's because I dont see any bigs available right now except for randolph. Maybe If the cavs will wait then maybe they can land a quality big man. I agree the cavs IMO will have no chance in acquiring sheed, but he is still pretty good, thats why I want him in the cavs uniform. :D

D_Boy_bruno
08-13-2008, 08:52 PM
THe next thing the Cavs gotta do iz sit look at their roster and think .....how can we improve our bench scoring........on the bench u hav varejao,hickson,sasha,kinsey,and gibson.......which may look fine but probaly the cavs need to add at least 1more piece 2 seal the deal....... see what u can get for signin and trading delonte west for 1yr.......afta al of dat they hav 2 decide on finshin their 15man roster with players lik...billy thomas,devin brown,darnell jackson,dwanyne jones,and sasha kaun........i look for some of these players 2 go to the cavs d-league if they dont make it.......so thats what the cavs should do to end the offseason........what do you guys think

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:06 PM
I hope some info comes out about West, I am really dying to know the situation. I wouldn't mind him playing some of the 2, he is 6'4'' so he is about a inch short of what a SG should be.

Sbank
08-13-2008, 09:12 PM
It's because I dont see any bigs available right now except for randolph. Maybe If the cavs will wait then maybe they can land a quality big man. I agree the cavs IMO will have no chance in acquiring sheed, but he is still pretty good, thats why I want him in the cavs uniform. :D

Our Gm has been patient but very active. He been aggressive to in a lot of trade talks and signing but he been smart that he won't do a deal that doesn't help our team. Randolph doesn't make us better and he bring a lot of bagged we don't want to deal with.

*Superman*
08-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Alright take it easy on me because IDK West's value. But IMO he would fit great with the Magic. Him and Jameer went to the same college and are great friends and all. So all the Magic are offering is JJ, Bogans, and Cook on the block. Do you guys think that could make a deal, if not i wouldn't mind throwing in a 1st or 2nd rounder.

brownies23
08-13-2008, 09:28 PM
wat do u guys think of going after a defensive minded guy like andrei kirilenko.he would be a massive upgrade to our defense, and he can play the 2,3,or 4 spot in the lineup.he would definately help lebron, because kirilenko could get some of the boards that lebron has 2 get,which would let lebron get down in the fast break, more often.

possible lineup of

pg:Williams
sg:gibson/pavlovic
sf:lebron
pf:Kirilenko
c:Z

*Superman*
08-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Who would you give up, Ben? I think they rather keep AK. Although that would be one hell of an upgrade.

brownies23
08-13-2008, 09:35 PM
no we would give up wally and a 2nd round pick for him.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
I would rather have this lineup with Ak-47:

Williams/ Gibson/ West
LeBron James/ West
AK-47/Sasha/Tarence Kinney
Ben Wallace/ Hickson/
Z/ Varejao

I like that lineup a lot.

brownies23
08-13-2008, 09:55 PM
yeah that lineup works 2.i mean if we got ak we could do so many different lineups that it would b hard to defend us.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
yeah that lineup works 2.i mean if we got ak we could do so many different lineups that it would b hard to defend us.

Our defense would be our strength. Even more so if we got him, but that's what we need with us trading for Williams.

I think Ak would be the perfect next trade.

He would give us a good 12-15ppg and play good defense.

IndiansFan337
08-13-2008, 11:22 PM
I hope some info comes out about West, I am really dying to know the situation. I wouldn't mind him playing some of the 2, he is 6'4'' so he is about a inch short of what a SG should be.

But is he any better as a SG than Pavlovic, Gibson or Wally?
I doubt it.

I'm not opposed to retaining him at all, but I don't know how much PT he should expect. Probably closer to 15-20 mpg, unless we decide to start him at PG & Mo Williams at SG, with Gibson as the exclusive backup G.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-13-2008, 11:35 PM
But is he any better as a SG than Pavlovic, Gibson or Wally?
I doubt it.

I'm not opposed to retaining him at all, but I don't know how much PT he should expect. Probably closer to 15-20 mpg, unless we decide to start him at PG & Mo Williams at SG, with Gibson as the exclusive backup G.

It's cloudy to me what we should do too. I think trading him makes sense. It's really up to Brown and what he thinks he can do with the starting lineup.

What do you think minutes wise we could expect of Mo?

infamous
08-14-2008, 04:47 AM
The cavs should go after AK-47.

infamous
08-14-2008, 04:48 AM
Alright take it easy on me because IDK West's value. But IMO he would fit great with the Magic. Him and Jameer went to the same college and are great friends and all. So all the Magic are offering is JJ, Bogans, and Cook on the block. Do you guys think that could make a deal, if not i wouldn't mind throwing in a 1st or 2nd rounder.
I would trade west for JJ redick. :D

infamous
08-14-2008, 04:52 AM
I would rather have this lineup with Ak-47:

Williams/ Gibson/ West
LeBron James/ West
AK-47/Sasha/Tarence Kinney
Ben Wallace/ Hickson/
Z/ Varejao

I like that lineup a lot.

Wow this is a championship lineup. The cavs would be hell on defense. The cavs will limit the opponents ppg. bron + ak47 + big ben + Z = block party. :D

Come on ferry, get AK47!

infamous
08-14-2008, 04:54 AM
It's cloudy to me what we should do too. I think trading him makes sense. It's really up to Brown and what he thinks he can do with the starting lineup.

If mo gets around 38-39 mins per game. Then, he could average around 20ppg.

IndiansFan337
08-14-2008, 09:46 AM
33-34mpg.

The cavs should go after AK-47.
I would love it if we did that. We could offer them Wally + 1st round pick for AK-47, if they think that they'll need that money to re sign Boozer & Okur.

If mo gets around 38-39 mins per game. Then, he could average around 20ppg.
He's not going to play that many mpg with Gibson, Pavlovic & possibly West coming off the bench behind him. He'll be luck to average 34 mpg.

kobeonekenobe
08-14-2008, 10:55 AM
if there are no more trades i think the cavs will alternate the backcourt with Mo, West and Gibson mixing the 2 positions....

Id like the Cavs to make 1 or 2 more trades though but i cant see it happening, the expiring contract of wally is just too good to get rid of....

If a trade did happen though id like to see either, Vince Carter, T.Prince, or AK47 coming in, either a sg/sf would do as Lebron can equally play the sg spot

RenegadeRiot36
08-14-2008, 10:57 AM
what about carlos boozer at PF

D_Boy_bruno
08-14-2008, 12:21 PM
lets take a look at what the cavs roster and lineup would look lik right now if they resign delonte.......i mean ifdey do resign him he could play the SG postion since he is a bout 6'4....plus gibson is lik 6'1.....and mo williams is like 6'3.......so i see it playing out well for the cavs.......it bring out alot of shooting and depth at the guard postions.........Check this out

Starting line up- mo wills.wally,lebron,ben wall,Z

bench- gibson,delonte,(kinsey/sasha)hickson,varejao

Sbank
08-14-2008, 11:47 PM
if there are no more trades i think the cavs will alternate the backcourt with Mo, West and Gibson mixing the 2 positions....

Id like the Cavs to make 1 or 2 more trades though but i cant see it happening, the expiring contract of wally is just too good to get rid of....

If a trade did happen though id like to see either, Vince Carter, T.Prince, or AK47 coming in, either a sg/sf would do as Lebron can equally play the sg spot

If west is on our bench. Cavs might do a sign and trade with West,

I think AK47 would be the best of the three and most likely we could go after. Pistons aren't going to trade Prince to us. Nets turned down Wally for Carter straight up.

bigalow80
08-15-2008, 12:43 AM
ak47 would be a good deal for the cavs, although i'm not too sure what his contract situation looks like. the ideal piece would have been ron artest!!! he would fit perfectly into the situation now. i would love the cavs to take a flyer on a guy such as jj reddick, i think he is underutilized in orlando plus all he would have to do is spot up and shoot not to mention the best part of his game is shooting free throws...which is the worst part of the cavs. i like the cavs line-up right now. i don't think anything really needs to be done until mid-season to wait and see who is available.

Jay22Redd
08-15-2008, 03:28 AM
go get VC

Injins2310
08-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Cavs need to find a way to do a sign and trade for J.R. Smith. I know its probably out of the picture but imagine.

PG- Mo Williams, Daniel Gibson
SG- JR Smith, Sasha Pavolic
SF- Lebron James, Sasha/Tarence Kinney
PF- Big Ben, JJ Hickson
C- Z, AV

We would trade Wally and Delonte West and probably a 1st or 2nd round pick for him. This won't happen but i'll dream.

infamous
08-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Cavs need to find a way to do a sign and trade for J.R. Smith. I know its probably out of the picture but imagine.

PF- Big Ben, JJ Hickson
C- Z, AV

We would trade Wally and Delonte West and probably a 1st or 2nd round pick for him. This won't happen but i'll dream.

Whoa, trading delonte, wally and a pick for j.r is giving up too much. No way.

IndiansFan337
08-15-2008, 01:10 PM
ak47 would be a good deal for the cavs, although i'm not too sure what his contract situation looks like. the ideal piece would have been ron artest!!! he would fit perfectly into the situation now. i would love the cavs to take a flyer on a guy such as jj reddick, i think he is underutilized in orlando plus all he would have to do is spot up and shoot not to mention the best part of his game is shooting free throws...which is the worst part of the cavs. i like the cavs line-up right now. i don't think anything really needs to be done until mid-season to wait and see who is available.
He has about $50 million left over the final three years of his contract.

PF- Big Ben, JJ Hickson
C- Z, AV

The Nuggets would probably love to get West, but probably not at the cost of Smith.

I think the only way we could land Smith is if we did this: Nene/K-Mart + Smith for Wally + West. The Nuggets would be interested in shedding the salary of one of their overpaid big men, if possible. The problem is that I don't think you can do S&T's with other included from the side of the outgoing S&T'ed player. Aka I don't think another Cavs player could be included in a S&T along with West or another Nugget could be included in a S&T with Smith. So for something like this to work out it may have to actually be two separate trades.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-15-2008, 01:18 PM
He has about $50 million left over the final three years of his contract.

The Nuggets would probably love to get West, but probably not at the cost of Smith.

I think the only way we could land Smith is if we did this: Nene/K-Mart + Smith for Wally + West. The Nuggets would be interested in shedding the salary of one of their overpaid big men, if possible. The problem is that I don't think you can do S&T's with other included from the side of the outgoing S&T'ed player. Aka I don't think another Cavs player could be included in a S&T along with West or another Nugget could be included in a S&T with Smith. So for something like this to work out it may have to actually be two separate trades.

Would we really want a Nene/Martin? I don't really, sure Smith could become a good player, but what I think we need more of a perimeter defender at the SG, and he doesn't fill that need.

Cavs_Fan24
08-15-2008, 09:06 PM
plus, that trade's nearly impossible cuz Denver doesnt really have any other big men then, they wouldn't be stupid enough to do it

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
08-15-2008, 11:32 PM
plus, that trade's nearly impossible cuz Denver doesnt really have any other big men then, they wouldn't be stupid enough to do it

Well they wouldn't be able to get rid of both, and I think they would be thrilled to get rid of K-Mart's contract.